Chapter 126 : Shimen Yihshyong
142 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The station they were going to at that time to get to Yinqyueh's relative's house was indeed very close. Only two stations away. In no time, they had arrived at their intended station. Shannchyuan and Yihshyong got off in an orderly manner. With firm steps, they walked out of the station. Their steps were light but relatively fast.

"What's Dahge's plan?" Yihshyong had to ask because Shannchyuan hadn't explained at all what they had to do that morning.

"No special plans. We will head straight to Miss Liuchiou's relative's house."

"What kinds of things are we going to do there?"

"We're just going to see what Miss Liuchiou's relative's house looks like,"

"Aren't we going to talk to them?"

"Tomorrow, I have to take Miss Liuchiou home. Of course, it would seem strange if I met them now, but I said nothing about the girl."

"So we will not talk to the people in the house?"

"Maybe we should talk to their neighbors."

"It's a luxury housing complex. Residents in a place like that are usually very secretive. The neighbors don't know each other."

"They must have had housekeepers, drivers, gardeners, etc. Usually, they are a valuable source of information."

"Then how do we get into the compound? The entrance to the elite housing estate must be heavily guarded."

"When we get there, we'll think about it." Shannchyuan smiled.

I hope luck will always be on our side.

It was clear to Yihshyong that Shannchyuan had absolutely no plans. Right now, Shannchyuan was only acting according to his instincts. This dahge was indeed strange. Sometimes he had a thousand plans but did nothing. Sometimes he didn't have any plans, but he was determined to act, just like now. But whatever might happen after that, Yihshyong would still support Shannchyuan's actions.

There were actually times when Yihshyong doubted himself. Following others blindly is not a smart move. It was more like the actions of an uneducated idiot. It was natural that important figures in society always had followers. However, Shannchyuan was not an influential person. Shannchyuan was an ordinary person who had no power whatsoever. Following Shannchyuan could be said to be pointless. But somehow, Yihshyong felt that what he did was not a mistake. Apart from him, at least three other people did the same thing. There was no way the four of them were all wrong. Shannchyuan must have a certain virtue. A virtue that, at that moment, they might not be aware of. Maybe even Shannchyuan himself wasn't aware of it either.

"Now, what vehicle do we have to take to get there?" Yihshyong looked left and right after they came to the main road directly in front of the subway station exit.

"It's not far from here. We're not in a rush, so let's just walk." Shannchyuan's tone was relaxed.

On foot? It wasn't too far away, but not too close, either.

Luckily, Yihshyong was very similar to Shannchyuan. Not only their faces and body stature were similar but also some habits they had. Shannchyuan loved walking, and so did Yihshyong. So Shannchyuan's decision was not an unpleasant one for Yihshyong.

They walked along the sidewalk of the main road. Yuehming was very close to Pyngyuan, so they had traveled to the area many times. Shannchyuan and Yihshyong could even be said to have memorized the fairly large streets of Yuehming.

"At the intersection in front, we turn right," said Shannchyuan. "After that, we walk about five hundred meters. When we get there, we have to turn left. Then we walk straight. Maybe about seven hundred or eight hundred meters from there, there is a big gate, which is the entrance to the elite housing estate."

"What if later, the guard at the gate kicks us out because we don't have an appointment to meet one resident there? Yihshyong again raised the concern he felt.

"I already told you. Let's not think about it now. We'll talk about it later when we reach the gate."

Yihshyong laughed at what Shannchyuan had just said.

I know! Dahge chose to walk there on foot to buy time. He must be racking his brains right now to figure out a way to get us into the housing complex.

Even though they were walking leisurely, their walking speed was still quite high compared to the average person. Shannchyuan and Yihshyong's version of a leisurely walk was indeed different from most people's casual walk. In no time, they had arrived at a huge intersection.

There, they heard sirens wailing. From the left of the intersection, several fire engines were flashing past the intersection. Yihshyong and Shannchyuan paused for a moment. At the big intersection, there were pedestrian bridges that connected each side of the four roads at the intersection. Countless people were crowding each side of the road connected at the intersection.

"Oh, here are some more fire trucks. Looks like the previous ones weren't enough to put out everything." Someone in the crowd pointed to several passing fire engines.

"I think the fire was huge, so the fire service put a lot of cars in their fleet to put out the fire that's been raging since this dawn." His friend, who was beside that person, chimed in with such a loud voice. Maybe he was worried that his friend wouldn't be able to hear because the atmosphere was far from quiet.

"In the past, when my village burned down, not too many cars came." Someone else chimed in on their conversation. The two people who had spoken earlier turned to the person who had just spoken.

"Where is your village?" The person who was the first to speak looked at the person who had just joined in on the comment.

"My village is in Dahtyan." The man looked proud when he mentioned where he lived.

Yihshyong laughed inwardly. Dahtyan was one of the densest settlements in the city. Most of the residents were lower-class people.

"Of course, Sir!" said the person whose voice was thunderous. "This time, it was the elite housing that burned. It was the upper-class people who lived there. So it's only natural that the fire service gave priority."

Yihshyong gasped at the man's words. He turned to Shannchyuan. Instantly, Shannchyuan's face turned pale. He was so tense.

"Now we have to hurry over there." Shannchyuan's voice trembled slightly. It wasn't very obvious, but Yihshyong was sure the people's chatter had a significant impact on Shannchyuan's emotions.

1