Chapter 40 : Under the Kotatsu (Day 2 of the Christmas-New Year Expedition!)
74 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Uwaahhh— Aoi yawned as she slept beside Hina, not Yuu for today.

"Good morning, Hina."

"Nnn… 5 more minutes.”

Aoi scoffed at the sight of the cute Hina, begging for more sleep.

That's how the two currently are, and for the other three, they slept together as well. Which sounded pretty weird, so let's change it to, they slept in the same room.

After all, if they didn't they'd basically be just throwing Takeshi away. So with this, girls and boys separated, no one gets left alone. 

"Haa—" Yuu sat up and stretched, and rubbed his eyes as he looked at the window, hidden by the curtain where light is already slightly peeking through.

"Hey, wake up already." Yuu threw a pillow at both Sora and Takeshi's faces, forcing them to wake up.

"What the— can you at least wake us up a little kinder?!" Sora was the one who said so.

Takeshi on the other hand seemed like he expected this as he stood up, rubbing his eyes as well.

"Well, you should at least expect something like this when you're sleeping with the boys."

"Well, that's pretty much right."

"Whatever, you two can take your time there if you want, I'm gonna start preparing Aoi and breakfast." Yuu said as he left the two, and Takeshi, shocked.

"Aoi?"

"Hmm? Ah, right, you still haven't encountered it, have you? Well then, it's better to witness it directly, so let's go!" Sora pulled Takeshi off of the bed.

Yuu said he'd start breakfast, but he also said he'd prepare Aoi. So instead of going down immediately, he went to the room next door and knocked.

"You guys awake?"

"Ah? Yuu? Yes, we are, wait a second~" it was Aoi who replied to him, but… "awake" doesn't seem to be the case, as Yuu thought, from the sounds he heard afterwards.

"Hey, Hina. Wake up~ wakey-wakey!" 

It was subtly silent, yet Yuu can still slightly hear it, which gave him a gist of what's happening inside.

"Haa—" the door opened. "She won't wake up…"

"Haha— just leave her be, or just ask Sora to wake her up or something."

"Alright."

The two went downstairs, and as Yuu had said, he'd start preparing Aoi. So they went to the bathroom as they started brushing their teeths.

And yes, the two, Sora and Takeshi, were already there, watching them from the living room.

This was the first time Takeshi witnessed this. But Sora immediately clarified something immediately. That this isn't them acting lovey-dovey in front of Takeshi, but them acting naturally.

As he usually does, Yuu finished brushing first as she combed Aoi's hair, handed her the mug and wiped her face. Usually, Aoi would ask for her so-called "Yuu-Energy" by letting him kiss her as how she wants it, but with Takeshi and the rule of the two couples not doing too much lovey-dovey stuff, she tried suppressing it.

"How much… had he spoiled her…?"

"Haha— first thing you thought of too, eh?" it was also the first thing Sora, and the sleeping girl upstairs Hina thought as well. "We still don't know the details into this kind of relationship of theirs, but I'm sure that Yuu isn't the only one on the spoiling side."

"Is that so?"

"Oh, you two are already up? It'll be better if you didn't wake up though."

"Wha—?!"

"And Sora, go wake Hins up, Aoi can't wake her up so… it's up to you."

"Eh…. Alright…."

Sora slumped as he still continued upstairs. Not because he doesn't like the idea of waking her up, but probably because waking his cute, sleeping girlfriend up will be too much for him to handle.

"Oh, and Takeshi, can you help me?"

"Hmm? On what?"

"Setting up the kotatsu, but first… here, Aoi-sama."

"Stop it with the -sama… thank you…."

After lending her a drink, the two, Takeshi and Yuu, started preparing the kotatsu. Of course, they had one, provided by their parents, at least.

"Kotatsu, huh? Then you're planning…?" Takeshi asked Yuu as he helped him set the kotatsu up.

"Yeah, a hot pot. Surely it's fine?" 

"Mm… of course!"

After exchanging their words, the two continued to set up the kotatsu, right in front of their sofa in the living room. So as they were setting it up, Aoi was just sitting there, sipping on her drink, cutely watching them.

"So warm…." the three entered the kotatsu first, and Aoi immediately slumped into it, resting her full body on the kotatsu, specifically on the table.

"Then, I'll start cooking now."

"Nnn… I'll borrow some books…."

As per his words, Yuu left after rubbing Aoi's hair, who had seemed to have fully immersed on the kotatsu. On the other hand, Takeshi is just there, sitting, with his legs inside the kotatsu as well of course, reading a book.

Luckily for them, the kotatsu was large in itself, so it'd surely fit all of them easily.

And so, a few minutes later, the two, Sora and Hina, holding her hand tightly, went down, which took quite a while….

"It's done, can someone lend me a hand?" Yuu exclaimed from the kitchen.

And from the living room, Takeshi observed the other three, but immediately knew that they wouldn't be able to. First, Aoi was pretty much absorbed by the kotatsu. Second, the two, Sora and Hina, were in the bathroom, with quite a lot of noise. Sora is probably having a hard time fully waking her up.

"I'm coming…" so with so little choice, Takeshi stood up, freeing himself from the comfortable, warm kotatsu, and went straight to the kitchen to help Yuu.

"Thank you… can you carry that?" Yuu pointed on the portable stove.

"Sure. Nothing else?"

"Yeah, that thing's pretty heavy, so let's just return here later."

"Alright."

The two went ahead, Takeshi carrying the portable stove, with Yuu carrying the hot pot. And Takeshi immediately placed the portable stove in the table, as Yuu immediately placed the pot on top of it.

"Then, can you help me again?"

"Mmm…"

The two returned to the kitchen and took the remaining stuff. Specifically the utensils.

"""""Thanks for the food!"""""" 

The 5 clapped their hands in unison and thanked their scrumptious meal together.

"D-Delicious!" 

"Is that so? Thank you."

"Yeah, as always, this is delicious, Yuu!"

This was pretty much Takeshi's first time eating Yuu's food, so his reaction was the expected. But the other two enjoyed it fully. More specifically on Hina, she was brimming with life, just like she always does when she eats Yuu's food.

"Haa— that was the best!" Hina exclaimed, rubbing her stomach for eating so much.

"Yeah, it was." Takeshi agreed on the fact as well.

"Well then, I'll start washing the dishes." 

Yuu went ahead and carried their utensils into the sink. And a few seconds later, Takeshi followed with the remaining ones.

"Takeshi? You didn't have to…." 

"No, I'd like to help, besides…" Takeshi's face slowly brightened up into a warm smile as he stood next to Yuu, helping him with the plates, and continued his words as the water ran, silencing his words that only the two of them could hear. "This is… pretty fun… after all, this is also my first…… first time spending Christmas with friends…."

Yuu smiled with relief from the words he heard, "... Is that so?"

The two continued washing the plates, as the three on the kotatsu enjoyed their own time.

"Seriously? Immediately?!"

The moment the two, Takeshi and Yuu returned to the kotatsu, they saw one single person there, who had fully succumbed to the charms of the kotatsu. There is only one person there so vulnerable to things like that. In short, Aoi was already sleeping, with her lower half under the kotatsu's blanket, and her head resting on the table.

"Well… can't resist the kotatsu's charms, I guess?"

"Haa— although…" Yuu sat down as well, which Takeshi did as well. "...seeing her sleep makes me sleepy too…."

"Well, we pretty much have nothing else to do today, following Takeshi's plan at least." Sora said

"That's right. So for now, let's succumb to the kotatsu's charms as well!" Hina exclaimed as energetically as she always were.

And so, the other four had also succumbed to the kotatsu's charms, and fell asleep. One thing that they don't know is that their legs are all in a dangerous shape of… interlocking…. Although, luckily for them, they didn't experience the such.

0