Chapter 2: Building New Home!
273 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: It might take a while before I release the 3rd chapter, I just had my first Covid vaccine, the side effect is already affecting me so that's why, but I'm working on it now, perhaps tomorrow or the next day ill release the chapter 3, anyway, thank you for your support and enjoy this new chapter!

March 7, 2030, New Arc.

After the counter with strange green creatures which were later classified as 'goblins' and several other hostile species that attacked the advance survey teams, more military personnel were sent on the ground, this time with military vehicles such as APCs, IFVs, Light Tanks, and Air Support.

A temporary port is being built, the military base expanded to accommodate more personnel, houses made out of wood is being built around the base as well for the civilians, the Governor goes out of his ship to observe the area, several engineers, architects, and other professionals are with him during the observation, it seems they are about to make a plan for a city to be built in this place.

The land was also named the New Arc, most of the resources needed to build the city are pretty much present in the area, it will probably take several months for the city to be partially completed, for now, the colony is focusing on clearing operations and search for civilization.

===

Governor Edward together with various officials from both army and government officials gathered at the headquarters of the base, which is a structure that was recently made using wood, it a was fairly large structure.

"Let's begin the meeting then," Edward said, "First, the progress of our construction here, William?" Edward called for William Cóng, the head of the Infrastructure Department, a newly appointed one.

"Yes, Mr.Governor, the ongoing construction is doing good so far, this place is very abundant in wood, the mountain ranges also has raw materials, our mining teams are already conducting mining in the area, meanwhile the port will take a while before being completed, we have not made cement yet and steel bars, we prioritize building the industrial sector where factories will be made, this is to answer our lack in modern equipment, materials specifically steel, etc, so far there's no other problem except for road and lack of heavy equipment and construction vehicles."

"Thank you for your report, William. Next is our food problem, Mr.Fraücher?" Edward called out next was Merkel Fraücher of the Agriculture Department.

"Ah yes. Governor, to the east, we found a fertile plain just nearby a large river, it's perfect for cultivation if we successfully turned into farmlands it will the breadbasket of our colony, if possible, I want to use those land there."

Edward nodded and replied, "Granted, I will station a battalion-size of the military to ensure the safety of our farmers once you begin to work on it."

"Thank you Mr.Governor, we will work on this and not disappoint you."

"Alright, the last one is about the military, so General Alexander, what's your situation?" Edward asked General Marcus Alexander, head of the Defense Force Pacific Colony.

"Mr.Governor our military assets are stable, thanks to you for disagreeing to throw out our assets since we are almost out of oil and there's no use for them — except now, however, there is still a major problem within both logistics and weaponry, we can't produce weapons, build parts for our assets and oil which makes maintenance very troublesome."

Edward understood the report, that's why the major priority of the construction is the industrial sector, energy facilities, and the farmlands, medicine is also a problem.

"If I'm correct the industry sector should be finished within four months or so, by that time we will have electricity and facilities to make necessities for both government, militarily and civilian, for now, let's stick to what we have, save our current non-renewable stockpiles, after that, we will have a breathing space," Edward stated.

"And before I adjourn this meeting, I would like to ask the results of air recon we conducted, did our recon see any civilization? Or any kind of settlements?" Edward asked.

General Alexander answered back, "The scout plane we sent was only able to travel 300km, with the restriction of usage of fuel, we discovered that this land is probably part of a much larger landmass, we assume that this is a continent, our recon also saw a mountain range stretched from east to west and it's around 1.5 times taller than Mount Everest, there are valleys that leads into the other side of the mountain range, we except that there must be some kind of settlement in that place since the recon saw dirt roads."

"I understand, I think it's best to not interact with the natives here, for now, we must focus on our objective first, if there's nothing to report or questions, this meeting is now adjourned."

The officials then began to leave the meeting room one by one, Edward got out as well, it's already nighttime outside, he looked into the sky and saw unfamiliar constellations and there are two moons, at first they thought that they are still on earth, but after observing their surroundings they have concluded that this place is no earth, they easily accepted the reality since no one wants to spend the rest of their lives in ships.

"I wonder what kind of people we will encounter in this world..." Edward mumbled to himself.

===

In A Certain Village.

The galloping horses can be seen in the distance, the man tasked in the watchtower of the village saw a group of horses with who seem to be knights riding on them, he was alarmed, when he was about to ring the bell in the watchtower, he was stopped as an arrow struck his head which left him dead.

Eventually, the cavalry of knights reached the village, a man who wore silver armor began to order his men, "Burn this village to the ground! Kill any human you see and catch the women that we will use later!"

The knights let out grins on their faces as they charge towards the confused humans, one knight charge at a human holding a rake and struck him with his lance, the human cough blood and died, the village began to panic as the knights slaughter them, the knights burned the houses and captured women, some knights raped the women and killed children on the spot, without any choice given to them, a group of humans runs their way towards the forest.

A man wearing white robes then began to chant unknown language, and magic circled formed on his hands as he shouts "[Fireball!]", a ball of fire then manifested and unleashed it on the escaping group of humans, the spell hit the humans, " AAAARRRRGHHHH!!!" The humans screamed in pain and agony as their bodies burn from the spell to crisp.

"Filthy humans." The mage mumbled.

===

It was another successful raid conducted by the 4th Cavalry Battalion, Knight-Captain Lance Greenwood was the captain of the group, he was tasked of exterminating humans near the territory of the Yggdra Empire, he found it boring but he can't let filthy creatures lurk near the empire that he served.

The Yggdra Empire is an empire where his race, elves, lives, they are one of the elven nations that dominate the continent of Grandus, this is his last raid on human settlement in this area since most of them are cleared, he was now called back to the capital to report and re-assign to the north where they have border disputes with the Azure Kingdom, one out of three human kingdoms, it has a considerable amount of power but the empire can crush them easily with them being more advance, however, the human kingdoms banded together and formed an alliance to strengthen their defenses which forced the empire to abandon it's plan to invade Azure.

Captain Lance sigh, "Those inferiors, well no matter, it's just a matter of time before their destruction." Captain Lance currently enjoying his tea, although the scene of the burnt village was unpleasant, he then grabbed a dagger on the table, he aimed it at a 6-year-old child stood behind a tree with his hands spread, he then threw the dagger which struck the child on his head, the child drops dead on the cold soil.

"Headshot!" Captain Lance boast, he then finished his tea to prepare to depart for the capital.

=== 

Maxim City, Azure Kingdom.

It's another busy day for the capital city of the Azure Kingdom, despite the threat of the Yggdra Empire, the people ignore the threat knocking on their doors and continue their daily lives, the port city of Maxim is the center of the kingdom, it is known as the merchant hun of the east where various merchants from other continents trade their products here which makes this place as a strategic position for trade.

The city was wealthy, despite that, beggars and criminals still dominate the streets and slums, it is your typical medieval city, with the walls protecting the populace from monsters outside the city.

The castle in the middle of the city is where the royal family resides, King Bonté Far Ramus is the king of Azure, in the castle throne hall, he called his military officials and lords for a meeting regarding the threat of the Yggdra Empire.

"I have personally sent some of my knights in the Liendel Territory, they saw a concentration of soldiers near our borders with the empire, they already have built barracks in the area, Baron Liendel, why I have not heard of this occurrence?"

Sweat started to form on the forehead of Baron Liendel, "M–my king! I have already requested to scout that area by hiring adventurers, how–however, their reports are always— alwa—"

"Preposterous! Are you suggesting that the Adventurer's Guild give you a wrong report!? And why did send adventurers instead of your men!? I'm disappointed in you Baron Liendel, guards! Arrest this traitor him in the dungeon!"

"No! Forgive me, your majesty! The empire— Ahhhh!" The guards then grabbed Baron Liendel outside the throne hall.

Silence befalls in the throne hall, King Ramus clenched his fists, "How could we fight the empire if the lords themselves already turned their backs! Are you going to allow those damned elves to enslave our people!? Rape women, use our children for entertainment, and make men their worker dogs!?"

King Ramus then glanced at his military general, General Almond Verb, "Almond, what do you think of the situation?"

"I'm afraid your majesty, with these movements of the empire, an invasion is imminent, our allies are having their problems with the recent monster invasion." General Almond said.

"Do you think the empire has something to do with the monster invasion?" King Ramus asked.

"Yes, I think it's a strategy to cause unrest, blocking trade routes and stretching our forces by using monsters without the public knowing it was their doing, whatever they are plotting, it's already affecting us, greatly."

King Ramus sigh, his problems are just kept on piling, he does not have any room to breathe.

"As of today, Baron Liendel's titles are lifted, I will temporarily send my son, Endo, to manage Liendel, next week, I will be departing to meet our allies, our meeting concludes here." With that said, the lords and officials began to exit the throne hall, King Ramus was left alone thinking for solutions to make sure his kingdom that his ancestors build for hundreds of years to not fall.

***

9