Chapter 132 : Jongharng Chioujen
138 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

About an hour after Chioujen and a friend had left the diner, there was a hostage-taking there. Chioujen's three co-workers who were still eating there became the ones who were held hostage by the gang of criminals who stormed the restaurant. The hostage-taking did not last long. In just a few hours, the hostages were free. They were all directly sent to the police hospital in Yangau.

"We know, Sir." The man with the thin mustache nodded. "What we want to ask is not directly related to the hostage incident."

"Wait a moment!" Chioujen raised his hand. "You guys came all the way from Yangau just to meet me here?"

"We are not from Yangau but from Yuehjao. We went to Yangau because we wanted to investigate something," said Sykow.

Uh? Just like me, they also work in Yuehjao?

"So the two of you went to Yangau to hunt for some news?"

"That's right, Sir!" Sykow nodded. "There is something we are investigating. The clues we got led us to go to the city of Yangau. However, the following clues forced us to go to this city."

"Did you guys come all the way here specifically to look for me?"

Sykow smiled. "No, Sir! At the station, we saw you by chance. We have met you before, so we instantly recognized you. You also have something to do with the things we are investigating. So, we want to talk to you. It was a coincidence. Before, we didn't know how to contact you."

"Where have we met before? Sorry, I really don't remember."

"It might not be right to say that we've met before," said Tzuooren. "Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that we have seen you before, but perhaps you did not notice our presence. Therefore, we understand you do not recognize us."

"When? Where?"

"At the police hospital. At that time, the hostages had been successfully evacuated to the hospital. Many people came to the hospital to look for their friends or family who were victims. You came there to visit your friends who had been hostages. On that occasion, you gave information to the police regarding things you had witnessed at the restaurant before the incident happened."

Oh! There were a lot of people there. I can't possibly remember the faces of everyone present in that place!

"Ah! You two were there."

"That's right, Sir! When the police questioned you, we sat right behind you. So we heard everything clearly."

"Sorry, I didn't recognize you."

"It's okay, Sir. We know that you must have focused on your friends at that moment. So you must not have had time to pay attention to other things." The man with the thin mustache smiled.

The two of them were always smiling. These two did not look like the people from Yuehjao.

The waiter came back with the drinks they ordered. Chioujen and the two promptly took a sip of the drinks. The freshness of the liquid that entered Chioujen's throat made him even more excited.

"What if you just tell it chronologically? That will definitely make things clearer," Chioujen said.

"Okay, Sir!" The person who was in his mid-forties nodded with a powerful gesture. "The hostage-taking incident was a major event. A lot of media and freelance journalists are putting their all into investigating it. But as we have stated before, that is not what we are investigating. We are investigating a woman who was at the time of the incident, was also there."

"That woman also became one hostage?"

"True, Sir. But they were not among those who were later released."

Chioujen recalled that in that event, the hostages managed to escape. They also took several people hostage. Chioujen didn't know how things would go because the next day, he had to return to Yuehjao.

"Until now, the police could not catch the criminals. The people they took away have not been found either," said the man with the thin mustache.

So they are currently investigating the person who was kidnapped. So what does that have to do with me?

1