Chapter 636: Boom Guy’s Endless Arsenal
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Spoiler
[collapse]

Chapter 636: Boom Guy’s Endless Arsenal

 

Narrator: Back with Emily and Joe just outside of the Stargazer.

*Emily remains in a lot of pain from her stab wound*

Joe: Oh no! Emily!

*Emily pulls the large sword out of her abdomen and tosses it to the side. She tears the sleeve off of her shoulder and ties it around her abdomen*

Emily: *huff huff* It hurts like hell, but I’ll make it!

Boom Guy: Yes, you seem to have incredible physical endurance. You’d be fine… if this was the end of the battle.

*Boom Guy takes out a band of tiny turrets and wraps them around his right arm. They connect to a unit on his belt*

Boom Guy: I will finish you.

*Emily opens her eyes wide and quickly gets up and starts running to avoid the bullets now being fired from the band around Boom Guy’s arm. As she runs, she puts her hand on her abdomen*

Emily: (Thinking) Damn it! The pain is going to slow me down!

*The bullets finally start hitting Emily and she takes more damage*

Emily: Aaahh!!

*As Emily takes the hits, Joe moves in close to Boom Guy and tries to stab him with a razor hail spike coming out of his hand. Boom Guy uses his left hand to grab onto Joe’s arm to stop the attack but Joe quickly kicks Boom Guy’s right arm which knocks that arm upward and causes the bullet fire to shoot into the sky*

Boom Guy: You won’t save her!

*Boom Guy kicks Joe in the gut to knock him back. He then turns his attention back to Emily but finds her within point-blank range. She uses her Shadow Sword and tries to slash him. He tries to jump back but his right hand still ends up being cut off*

Boom Guy: Grrrr! Damn you!

*Emily smirks*

Emily: It’s going to be a lot harder to wield your weapons with one of your hands gone.

*As Boom Guy continues in his jump back, Emily pulls out her shotgun and fires, blasting Boom Guy with a lot of power which blows him back farther*

*Boom Guy coughs up blood as he is blown back*

Boom Guy: Arrrrrrrggghhhhh!!!

*Boom Guy’s body starts hitting the ground like a rag doll. Before his body comes to a stop, razor hail shoots out horizontally toward him and pierces him in many places, increasing the damage*

Joe: Now, Emily!! Finish him!!

*Emily begins running toward Boom Guy. However, as she runs, she coughs up blood and then stumbles to the ground. Emily digs her fingers into the ground in frustration*

Emily: My body is failing me!!

Joe: (Thinking) We can’t let this fight drag on! She needs to rest!

*Boom Guy starts to stand up and he coughs up more blood. The razor hail pieces fall out of his body*

Boom Guy: Gihaha! This is nothing. Grant is definitely capable of more than this.

*Boom Guy looks at his right arm and notices that part of it is starting to turn black from where his hand was cut off*

*Emily gives an injured-looking smirk*

Emily: My Shadow Sword has that effect on mortals. You’re weakened now.

*Boom Guy takes his cigar out of his mouth and blows out a puff of smoke*

Boom Guy: Interesting.

*Boom Guy holds out his right arm and aims it at Emily. Joe and Emily open their eyes wide as they notice there is a gun barrel inside of his arm sticking out from where his hand was cut off*

*Boom Guy smirks*

Boom Guy: So, tell me, does that effect work on something that is not naturally part of my body?

*From the barrel sticking out of his arm, Boom Guy shoots out a missile directly toward Emily*

Emily: Not good!

*Joe steps up and releases a Derecho wind gust that blows the missile off course. It lands somewhere else in the flower field and causes a large explosion, but it’s out of range so it can’t damage Emily or Joe*

Joe: (Thinking) His damn ice beam still has the air cooled around us so I can’t use effective lightning strikes still. Stalling would be a good way to get the air warmer again but Emily’s injury means we can’t drag it out. Her Supreme Ancestral Form is extremely tough but even it has its limits. What should I do!?

*Boom Guy begins twisting his right arm*

Boom Guy: Very good, very good. But I must ask you something. Can you defend against multiple of them?

*Joe and Emily open their eyes wide*

Joe: What!?

*Boom Guy shoots out another missile*

Joe: Wait, that’s still only one.

Boom Guy: Is it?

*The missile’s outer shell breaks apart and out comes many smaller missiles that start flying toward Emily from many different directions*

Joe: Oh shit!!

*Joe releases razor hail at the missiles but they are only able to hit and prematurely explode some of them*

Joe: I won’t let them hit you!!

*Joe gets in front of Emily and shields her using his own body*

Emily: What are you doing, Joe!!?

Joe: Taking the hit!

*The remaining missiles all hit Joe and explode*

Emily: Joe!!!

*The smoke soon clears. Joe is down on one knee. He is heavily injured but still looks to be in good enough shape to fight*

Emily: Why would you do that!?

Joe: *huff huff* As I said, I won’t let them hit you…

*Joe notices that Boom Guy is no longer in the place that he was standing before*

Joe: *huff huff* Where did he go?

Emily: To your right!!!

*Joe looks to his right as Boom Guy has grabbed his sword off the ground and has gotten close to him with the intent to slash him*

Joe: Oh no!!

*Before Boom Guy can slash Joe, the flowers on the ground all rise up and restrain him, stopping him from finishing his attack*

Boom Guy: Damn, so close.

Emily: I used my Channeling Magic on the flowers just in time…

*Joe steps back to put more distance between himself and Boom Guy*

Joe: *huff huff* There’s something I have been wondering about you. You seem out of place in this peaceful-looking planet full of flowers. What exactly is your deal?

*Boom Guy is silent for a moment before responding*

Boom Guy: What’s my deal, you ask? The war…  Guns… Grant…

*Boom Guy continues smoking as he begins*

Boom Guy: There was once a time when I fit in better in this world…

Narrator: Boom Guy is about to reveal his past!

Chapter 636 END

To be Continued in Chapter 637: Boom Guy’s Story – A Man Who Couldn’t Let Go

0