Chapter 31 The 7 year old Hokage
974 1 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Itachi POV

Lately, Sasuke has been acting strange.

Not in a particularly peculiar manner, but he seems to be training much harder than he had done prior.

I have been too busy with my work lately, to pay too much attention to his progress.

However, I could still fully realize that the speed of his progress is far greater than before.

... Someone, had to be giving him some assistance or at least a few pointers.

His movements at times showed more dexterity, than they had in the past month. 

This is not something, one can easily accomplish without proper guidance.

Especially, under such a small timeframe.

I tried to give him some privacy and not dig deeper into it, in order to respect his efforts....but sometimes; his movements do remind me of Shisui's a little.

However, as far as I know, Shisui, is also too busy with missions to steadily train Sasuke himself.

Although, he is always too busy. I know that today he should have some free time.

That is why, I have to ask him today.

...........

.......

...

- Hey there, Itachi!(Shisui)

- Shisui, thank you so much for coming today in such a short notice.

I bowed after I greeted Shisui.

- it's nothing, don't mind. You are as polite as always.(Shisui)

- Sorry.

- It's fine, it's fine. But Itachi, it is really unusual for you to call me on such a short notice.(Shisui)

-...It is about Sasuke. Lately, he seems to have made quite a remarkable progress in his training.

- Really?! I'd expect no less from your little brother! (Shisui)- Shisui gave me a warm smile after he uttered those words.

- Thank you, for your kind words. However, it seems rather too fast and he is clearly been training under someone's guidance.

-Someone's guidance? Hmm? If you don't know who it is... I am guessing it is not someone from the clan.(Shisui)

- Actually, after your answer... I thought I did but, now I am even more concerned.

- !? What do you mean?(Shisui)

- It was my understanding that he was perhaps training under you, or you gave him something to guide him in his training.

Those were the most logical options.

- I wouldn't do such a thing. If I were to help Sasuke-kun with his training, I would have talked with you first or trained him when I have more time to work with. Every time, I have helped Sasuke-kun train was when we were all together.(Shisui)

- So it is really not Shisui...(but then...who might it be? Should I spy on Sasuke just be sure?)

-Hmm...Oh! Perhaps...(Shisui)

-Shisui?

Shisui, then started rambling about something...by the looks of it, he is not too sure himself.

- I did help someone train lately but it wasn't Sasuke-kun.(Shisui)

- Who might that be?

(To think Shisui would help train some...they must be quite gifted.)

- It is no one worth worrying about, and it was only for a few hours. But....I did give him a notebook detailing my training. It was a notebook that I had written when I was younger, to help with my training at the time.(Shisui)

-...but, why?

- The boy had a certain amount of talent and perseverance, he also seems to be training under Might Guy-san.(Shisui)

-...Under Might Guy-san...I did not know, that he had found himself an apprentice.

(To think Guy-san had an apprentice...that child must be something else. It may not be a bad thing for Sasuke's development...and he has almost no friends his own age.)

- From what he told me, it seems that he is not a full-on apprentice; but he is sometimes helped in his training by Guy-san.(Shisui)

-...but still, I find it hard to understand as to why you would give him that notebook.

- He reminded me a bit of someone I knew, but I mainly gave it to him because he was quite mature for his age. At some point, I even suspected that he might have been a very gifted foreign shinobi. One very good at the transformation jutsu. Or  that someone nefarious, had put him under a very advanced genjutsu...but I found out that it wasn't true, after a few minutes of watching him. All those doubts were cleared away...I felt a bit guilty for thinking that about him... maybe, that is why I gave him the notebook and after some little digging on his past... I felt even worse. hahaha- Shisui started to laugh slightly to ease out the tension but I could tell what he had told me was genuine.

He must have felt truly bad, after doing some digging into that child's past...What could there possibly be in such a young boy's past to make him feel that way?

- You felt bad?

-...Seems that his mother died a day after or a few hours before the kyuubi's attack. Due to that, they have no records of his family and no one ever came to claim him. Not only that, but he was almost burned alive during that incident...It is a miracle, that he is even alive to this day. If the rescue team was a few moments late, I dread to imagine what his fate would have been.(Shisui)

-...I see.

Shisui, then looked into my eyes and for a slight moment, I could tell that something disturbed him for an instant.

-What is it, Shisui?

-...I think...no, probably not.  Nothing, really... I thought that I might have been overthinking...but now looking at you, Itachi, I may have found another reason. M-maybe I was right even...(Shisui)

Shisui's words were making even less sense to me as time passed.

- I-I don't understand...

- Ah! Sorry. Sorry. It's just your eyes and eyelashes.(Shisui)

-...My eyes and eyelashes?- I say it, while touching my face with my left hand and feeling totally puzzled for a brief instant.

- Right, I meant to say your eyes are very similar to his... to a certain degree. Even down to the eyelashes...Hmm...more or less. I could never tell it before, because he has a patchwork of black and white hair but now...yes. You do resemble each other...a bit.(Shisui)

-Really? That is quite peculiar....I am slightly curious now.

Truly, a curious event. Maybe that is why Sasuke was able to form a friendship bond with someone around his own age so fast.

-Do you truly believe Sasuke's progress had to do with...what was his name again?

-Homura...and I believe it does. He has a habit of coming to the clan's far away training grounds, even though I wish he wouldn't...especially as of late...(Shisui)

-....

I could only look at Shisui. I wasn't able to utter a single word, because I am also at a loss on how to proceed.

Yes, the situation within the clan is...

- *sigh* with that said, Itachi, I'm sorry but I have to go now. Hope I was of help.(Shisui)

- Yes. Thank you for your time Shisui.

I bowed to him once again.

- Don't mind, well then I will see you later Itachi... (Shisui)

After uttering those words Shisui left the premises.

(I was going to investigate further, but since Shisui mentioned that there was nothing to

be worried about...besides it will be good for Sasuke to be with people his own age for once.)

***********************************

**********************

************

****

MC POV

-Dude! you need to raise your arm a few inches more to the right! At this point, you're making this on purpose!

- Be quiet! (Sasuke)

(I hate this guy...)

Chapter end

34