Chapter 39 The cycle of pain!
800 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

MC POV

(Here we go!) Ha!

*TAP*

Homura jumped from a quite tall tree and immediately started falling towards the ground.

As he was falling down, he took three kunai from his tool pouch and threw them towards 3 different directions, within the split of a second.

(...just have to aim the next ones about...NOW!)

Then he turned his body and twisted around, and threw 3 other kunais towards the 3 kunais that he had thrown prior.

Each of the first sets of kunais that he had thrown, was aimed toward 3 completely different directions with extreme finesse.

*klic*

*klic*

*klic*

The second set of Kunais thrown, each hit the first set of kunai that he had thrown.

This caused the kunais to change paths, due to bouncing against each other and split towards different x marks on the ground.

All of this had transpired before Homura had a chance to hit the ground.

Being able to bounce shuriken and kunais off each other is a fundamental skill pertaining to the art of shurikenjutsu.

Homura himself is not quite good at it but with the use of his supercomputing skill it makes the whole process far more bearable.

When his skill is activated it, he has no problem with calculating the timing.

The sensation that he experiences when guided by the skill, is quite uncomfortable and unnatural, to say the least. It almost feels like his arms are being moved by an external force or the feeling of having someone guiding him by force. Or at least he feels compelled to follow that force that warps around himself and guides him to do as he is told.

However, the part about putting the necessary effort to aim well and judging the amount of strength needed is far more taxing on the mind and body.

Especially when he is free-falling towards the ground, but the help that it provides him is far more beneficial than his normal reach could ever allow him to do; not with his tiny arms and legs.

All these factors are what allowed him to perform such a difficult trick at such a young age.

However, it is still a far cry from what Itachi is able to pull off within the canon, without the use of any tricks or the Sharingan, and with targets at a far greater distance...in other words, he still has a good couple of years before he could ever attempt to perform such feats with ease or without any help at all.

Otherwise, he would be an unparalleled genius that far surpassed Itachi and all weapon masters out there, if he could perform feats of that level at such a young age.

It was only a few seconds after every kunai had hit the ground that Homura finally managed to land.

-Woah! That was so cool! But you missed one target! (Takao)

- Urgh...(So embarrassing! I even tried to make a superhero landing)...*Cough* *Cough*, It seems that I still have much to learn, but this level should be enough for the academy; for now (saved it!)

-Ehhh, really?(Takao)

-(Damn brat! Can you at least pretend that you believed me?!) *Sigh* Takao, at my current skill level in shurikenjutsu, they would give me the top grades in the whole academy(...maybe I went too far in my bragging. Cool guys should be more humble and pretend that everything they do is effortless.)

-Hey do you think that I can do the same if I try it?!(Takao)

-(..so, he ignored me...) forget it! At your current level, you'd just break your neck while hitting the ground.

- Eeh?! No way! Just let me try!(Takao)

- No way! (Especially not now that your grandma knows my face.)

- Buuh! Itsuki is a liar! You liar! Ugly! Baldy! (Takao)

- Don't call me Bald! (My hair is short but not that short, right?...maybe, I should grow my hair more?...but anime hairstyles seem quite hard to maintain, but perhaps I should grow it longer and cut some for the purpose of analyzing my DNA, later on...It's not a bad idea.)

-Pfft!!! Whatever I can do it! I am going to do it and ace it! Like a boss! Don't underestimate my talent! I am far stronger now than I was a few months ago!(Takao)

-...hm...I don't know about that. But I know that if you fail and hurt yourself, before taking you to the hospital...YOU WILL BE PUNCHED IN THE FACE!!!!

-  Hiiii!!!!!!(Takao)

- Get ready! I want you to use your skills in shurikenjutsu to cut the rope off all the target signs on that tree!!!! (bastard trying to cause me more trouble than he is worth...but I like this feeling of having power over someone. Maybe, I should form a team of people that I can boss around.)

-Yes!!!(Takao)

-(Uchihas...really do respect power, huh?! I knew that...but it is incredible how this guy started to respect me after, he saw my skills improving. Will he turn his back on me, if I somehow get irreparably hurt?)

Homura, wondered if relationships in this world could be maintained the same way as they were in his last world.

He is technically related to no one by blood, so he was free from the burden of having to care about another person's well being...but the same applied to him too.

Thus, he always wondered if the bonds between himself and the people he knew in the village, were real and were worth maintaining, but not that he wanted to put it to the test.

But meeting Takao and now his grandmother, he realized that he never felt truly secure and happy...perhaps he was starting to feel a little bit of jealousy towards the kid...not that he was fully aware of the entire picture.

His feelings were a mess that he never could fully understand everything about himself...but meeting Naruto, and having to prepare for the future in order to survive the best way he could...he had or has to make sacrifices and choices that will put him at odds with many people that he knew or will meet in the near future.

Thus, was it even necessary to forge bonds if he had to cut them and leave the village regardless of what he wanted and needed to do?...It was a conundrum, especially since he had no idea of how far he would go. For all he knew he could die tomorrow or any other day.

At the moment he had no sense of security in Konoha, although the village was safe and overall peaceful, the darkness hiding beneath the same said village was too great to fully ignore and pretend it didn't exist.

-(...People don't really get how huge Konoha truly is from watching the anime...but Konoha is Huge! Damn huge! It takes me almost 2 hours to come here. It's not like I am rushing or anything, but I use my time wisely. So in all fairness, it doesn't even take me that long to come here since I usually hang around this area.)

Homura looked in Takao's direction to see how well he was doing, but his aim was still a far cry...not having a cheat-like ability is really hard. Even with talent, it would be hard for such a young child to be able to cut the rope off all the targets without having to try quite hard.

-aarg! Missed! Again! (Takao)

Homura, left Takao to his devices since he had quite a bit of free time before he would have to deal with the boy again.

-(I lived in this village for 5 years already and I have never even seen the door of the village that Izumo and.....the other dude guard.

I have been pretty close to it due to Naruto's addiction, to ramen... it is actually quite amazing.)

thought, the boy while remembering a scene of Naruto eating. Which was quite the feat coming from such a young boy. Homura, could never even dream of attempting the same feat without getting sick.

-(I wonder if the same thing would happen to me if I tried to integrate Naruto's DNA with my own... I am poor...so perhaps it is a good thing that I have no plans to steal Naruto's DNA anytime soon.)

Homura, didn't want to steal Naruto's DNA this early within this specific period of their lives.

He wasn't fully sure, but there was a...let's call a theory that Naruto had so much Chakra due to having the kyuubi inside of himself.

It is said that Naruto kept transforming some of the Kyuubi's chakra into his own.

Although, it was really something that he could totally agree with, however, some of the feats that Naruto performed in the manga gave credit to this idea.

If that was true, then it would be better to wait.

Theoretically, he had almost nothing to lose and so much more to gain, thus it was worth the wait...especially when it concerned about obtaining the chakra of a jinchuriki.

- hm...that kid already got 3 down, just a few minutes to go- muttered, Homura. However it was inaudible enough that no one unless being really close to himself could possibly catch any of the things he said.

However, the Uchiha crest on takao's back did make Homura wonder a few things about this clan.

-(The Uchiha clan like most major clans, live pretty far away within the village...they have so much space to train and do god knows what. That is why shikamaru's clan have a forest just for them...I think the Aburame has 1 too or is it their training grounds or insect breeding farm  or something of the sort; but I don't really remember...I have never even seen those guys within the village as of yet...so, I can't really confirm anything.

But what do you expect from a place where the forest of death is only the 44th training ground? Not sure if that is within the village or not but it has to be at least next to it...otherwise, it means that during the chunin exam; they had to leave the village for a while before having to take the second exam.

Which could be true but very unlikely, however if the former is true than that puts to question....JUST HOW STRONG IS PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!???????

Just how powerful is that Shinra Tensei technique, to be able to wipe out 90 percent of the village's in shippudden...If konoha sent like 10,000 ninjas or something during the shinobi world war...He must have killed about 20,000 to 50,000 people or something!

If we contrast that number with it being that for each shinobi there are at least 4 normal people, then the results are quite impressive!

Then again, Madara is able to  summon giant meteors...so, who even knows anymore.

To be fair those techniques aren't really ninjutsu...but then again, what does even count as ninjutsu?

No! Better, yet! what even is ninjutsu? Besides, the bullsh*t logic that is chakra...is that truly all there is to it? Do Jugo's berserker lasers count as ninjutsu or senjutsu...In fact, what  even is senjutsu? Just NaturaI energy!?

So, that alien tree eats natural energy to produce a chakra fruit, but then natural energy makes chakra-based attacks stronger?

...that seems redundant...in fact just how can a fruit, no matter how alien it may be, be even able to hold the spiritual energy that is need to create chakra?...But then again that tree is also a monster, so maybe it's like how fuinjutsu works? Except I don't how that works!... It's hopeless! I give up!  If you really think about it, logic starts to break apart...I am not really that smart anyways, so I don't quite get it; but then again interdimensional aliens made it with technology I can't even dream of understanding...?!!!

Are they actually very smart? Seems like a waste to simply fighting and killing them. We could probably learn a lot from them...but then again, all the something-shikis seemed like morons who got outsmarted and killed by the hairless apes that they dislike and look down upon so much...so, who even knows anymore.

Hmm, now that I think all of them got killed except for kaguya who was sealed, twice!...Is that because she's like everybody great, great, grandma that she wasn't killed?

Will this world also have 2 moons?

Is that why Raikage wanted to blast the old moon? Was it too many moons?

So many questions....hm? Wait a second! Am I remembering it wrong?  Wasn't Kaguya sealed into a moon inside one of her dimensions?)

-hey Itsuki! Itsuki! look I did it!(Takao)

Homura was so focused on his own thoughts that he did not even pay attention to what was happening around him.

- look at me!(Takao)

Homura is quite adept at tuning out things that he has no interest to him, sadly that includes everyone he knows.

Takao is not the exception, but only a single person in a very long list of people that Homura held no respect towards.

-look! I awakened my Sharingan!(Takao)

- Sh-SHA-what!?

Homura looked at Takao with renewed fervor, wondering if what he had heard was correct or he simply had misunderstood the young boy.

But all he saw in front of him, was Takao rubbing his eyes.

-Look! Sharingan!(Takao)

*BUMP*

-Haaaa!!!! That hurts!!!!!

Homura's left fist fell down against that kid's head faster than even he had realized it...he almost felt bad for doing so... keyword being, almost.

- That's what you get for pulling that stupid stunt!

- It was funny!!!!-Said Takao, with slightly bloodshot eyes.

- You disrespected our ancestors! (Not that I care about that...if I was high that would have been hilarious...but I am not high! I wish I was high! So, this just made me more frustrated instead!...4 years old kids awakening the sharingan...what a joke! No one would believe such crap...why did I even...*sigh* Whatever! I wonder when I will be able to awaken it for myself....I can't stop thinking about it.

Mastering the sharingan will be essential to move forward...maybe this kid...no, maybe his grandmother could help me...)

- sheesh! you should be nicer towards me! I carried you alone home because I thought you injured yourself...(Takao)

-Yeah thanks...I owe you one (One good beating!!!)

-See! It wasn't so hard! hehehe!(Takao)

-actually...I've been meaning to ask you about that...

-?(Takao)

-... just how exactly did you manage to carry me for that long?..(This guy isn't exactly the strongest brat I know...and its pretty far...even for me carrying this guy with my current strength level would be pretty hard it could take me at least an hour or so...)

- Ah?! That! Well I simply took the secret passage.(Takao)

- the f-...What are you talking about?

- Yeah! You know I took the passage that we all take to go to the training grounds! It is so much faster!(Takao)

-No, I don't! And, who are those "We" that you mentioned?

- Oh! Right it was umm...Shinichi, Naotaro-nii, Nagi, Kota, Kaido, Chuuya, Isa-!(Takao)

-Ok!!! Stop! Stop! I don't need you to brag about the names of everyone you know...(I recognized a few of those names in more ways than one...I definitely beat that Chuuya guy but that's another story altogether...so only the brats know about the secret entrance?)-  Said Homura while putting his left palm against his forehead.

-pfft!  I-It's not everyone I know!...And you're the one who asked...(Takao)

- Whatever, take me there!

- W-why!? You told me that we could learn shurikenjutsu all day! (Takao)

- (Did I say that?...right~~ I wanted to torture him a little bit...*sigh* but I am a bit too tired...Guy-san's new training regiment is INSANE!!! Hm? Wait! Is he torturing me? Forget being trapped in the cycle of hatred! I am trapped in a cycle of torture, disguised as training! )...ah...fine...take me there after we're done...But today it is going to be quite intensive...far more than you expect.

- Eh~~~(Takao)

- No complaints! This is for your own good! (Hehehe!...it just wouldn't be fair for me to not uphold the cycle...Somethings are worth protecting.)

Chapter end

24