Chapter 4: Diplomacy
205 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: Before we proceed with the story, I will just give you guys some information about United Pacific's military capability, that's all for now, keep on supporting my series!

===

Before the United Pacific was formed, it was just a large fleet of a mixture of both marine, merchant, and naval fleet, more than 10,000 merchant fleet was turned into civilian use, with a population of 1.3 million, it was very dense in each ship, other than the merchant fleet, the colony has its defense force, mainly the navy, five aircraft carriers, two Gerald Ford-class and three Nimitz-class and it's strike group made of hundreds of different ships both destroyers such as Arleigh Burke-class, Cruisers like the Ticonderoga-class and some Russian Kirov-class battlecruiser, Virginia and Los Angeles-class submarines with some Japanese and Russian classes as well, Helicopter carriers from Japan and frigates which makes the most number of the Defense Force, with total personnel of 500,000, both naval, air and ground forces.

===

The year 1670, 8th Day, 4th Month.

Franc City, Frankish Empire.

The great sun starts to rise, illuminating the capital with its golden ray, the populace began to leave their bed to eat breakfast, shopkeepers flips the open sign of their perspective stores and align their products, cleaning the front of their stores, each man and women greet their neighbors a good morning.

Considered as the gem of the empire, Franc City is the most wealthy city in the empire and the largest in the continent of Magna, its Gothic architecture makes it one of the most beautiful cities, the Château Forteresse where the emperor lies is located just next to the beach hill of the city, although vulnerable to naval bombardments, it's three-layer walls, coastal cannons, wyverns, mages, and royal knights equipped with the latest weaponry are prepared to neutralize those who threaten the emperor, a 100 strong ship-of-the-line are stationed in the capital as well in case of a naval attack, living up to its name as the Fortress Castle.

Inside the castle, a man wearing a blue military uniform with various medals, a bicorne hat, and a saber on his waist, he is Emperor Louis Napoli di Franc, the ruling monarch of the Frankish Empire, in the meeting room of the castle, a round table where his subordinates, vassals, military and government officials are gathered for an important meeting.

His Prime Minister, Duke Vincent Laurent is the first to speak, "Your Majesty, the vassalization of two small kingdoms, the Kingdom of Lorence and Kingdom of Pol was a success, as the agreement states, we will be sending 10,000 soldiers and government officials in the two kingdoms, with this, we have now occupied small kingdoms and ending our campaign of southern conquest."

Emperor clapped his hands and smiled in the delight at their success, the five past conquest was successful without shedding a single soul, it ended by signing an agreement in which they promise their future subjects life improvements, wealth, and protection against any harm, one of the trump card that leads him to this success was the abortion of slavery, slaves make up to 60% of the manpower in many countries, by promising them freedom, occupation, and education, he used them to spark a rebellion with their help, was a massive success that further increase the territory and power of the empire.

"Excellent, excluding the other major powers in Magna, we have now subjugated the smaller kingdoms, now finally focus our attention on our next phase." Emperor Louis then glanced to a man wearing a green military uniform, he is General Mendel Blachet of the Imperial Western Command which is tasked with withholding the threat of demons in the west.

"Your majesty, the concentration of demons in the west bordering the demon realm is very worrying, based on the reports the scout we sent, they saw thousands of orcs, trolls, and ogres just a week away from the border..." General Mendel paused before continuing the report, "... The scouts also saw an Orc, Troll, and Ogre king, furthermore sightings of other A-class monsters were seen such as the Cerberus and... An S-class Undead Dragon..."

Gasps and shock struck each military, government official, and the lords in the room, some were skeptical with the scout report, however, the scouts underwent inspection of the Imperial Mages to assure them that they are not in the effect of an evil spell.

Everyone present in the room can be seen sweating bullets, a demon invasion is no joke, the last invasion occurred 15 years ago when the continent was in a state of war, no one paid heed of a possible demon invasion at that time and just continue their hunger for conquest, due to their military at weaken state or wiped due to war, when the demon invasion begun, many kingdoms collapsed with them no means of defense without a proper army, a total of 12 kingdoms collapsed, the empire barely survived with a massive casualty on their side, slaves, commoners, and nobles joint arms to fight off the invasion, a total of 6 million died both military and civilian in the continent, it was the bloodiest invasion ever recorded and was named the infamous Demonic Invasion.

After the invasion, waging war with a kingdom was put into extreme consideration, learning a lesson of the demonic invasion, only small conflicts occurred in the continent since then, fearing of another demon invasion, every country conserve their military out of fear from a demon invasion.

Emperor Louis raised his hands, attracting the attention of the present individuals, "Settle down your worries, gentlemen, since the last invasion, we have mustered a 200,000 strong army, a 600 strong navy with 200 being the latest ship-of-the-line, and a 500 strong wyvern units with the help of the newly formed 1st Imperial Mage Brigade, unlike before, we are much prepared in all aspects, with a concrete battle plan and reserves in case of more invasion, we should not falter! We are the ones who lead this nation, we are leaders and we must be an example of one!"

With them being courageous by the emperor, their fear and doubts slowly dissipated, instead, their morale became higher, "His majesty is right, our fathers and grandfathers at that time was not prepared and caught off guard by the demons, but now, we have the most fearsome military force in Magna, the defeat of the demons is imminent and we will vanquish evil!" The room began to cheer, boasting the might of the empire.

After some minutes the meeting was concluded, the emperor sent an additional 50,000 men in the western command accumulating 80,000 strong men with four battalions from the Imperial Mage Brigade.

Emperor Louis after the meeting, return to his quarters to rest after he entered the room, he began to observe his surroundings, looking for possible intruders, after he made sure no one was present, he approach a desk with a chair and sat on it, he pulled a small chest and unlocked it, he pulled its content and flipping the dust out of it, revealing a tricolor flag featuring three vertical bands colored blue, white and red, his memories is still haunting him, his failure campaign of his conquest leading to his last and final defeat in Waterloo before getting exiled to a small island of St.Helena where he died in grief, he was a great general, known for his excellent European campaign.

While busy remembering his last life, a knock on the door startled him, and quickly put back the flag in the small chest, after doing so, he ordered the one who knocked to enter.

"Forgive me for my sudden intrusion, your majesty, a single galleon ship patrolling the sea near the capital saw six unknown steel ships! All of them are abnormally large towering even our largest ship-of-the-line, Captain Ariel of the ship meets the individual in charge of the unknown ships and said they are diplomats sent by the country named the United Pacific!"

===

April 8, 2030, Franc Sea.

After a week of preparations, with the directives of the president and approval of civilian representatives, a diplomatic is to be sent to the south to form a diplomatic relationship with the natives, the diplomatic team is escorted by the 1st Naval Group, one Nimitz-class aircraft carrier, two Arleigh Burke-class destroyers, one Kirov-class destroyer, and two frigates.

Michael Smith was appointed as the head of the diplomatic mission, his objective is to form a relationship between the United Pacific and the natives of this world, as well as trade, and information gathering, he brought with him are products from UP to serve as gifts to whoever rules the country they embark for.

Inside the bridge of UPS New York aircraft carrier, he uses binoculars to observe the sea ahead, he then saw silhouettes of land, "It seems we're close now, Rear Admiral."

Rear Admiral Ken Johnson, the commander of 1st Naval Group replied, "Indeed, just several kilometers and we'll reach the port, but it seems someone noticed us." Rear Admiral Ken pointed at an alone wooden ship approaching their location.

"Captain, an unknown ship is approaching us, it has a flag and seems to be a patrol based on their clothing." One of the crew reported.

"Hold your positions, let them come to us, be on high alert in case of hostility." Rear Admiral Ken ordered.

After using some sign language, the wooden, rather, a galleon ship finally reached the escort fleet, the ship was overshadowed by the rest of the fleet, the sailors aboard the galleon were stunned and speechless by the mere size of the ship in front of them, the elevator on the deck then descend with four marines to escort whoever is in charge of the galleon to be transported on deck.

The sailors then began to aim their weapons, muskets to be precise onto the marine personnel, in exchange, the marine pointed their M27 Automatic Rifle, everyone was tense with the heating situation, a man wearing a blue jacket, dark tricorne with golden lining, ordered his men to lower their weapons, the marines lower their guard as well, the man approach the squad and communicated, however, as expected, the language they use was unknown to them, by using signs and gestures, they manage to tell the man to aboard the aircraft carrier, with four more men with him, they proceed to the carrier.

On the deck, Michael composed himself, seeing the man, or captain of the ship just arrived, he can already tell that the man was bewildered by the scene of the fleet, not wasting anymore time, they finally faced each other.

"Bonjour à vous, monsieur, je suis le capitaine Rondel Dracht du navire Mer Bleue, vous et votre petite flotte entrez dans les eaux territoriales de l'Empire franc, pourriez-vous s'il vous plaît indiquer votre activité dans notre pays?" ( Good morning to you kind sir, I'm Captain Rondel Dracht of the ship Mer Bleue, you and your small ship is entering the territorial waters of the Frankish Empire, if you could please state your business in our country? )

Diplomat Michael was agape by the man stated, before the flooding crisis begun, he studied for two years in a university in Paris, and in front of him, was a man speaking the French language.

Michael was stunned for a second and again, composed himself and replied, "Ravi de vous rencontrer Capitaine Rondel, je suis le diplomate Michael Smith envoyé par notre gouvernement du Pacifique uni, notre objectif est de nouer une relation diplomatique avec votre humble pays, si vous pouviez nous permettre d'être plus près de votre port et d'envoyer notre équipe diplomatique y compris moi-même et nos gardes utilisant un bateau beaucoup plus petit." (Nice to meet you Captain Rondel, I am Diplomat Michael Smith sent by our government of United Pacific, our objective is to form a diplomatic relationship with your humble country, if you could please allow us to be closer to your port and send our diplomatic team including myself and our guards using a much smaller boat.)

A/N: I will be just using English this time so the text won't be too long.

Captain Rondel nods, "I understand, however, I must ask permission from my superior first, I must return to my ship to communicate with them, is that fine Sir Michael?"

"Of course Captain, please take your time and we will wait for your superior's respond." Captain Rondel then returned to his ship to report his sightings, it took more than 30 minutes for his superior to allow the escort group to get closer to their capital and send the diplomats.

The escort group sailed towards the capital, Diplomat Michael was able to get some information from Captain Rondel regarding their country, the name of their country is the Frankish Empire, and their destination is the Franc City, their capital, unlike the scouting report, the total population of the city was actually 650,000, perhaps the scouting fighter was not able to have a better look on the city.

An hour later, the group reach the capital, due to the size of the escort ships, they were not able to dock and just anchored several hundred meters away from the port, Michael and the rest of his team used speedboats and arrived in the port, after disembarking the speedboats, they are greeted by a woman wearing a white dress with her gray hair and green eyes, a tiara on her head piqued the attention of Michael, he slightly bowed and introduced himself.

"I'm Diplomat Michael Smith from The United Pacific in the north, behind me are my team and security personnel." The team then introduced themselves.

The woman smiled and replied, "Nice to meet you, Sir Michael, I'm Queen Helena Bram di Franc, I have already heard the details from Captain Rondel, would you like to discuss further details in the castle? Since our presence is attracting too much attention." Queen Helena pointed on a forming crowd in the port.

"Oh. Then please guide us, your highness." And with that, the diplomatic team proceed to the castle, hoping to get something valuable for the future of the United Pacific.

7