Chapter 638: Live as a Soldier. Die as a Soldier.
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Spoiler
[collapse]

Chapter 638: Live as a Soldier. Die as a Soldier.

 

Narrator: Boom Guy has just finished telling his story.

*Boom Guy is still restrained by the magic-channeled flowers. He blows out a puff of smoke*

Boom Guy: There you go. That’s “my deal.”

*Lightning starts to flicker in Joe’s right hand*

Joe: (Thinking) It seems like the air is warming up enough for my lightning to finally effectively work again.

*Joe looks at Boom Guy*

Joe: If you wish to fight and die in a war, then allow us to finish you off.

*The lightning finishes forming in Joe’s hand. Boom Guy stares at Joe with a neutral expression. He then drops the cigar from his mouth. The cigar begins to glow as it falls*

Boom Guy: Sorry, but that doesn’t mean that I will just stand by and let you kill me.

*Joe and Emily open their eyes wide*

Joe: Oh no!

*The cigar explodes and smoke also comes from the blast*

*Joe jumps out from the smoke while holding onto the wounded Emily. She is no longer in her Supreme Ancestral Form*

Joe: Is everything a weapon with this guy!?

Emily: *huff huff* He definitely used Channeling Magic on that cigar. It’s the same magic as mine but I’ve never used Channeling Magic to make something explosive.

*Boom Guy jumps out from the smoke but back in the other direction. The explosion freed him from the flowers restraining him*

Boom Guy: If you can kill me then you must do it while I’m still trying to kill you. I will accept nothing less.

*Boom Guy aims his arm at Joe and Emily as the smoke clears*

Boom Guy: Let’s finish this.

*Boom Guy fires a missile from his arm. The missile’s outer shell breaks apart and out comes many smaller missiles*

Emily: We can’t avoid them!

*Joe focuses on the missiles with his Storm Lord Eyes. Suddenly, many lightning strikes hit all of the missiles, destroying them in the air*

*Boom Guy looks surprised*

Boom Guy: I guess I will have to take that away again.

*Boom Guy pulls out his rifle that shoots out beams of ice using his left hand and aims it one-handedly at the sky*

Joe: Not this time!

*Joe focuses his eyes on the gun and the lightning strikes it, knocking it out of Boom Guy’s hand*

Boom Guy: (Thinking) I have to quickly grab and shoot!

*Boom Guy tries to grab the gun again but Joe focuses on it with his eyes. Suddenly, a short but extreme gust of wind blows it out of Boom Guy’s reach*

Joe: You won’t be needing that anymore.

*Joe’s whole body starts glowing white with electricity as Boom Guy readies his large sword*

Joe: Your wish will be granted! Blitzkrieg!!!

*Joe dashes at an extreme speed and thrusts his hand forward as he reaches Boom Guy*

Boom Guy: (Thinking) He’s too fast!!

*Joe hits Boom Guy with a powerful electrified punch and the punch releases all of the electricity covering his body. The attack is powerful enough to blow a hole through Boom Guy’s abdomen*

Joe: It’s over.

*Boom Guy coughs up blood as he falls to the ground on his back. Joe’s body returns to normal*

Boom Guy: *cough* That’s similar… to how Grant *cough* took me… down…

*Boom Guy starts violently coughing*

Emily: Just put him out of his misery already…

*Boom Guy resumes speaking when his violent coughs stop*

Boom Guy: I only ask one last thing… *cough* Let me smoke… one last cigar… *cough cough*

*Boom Guy’s left hand shakes as he slowly pulls out a cigar from a pouch. He shakes as he slowly sticks it in his mouth*

Boom Guy: Grab the lighter… in the pouch… on my right… side… *cough*

*Joe looks almost sad for him. He bends down to reach for it*

Joe: This cigar better not be a final surprise attack.

*Boom Guy painfully smiles in amusement*

Boom Guy: I’m… dying… I’d get nothing out of… killing you… now… *cough cough*

*Boom Guy pulls out the lighter and flicks it to make the flame form. He then holds the lighter up to the end of the cigar, lighting it. Joe stands back up and looks down at Boom Guy as he smokes his cigar*

Joe: I hope that you are able to see your family in the afterlife… Maybe it will remind you that there should have been more to your life than fighting in wars.

*Boom Guy blows out a puff of smoke and smiles in amusement again*

Boom Guy: To think… *cough* that my final wish… would be granted by… *cough* people from another world… Perhaps you are right… If I go to the same… *cough* place… as them…

*Emily slowly walks over to them while she still has her hand on her abdomen*

Emily: If it makes you feel any better, I’m interested in your weapons. I’m sure I can put them to use. At the very least, that ice beam shooting rifle anyway.

*Boom Guy blows out another puff of smoke as he smiles*

Boom Guy: So… my weapons will live on… while I perish… I think… I will be happy… *cough* with that…

*Boom Guy’s left hand starts to fall against the ground*

Boom Guy: My life is complete…….

*Boom Guy dies while smiling with his eyes still open a bit*

*Joe uses his ice to cool down the cigar as it lies on the ground in his hand. He then uses his hand to close Boom Guy’s eyes*

Joe: He lived a soldier’s life and met a soldier’s end. If only tragedy had not struck him.

Emily: The big thing we learned is that it was Heaven that sent him after us. I wonder if the others already know that the forces of Heaven on this world may not be so welcoming.

Joe: I would be surprised if they didn’t know yet. If the forces of Heaven are targeting us, then they are definitely targeting the others. Let’s hope they are okay. Now, we need to get you some medical attention so let’s go back to the ship.

Emily: Right.

*Emily leans on Joe as they start walking back to the ship*

Narrator: Boom Guy’s final wish was finally granted! It was a tough battle but Joe and Emily head back to the Stargazer victorious!

Chapter 638 END

To be Continued in Chapter 639: An Opening in the Vines

This is actually the last chapter that I have written so far as I am currently on a hiatus from writing. There are 13 other chapters that I have written but they are a separate tie-in to a future arc so I will wait to post those 13 chapters until I get to that arc. As for when my hiatus will end, probably after I finish playing Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. As another note, I have been considering making changes to my writing style for this story. Basically, I'm thinking of changing dialogue to be closer to standard quoted dialogue. Although I think the name colon style works for this manga-style story, it makes expressing a character's tone of voice difficult. In addition, that would also mean removing the asterisks that I have been using for actions as they are no longer needed if I use more standard quoted dialogue. I will probably also go back through all previously posted chapters over time and edit them to make them like this new style. But sheesh, that will take a lot of time.

 

Once I do return to writing, I will post chapters when they are finished.

0