Chapter 3. My First Job As a God. (1)
3.7k 21 102
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: MC}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After that notification, I am quickly going into the storage room to do my newfound (forced) responsibility.

...

The system asked: ["Ano, Jin-sama... I think this place is quite unsuitable to accepting incoming souls."]

Don't worry, This place will do. I mean I could just change the interior of everything in this room to European style along with furniture which should be made it looks luxurious and put all the ingredients in storage space or something like that.

*ZAP*

...

And the room exactly changed to what I wanted. God's power is surely very convenient to use.

["Ah, you already get a better hang of your own power."]

...

Anyway, I need to do this quickly because it is already late at night, and I want to sleep after dealing with all this bullshit.

["Actually you don't sleep, or eat anyway. Or even breathing since you have become a God."]

...

I will pretend to not hear that system since you know I want to stay being human as much as possible. I won't abuse any of my power and will do my best to be a normal human. 

It means there would be no reading people's minds or controlling them, looking at the future, or anything that possibly looks at people's privacy. 

Obviously, I don't want to overuse my power too much either.

...

["You are really stubborn, Jin-sama. "] The system commented to me.

Whatever. This role is forced into me. 

I can do anything I want right?

["Indeed it is."] 

Then it is fine. I wish to not use my power, and try my best to be a professional restaurant owner as always.

["*Sigh* Then as your assistance, I will also help you limit your obvious aura and auto-locking some ability that might make you not being human."]

Thank you system, you are the best.

Alright, let's do this. Let's call the first soul.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: Jack Harrison}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

....!!

I can't believe that happen...

Aria stabbed me in my sleep!

Did I do something wrong? I don't remember anything! 

Why she does do that to me, I mean... I am doing what normally I do, working my ass in that black company, and then going home immediately without straying anywhere.

Is she going after my money? I doubt it. I am a salesman, I don't have much wealth on me. 

Besides, that's probably not worth it since I am sure cops going to hunt her down after she killed me, and soon the cops would capture her and send her to prison for a long time.

Though... I am still really confused. What is her reason for killing me? I am pretty sure we are loving each other as we have been going for 2 years, and yet why?

*Sigh*

Now looking at my current situation, I find myself floating in nothingness... Which I can't do anything except think something.

Is this afterlife? Why there is nothing?

Where is the Heaven? or Hell?

As I wondered about that, suddenly I find myself in a luxurious-looking room where usually a rich man lives.

....!!!

"Hah... Hah..." 

I can't help but take a deep breath. The feeling of pain when Aria stabbed through my chest was surreal. 

I look toward my own appearance and notice that I am looking okay, there is no blood or wound in my heart, but I am wearing a white robe instead of my clothes. 

...

"Anyway... Where I am?"

I tried to look around and find nobody else here, but then I hear a divine voice within the room.

"Welcome to Afterlife, Jack Harrison."

I can't help but yell in response: "Who's that?!"

...

Suddenly, A young man with black hair instantly appeared in front of me.

His aura screaming divine to me, and he is literally glowing... So I am sure he is... a god?

But why a god is wearing a chef uniform?

...

The young man (?) in front of me claps his hand and introduces himself: "I am Jin. Nice to meet you."

"Uh, My name is Jack. Nice to meet you too. Are you god? Did I really die?"

"Yeah, You can say that I am god. And yes, you have died."

...!!

"I see, I have really died back there and what happened was not a dream... Haha... ha... ha..."

I can't help but chuckle to myself. My pathetic life was just ended like that. Getting stabbed by my very first girlfriend without reason, sure I was just unlucky.

I slumped down on the floor and hand my head down out of depression.

...

As I still wailing about what happened to me in my last life, I hear God begin talking about the reason for my died which made me really surprised.

"I see... The reason for dying, getting stabbed by your yandere girlfriend. Man... you have it rough. My condolences, man."

What the fuck the God just say? She was yandere all this time?! 

I have dated her for 2 years and I didn't know that all! 

"My girlfriend Aria was a yandere?!"

...!!

I can't help but yell out again, even though I know the young man in front of me is fucking god!

I am screwed!

However, instead of being offended, he also got surprised and replied: "You didn't even realize that? Yandere sure are scary!"

...What the fuck?! Even a god himself actually scared of yandere?!

"Why did you are got scared even though you are god?!"

He nodded and explained: "Yandere is scary, even for a god you know?!"

"Holy shit!"

...

I can't help but feel a sense of kinship with this god. 

And without realizing it, we begin to embrace each other like best friends who just meet after a long time.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: MC}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Looking at the man who got killed by his yandere girlfriend, I can't help but feel a bit of sympathy toward him. 

He is just 6 years older than me too, he looks very nice and very kind... and yet his life ended shortly because he getting stabbed by his yandere girlfriend.

The cause?  Because his girlfriend happen to see Jack on social media, and he was taking a photo together happily with one of his pretty colleagues in his workplace. 

Literally, the cause of his death is petty jealously.

Damn.

I hope none of the girls surrounding me is one of them, considering I am working with a lot of girls around myself.

["Jin-sama, I think you just jinxed yourself."]

Oh... 

...

A-Anyway, I think it is the part where I give him an offer to reincarnate in my world and give him cheat too right?

["Yes. Don't worry about cheat selection, The original one did leave you with a 'basic cheat perk for reincarnation selection card' for you to use."]

...That's awfully convenient to use. Let's get over it.

"Uhm. Jack Harrison, you will be reincarnated aka Reborn to Theon, another world with magic and fantasy element you can think of... And I am here to give you cheat that will help you live your next life."

He becomes quiet and muttered: "Oh... Reincarnated to another world. It is isekai, huh."

"I understand, God-- No, Jin-sama."

...

Good, it seems he understands what going on here. 

Anyway system, how to use the selection card? Please help me.

The system quickly replied: ["Leave it to me!"]

*Shine*

...!!!

Immediately between me and Jack, hundred of glowing golden cards fall to the floor at the same time. 

*Scatter*

...

Instead of looking majestic, the scattered golden cards on the floor made it looks like a mess.

...

This is awkward.

The system said in an apologetic tone: ["I-I am sorry!"]

...

I corrected myself, put on a fake smile for business, and said: "U-Uh... Jack Harrison, Please choose one of the cards you want on the floor. Any card you pick will be your 'cheat' to help you live in another world with ease."

Jack seems to understand my predicament and replied: "I-I see... Thank you, god-sama."

After saying that, he immediately looked at every card on the floor and compared them to each other.

...

"Super Strength... Ability Copy... Super Agility... They all really look helpful..."

...

This will take a while for him, I guess.

In meantime, I can experiment with my own power while he can think and pick the ability he wants to bring with him.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After like an hour of waiting for him, he finally pick up one of the cards available.

"Jin-sama, I pick this card containing Charismatic EX skill as my ability!"

=====================

[Charismatic EX: Ability to make user passively extremely likable to others, easier to communicate and friend with anything the user desired, and this ability even help on taming animals!]

=====================

This ability sounds really good. However, somehow I got a very bad feeling about it which I can't help but ask: "Why you didn't pick more... power-related ability?"

He shook his head and said: "I don't want to be mercenary or adventure in my next life. In my previous life, I was a salesman, then in my next life I will use my talent to become a successful merchant!"

I nodded at his explanation, fair enough. He was an experienced salesman, so it does make sense he could become a merchant in another world.

He continued his explanation: "Also, For protection as a merchant, I could try tame wild magical animal to protect me and with that, I don't even need to fight! Very good plan, right?"

Again, I nodded at what he had just explained.

The man itself looks very confident about what he picked up so it should be alright.

The bad feeling is still there, but meh... probably nothing.

...

"I see, then we are ready to reincarnate you to another world." I said to him, to which he quickly nodded showing his agreement.

System, please do the next procedure.

["Affirmative."]

As I told the system, the man in front of me suddenly glowed, and then a portal to another world appeared below him, sucking him slowly.

*SHINE*

...!!

"Enjoy your next life, Jack Harrison."

"Thank you, Jin-sama!"

...

And a few seconds later, the man in front of me is gone.

The first reincarnated soul procedure is done!

["Good job, Jin-sama. We seem to have 3 more souls in the queue so please keep up the good work."]

Sigh, I guess I won't be got any time to sleep tonight.

["As I said, it is not like you need to sleep anyway, Jin-sama."] The system retorted.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[Intermission: Why didn't memory wipe the reincarnator.]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(MC): "As the title of this intermission said, why we don't wipe out reincarnator memory of their past life?"

(System): ["Are you stupid, Jin-sama? Of course, they wouldn't be reincarnator if they are forgetting all of their identities of past life. That's the basic perk of being reincarnator after all."]

(MC): "But some of reincarnator might prefer to do so. Like... I think Jack Harrison would have nightmares because... you know how he has died. I am not surprised if he becomes phobia toward girls in his second life."

(System): ["Well... we can't do anything about that. It is the rules, Jin-sama. He should just pray that his past life girlfriend wouldn't come to the world too later."]

(MC): "...."

(System): ["..."]

(MC): "...You mean she will come for him then. Poor him."

(System): ["...I think you should also look around yourself better too, Jin-sama."]

(MC): "What do you mean?  I don't think I got any yandere girl around me. I am pretty sure about it."

(System): ["Tsk... Tsk... Tsk... Well, don't say that I didn't warn you."]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

No editor so tell me if there was something wrong. I will only upload 3 chapters today just to show what kind of story I want to write here.

102