Chapter 20
52 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alarick POV

 

I saw Beta Carlos shift to his wolf and growl at me, trying to keep me away from his Alpha, but it had no affect on me, this Alpha!

I could already feel him tremble just to my aura! He was nothing!

Power within myself burst forth and I felt the pride over myself once again. All those times that I had to survive since young and then having to always keep it up afterwards with others wanting to take my pack, I was absolutely ready to show them what I was good for!

Mingan and I were elated and couldn’t wait to let lose upon our feelings of anguish and rage over what had happened recently.

Again, I was back to being strong and full of vigor…The number one Alpha!

An Alpha wanting justice for my mate!

Immediately, I went into combat with Carlos and through my anger rising, I quickly had him pinned down and ripped off one of his wolf forelegs! Then I rushed ahead to get to the Alpha but found others from The Misty Ice Pack that had shifted to their wolves and went towards me.

Through a scurry of fur and growls, I let myself fight to the bitter end with these mongrels and did not care to kill a few in my way!

It had been at least a week since I had fought last, but I fell into a rhythm like I always had, using my teeth, my legs and strength as where I had learnt. My wolf was just as determined as I to get our revenge for our mate and so we fell into sync and worked as one, as we fought our way through those who stood in our way!

 

Another Shifter lost a leg, another got my claws into their necks and another got their sides spilling out to my gash to their side. I bit into a neck, then another neck and I was even pinned down at some point to then use my aura and my quick reflexes to quickly get up at the earliest opportunity…

Through this, blood spilt everywhere, and I knew that I had also gotten some bites in return. I had a gash on one of my legs and my eye was just millimeters from being clawed into! But…I felt my pack transform and fight along with me, their Alpha, and a full-blown bloodbath started between us and The Misty Ice Pack!

Our bond against theirs, our fighters against theirs!

My family’s fighters’ thoughts aligned with mine, as they too wanted justice! They also fought bravely and showed others that we weren’t a pack to be trifled with!

We were strong, resilient and worked well as a team! And wow was I proud of them!

My family was something else!

 

It became clear then, how our numbers did not compete with theirs…What we had though, was determination! Each and every one of us wanted to get revenge for my lost mate and the pain that I had gone through to her loss!

We were family and even though Rieka had not been initiated into the pack or even mated with me, everyone had easily found out that we were destined to be with each other, making her part of our family!

We packed together and my enforcers took the lead, leaving other fighters to help along the side. We used our connection and our training to continue forwards very slowly, but our numbers were just not enough against this other pack!

Becoming encircled and trapped, each one of us could only growl at those growling at us.

“Hang on! Geez, war hasn’t even officially started on this continent yet and if you fight each other, who’s going to fight the humans! We need to win dammit! Xavior will not care if there’s little of you left! Come on, stop it!”

It was hard to make sense of the words coming from the outsider, the new being in the room, but I did hear them…

No one relented, yet no advance was made, and the growling stopped…

 

I did not take my eyes off Alpha Avan, and the new being came into my sight, showing herself next to him.

“I don’t blame you for wanting to kill him and to be honest, I don’t want him to be the leader here. So…Everyone else back off! This fight is just between these two!”

My eyes went from Alpha Avan, to the strange, new being, and I didn’t know what to do next. Was she helping me?

“Back off!” I saw the woman yell and put out her hand, seeing wind push at others around both me and Alpha Avan. “I might not have a lot of nature energy right now, but I still have enough to kill each and everyone of you! So back off!”

I saw her humph and put her hands to her chest…

Was she…Pouting?

To a strange degree, she reminded me a bit of Rieka…Which only made me remember that poor looking, white wolf that was hurt…My rage instantly returned once again…

“It’s just between these two!” Then, suddenly, she lowered the earth around Alpha Avan and took a few steps away herself, leaving quite a few metres in all directions that was free…With only Alpha Avan and I in the middle…

Seeing the strange woman nod at me, I choose to think of this later, while letting myself feel that hate and revenge once again fill me up and I dived straight towards Alpha Avan!

 

A black wolf emerged in front of me and I moved away from his jaws, so that he wouldn’t bite me in the neck, he then jumped towards me again and as I dodged, he still got hold of my tail and I pulled myself out of his hold, making me whine to the loss of skin.

This bastard!

He puts in a lot of strength and pounces!

As I just thought this, he had circled me a bit and then did the same thing again, jumping into my location and I narrowed my eyes, rolling to the floor and put my wolf feet out to retaliate.

Having clawed a bit of his insides, I still felt like this wasn’t a very good idea, when he was trying desperately to get to my neck.

Pushing with my feet, I growled out as he instead hooked his jaw onto one of my legs and so I took in his neck fur in my mouth. Pulling on it hard, I felt him whine and let go of my leg, getting off me and I quickly turned, and watched him.

 

We were silent, as we circled each other and I just knew that he might be waiting for something, waiting for me to be distracted…I

“Alpha!” I heard, and there it was, he pounced, and I raced to go under him and wanked at one of his hind legs, that was still in the air, and pulled with all my strength to get him back down to the floor.

With a big noise, a huge wolf fell to the floor and then I dragged him around, taking in a few kicks from his other hind leg to my face.

Bastard!

I was so angry, so bloody angry!

Putting a paw down over the other wolfs private parts, I heard him whine and struggle against me, then I put myself over his body and yanked at his foot, that was still in my mouth, away from his body and a noise vibrated out…

A deep whine entered my ears and I felt a slight release to my anger.

But wasn’t this nothing to what my poor mate would have gone through?

If only I knew her circumstances, so that I could do exactly the same to him, but all I knew is that she had died, or come that close to death that our connection had completely broken!

That’s right, doesn’t he have a mate too?

 

Letting go of the leg in my mouth, I saw it go limp and immediately fall to the floor. It looked like Alpha Avan was unable to use it now, so…If I wanted to show him how it felt to lose a mate, now was going to be it but…

When I searched for this mate of his, she looked completely scared and was crying, making me lose that idea completely.

Dammit!

Looking back at the ‘dog’ that gave me rage, I saw him backing off away from me and unable to use one of his legs.

Seeing him shift into human and fall to the ground, with his arms up in surrender, I growled.

How could I let him go!?

“I was wrong! I was wrong!”

His pleas didn’t do much for me and I took a step forward, only to hear another come forth and bend down next to him, “Alpha Avan, this is a great time to kill him and take his pack!”

In the next moment, a wind blew the old man with a white beard away and I saw that the new being had her hand out.

Looking back at Alpha Avan, I wondered what he was going to do…

I had heard that whisper and wondered if this elder was someone that he should also kill!

“No.”

Hearing the great Alpha of The Misty Ice Pack say this, I stopped in my tracks.

He looked back at me and nodded, “I’m not stupid, this woman here is powerful, and I can see how loyal his family is. They wouldn’t recognize me as their leader…”

 

You’re damned right!

I guess he isn’t stupid!

Staying vigilant, I stood still, watching him like a hawk.

My family’s ideas greatly differed to his and they would want this type of person to be either killed or imprisoned! I guess this Alpha Avan is seeing things realistically…Not only that, we weren’t the only packs here! And then there’s that strange new being that has a power that seems to control the earth and wind!

I waited for what he would say next, as he stared back at me, and he nodded again, “I got the idea to sacrifice your mate from him! If you are still angry, I will give him to you!”

I growled…

How long will this go on for? Blaming one person, then another…

Who was it that put my beloved mate in the position of being nearly killed!?

He then spoke again, lowering his neck to me, “I am willing to admit defeat, willing to have you lead, just please, don’t kill me!”

What a coward!

Growling again, I took another step forward and he put his hands out, “Please don’t! I didn’t even think of what the pure, white wolf was! I heard everything from him! He’s the father of her, he should be the one that should get killed!”

“Alpha!”

The old man’s voice spoke out in fury, and I turned to him in complete displeasure.

He…Is her father?

My poor, lovely, beautiful mate, has this shameless bastard as a father?

Without further delay, I raced towards the old man and aimed for his head, wanting to rip it straight off his shoulders!

1