Chapter 630: To Begin An Uprising!
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Spoiler
[collapse]

Chapter 630: To Begin An Uprising!

 

Narrator: The next morning. It is now December 24th, Year 14,197.

*The heroes wake up and sit up on their beds except for Herbie who is still snoozing. Dusk gets up and walks over to Herbie and bonks him on the head*

Dusk: Wake up, doofus.

*Herbie sits up with his hands on his head*

Herbie: Gah! That hurt, you stupid edgy clown!

Dusk: Someone has to make sure you’re not slacking.

Herbie: You want to fight!?

Dusk: I can take you down easily, plants for brains.

*Herbie looks angered. Sasha angrily looks at them both*

Sasha: Knock it off! Both of you! Or your insides will become Hellhound meat!

*Both Herbie and Dusk look scared*

Herbie and Dusk: Yes, ma’am!

*Lavana shrugs*

Lavana: Honestly, I don’t know why you bother to put up with these idiots.

*The heroes walk out into the main room. Everyone gathers in the main room of the sewers. Ivy stands on a ledge above everyone*

Ivy: We’re about to launch our assault on the pyramid that houses the Light Tyrant! We’ve spent all this time building a tunnel that leads beneath the pyramid! It’s time to put it to use! Everyone is taking part!

*The demons cheer. But Froid steps forward*

Froid: Before we start this thing, I need to issue a warning.

*Froid then has a serious expression before he continues*

Froid: Be careful of Daren’s son, Grant. Grant is a very formidable fighter and he has never lost a fight, or at least no demon has ever seen him lose one.

Zeth: Have you seen him in action? What can you tell us about him?

Froid: Have I seen him in action? No, I have not. But there was a time I was called to a battlefield that needed a medic. By the time I got into the area, all that was left alive was Grant and he was surrounded by the corpses of many strong demons.

*Froid has a flashback. In his flashback, he is hiding in some bushes on a hill and looks out to the lower area beyond the bottom of the hill and he sees Grant with only minor scratches while there are corpses of demons all around him*

*Froid is shocked*

Froid: (Thinking) What in the…!?

*Froid’s flashback ends*

Froid: I got out of there right away. I would have been killed if he found me. I don’t know what his abilities are but make sure you treat him as big of a threat as Daren is.

Zeth: Thanks for the heads up.

*Zeth looks at Kasuma*

Zeth: What about you? What do you know about Grant?

Kasuma: This might sound strange but Grant rarely participates in battle. He usually fights as a last resort. When angels can’t handle it, he’ll do it. As a result, I’ve never seen him fight. But the one that is the “last resort” would only make sense to be your strongest so that backs up what Froid was saying. I’m sorry. That’s all I know about him.

Zeth: That’s fair enough.

*Zeth looks at Ivy*

Zeth: I think we’re all ready.

Ivy: All right! It’s time! Our uprising begins now!!

*The demons cheer*

 

***

 

Narrator: A little bit later.

*Everyone gathers at the entrance to a tunnel in the sewers*

Ivy: This tunnel will take us to directly underneath the pyramid.

*Everyone follows Ivy into the tunnel. The tunnel is long*

Pearl: How did you dig a tunnel directly underneath the pyramid without causing loud enough noises to be detected?

Ivy: Don’t underestimate what are basically feral demons now. We’ve spent the last 5 years working toward this. This will be a long walk.

 

***

 

Narrator: The walk was indeed a long one. From the entrance of the tunnel to the end of it was a 42-minute walk.

*Everyone makes it to the end of the tunnel*

Ivy: This is it. We’re directly underneath the pyramid.

Sasha: I’m guessing you don’t know where in the pyramid this will take us?

Ivy: That is correct as none of us have ever been in the pyramid.

Herbie: Well, I hope it won’t take us into the middle of a big and wide-open room.

Dusk: Are you trying to jinx us?

Lavana: Oh please. Regardless of where we end up, it would be the same whether he said that or not.

Kasuma: I couldn’t say where this will take us as I have no above-ground context to go off of right now.

Zeth: Kurt, could you use your magic detection ability to see if you can tell how many enemies are above us?

Kurt: Yes. Give me a moment.

*Kurt closes his eyes and focuses. With his eyes closed he can “see” a single source of magic. He opens his eyes*

Kurt: There is only one source of magic in the area directly above us.

Ivy: Excellent.

Kurt: I’m ready when all of you are ready.

Ivy: Once we start this, there will be no going back into hiding since this tunnel would take the enemy back to our hideout. We are fully committed to this. Let’s begin.

*Ivy raises her hands to the ceiling and starts clawing at it until she is able to open a hole in the floor above. The hole opens up into a hallway. The place is made of dark gray stones and has plant life throughout it1Author’s Note: The place has a similar aesthetic to the Forest Temple from Ocarina of Time. Ivy quietly climbs out of the hole and sneaks up behind a winged male angel who is dusting a vase while talking to himself*

Male Angel: Why do I always get stuck with the dusting duties? There are so many others here that could do—

*The angel is interrupted as Ivy grabs hold of him and covers his mouth with her left hand to keep him from shouting. She then pierces his neck with the fingernails of her right hand.

*His eyes open wide and his skin starts to become discolored. His wings look like they are rotting. His eyes lose focus and he becomes limp. Ivy drags his body and drops him in the hole she came out of. The others then start climbing out of the hole*

Zeth: What did you do to him?

Ivy: I poisoned him. I injected the poison into his neck from my fingers. I’ve gotten so good at it that I don’t need a dagger for my assassinations anymore.

Pearl: What now? We’re cramped in this hallway.

Ivy: You’re right. We need to split up. We can’t move as one group.

Kurt: Let me check the other paths.

*Kurt closes his eyes and focuses. He then opens his eyes*

Kurt: The room ahead of us has a lot of magic sources. It’s likely the main hub of the pyramid.

*Ivy puts her left hand up to her chin*

Ivy: Hmmm. That could serve as a nice distraction. We start a big battle in that room to distract their forces in the pyramid while the rest of us go to find Daren.

*Ivy looks at her demon forces*

Ivy: All right, everyone. I want all of you to go into that room and fight all the angels you see. You will fight and stall them even if it costs you your lives.

*Her demon forces nod*

Ivy: Now then, go.

*Her demon forces start passing by her and the other heroes. However, Froid stops walking when he reaches Ivy (they are side-by-side but facing opposite directions). They both have serious expressions on their faces*

Ivy: Good luck out there. They’re going to need a good medic.

*Froid lights a cigarette and starts smoking*

Froid: …I know.

Ivy: I take that cigarette to mean you don’t think the odds are good of any of you coming out of this alive?

*Froid blows out a puff of smoke and then speaks with a somber tone*

Froid: Yeah…

Ivy: If this is the last time that I get to see you, I just want to say thank you for everything you’ve done for me. Godspeed.

*Froid continues walking*

Froid: You’re welcome. You can just pay my bar tab next time and we can call ourselves even.

*Ivy rubs her eyes, trying not to get sad. Sasha comes up to Ivy and puts her right hand on Ivy’s left shoulder*

Sasha: It will be fine. Come on. We need to find Daren.

Lavana: I’m surprised none of them showed any hesitation. The orders you gave them sounded like a suicide mission.

*Ivy recomposes herself*

Ivy: We’ve spent the past 5 years preparing ourselves to fight and die when the time comes. All of us would give our lives to take down the Light Tyrant.

 

***

 

Narrator: Meanwhile. At the Stargazer.

*Jeff is sitting in the pilot seat and sees the radar picking up something. Jeff goes on the intercom to speak to everyone on the ship*

Jeff: Heads up, everyone! There is an unknown person heading toward our ship! It could be a hostile!

*Joe and Emily start heading toward the exit of the ship and they pass by Laila*

Laila: Good luck, you two!

Joe: Thanks!

Emily: We won’t let anyone lay even a single finger on the ship!

Narrator: The uprising in the pyramid begins! Also, Joe and Emily prepare for battle to defend the Stargazer!

Chapter 630 END

To be Continued in Chapter 631: An Intelligent Enemy

0