PROLOGUE : A Certain Someone’s Predicament
690 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As most high school students nowadays would, falling in love some time along their high school is probably inevitable. The only ones who wouldn't fall in love would probably those who don't have a shred of emotion in them, or someone who genuinely doesn't care about anyone.ย 

Take a plain normal person, with plain black hair and black eyed, but stupidly beautiful eyelashes for example. Yes, that boy is Awagami Yuu, one of those high school boys. In fact, he didn't even imagine falling in love. For someone like him who doesn't pretty much care about what's happening in his surroundings, it is something unexpected to him. But after a lengthy 2 years of being classmates with ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, he apparently fell, but he wasn't expecting an acceptance of his feelings.ย 

He is currently in his 3rd year of middle school at Asahi Gakuenโ€” the top of the top schools in Japan. With an unbelievable 10% acceptance rate.

The person he fell in love withโ€” Higabana Aoi is undoubtedly a beauty, but since the class has practically beauties and cuties all around, she didn't stand out too much. Even so, one can say that her beauty stands atop of everything, as she clearly dominates in the "perfect" beauty. Prior to her beauty are her silky long black hair, her cute face with light brown-ish eyes.

She is also a student of Asahi Gakuen, so both of them were relatively smart. In fact, those two are inside the top 10 students not only of the class, but the year as well, just being Awagami Yuu on the higher part and Higabana Aoi lower.

But another part of him was filled with sadness, as he already confessed to her once in his 2nd year, only to end up rejected. He had already expected a rejection, but he didn't shed a tear and just acted like nothing happened.

Then, the usual Friday, same time Awagami Yuu goes home at 2 PM, he went to the supermarket first to buy some ingredients for dinner as he usually would as he is tasked with cooking. Well, not really every day, but just because his parents are on work, which left him alone with his siblings, he had no choice but to cook as his siblings are independable in cooking, they may either burn the food, or even don't know what they're doing.ย 

As he was on his way home with a supermarket bag on his left hand, and his bag on his right shoulder, he stared at the stoplight timer, waiting for it to hit 0 so that he could cross the street.ย 

๐˜Ž๐˜ฐ๐˜ข๐˜ญโ€ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ฉโ€ฆ. ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ตโ€ฆ.

Yuu was thinking of the Career Path handed to them earlier, which he didn't get to answer. And, as soon as the stoplight hit 0, people around him started to pass through the pedestrian, but he dozed off for a while which left him alone, with right around 15 seconds to cross the pedestrian. When he came around, he immediately crossed the street since he still had time. But unexpectedly, a car was not only overspeeding, but the car also didn't care about the stoplight at all. In surprise, of the car practically running over 80m/hr which is already in front of him, his thoughts stopped, as well as time around him. He was left with only a few thoughts

๐˜ˆ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ?

However, the car didn't stop nor slowed down, but it was obvious trying to slow down, even so, the carโ€ฆ tragicallyโ€ฆ crashed into him.

People who were around were worried and immediately gathered around him. A few men among the crowd gathered went to him and checked him. His heart was still beating and he's still breathing, all right. By some miracle, he was free from any major injuries. The driver from the car also exited his car and was guilty, so he asked the men to help him carry Awagami to his car.

After bringing him to his car, confirming life from him, the man immediately revved up his car and went straight for the hospital. The nearest hospital was luckily not so far away, but a distance of 3 km is still long, but the man tried to be as fast as possible and they arrived at the hospital in 4 minutes. Good thing there wasn't traffic at that time.ย 

He was immediately sent to be treated. The man then sat down in front of the room he's been sent to. The man was not his father nor his relative, but it was obvious that he wasn't the type of person to just go hit-and-run.

After a few minutes, the doctor came out of the room and spoke with the man.

"How is he?" the man asked

"Well, his life is not really in danger, but he lost an amount of blood and it would take time for him to recover. It's a miracle that your ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ didn't receive any major injuries."

"Thank god he's not severely injured, butโ€ฆ he'sโ€ฆ not my son, nor am I his relativeโ€ฆ." the man replied to the doctor, switching from a relieved face to a grimful one.

"Then?..." confused, the doctor asked.

"I'mโ€ฆ responsible for the accident. Will you please call his parents, he should have their number on his student ID, I would want to apologize to themโ€ฆ"

"I seeโ€ฆ will do." the doctor returned to the room, and immediately returned with an ID on his hand.

The doctor went straight down the hallway, and the man sat back down. After a few hours, 6 people came rushing, 3 girls and 2 boys, and 2 were obviously parents. The man figured it was his parents, alongside the 5 were the doctor, he immediately opened the door to the room and showed them their son. He's not particularly in danger, but he's still recovering the lost blood from his body.

The mother was slightly tearing up, but she immediately sighed a sound of relief along with "๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ดโ€ฆ" and held the hand of the boy.ย 

After a few minutes of looking at him, they exited the room and talked to the doctor for a bit. Then, the mother took a glance at the man and neared up to him. She raised a hand, but the man suddenly dropped down. His hands on the floor along with his forehead practically stuck to the ground.

"I'm really sorry!" he didn't raise his voice or anything, but he certainly apologized from the bottom of his heart. The mother felt that too, and immediately asked the man to raise his head, and was in shock at what she saw. The face she saw wasn't the face of someone drunk, or a madman who would just run over anyone he wants, but the face of a man who was filled with pain, grief, and the included guilt, his eyes were also about to tear up, but he didn't break and instead steeled himself.

"I... will take care of his hospital expensesโ€ฆ" the man ssid with a serious face and tone.

"But that'sโ€ฆ"

"It's fine, I'm responsible for it anyway. Along with thatโ€ฆ" the man handed a business card to the mother. The mother was left surprised to see that the name of the corporation was in fact one of the top in japan. "If this could, I would at least want to grant him anything I can, please ask him." as he said while slowly walking towards the front desk probably, and left the people shocked at what happened. The doctor as well followed behind him.

๐˜ˆ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ?... ๐˜‹๐˜ช๐˜ฅ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ? ๐˜ž๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ, ๐˜ข ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต?

๐˜‰๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑโ€”....๐˜‰๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑโ€”โ€ฆ.

๐˜ˆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ? ๐˜ ๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ, ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ, ๐˜ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฎ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜จ๐˜ด, ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ด ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅย 

As he heard the beeping, he came to realize that he's still alive, and slowly tried to open his eyes.

After a few hours, he slowly opened his eyes, as his sister sat on a chair next to him. Seeing to have woken up, she ran towards the door and exited, and returned a few seconds later with her mother.

"Yuu!" his mother exclaimed while rushing towards him, who had already sat up.

"Momโ€ฆ seeing you all hereโ€ฆ seems like I'm aliveโ€ฆ" he gave a wry smile at the people standing behind his mother.

"Geez, how reckless can you beโ€ฆ" said his sister in an irritated yet kind voice.

"How do you expect the un-athletic me to react to a car practically a meter away from me? But it sure is a miracle I don't have any broken bones."

It really was, to be hit by a car is not something minor that could only leave you with minor injuries. But almost bleeding to death is still something.

When he looked by the window, he saw that it was already dark. Right about now, it's past 6 pm.

He took a glance at his sister who was holding an apple, telling him ๐˜‹๐˜ฐ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ?, he then simply nodded yes. Then, his sister started peeling the apple by the table on his side, slicing it up and handing him the plate with beautifully peeled and sliced apples.

"Thank you."

His sister only replied with a smile and sat down next to their mother who was already sitting in front of Yuu.

After a few hours of looking after him, it was already past 8, and they had decided to go home. His father, brother and sister-in-law had gone home first since they had work, but his mother and sister stayed, even if they had one (although, his sister is an afternoon student, so she basically skipped class).

"Oh, and this." his mother handed him the business card the man gave him, written the name Shinichi Youta with the words ๐‚.๐„.๐Ž.under his name, and the corporate name Shichirin co.

"This isโ€ฆ?!" realizing the value of the name of the corporation alone, he was as shocked as his mother was earlier.ย 

"Yeah, he's also the same man who was responsible for this accident, he also paid for the expenses here, apparently, he added an "grant anything you want" card to it, so think of it, I guess?" his mother said as they slowly exited the room until complete silence was the only thing left.

๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด? ๐˜๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜บ, ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜บ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜บ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด.

After a few minutes, he dozed off and slept peacefully. After a full over 10 hours of sleep, he had woken up as well. When he looked to the side, it wasn't his mother nor his sister nor any of his relatives who was sitting beside him, it was one of his only friends, Kurokami Sora. Yuu stared blatantly at his overstyled hair and clicked his tongue.

"Tch. ๐˜’๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฐkami, huhโ€ฆ"

"Oi, oi, what are you saying to your dear friend here. If I wasn't here, you could've died from the chill you know? Entered this room with a cold breeze, only to find you not under your blanket."

"Ugh. It feels weird to think about how you put a blanket over me. In fact, I feel disgusted even imagining itโ€ฆ"

"Well, excuse me!" he exclaimed and turned his upper body around a bit to take a plate and muttered "Here, your breakfast."

"Ah, thank you. But it would've been better if you didn't give me it though. It just feels more disgusting. Do I need to remind you I'm straight?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you sayโ€ฆ" Sora said as he pushed the bed table to Yuu and placed the plate. "Well then, I called her to come over since your mom said to take care of you on their behalf, and I have club activities, she should be here in a bit." Sora waved the back of his hand as he exited the room only to leave Yuu confused with the face saying "๐˜Œ๐˜ฉ? ๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ? ๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ขโ€”" Yuu didn't particularly tried to think who this "her" is, in fact, he was sure who it was. What he's unsure of is how she even accepted. But one more thing he was sure of was that he saw his friend leave with a devilish grin on his face.

13