Chapter 18
59 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alarick POV

 

I took the camera and watched the screen, seeing that whoever took this, was trying to be as discrete as much as possible. It looked like they were hiding inside of the building, using vents or something else to get around and without being seen.

As the camera made its way to a room that was empty, voices could be heard from the next room…Then, when a cupboard was slightly opened, the camera saw the people that were talking in that next room.

I watched with more vigour from then onwards…I needed to keep my eyes and ears opened to what I was about to see and didn’t want the small chance that this could all be a lie instead of the truth…

But…

The one with the camera had done well, they knew this would be shown to other Shifters and they showed that the people who they had taped had in fact all been humans, instead of Shifters, as they had discretely showed silver being used against them and nothing happening.

Not only that…But…An army of people, guns and other weapons…Maps, ideas, even a leader…

 

It was real!

There was no way that this information was fake, especially when the town of Vanin was clear through seeing outside of this ‘warehouse’ type building, so the known location was something even I knew about. The maps also stated where we were all situated and even a Shifter that had been clearly beaten, by showing bruises, had also been taped being scared and talking a little about one particular pack, namely ‘The Striker Den’. Having clearly named our weaknesses and those silver bullets and wolfsbane also been seen from the camera, it cleared most of my doubts…

Even if it was a hoax, I had known a small amount of the humans already planning something through my own spies…I just didn’t think war would be upon us so soon!

“We would have come sooner, but we had to make copies to show this to other packs on this continent. Like I have just told you earlier, we would like to band together as one, just as we had in the last war, so that we have the biggest chance of surviving! Please, Alpha Alarick, tell your people and let us join together at The Misty Ice Pack!”

 

Letting out a defeated sigh, I gave back the camera and bit my thumb to show my sincerity of a future alliance, putting out my hand then to show the first action of joining forces.

The Beta nodded, not giving much else but to do the same, to show the same amount of trust…At least all the trust that we could get at that moment, especially since he was just a Beta and not another Alpha…

I knew this would be a long process as we would band together, we would break up the pack that I had strived so hard to obtain, yet…For survival, we needed to start gathering together as one…

At the moment, all we had done was agree to come together, but terms will have to be set so that I will be able to continue to protect my pack as much as possible…And the first step would be to do as said and go to The Misty Ice Pack area, simply because it is better defended and more Shifters there to keep my pack safe…

The process will take time, but time really wasn’t on our side and I knew that I had to be careful in the coming days, so I won’t rush to a stupid conclusion and waste what I had been doing for most of my life…

I will protect my pack! I will survive! And I will make sure that other Shifters will not be our enemies!

Well, that is what I hoped as I knew new rules and regulations will be set and that our pack way of life will be different and might cause a ruckus…Which we can’t afford right now!

 

After our shake, Alarick dropped his hand limply, and stated, “I will inform my pack and get them to help each other and we will leave as one…As we are one…”

The Beta showed no disrespect to what I said, but I also felt no disrespect from him either…On the other hand, I didn’t know how much respect I had for him and his pack though…

I’m not doing this to bow down to you strange lot of Shifters…I’m doing this to protect my family!

Agitated, I felt like some stress had lifted upon the Beta turning and feeling that some hidden Shifters had taken down their guard…

Frowning, I see that they really wanted to dominate what was going on and noticed that they didn’t have any intention to leave until my pack and I were leaving our land…

It seemed that I had no choice but to comply anyway, as if I hadn’t…

What made my mood worse, was that they shouldn’t have to force the issue…Obviously, I knew now that there was a war that probably will happen soon yet, they still had people here that seemed ready to beat me up if I didn’t do what I just did!

Suss!

This was all so very suss!

I didn’t like it and I felt extremely insulted!

If only…

Sighing, I couldn’t help but be a little out of it because of my mate…If I wasn’t so worried about her, I would have been a lot angrier!

Both my wolf and I were seriously displeased!

I was just about ready to be the man I’ve always been and tell them that I am an Alpha and will not be rushed…But…

 

A sudden force of unbearable pain went through me then and I fell to the ground in complete agony…

What…

Yelling out, I felt something snap and I lost complete composure as I unknowingly changed into my wolf…

Hearing a deafening, sorrow filled howl, I was completely stunned to find that it had come from me.

Asuna!

As my wolf spoke of Asuna, I had thoughts on Rieka, and sadness crept into me before I even figured out what it meant.

Heart wrenching pain took over me and my wolf, and we laid their panting and growling…

What was going on!?

Why…Why do I feel like…

I didn’t want to continue that line of thought, but it was hard not to when I was experiencing such pain…Why is it that I feel like she had died?

What was going on!?

 

Linking myself to each one of my family, trying to find any type of information on what was going on, I continued to want to think that something else had happened…That there was no way that this feeling would mean what I thought it meant!

I felt bad when I wanted to think that someone else in the pack was in trouble, but I couldn’t believe that it was my very own mate…I couldn’t!

I hadn’t been with her enough! It can’t be her!

Besides, our link is weak so it wouldn’t cause me this much pain, it has to be someone else!

Yet, seeing a links that hadn’t come undone, due to someone else in the pack dying, I continued to concentrate and only found one strange thing that didn’t make sense…And that was, one of my family members were currently to the south of The Misty Ice Pack…

Why…Why was someone there?

But they weren’t hurt, no, the only ones that had perished, were the ones from earlier when my mate had been kidnapped…No one had died since…No one…The pain of them…Hadn’t been this strong!

But I didn’t want to believe it! I don’t want to believe it!

Over such a small time, my mate was already so precious to me! How could she just leave me!?

But there was just one link that would describe the reason why I felt such heart wrenching pain…

No!

I won’t believe it!

But I found my eyesight continue to go more and more hazy and my growls had now turned into whimpering…

 

With only one option left, I force myself to find Rieka’s link and push myself to find where it is…I knew that I probably wouldn’t be able to know her location, or talk to her through it, because it was so weak…Yet…This time, it was like it had completely disappeared…

I couldn’t find it!

Rieka!

There was nothing!

“Alpha Alarick! Can you hear me!?”

No…I can’t believe it!

I tried over and over again, to feel the link between Rieka and I, but never found it!

“Alpha Alarick!”

I vaguely saw the Beta of The Misty Ice Pack come into my view and I dazedly just stared at him.

“We have to move now! Do you want your pack to die!?”

Move…Die?

I have no idea on what your talking about…My mate…My mate! I can’t find my mate!

 

“Alpha…” The Beta came close to me and whispered quietly into my wolf ears, “Alpha, I have orders to fight you if you don’t do as we ask. Please don’t make me fight you!”

An alpha feeling once again took over me in my dazed state and I found myself getting up slowly upon all my wolf legs.

It looked like Mingan has taken over, as I found myself having been pushed back easily due to my current inability to think properly…Well, both of us were unable to think properly but my wolf seemed able to hold onto more sanity then I…

We both felt like crap, we were both thinking badly and unable to hold onto to our emotions very well…It’s just Mingan was able to do something, where as I wasn’t able too.

My wolf nodded at the Beta and I found that we were running back to the pack, while Mingan was giving orders in his deeply and more authority voice.

While I…I was still stuck in a trance.

He tried to calm me down but gave up as he felt insecure himself.

We were…A complete mess!

 

***

1