[Vol. 3 pt. 61] Patch 11.0: A New Home
4k 1 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I guess I should probably finally tell you all what the plan is,” Fenrir says. “It’s pretty selfish that I’ve been keeping it secret, though I think some of you might have an idea already.”

Everybody currently in-game has been gathered on The Shoebill’s deck.

Azalabulia and Rao look the most confused out of everybody.

“So, to the east of the empire’s territory is a sort of peninsula which we should find in a few days as long as The Shoebill repairs her mast and Tab’s engine keeps on working. The whole continent it’s attached to is, from what I was told back in the city, covered in extremely tall mountains full of dangerous monsters and world bosses,” Fenrir explains.

“I know where you’re talking about. It’s where Livia sends her archangels to train, and where she gets the dragon mounts for her dragon knights,” Cassiel says.

“Yeah, same mountain range, but we’re going to be near the east end of it. On the far side of it, facing toward the ocean where nobody has made it past the serpent, is some prime land.”

“If you’re talking about what I think you’re talking about, Livia set up some towns there to help exploration efforts into the Eastern ocean, but they called for independence and she couldn’t be bothered with getting them back since they weren’t actually helping at all in the first place.”

“Yep. Same place. A few towns scattered around there that have declared independence, and according to rumors, they’re all pretty friendly with each other. No fighting, no wars, no trying to screw each other over – just a bunch of players enjoying life away from all the main factions.”

“Why do you want to go there?” Serra asks.

“Because it’s boring there.”

His reason causes the crewmembers to tilt their heads in confusion.

“Which makes it the best place to set up a haven for AIs,” he continues. “Don’t you think it’d be fun to build our own town over there where we can just do whatever we want? And it’ll be a safe place where all AI-controlled characters are welcome to come and live in peace. Plus, if we ever do want to go and adventure or fight monsters or anything, we’ll be at the base of mountains full of those. We won’t have to worry about the big factions or other wanting to kill us just for existing, it’s kind of secluded, it’s on a coast with an unexplored ocean in front of it and mountains full of adventure and monsters behind it, and there are other, friendly towns nearby that would probably be willing to help us out.”

Rao points a finger up and looks like a light bulb is shining above his head. “So that’s why you want me! You want me to help you plan and build the place, right, bro?” he asks.

“Right. Your timing for meeting us was perfect since, between you and Tabs, all of the town’s planning and constructing will be handled.”

“Fen, it’s more dangerous there than you think,” Cassiel says. “Tons of sea monsters, and some players have even said that the Eastern serpent has attacked along the coast.”

“I know, but we’ve got somebody who knows how to befriend serpents,” Fenrir says, looking at Nell whom smiles when she realizes what he’s saying.

“I will try my best!” Nell announces.

“Plus, I’m part serpent myself now thanks to her, and we’ve already got a friendly serpent coming along with us. She’ll have plenty of food over there. Just… we won’t be allowed to make any rowboats.”

“Why?” Cassiel asks.

“I’ll explain later, but seriously, no rowboats.”

“So, is there anything you want me and Serra to do? What about Azalabulia? Olly?”

“Well, even if Rao and Tabs can handle all the technical stuff, we’re still going to need people helping out. Plus, you can just do whatever you want there. We can build our own houses, go gathering or exploring – whatever. Think of it as setting up a new base on land for us. The Shoebill here is our base on the sea, and this town will be our base on land. We can even set up some walls with cannons on them for Serra.”

Serra’s eyes sparkle as she smiles.

“Olly, you can set up a gay bar if you want, and Aza, you could… assert your dominance over any lesser beings whom may try to attack us?” Fenrir suggests.

Both Oleander and Azalabulia approve.

“Sounds like you’ve got it figured out, Fenny,” Oleander says. “It’s going to be a while before we get there, so can we please set up a better schedule for steering our girl here? I’m going to throw you overboard if you make me, Cor, and Tabs do all the steering until we get there.”

“I promise that I’ll help out more. Sorry about making you do most of it on your own for this trip,” Fenrir apologizes.

“Sorry,” Cassiel joins in. “I could have been helping out too, and it’s partly my fault that he’s been too busy to come help.”

Oleander blinks a few times at Cassiel. “You feeling alright, Cass Cass?” he asks her. “You haven’t called Fenny a bastard in like, hours, and you’re… I don’t know.”

Cassiel blushes and looks like she’s about to shout at him to tell him to shut up, but she forces herself to behave normally and instead sighs. “I’m alright. Just… making a change.”

“I’ll be your cheerleader, Cass Cass. You can do it!”

Cassiel really looks like she wants to threaten to kill him for a moment, but after sighing once more, she smiles and even laughs a bit at his silly cheerleading.

“I must admit, my hero, I am quite excited. I have only ever heard of the Eastern serpent, and I would love to meet him!” Nell says.

“You’re familiar with him?” Fenrir asks. “He’s a him?”

“Indeed! I have heard that he is a ferocious serpent whom loves to devour any and all wooden vessels that he sees. He does not do so out of defense nor hunger, but instead for fun! A very sadistic and cruel serpent from my understanding.”

Wait. This sounds familiar.

Fenrir is fairly certain that if their own serpent was present and listening in on the conversation she would be whistling and looking away.

Well, hopefully, she’ll be able to talk her predecessor out of eating The Shoebill once they get over there.

“Should we tell Tabs and Cor next time we see them, or do want to keep it secret from them still?” Oleander asks.

“We can let them know. I don’t even really know why I was keeping it secret in the first place,” Fenrir answers.

“Because you were worried about them getting mad and rejecting your plan like Bonekraka would have, onii-chan,” Saya tells him.

“Thanks for reminding me that my subconscience is a thing,” Fenrir thinks back to her.

“While we sail eastward to develop our new home there, we shall deal with the situation of your home in the real world, my hero!” Nell declares, taking Fenrir’s hands into her own. “I just need to discuss the topic with my father first. I may need him to see if there are any castles in your city, or at the very least, locate a mansion for us.”

“…we’re not moving into a castle or a mansion. I don’t think there even are any of those here, definitely not castles. All the mansions are up north where all the rich moved to.”

“How will we have enough space for all of our future children without a mansion?”

Aiko may have some problems, Cassiel may be working on her own problems as well, but when it comes to Nell – well, Nell’s speed and fantasies are far too ingrained in her being to change. The look in her eyes tells him that she genuinely does not believe there is anything wrong, even jokingly, regarding what she just said.

“Children?” Azalabulia asks. “H-how many do you all want?”

“Like nine at least,” Serra says.

Fenrir forgets if that’s the same number she originally told him but, even if it is, it’s high enough to scare him no matter how many times she might state it.

“I think I would be fine with five of my own! Three boys and two girls sounds perfect,” Nell says.

“I – I’m… j-just one is… fine, may-maybe two,” Cassiel says with a face burning bright red, unable to look at anybody.

“Fifty,” Oleander says.

Fenrir smacks Oleander on the back of his head.

“What about you, bro?” Rao asks Fenrir.

“I don’t think how many I want matters when I’ve got two girlfriends who both want a bunch of kids,” Fenrir answers. “I always pictured myself having three or four kids, though.” He looks at the one whom asked the question, Azalabulia, and notices her awkwardly fidgeting around and playing with her fingers. “What about you?”

“Three – three or four sounds nice,” Azlabulia says. “I have a class of twenty-six, so I know how to handle children.”

“Ooh, you’re a teacher? What grade?”

Azalabulia turns red when she realizes that she’s given away some of her identity. But, with a sigh, she answers his question as she’s already let him know her job. “Kindergarten. I… don’t have the license for VR-assisted teaching, so… I work in an old school kindergarten that works directly with the children without any technology between us.”

“That’s pretty awesome. Do you enjoy it?”

“I do! The children are wonderfu—” Azalabulia looks around. Everybody is looking at her and listening to her every word.

Needless to say, she goes off on a tangent about darkness, dragons, and conquering the world.

79