Chapter 637: Boom Guy’s Story – A Man Who Couldn’t Let Go
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Spoiler
[collapse]

Chapter 637: Boom Guy’s Story – A Man Who Couldn’t Let Go

 

Narrator: Boom Guy’s past is revealed!

Boom Guy: (Narrating) It all started 6 years ago. At the time, I crafted guns and other weapons for a living. But that wasn’t all. I took part in wars between nations and used my own weapons in those battles. But that was a war between mortals. While that was happening, there was also a war happening between Heaven and Hell. But 6 years ago was a time when there were no mortal wars going on so I returned to making weapons.

*Boom Guy is in the back room of a shop. He is wearing protective goggles as he uses a soldering gun to put small pieces in place. As he does this, another man enters the shop and walks into the back room. The man looks like he is in his 30s. He has short black hair and some facial hair. He wears glasses and has on casual clothes*

Man: Hey, Boom! I was thinking of us having a get-together tonight. Can you and your family come over to my place tonight?

*Boom Guy stops what he is doing and lifts up his goggles before turning to look at the man*

Boom Guy: I’d have to ask Hesha about it.

Man: Hesha may be your wife but she is my sister so I’m certain that she will be willing.

Boom Guy: We will see, Richard.

Richard: Just remember, I am the great Richard Gal. You know it’s going to be a good time when I’m involved.

*Richard pulls out a cigar*

Richard Gal: Would you like a cigar, my good dude?

Boom Guy: Come on, Rich, you know I don’t smoke.

*Boom Guy lowers his goggles and goes back to soldering*

Richard Gal: Whatever you say.

*Richard takes out a lighter, lights the cigar, and then starts smoking*

Richard Gal: Not that I think Hesha will say no, but let me know once you get an answer.

Boom Guy: I’ll do that.

*Richard blows out a puff of smoke*

Richard Gal: All right. See ya later, Boom!

Boom Guy: See you. Have a good day.

 

***

 

Boom Guy: (Narrating) My wife, Hesha, agreed to get together with Richard. We even brought our son along with us. We all met at his home that night.

*In Richard’s home, Boom Guy is sitting at a large table where his wife, son, Richard, and some other people are also sitting at. Hesha has shoulder-length blonde hair and she looks like she is in her 30s. Their son looks like he is about 10 years old and has short dark blonde hair. They are all eating a meal*

Richard Gal: I’m glad everyone could come! The food is great, eh? Now all we need is some whisky.

*Richard looks around the room and doesn’t see any whisky. He then looks at Boom Guy*

Richard Gal: Yo, Boom. Weren’t you supposed to bring the whisky?

Boom Guy: Oh, yeah, I did bring it. I just forgot to bring it in. Let me go grab it.

*Boom Guy gets up and starts walking away from the table*

Richard Gal: You do that. I’m gonna grab my cigar.

*Boom Guy walks out of the house. He goes out to the car and opens the trunk*

Boom Guy: It’s right… here.

*As Boom Guy speaks, he looks up to see a ball of energy smash into the house which then causes an explosion, destroying most of the interior of the house. Some of the exterior still stands. Boom Guy opens his eyes and mouth wide. He looks over to the left and sees a couple of angels and a demon fighting each other in the distance. He then turns his attention back to the destroyed house and starts running toward its ruins*

Boom Guy: Oh no!!

*In a panic, Boom Guy runs back into the house*

Boom Guy: Tell me that they survived!

*He finds no one to still be alive. Among the dead, he sees the corpses of his wife, then his son, and lastly, Richard. His eyes open wide for a moment, before then returning to neutral. A somber look fills his eyes as rain begins to come down from the sky*

Boom Guy: (Narrating) It was at that moment that I fully understood what this is. This is war. War doesn’t care if you have a bright future. War doesn’t care if you have a loving family. War doesn’t care if you have great friends. War doesn’t care if no one you are close to is even a participant. War is where people fight and kill each other and anyone near it can get killed in the crossfire. Having provided weapons for wars and participated in them myself, I realized that my purpose in life wasn’t to be a loving family man. It was to fight and die in a war.

*Boom Guy looks down at Richard’s corpse who has a cigar in one hand and a lighter in his other hand. He bends down and grabs both the cigar and the lighter. After standing straight up again, he starts flicking the lighter until the flame forms. He then lights the cigar and starts smoking it*

Boom Guy: Richard… I suppose I do smoke after all.

*He blows out a puff of smoke*

*Soon, another explosion happens nearby. Without saying a word, Boom Guy leaves the ruins of the house and goes back out to his car. His stash of weapons is in the trunk with the whisky*

Boom Guy: Let’s get started…

*Boom Guy pulls out his shotgun and starts rushing toward the angels and demons that are fighting each other. Before they even notice him, he starts blasting them with his shotgun. The angels and demons all take damage and finally notice him*

Male Demon: Who are you to get in the way of our battle!?

Boom Guy: Are you a soldier? Then shut up and fight!

Male Demon: No mortal gets away with saying that to me!

*The demon lunges toward Boom Guy. However, Boom Guy shoves his shotgun barrel in the demon’s mouth and fires. The shotgun blasts through the demon’s head, killing him.

Male Angel 1: Nice work, huma—

*Boom Guy interrupts the angel by blasting him with his shotgun*

Male Angel 2: What’s your problem!? Why are you attacking us too!?

*Boom Guy punches the second male angel in the face and then shoves a grenade with its pin pulled into his mouth. The resulting explosion kills the angel. The first male angel is shocked and looks very concerned*

Male Angel 1: Why!? Tell us why!?

Boom Guy: Because… it’s war.

*The male angel is angered*

Male Angel 1: Pick a side then! You can’t choose both!

*The male angel starts forming a magic attack in his right hand*

Boom Guy: I fight everyone. I’m not on any side.

*Boom Guy aims his shotgun and starts blasting the angel multiple times until he dies. He then takes his cigar out of his mouth and blows out a puff of smoke*

 

***

 

Boom Guy: (Narrating) I joined the war between Heaven and Hell. But I fought both sides. I was a soldier so I was going to fight any other soldier I came across. It wasn’t that long until I found another battle. In fact, it was the very next day.

*Boom Guy looks out the window of his home and sees angels and demons fighting each other*

Boom Guy: They are fighting near the homes of mortals again…?

*Boom Guy lights a cigar and sticks it in his mouth*

Boom Guy: …That works just fine for me.

*He walks into a closet where many of his weapons are stored. He blows out a puff of smoke as he looks at his weapons*

Boom Guy: I think it’s time I show them the power of a real soldier.

 

***

 

*Boom Guy kicks open the front door of his home and aims a heavy machine gun at the angels and demons that are fighting each other*

Boom Guy: I’m going to light you all up!

*Boom Guy begins firing at all of the angels and demons that he sees*

Boom Guy: Angel or demon, it doesn’t matter! I will kill all of you!

*Boom Guy’s attack starts wounding all of the angels and demons that he hits*

Female Angel 1: That man! He is a mortal! Why is he attacking us!?

Male Angel 1: Please, human! Cease your fire!

Male Demon 1: I would be cheering that we’re getting help against the angels but he is attacking us too!

Male Demon 2: Then he must die along with the angels! Kill him!

*Three demons lunge toward Boom Guy but he glances at them and pulls out a sawed-off double-barrel shotgun and blasts all three demons at the same time, knocking them on their backs*

Boom Guy: Let me be clear. I care for none of you on either side. I’m a soldier that will fight anyone doing battle. It’s what I live for now.

*Boom Guy pulls out a grenade and then pulls the pin. He throws the grenade at the angels and demons engaging in melee combat. The explosion significantly damages all of them*

Female Angel 2: How can his weapons be this strong!?

Male Angel 2: If I had to guess, it’s Channeling Magic.

 

***

 

Boom Guy: (Narrating) Both sides ended up retreating after I joined the battle. From there, instead of sitting around waiting for battles to come to me, I began to seek them out. For the next year, I became a sort of boogeyman for the grunt soldiers on both sides. While the higher-up soldiers recognized me as a problem, none of them could devote time to focus on me. I can’t say this for sure but it seemed like they began planning their battle strategies around just avoiding me. But they failed every time. I always got involved in their battles. This is what I lived for. Only a year later, the war finally came to an end as Heaven prevailed. But, fighting in wars was my purpose. I wasn’t going to stop. I couldn’t let go. I continued to seek out and fight angels as well as any remaining demons still out there. After the war, the higher-ups now had time to focus on me. That’s when “he” finally showed up to face me.

*Boom Guy finds himself confronted by Grant who speaks with a calm demeanor*

Grant: Hello there. It’s nice that I finally get to meet you, Boom Guy. My name is Grant, the son of Light God Daren.

*Boom Guy pulls the cigar out of his mouth and blows out a puff of smoke*

Boom Guy: So a big shot wants to finally fight me in battle, eh?

Grant: Let’s just say that you have piqued my interest. I want to learn about you. I want to know why you live the way that you do. You fought and killed both angels and demons alike.

Boom Guy: My only purpose in life is to fight and die in war. The war resulted in my family and friends being killed so I have embraced the war. You may consider the war over, but I won’t let go. I can’t let go. This is all I have.

*Grant stares at Boom Guy with interest and then responds with his calm demeanor*

Grant: Let me make you an offer with some terms. I will fight you. If you win, you will get your wish as my death would most definitely start a manhunt involving every powerful angel of Heaven and even my father himself. You will surely die in a war-like battle. Your life will be complete. If I win, you listen to me. You do only as I allow. How does that sound?

*Boom Guy blows out a puff of smoke*

Boom Guy: Sounds good to me.

Grant: Very well. We shall start immediately.

*Boom Guy starts to take out his shotgun, but before he even finishes doing that, Grant dashes at a very fast speed and goes past Boom Guy*

Grant: It’s over.

Boom Guy: Huh?

*Suddenly, many lines of blood shoot out from various places on Boom Guy’s body. His right hand also has been cut off. He coughs up blood as he collapses to the ground*

*Grant’s hands were glowing with light and that light starts to fade*

Grant: My attack was so fast that you didn’t even see it.

*Grant looks over at some nearby angels*

Grant: Get him medical attention immediately. He’s not allowed to die.

 

***

 

Boom Guy: (Narrating) I fell unconscious after that. The next time I woke up, I was chained to a wall in an empty room. Grant was the person I saw upon waking up.

Grant: You’re now awake. Good.

Boom Guy: I lost our battle…

Grant: That you did. But we healed you. You’re all stitched up. We even reattached your right hand and put in a weapon modification inside your arm so that you can take it off at any time and use it as another weapon.

Boom Guy: Why did you do this?

Grant: The terms of my victory were that you listen to me. As punishment for your acts against Heaven in the past, you will stay here, chained to this wall. But in any instance that we need someone to fight, you will be freed from these chains to take on that mission. You might survive the mission or you might die. But as long as you live, you will come back here to these chains. Your purpose for living is now listening to me.

Boom Guy: If that is my purpose now, then so be it.

Narrator: Boom Guy’s past reveals a tragedy that led to him becoming who he is today!

Chapter 637 END

To be Continued in Chapter 638: Live as a Soldier. Die as a Soldier.

0