Chapter 19: Sayuri’s Grace
253 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One day passed since the awkward encounter with the student council president.

I probably should try to find Sayuri before something bad happens.

After a brief search on Preseqta, I found her phone number.

I guess I'll do something then. I dial her number into my phone and attempt to call her.

The phone rings, and rings, and rings eventually her voicemail plays.

It seems she didn't answer.

Oh well. I guess I'll find a way.

Her last name was the name of the orphanage, Tachibana, the place where I lived for almost my entire life. A vivid and unequivocal reminder of my troubled, yet indifferent childhood.

How nostalgic.

I packed my bag and left the dorm building. 

I slowly made my way towards the classrooms. It was a fair day, not too hot, not too cold. As I was walking towards the classroom building, I noticed a little gathering of people from class A. In the midst, Maia, Caleb and several other class A students were having a pretty heated discussion.

"You're in a bit of strife now, aren't you, Caleb?" It was a somewhat tall but skinny boy. He was standing beside Maia alongside two other people. 

"As if I would be worried about my position." The confident student body leader spoke with no weakness in his voice.

"You know, you're quite confident despite not having the feats to back it up." The boy retorted.

Caleb seemed puzzled yet subtly alert from the statement

"You act like I didn't get the highest score on the exam out of all the first-years," Caleb responded.

"Hey, hey, you know better than anyone that..." 

The boy moved closer to Caleb and whispered something into his ear.

Suddenly, Caleb froze in place, the other boy walked away with Maia and some of the other students. The rest all watched in awe as Caleb could do nothing except standing there.

I decided to move away as well at this point.

Little schisms like this were commonplace at this school, especially amongst the higher ranks, these were students with dark secrets and an equally great ego. I did nothing aside from watching them here and there, never giving any input.

What was the point anyways? 

Aren't we all just travelling down the same path? 

 

**

Monologue of a Certain Student Council President

 

I was jealous.

I was supposed to be the one that everyone looked at. Despite how talented I was, despite how gifted I was, ever since that boy came to Tachibana House, no one looked at me anymore.

I had lived a fulfilling life, despite not having a lot of freedom at Tachibana House, I was happy. I was always the best. I was always the star of the show.

That boy, I despised him. He stole my spotlight. He was the one everyone looked at.

Why?

I wanted to kill him but violence wasn't an option, so I decided that I would destroy his spirit, his soul, to a point that he would never recover.

But still.

Despite me going so far to break this boy.

He never broke.

I looked for any weakness I could possibly find, something I could exploit, someone I could use against him. But the deeper I looked, the more hopeless it seemed.

This boy's heart was empty.

I couldn't break him, no matter what I did.

Because there was nothing to break.

This only made me hate the boy even more.

Hey... Oliver... Give me back my spotlight!

I actually spoke with his older sister when she came to this school. She was a friendly, social butterfly who could get along with anyone. It was during a time when I myself was about to give up, she came up to me and gave me a good luck charm. 

I could never forget the words she said to me after that.

"You're a strong girl, don't just give up! Here's a symbol of the faith I have in you. Whenever you feel like you can't go on, just look at it!"

Those words penetrated my heart like nothing else ever could.

She then handed me another charm, this one was attached to a keychain.

"If you ever see my brother, please give this to him, that's all I want, so please."

Sonya, why are you like this?

You just had to come and become the light at the end of the tunnel for me.

The day before she graduated, she came up to me and asked for one more favour.

"You're going to be the new student council president, I'm so proud of you!"

Those words made me really happy.

"Can I ask you for one favour?"

The favour was the only reason why I haven't acted against Oliver.

"No matter what you do, please don't harm my brother."

Oh, Sonya, you annoying pillar of light.

It's fine though.

I won't act against him, but I will observe him and it isn't stopping anyone else from harming him.

Go on Sayuri.

If anyone can do it it's you.

Show the world who Oliver truly is.

 

 

Announcement

Enjoy my work?

Find me on Patreon (BENEFITS!)

I'll also love you forever :/

https://www.patreon.com/thehaobospatula

6