Chapter 139 : Jongharng Chioujen
133 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chioujen was still curious about the ninth floor. He had come a long way to that place. Of course, Chioujen couldn't just go home empty-handed. He went up to the tenth floor to rest for a while. After sitting on the sofa in the main room of unit 1008 for about ten minutes, Chioujen came out again. He went downstairs to meet Hannrong at the reception desk.

"Does this building keep the blueprints of this building?" asked Chioujen. He actually knew that the blueprint for a building was unlikely to be stored in the building itself. But it never hurt to ask.

"What?" Hannrong looked at Chioujen with an incomprehensible look.

"Ah! I mean, are there any design drawings of this building stored here?"

"I don't know, Sir! There might be, but I don't know where it is."

"Where are the important documents or files stored in this building?"

"Probably in the Managing Manager's room, Sir!"

"Managing Manager?"

"It's kind of like a General Manager, but his scope of work focuses on the day-to-day management of the building. Here, we refer to the position as The Managing Manager."

A unique term!

"Oh! May I have a look around the room?"

Under normal circumstances, it was almost impossible for the building administrator to let a friend from the building's tenants enter the Manager's room and check the files in the room. However, at that moment, the situation could not be considered normal. There was no Managing Manager on duty there. So it could be said that Hannrong was the highest-ranking executive in charge of the building at that moment.

"I don't think that's a problem, sir!" Hannrong nodded. The young man seemed so sure of the decision he had made.

I hope Hannrong won't lose his job if this is found out by his superiors.

Then Hannrong escorted Chioujen to the Managing Manager's room. The position had been vacant for a long time. Chioujen didn't know since when the building didn't have a Managing Manager. However, as far as Chioujen could remember, since the first time Songfei had invited them into the building, there had been no Management Manager on duty there.

Arriving at the door, Hannrong stopped. "I forgot to bring the key, Sir. Please wait here for a moment. Let me get the key first."

Chioujen nodded.

I hope it's because Hannrong forgot to bring the key. But I couldn't rule out the possibility that Hannrong took this opportunity to report this to certain people, who are most likely not his official superiors in this building.

Chioujen looked at the back of Hannrong, who rushed away to go to his room to get the keys to the General Manager's room. The young man's movements were so fast. Not even five minutes later, Hannrong was standing before Chioujen again. He was holding a string of keys. Based on Hannrong's hand movements, it wasn't hard for Chioujen to conclude that Hannrong didn't know which was the Manager's room key from the string of keys. After four tries, the door opened.

Chioujen was slightly surprised. Unexpectedly, the room was dirty. There was a thick layer of dust all over the room.

"Sorry, Sir! This is how it is. I never opened this room, so I never cleaned it either."

"Your boss didn't tell you to clean this room?"

My boss said that I don't need to clean this room because no one is using it."

"Don't you feel strange about such an order?"

"It's a little strange, Sir. But I try not to ask too many questions."

Chioujen nodded. "All right! It's all right. I've been in dirtier rooms than this many times."

They entered the room. Hannrong looked confused at the atmosphere in the room. It was apparent that he didn't know where the files were supposed to be stored.

I think you'd better go back, Hannrong. Let me look for it myself." Chioujen felt sorry for the young man.

"Okay, Sir!" Hannrong didn't argue at all.

"Hold on! Can you bring me a rag and duster?"

"Yes, Sir!"

Hannrong went to get the things Chioujen asked for. About five minutes later, he was back again with the cleaning tools. When Hannrong tried to clean the room, Chioujen stopped him. "No! Just let me do it. You go back to the reception desk."

"Okay, Sir!" Hannrong nodded respectfully.

1