Chapter 1 – Awakening
56 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1If you like my work leave a follow, comment or rating. Enjoy your reading!

Ageroth

Kingdom of Azrael

Eastern border

In a dark hall filled with silver and gold in the middle stood a richly decorated sarcophagus, the carvings on it depicted hooded figures. around it stood four torches powered by magic that never went out. Suddenly the coffin began to open.

Alex woke up and involuntarily checked his body, touching himself he felt no skin but only something hard. He started to look around and despite appearances, he could see even though he was sure it was dark. He saw that he was lying locked in a square box. "What the hell, have I risen?" - he thought while laughing under his breath. He grabbed the lid on his head and pushed it up, but it didn't even move, so he decided maybe to push it to the side.

Suddenly the lid opened and he saw a ceiling of gold, his first thought was: "They probably discovered my achievements in games and buried me in a tomb for gold haha" - he laughed like crazy. Suddenly, he heard a sound.

[Open System]

[Birth of the Undead]

Alex didn't know how to react at first, but he remembered all the anime he watched and thought in his head "status" and a window appeared in front of his eyes.

<status>.

Name: Hades

Race: Undead

Class: Necromancer

Level: 1/100 (0%)

| HP(30/30) | | MP(20/20) | STR 10 | | AGI 7 | | INT 23 | | VIT 8 | | DEX 5 |

System Skills:

[Detect Threat] - a passive skill that warns of sudden danger and assesses visible threat.

[Create Undead] - creates an undead of any class with a configurable cost per class (gold)

Class Skills:

[Rise Undead] - Creates an undead from flesh while retaining some of its abilities.

[Necromancer's Ball] - Fires balls of necromancer energy if it hits a living target it absorbs its life and sends us healing.

Passive:

[Undead Control(0/10)] - the ability to control, send a mental message, and determine the amount of undead controlled. Possibility of development with level.

[Undead body] - not feeling special emotions to living organisms, no need to sleep or eat, not feeling fatigued, infinite endurance, no physical pain, immortality, immunity to poisons, immunity to necromancy magic.

He looked at the status and the first thing that surprised him was his name: "My name is the same as in the games I played" - He thought satisfied then looked at the race: " What? I'm undead haha what a twist of fate after all I've already died so I guess it's only fair " he laughed. He read all the information carefully and it didn't cause him much of a problem since he was a professional player.

When he finished delving into the status he suddenly heard the same voice...:

[Goal - Conquer 80% of the world, the reward will be given upon completion].

At first, he was shocked, but he thought that all in all with an army of undead it shouldn't be that hard. Of course, at the time he didn't even realize how wrong he was. He decided not to think about it for now and look around first.

All the walls were lined with gold, and there was a pile of gold coins in the distance of the hall, then an idea immediately came to his mind. "I can create an undead through the system, hopefully, this much gold should be enough" - He thought and immediately ran over to the pile of gold trying to use the skill. Then a voice appeared in his head:

[You don't have gold in your inventory].

He thought for a moment and then put all the gold touching it and thought about what he wanted to do. So he decided to test the system of putting things in and taking things out of the inventory. He stretched out his hand but this time he only thought of one coin and the next moment only one coin appeared in his hand. "Pretty cool system" - He said excitedly. He then thought "[Create an undead]" and several options appeared in front of his eyes:

[Mage] [Swordsman] [Knight] [Axeman] [Archer] [Spy] [Scout] [Assassin].

He chose [Knight] and heard a voice: "[Think about personal skills and loyalty when creating an undead]". "I think I could use a bodyguard and total loyalty," he thought as suddenly a well-built figure fully armed with massive steel armor and a long sword began to form from the darkness before him. He had a human form, a hard-looking face, black long hair, and red eyes. He knelt suddenly turned his head upwards.

- I greet you, my Lord - he greeted him then looked at Alex - I was created to protect you my Lord, please accept my sword and my life.

Alex was surprised that the undead could speak and that it had the form of a human. "Did I imagine him that way or maybe because I didn't imagine the appearance appeared random," he wondered. He was also captivated by the devotion of his servant he was overjoyed. He decided that he could not fool himself and must be a worthy Master.

- All right I accept your vows from now on you will follow me everywhere and protect me as my bodyguard - he answered and asked - Now tell me your name?

- I don't have a name my Lord - he answered bowing his head.

Alex thought about it and came up with an idea. "Alright I will call you Lucifer," he said and suddenly in his head, he heard the voice again. "Lucifer has been added to your servants" then he thought "Status lucifer" and information appeared before his eyes.

<status Lucifer>.

Servant of Hades - loyalty eternal

Name: Lucifer

Race: Undead

Class: Knight

Level: 1/100 (0%)

| HP(50/50) | MP(10/10) | STR 15 | | AGI 10 | | INT 7 | | VIT 13 | | DEX 8 |

System Skills:

[Shield ] - creates a large shield that deflects most physical and magical attacks while in effect.

Class Skills:

[Vanguard ] - Summons enemies making them take you as a target, pets resistances, and life amount.

[Sword Slashing] - Slashes with a sword that bypasses opponents' defenses.

Passive:

[Knight's Armor] - Increases resistance to physical and magical attacks. Depends on levels.

[Undead body] - Feeling no special emotions to living organisms, no need for sleep or food, feeling no fatigue, infinite endurance, no physical pain, immortality, immunity to poisons, immunity to necromancy magic.

"Eternal loyalty? I guess I never have to worry about him betraying me how wonderful is that?" - he thought. "System skills I think are chosen because of the function I gave it during creation I guess, at least it sounds pretty logical "he stated looking at Lucifer.

"Alright though follow me, we need to explore this tomb and find out where we are" - said Alex walking first. "Of course my Lord Hades, but let this servant go first" - he asked. " Alright" he replied smiling seeing the concern of his subject.

They walked through the huge corridor until they finally came to a huge door that was twice their size. It was decorated with precious stones and on both sides stood the statues of dogs with three heads. When he saw that their eyes were moving he jumped up, but then he thought that if this was his tomb he should have access to this room. When Lucifer opened the door, a library the size of a soccer field appeared. Books were stacked on ten-foot-high bookcases and took up all the free space. Alex walked up to the reception desk on which stood a ball that looked like magic, he put his hand on it and thought about the history of the continent and maps. A moment later a book flew out of the bookcase and flew right into Alex's hand. "What an amazing object"- Alex was delighted, his sea was to live in a magical world one day and now he only realized that his biggest dream had come true. He picked up the book and began to read.

While reading he found out that ten races are dominating the world: Humans, Vampires, Werewolves, Dragons, Dwarves, Elves, Dryads, Fairies, Orcs, and Goblins. So far no other continents have been discovered, but this content itself is so large that it is impossible to explore it completely. There are wars between the kingdoms all the time, and this is not due to any great hatred between the races, but more to the desire for profit. The races are not united and there are countless kingdoms within each race. For example, in the human kingdom, there are over a thousand major kingdoms and five great empires that each fight for dominance among the human population. He also learned that every living person gets a class at birth and has a chance to gain a sub-class by doing certain activities.

After Alex learned more about the world, he finally realized how hard it would be to conquer the world. Not to mention that every person in this world has a system and can advance by improving their skills. So he decided to learn more about the classes and races in this world and managed to find out that everyone is born with the lowest level no matter who their parents were. Class is most often inherited from parents but not always. He learned that there are also classes such as [Peasant], [Laborer], and [Merchant], and they are more popular than the combat-oriented classes.

After two days and nights, he read many books and managed to learn how this world works. So he put down the books and went out with Lucifer to further investigate what is in this tomb and to find a way out.

1