Chapter 44: Unknown Lands
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I awoke to a strong smell of sea waters which only grew by the second.

I could hear men hollering with or at each other, and something sitting, swaying in the waters. 

The time my blindfold was removed was when I found myself on the shore of vicious waters, and a boat filled with purplish white men in torn sailor outfits. These men had two saber teeth, and their blonde loc hair rested on their husky shoulders.

The thick boat hoisted yellow and white striped sails with a skull blazoned on it, and a few other people were being raised and thrown on board. 

The sheer size of the boat gave me chills along with my pain throbbing in my skull.

There was also another boat further down the shore, but I could hardly tell who was being raised into the boat. 

“__.” Said a large purple man, picking me up and raising me to a few men on board the ship. 

The ship was occupied with furnaces and many young elves and humans, restrained by stone cuffs with unfamiliar words engraved in them. 

I tried using my magic, but it was to no avail. 

One purple man kicked me towards the crowd, which was now being redirected into the lower section of the boats through two hatches. 

We were all crammed inside a scorching hot room. Air was a commodity at this point, and so was space. 

The roof barely gave us room to stand, and the stench of sweaty bodies reeked throughout along with the cries of women and children.

I asked people around me if they knew what was happening, but the only response I received was a few piercing stares.

The purple men closed the hatches and shouted once more before the boat began to sway even more and make progress. 

My pains began to settle down little by little, but the confusion gave me mild headaches, and I started to grow a hunger and thirst. 

__

Nothing good has happened since. I couldn’t even track how long it’s been since I was kidnapped. 

Many died around me through different causes.

Few died on board, withering away to the harsh boat’s sways and the vicious waves colliding against it, disposing water at our feets making us much colder than we were originally. 

Others died trying to escape as they tried fitting through small and tight windows and jumped off board. They would ultimately meet consequential punishment by being lashed by a thorny whip by the purple men, either dying in the process or dying later from succumbing to their injuries.

We were rarely fed and given water, and we’d usually end up fighting for more food.

I was also one of them, fighting the sick men and women for any other food I could obtain. 

I recalled it sickly and inhumane of me as I guiltily feasted on their bread. 

__

My body ached, and I swore I’ve been seeing things like ghosts of Ceday and my deceased friends haunting me as if they didn’t haunt me in my dreams enough before I was kidnapped. 

The ghosts ceased when the boat shook profusely, and the purple men from above began shouting and crying.

“___! ___!” They cried.

*bang*

The boat nearly flipped over as something hit the side of the boat.

I rose to my feet and made my way to the hatches to see what was happening, only to find the skies filled with thunderous clouds and something… monstrous…

“Holy… shit…” I mumbled, my dry lips unsticking from each other.

Large tentacles that looked as if they touched the clouds surrounded the boat, and the seas were filled with cries and humming of a hollow tune from the bottom of the ocean. 

I shook on the hatch along with a few other people, and we all cried to be set free as if we could do anything. 

The purple men readied their bows and cannons and fired at the tentacles.

*BOOM*

*whiiz*

It was all fruitless as it deflected off the tentacles and fell into the sea. 

A monstrous black hand grasped the side of the boat, and I could feel the boat itself sinking. 

A few purple men opened the hatches, grabbed the women and children, and threw them overboard.

Rain bombarded our faces, adding to our tense faces.

I climbed up the hatch, nearly slipping back down by the slippery surface, plodding around, clueless. 

The very next moment, one of the 8 tentacles surrounding us slammed into the boat, completely destroying the boat and nearly everyone on it.

I was flung further out into the sea along with planks of wood from the boat, which was now almost entirely sunken into the dark waters. 

I caught a glimpse of two large, burning red, pupiless eyes glowing in the sea before I hit the water hard and blacked out.

__
I spat sand out of my mouth as my crusty eyes shot open, and I gasped and reached for air. 

My vision was blurred, but I could make out the shores around me. 

Where am I?
My attempt to stand miserably failed as I fell and ate sand, spitting it out my dry mouth once again. 

My ears caught a hiss in the sharp wind that caressed my crusty, sweaty hair. 

I used most of my strength to raise my head only to find a large man standing 30 meters away from me, almost frozen in place. 

However, the more my vision came into focus, the more I’d notice something was off about this man.

Sure, he had purple skin just like the men on the ship had, but this man had something completely distinguishable from them.

A disfigured, slimy spoiled octopus looking head latched onto the man, replacing the man’s head. 

His stance appeared very unbalanced, unusual to my eyes.

Unaware if this man was friendly or dangerous, I called for help.

I would soon be aware of whether his intentions were good or not when he snarled as he sprinted towards me, reaching out ahead of him, stumbling with every step.

Help me…

To add to the situation, a low, harmonious flute played amongst the trees scattered along, further ahead of the beach.

*whizz*

“Guhh!” The man- or thing- growled, suddenly falling face-down into the sand, and to never move a muscle again.

I could see a thick dart sticking from this man’s back, and a few other men in the distance rose from the trees. 

And as much as I tried staying awake, I just couldn’t, and I blacked out yet again.

1