20. Predators
1.1k 5 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was half past one in the afternoon before I got around to making breakfast for everyone. We were all feeling pretty lazy up till then, and folks got by on coffee, juice, soda, or water.

Eventually though we all started feeling hungry. So I had a couple pans on the stove, I was frying up all the leftover sausages and I had a big mess of scrambled eggs nearly ready. Melissa was helping out, she was making and buttering the toast.

"Food's nearly ready," I announced after a few more minutes.

Sam and Troy were first in line, then Sue and Melissa next. Matt even joined us, which was a bit of a surprise. He still looked half asleep when he emerged from Amber's bedroom, but apparently the smell of eggs and sausage was enough to revive him.

Amber was the only one who wasn't interested in food, since she had a good satisfying meal last night. And Tracey and Annie had already left.

After her private meeting with Lily and Amber, the teen and her friend spent ten minutes tidying up the den then the two of them excused themselves and went back to Tracey's place.

Neither Amber or Lily said anything about how that meeting went, but I had to assume it was a success since Tracey didn't complain or make a scene or whatever. I was curious, but I didn't want to pry. And I was confident that if whatever deal they all agreed on involved me, either Lily or Amber would have told me that much.

Once everyone got breakfast we all returned to the living-room to eat, with plates balanced on our lap or held in our hands. Or in Matt's case, he had a plate of food on the coffee table in front of him, and a big mug of coffee in his hand.

"You doing all right there Matt?" Sam asked with a grin. "You're looking a little rough this morn... I mean, this afternoon."

The blond jock grumbled incoherently and had a few deep gulps of his coffee.

A few of us chuckled or giggled quietly, while Amber just had that satisfied smile on her face again.

As we all continued with our breakfast Susan commented, "I'm glad Willow and Jenna left before Tracey started going on about demons and magic and succubi. It's going to be hard enough trying to explain that to Erin and Logan next time I see them."

"Me too," I grimaced. "I'm glad Grace left before that happened."

Melissa asked, "They won't believe in that stuff will they? I mean, Erin and Logan?"

Sue shook her head, "Of course not. But they're still going to ask why Tracey was talking about succubi and magic. She was very specific when she mentioned Mara's horns and tail and my shape-shifting. I'm not sure yet how to handle it? I probably won't be able to just laugh it off or hand-wave it away."

"I'm sure you'll come with some sort of explanation," Amber said.

Before Sue could respond, Matt finally said something coherent. He was staring at me as he said quietly, "Holy crap it wasn't a dream..."

My horns and tail were still visible, and it seemed like he'd just woke up enough to notice.

"Nope," I said with a grin. "I'm really real."

He slowly turned to stare at Amber. He gulped and asked, "And you're really a succubus?"

The small brunette smiled and nodded, "I am."

Matt turned to look at Melissa and asked, "You too?"

"Yep," the tall blonde replied with a grin.

"Damn." He shook his head, then looked towards Amber again.

She smiled, "Sorry Matt. I know last night was fun, but we can't do it again anytime soon. It's not healthy for you."

He blushed and cringed then focused on the rest of his breakfast.

"So just out of curiosity," Sam asked nobody in particular, "What happens if one of you succubi does have sex with someone 'too soon'? How unhealthy is it? Are we talking mild cold, or Spanish Flu? Or I guess maybe it'd be more of an STD kind of thing? Maybe a shot of penicillin will clear it up?"

He was obviously trying to joke around, but Melissa gave her brother a serious look. And in an equally-serious voice she replied, "We're very careful so it won't happen, but I'm sure you know the legends Sam? If we weren't careful, if we did something wrong, we could put someone in the hospital pretty easily."

There were a few seconds of awkward silence, till Sam smiled and tried to joke again, "Well that's yet another reason I'm glad I'm gay."

A few of us smiled, but Melissa remained serious. She shook her head slightly, "Gay or not, if I wanted to I could have you in bed in about a minute Sam. I'm not trying to be creepy, but I want you to understand we don't joke about this sort of thing. My girlfriends and I aren't human anymore, we're supernatural beings and we have access to real magic. Humans don't have any defence against that."

Both Sam and Matt looked uncomfortable, but Troy seemed pretty calm about it. He slipped an arm around his boyfriend and gave him a hug, then smiled as he said "Kind of sobering isn't it? Knowing what it feels like to be a couple mice, hanging out with the foxes in their den."

Susan shook her head, "I don't think that's an accurate comparison. We don't kill people, and we don't have sex without consent. We could, like Melissa said. We have magic that would let us do that, but it's more of a defensive thing. If someone tried to attack us or tried to hurt us, we could turn the tables on them. The bottom line is, we don't sleep with people unless they want it and we're careful not to hurt anyone."

Melissa looked at Matt then added with a smile, "And the experience is very enjoyable for them. Enough that they're eager for more, even when they know it could be harmful."

Matt blushed again as he glanced at Amber. I didn't need any demonic intuition to tell me he wanted another round with her, he didn't care that it was dangerous.

"Fair enough," Troy said. "I'm sorry if I offended with the predator and prey comparison."

Amber remarked calmly, "I'm not sure the comparison is that far off? I'm not saying Susan's wrong, everything she said is absolutely true. We don't take people against their will and we don't kill. Having said that, my point is that we could easily do both of those things, we just prefer not to. And like Melissa said, humans have no defence against us. Most don't even know we exist."

That led to another awkward silence, which was broken this time by Troy.

"So my understanding was Lily needed our consent for her magical demonstrations?" he asked. "How come she needs consent to do magic on us, but you don't?"

Sue answered, "That's comparing apples and oranges. She's a demon, we're succubi. Different kinds of magic too, she was using some kind of transformation spell to demonstrate her power, for us it's more like a natural talent or ability rather than a spell."

"It's how we feed," Amber stated. "A lion doesn't require consent from the gazelle. Cats don't get consent from mice. I'm sure Lily doesn't need consent when she feeds. And if push comes to shove, neither do we. We get consent because it's the right thing to do, and we have the luxury of choice and knowing we won't starve to death without it."

We were all quiet for a minute or two after that, with everyone sort of staring at Amber. It wasn't the sort of thing I expected to hear the normally shy quiet cutie say, and it seemed the others were as surprised as I was.

"Anyways," Sam spoke up again as he looked to Melissa. "I'm sorry I tried to joke about this stuff sis, and I'm glad you're taking it so seriously. I'm also maybe a little bit creeped out, but I'm glad you're being responsible."

By that point everyone had finished eating. We all took our dishes and stuff back to the kitchen, and Troy and Amber helped me with the dishes and the cleaning up.

As we rejoined the others in the living-room, Melissa asked her brother "When were you planning on heading home? If you leave it too much later you're going to end up getting caught in traffic."

Sam shrugged, "If you girls don't mind the company we could hang around another night then head home tomorrow morning?"

My girlfriends and I all looked at each other but none of us had a problem with that.

"That's fine with us," Melissa told him. "We still have lots of drinks and a few big bags of chips left over from last night, we can have a smaller quieter party tonight?"

"How about you Matt?" Amber asked her friend.

The blond jock sighed and shook his head, "I should actually get going. I'm still kind of beat, I could use a shower, and good night's sleep tonight. Not to mention some clean clothes."

The small brunette succubus smirked, "Sorry. I hope you had fun though?"

"Oh yeah," he grinned. "A lot of fun. And no regrets, if that's what you're worried about."

He stayed with us a while longer, enough to have another big mug of coffee. Then Matt bid the rest of us a good afternoon and a fun evening, and finally Amber went to the door with him to see him out.

"Not that I'm hungry already," Melissa asked, "But what's the plan for dinner? We're not just having chips and booze."

Sam replied, "There's enough burgers left over, we can do BBQ again tonight."

Troy added with a smile, "I brought a couple games just in case. They're in Sam's truck but if we're looking for something to do..."

"As long as they're not trivia games," I said with a grin.

He laughed, "No Mara, no trivia games. I made sure to only bring games that everyone would enjoy."

It wasn't long before Troy got some games out of the pick-up, and the six of us played one of his fun silly party games in the living-room. By the time that was over we'd all shifted from drinking coffee or juice or water to drinking vodka coolers and beer again.

And after we finished the game we all headed out into the backyard. Sam put on a shirt, but nobody else bothered to dress. Me and my girlfriends were in our nightshirts, Troy was in his t-shirt and track pants, and we were all barefoot.

First thing we did out there was tidy up the yard. The two coolers full of water were dumped out then put away, and all the empty cans and bottles were put in the recycling bin. We also put away half of the patio chairs, then Sam and Melissa both fussed over the BBQ for a minute or two. Sam won that contest and my girlfriend gave up and took a seat while her brother got the grill lit and heating up again.

Unlike the night before, this was much quieter and more relaxed. We talked and joked and drank but there wasn't any of the stress or tension of meeting new people or of trying to impress other people. We were just six friends hanging out and having a relaxing summer evening together.

When it came time to eat, Sam handled the meat and fire while I went into the kitchen and made a salad and got the condiments and stuff ready for the burgs. We ate outside too since the weather was nice and all.

I was about halfway through my burger when Susan suddenly got uptight about something.

"Oh shit!" she gasped under her breath, then half-whispered at me, "Mara! Horns and tail!"

"Oops," I grimaced as I had them go invisible. "Totally forgot, sorry!"

We'd been out in the backyard for the past ninety minutes or so, between tidying up and relaxing, drinking, chilling and stuff, and the whole time my demon bits were completely visible. I had my tail curled up on my lap and played with the tip now and then.

In my defence though, none of the others noticed I'd forgot to hide them, even Susan took an hour and a half to realize the neighbours could see them if they happened to look out the windows that had a view into our yard. Even Sam and Troy were used to them enough that we all just sort of forgot it wasn't normal. Or at least, normal for me.

Susan glanced around nervously while I continued munching on my burg. I figured everything was ok though, since we hadn't heard any shouts or screams or whatever from the neighbours. And the gate was closed so nobody going past on the sidewalk could see them either.

After dinner we all continued to chill outside, talking and drinking and stuff. It wasn't till after it was dark out that we all went back into the house. Then Troy got out another game. It was my favourite one, with the acting and drawing and stuff, and we all had a good time with that.

We didn't stay up too late, we finished the game just past eleven and we were all in bed around midnight. Sam and Troy were in the guest room as usual, Susan joined Amber in her room this time, and me and Melissa had the master bedroom to ourselves.

Friday morning we were all up at a reasonable hour. Amber had to work so she was up first to shower and get ready and everything. The rest of us didn't bother yet. I made french toast for breakfast, then our cute brunette girlfriend headed out while Sam and Troy started getting ready as well.

The guys hung around till mid-morning, then we all exchanged hugs and farewells and stuff before they climbed into Sam's pick-up truck and set out for home.

Me and Melissa and Susan took some time to do the dishes and make sure everything was all cleaned up from the parties and stuff, then we relaxed together on the sectional in the living-room.

"That was a really good party," I said with a grin.

Susan nodded, "Yeah, it was. I had a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to doing it again."

If you're enjoying our work and you'd like to support us, please consider joining our patreon & get early access to new chapters! Patrons have already read chapter 27 and you could too!
https://www.patreon.com/purplecatgirl

85