Chapter 138 : Jongharng Chioujen
140 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Although everything was smooth, the journey was quite tiring. Luckily, for some reason, that day was quieter. Chioujen arrived at his destination at almost one o'clock in the afternoon.

"Good afternoon Mr. Jongharng!" Shantyan Hannrong's face brightened when the young man saw Chioujen.

"Good afternoon Hannrong. How are you today?"

"I am fine, Sir! How about you? Is your head not hurting anymore?"

Chioujen laughed. "My head is fine. Don't worry."

Actually, Chioujen still felt a little uncomfortable. Especially on the head, which was previously hit quite hard. But he didn't want to exaggerate it. There were far more important things for him to do.

"Would you like to take more things from Mr. Gongyang's unit?" Hannrong leaned forward.

Chioujen's purpose in coming to the building was not to take some of Songfei's belongings. Chioujen was still curious about what happened to him yesterday. He would check the ninth floor one more time. He knew he would most likely not find anything. But at least he could get rid of the curiosity that had plagued him since yesterday.

"Look, Hannrong. I'm still curious about what happened yesterday. So this time I'm going to check the ninth floor. I hope today I can find a clue as to what really happened last night."

Hannrong was dumbfounded at Chioujen's explanation. But, it wasn't long. Hannrong got up from the reception desk. He stepped forward towards Chioujen right away. "Do you need my help?"

"If you are willing, of course, I will be delighted."

"Thank you, Sir! I am delighted to be of assistance to you."

"But shouldn't you be on guard here?"

"I guess it's fine if I have to leave this place for a bit. Besides, sitting here all the time doing nothing is pretty boring."

"I hope this won't be a problem," Chioujen said.

Hannrong shook his head, smiling. He walked towards the entrance of the building. After locking the front door, he returned to where Chioujen was standing.

"What if someone visits this building while we're upstairs?"

"I usually lock this building when I go out for a while when I have a little need. The situation is similar to what is happening now." Hannrong's voice sounded steady.

"Then they'll just stand by the locked door until you come back?"

"True, Sir! But that rarely happens."

After that, the two of them went up to the ninth floor. When they got there, they immediately checked carefully. They found plastic food wrap in front of the service lift on that floor. The service lift has been out of service for a long time, but it was possible that someone was standing or sitting there. Hannrong couldn't remember exactly when was the last time he cleaned the floor in front of the service lift. Hannrong said that last week several tenants came to this building. Maybe it was those people who left the trash.

Hannrong couldn't tell how long these things had been here! It seemed that Hannrong was telling the truth.

Next to the service lift was a small room. The room was unlocked, so they could easily get inside it without having to go downstairs to get the key. Inside the room, there were several things scattered about. Chioujen guessed that this room was used as a warehouse. On one side of the room, there was a fairly large object. It was made of metal. Chioujen didn't know what it was. It looked like a chest, but at the top, there was nothing that looked like the lid of a chest in general. There was only a layer of metal. This thing was like a box bench with a hollow inside.

"Is this a bench?" Finally, it came out of Chioujen's mouth.

"I don't know, Sir! This stuff has been here for a long time."

"Can you open it?"

Hannrong shook his head.

The two of them began to grope the entire surface of the object. Upon closer inspection, they discovered that there were small cracks that they might be able to use to pry open the top of the coffin-like thing. However, since it was impossible to remove the iron layer by hand, Chioujen asked Hannrong to get down to his room to get the right tools to pry the metal layer out.

The time Hannrong took to retrieve the tool turned out to be slightly longer than Chioujen had expected. After Hannrong arrived, they tried to open the thing that looked like a chest. It turned out to be almost empty. Inside was only a metal coin. Apart from that coin, there was nothing else inside.

Chioujen took the coin. Instinctively, he studied it for a moment. It was an ancient coin. He wasn't an expert in that field, so there weren't many conclusions he could draw. Chioujen then put the coin into his trouser pocket.

Since he felt there was nothing else he could do, Hannrong asked Chioujen for permission to return to his post. He said that he had left the reception desk too long. Chioujen had realized from the start that he couldn't hold back Hannrong for too long. Chioujen thanked Hannrong.

1