18. Exposed
1.1k 6 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had a gulp of my vodka cooler, but otherwise kept my mouth shut.

Susan and Melissa were both trying to get Tracey to drop the subject, but I was sure they were just making the situation worse. I felt like they should have just laughed it off and got on with the fireworks. Instead it seemed like they were just giving her arguments credibility.

Meanwhile Amber got up and headed into the house, which surprised me. It left me wondering if she was freaking out and needed to hide in her room or something.

"Tracey that's obviously impossible," Susan stated. "Amber's right, you've had too much to drink."

The teen scoffed, "Seriously Susan? You were there when Mara offered to turn me into a succubus! Then you and my sister both spent like an hour trying to convince me being a succubus wasn't that much fun. Which, I mean really? After you showed off your shape-shifting trick at dinner that one time? I just want to join the club! It's no fair you let my ace sister join but you won't let me in!"

Melissa sighed, "Tracey please just drop it. We're going to do the fireworks ok?"

I glanced around at the others again, with my intuition thing dialled up.

Sam and Troy were drinking their beers and keeping out of it. They knew the truth but they were keeping quiet and not getting involved in this. Sam would help out if things got like dangerous or whatever, he'd try and protect his little sister, but he knew that probably wouldn't be necessary. And Troy was wondering if Lily would show up and put a stop to the conversation, or if one of us had some other magical way of making Tracey stop talking.

Logan and Erin had no idea what to make of the whole thing, but they didn't believe in demons or succubi or magic so they weren't worried about that. They both figured Tracey had too much to drink, or this was part of some sort of elaborate joke or prank or something. They were curious, but not curious enough that they'd stay late and demand answers or anything like that. Maybe curious enough to meet up with Sue another time to ask about it over coffee or lunch.

Matt was the one taking it seriously. He was staring at me and thinking about all the weird stuff over the last six months. Like me beating up Jim and the other guys, and Amber's miraculous transition. And he was wondering if maybe Tracey was right about magic and shapeshifting and succubi. I could sense some fear in him, but mostly he wanted answers.

Finally I looked at Annie. The impression I got from her told me that Tracey hadn't told her any of this stuff before, so she had no idea what her girlfriend was going on about. She didn't believe in demons or magic or any of that stuff either, she thought maybe this was some weird half-assed prank Tracey was trying to do. Or maybe her friend was just drunk and trying to be funny.

At that point Amber emerged from the house, and she was carrying something in her hand. She stalked across the yard to her little sister and stated, "Tracey you've had too much to drink. Here, I got you this."

Despite the darkness I could see Amber push an orange creamsicle into her sister's hand. I'd have thought either a cup of coffee or a bottle of water would be more appropriate if she wanted to flush the booze from Tracey's system, but maybe Amber figured some sugar would work better.

The teen looked down at the frozen treat and her eyes went wide. Her cheeks turned bright red as well, though I doubted anyone else could see how bright she was blushing.

Tracey looked from the creamsicle to her sister, then she looked back at the treat again. She took a bite out of it, and from her quiet moan you'd think it was the best thing she'd ever had in her mouth.

Without another word Tracey turned and moved to Annie. She grabbed her girlfriend's hand and the two of them hurried into the house together. The whole spectacle was really weird and left me with the feeling like I missed something.

By that point everyone was staring at Amber. She shrugged and sat down next to me as she said, "They really like creamsicles. Anyways, let's do the fireworks?"

"Right," Susan nodded. She and Melissa had some of those long matches from the fireplace, and they lit the first half dozen roman candles then moved back with the rest of us.

It wasn't anywhere near as cool as the giant ones they used downtown for big celebrations, but it was still kind of neat. And we had enough of them to make it kind of impressive. And we all had front-row seats too. On the other hand it wasn't enough of a distraction to make anybody forget what Tracey had been saying earlier, and while most of us were enjoying the fireworks I noticed Matt kept staring at me and Amber.

It took about twenty minutes but we eventually used up all the pyrotechnics. Then Logan and Erin said their goodbyes and stuff, and thanked Susan for inviting them. And they both wanted to hook up with her again later. My intuition thing told me they had some questions about the whole Tracey incident, not that they believed in demons and stuff but something unusual was obviously going on.

Once the two of them left, Susan closed the gate while Melissa suggested "How about we move the party inside, so we don't bother the neighbours?"

Sue agreed with that idea. She turned off the outdoor speakers and we all helped bring in the snacks. The remaining bottles and cans were fished out of the coolers and brought into the kitchen since the ice had melted some time ago. Everyone grabbed another drink, we brought a couple bowls of chips into the living-room, and we got some music playing on the entertainment system in there.

Sam and Troy relaxed on the love-seat again, Matt and Amber sat at one end of the sectional, Sue and Melissa were at the other end, and I pulled a chair over from the little dining table we never actually used.

And as soon as everyone was all comfortable and relaxed, Matt looked at Amber and asked "That stuff your little sister said, was it true? Is that how you changed so quickly back in February? And how you shrank in April?"

The small cute brunette sighed, "If it was true it'd probably be a really big secret. The sort of thing I wouldn't be allowed to talk about."

"Yet Tracey knows," Matt countered. "So if it's true, she found out somehow."

Amber sighed again and had a sip of her cooler, then looked over at me.

I knew what she wanted, and I was starting to hate the fact that all my girlfriends basically needed my permission to talk about stuff like this. I knew that's probably not how Lily intended it to work, but it's how the whole thing turned out. None of them could discuss their contracts or Lily or the magic and stuff unless the other person already knew about Lily. So they needed me to tell people about Lily, which basically meant they needed my permission to talk.

My intuition thing told me Matt probably wasn't going to freak out or make a scene. He seemed equal parts worried about his friend and curious to finally get some answers.

"Ok," I sighed. "Matt, I'm not a succubus but I am part-demon. I'm bound to a demon named Lily who has magical powers. And she helped Amber out back in February."

He sort of half laughed as he stared at me in disbelief, "So demons are real? And you're..."

I let my horns and tail appear, and Matt's jaw dropped as he stared at me in shock.

He continued staring at me as he had a few gulps of his beer. The other two guys were staying quiet, and I could tell Sam was anxious again. He was probably worried Lily would make another appearance, or maybe offer to give Matt a demonstration. Troy meanwhile had a smile on his face, and he was probably hoping for all the things his boyfriend was afraid of.

"You have to keep this to yourself Matt," Amber said quietly. "Please? Tracey found out kind of by accident, and she's been a huge pest about it ever since."

Matt glanced over at Sam and Troy and asked, "They already know about this?"

Melissa spoke up, "Sam's my brother, I had to tell him. And Troy found out when we all got together at new years."

"Whatever you do," Sam warned the blond jock, "Do not ask for a magical demonstration."

Troy grinned, "Or if you do want one, I'll volunteer. I had fun last time."

Matt frowned but looked at Amber again. "So you're a succubus? But you're ace. Or... Are you still ace?"

"I'm demi-ace," she nodded. "And yes, I am a succubus."

He stared at her for a few seconds, then drank the rest of his beer and finally just said "Huh."

After a few moments he asked "What about your other girlfriends? Susan, Melissa?"

Sue nodded and Melissa said, "We are, yeah."

Matt looked at me again and asked, "And you're part-demon? Did you use some kind of demonic magic when those guys tried to attack you?"

I shook my head, "It's not magic, I'm just really strong."

He nodded slowly, then looked at Amber again. "Was this your choice? You wanted this? You weren't forced or anything like that, were you?"

"It was entirely my choice," she told him. "I promise. I wanted this, all of it. And I'm very happy with who and what I am now."

He nodded again, then took a deep breath and finally said "Ok. I might freak out some more later, but for now I'll drop it. And I'll keep your secrets, I won't mention this to anyone. Not that anybody would believe it anyways."

"Thanks Matt," Amber said with a smile. Then she shifted closer to him and wrapped an arm around his waist as she stretched her neck up, and gave him a little kiss. That seemed to catch him completely off-guard, but he didn't look too unhappy about it. Amber didn't move back again afterwards, she remained sitting right alongside him with her arm around him.

I grinned as I got to my feet, then went to the kitchen and grabbed Matt another beer. He thanked me as I handed it to him, then I sat back down and had a gulp of my cooler.

By that point most of the tension had faded, and everyone started to loosen up and relax again. Though the topic of conversation hadn't really changed much, now everyone was talking about magic and stuff. Troy was telling Matt what happened back in March, when he got turned into a femme-boy faun. Matt listened with a look of shock on his face, while Troy grinned as he described the experience.

Melissa started to tease her brother again about his experience last November, and that led to some friendly sibling banter between the two of them.

It felt like things were going to be ok again, so while everyone else was talking and stuff I let my eyes unfocus as I slipped inside.

"Hello Mara," Lily greeted me. She was laying on her big leather sofa, where she had a view of everything going on outside the body. Like I figured she was watching and listening to the party.

I gave her a hug and greeted her back, then sat on the arm of the sofa.

"So I guess you saw Tracey blabbing all the secrets and stuff?" I asked. "She still wants to join us, but I don't think that's a good idea."

Lily nodded, "I saw. Fortunately things worked out all right for now, though I suspect Logan and Erin will have some awkward questions for Susan next time they meet. As for Tracey... I'm really not sure what to do about her. The only way to magically silence her would be to have her sign a contract with me."

"Yeah," I sighed. "I don't think that's a good idea. For one thing she's too young. And it'd be super weird for her to join us, being Amber's little sister and all that."

Lily reminded me, "You were only eighteen when you signed a pact with me Mara. Your new ID says you're twenty, but we both know you're really nineteen. And Melissa was only eighteen when she signed her contract. However, I agree that it would be awkward for her to join the DLP. Perhaps it's best if we leave the matter in Amber's hands? It's something we could discuss with her in private at some point."

"Oh yeah," I blushed. "And that's a good idea, about talking with Amber and Tracey in private."

She smiled, "Why don't you rejoin the others? Enjoy the rest of your evening."

I smiled back, "Ok Lily. Have a good night."

Me and my demon mom exchanged another hug, then I returned to the body and had another gulp of my cooler.

There was more conversation, more drinking, and more music. There was also some more friendly teasing and stuff, but the mood had definitely improved after we got the difficult stuff out of the way. At one point I even let Matt touch my tail so he could feel it was real and stuff. He wasn't even too freaked out about it, like by that point he was just curious.

Eventually things started to wind down, and around two in the morning Sam and Troy decided to turn in for the night. By then I was starting to feel a bit weary as well. My girlfriends were too, so me and Melissa and Susan all said goodnight to Amber and Matt, before we headed up to the master bedroom together.

The last two looked like they were planning to stay up a while more. From the sound of it they were going to have a private conversation about all the stuff Matt learned tonight.

Despite being tired, me and Melissa and Susan still had some fun once we were all in bed together. We did try to keep the noise down, but we made sure to end our first big party the way you'd expect succubi and sex-demons would.

The great creamsicle mystery will eventually be explained. Or you could learn all the answers right now by joining our Patreon. (Patrons at $10 & above got to see how the whole thing got started in NSFW chapters 14b & 14c. Just sayin'. If you're enjoying our work and you'd like to support us, please consider joining our patreon & get early access to new chapters! Patrons have already read chapter 25 and you could too!
https://www.patreon.com/purplecatgirl

85