Chapter 4. My First Job As a God. (2)
3.2k 8 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: Quile Dreadwork}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Fighting against millions or hundreds of millions of demons horde in hell, finally, I have succumbed to my fatal wound that not even my regeneration 'blessing' from gods can keep up with it.

Finally... I was released from my suffering.

Yes, I am finally dead.

And I am sure that I am currently really dead because I was floating in nothingness and I can feel.. nothing.

...

This feels terrible because I can't do anything but I would pick this situation anytime than fighting a hundred million demons nonstop in the hell.

...

I wonder what kind of god would I meet in dead? I didn't know any gods who handle the soul after death back then... 

As I pondering about that, suddenly I find myself waking up in a luxurious, elegant-looking room... and I also notice that I am not alone.

A glowing young man with a weird uniform in front of me looking at me and he seems even wait for me. His face looks troubled, though it must be because he is tired of waiting for me.

After all, God didn't like to wait.

"Hah..."

I tried to take a breath, yes I am breathing.

After that, I quickly stand up and look at him warily. My appearance seems nothing changed except my clothes becomes white robe and I also didn't feel any constant pain and hatred I had back in the past world. 

I wonder if the young man in front of me does something with that?

His aura screamed divine to me, as he is literally glowing in shining gold. 

He must be a god, but why he looks so young? I have met a lot of gods and most of them are either sexy women or old men with long beards. And not to mention his weird clothes.

The young man in front of me also made my instinct scream don't fight him, so it means he is overwhelmingly stronger than me. Even more than the Chief God that has cursed me in the past.

Since he didn't say anything, I tried to ask him: "Are you, god? Are you here to revive me back?"

He shook his head and said something that I couldn't believe at all: "...Knowing your circumstances, I am sorry about your past. But don't worry, I won't revive you back to your own world. Instead, I will send you to my world with a much peaceful situation than your past world."

...!!

"...Are you serious? Do you expect me to believe that!? Nice try, God!"

...

I won't believe his word at all!! 

I quickly prepare my fighting stance to fight out for my freedom. Even I didn't have any weapon, I will not give up!

I know very well that gods can't be trusted. 

They are being that do whatever they want on their own whim, and almost all of them are egoistic and love to play with their own subject.

Even I know the god in front of me is impossible to fight, I won't come back to that shitty world!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: MC}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

...This is rough.

After checking the reason for his death, I can't help but feel sorry for him.

You can tell by looking at him, his aura screamed war veteran, and his eyes are someone who has experienced a lot of suffering in his life.

He was 'cursed' by the chief of local god in his world to fight the endless demons in hell for literally a hundred years? 

I can't imagine how much suffering he has experienced. 

The gods in that world used this man's hatred toward demons and then made him their tool to fight demons' kin for eternity. 

They promise him the power to fight demons so he could revenge his wife and daughter dead, but what they do to him was empower his hatred, mutate his body, and give him a forced duty to eradicate demons as their apostle (slave).

The local gods have scammed him and it cost him almost his entire life.

No wonder he ended to not believing in God at all, and because of that, it is clear that he won't trust anything I said to him.

Is there any way to make him believe what I said? This will be difficult to proceed if he keeps looking at me with hostility.

["You can try to erase his memory, brainwash him, or do something that proves your genuine sincerity, Jin-sama."] The system quickly replied.

...

I like your last idea, system.

I hold my chin and asked him: "W-Wait, Uhm... Is there any way for me to prove myself that I don't have any hostile intention to you?"

He didn't let his guard down and quickly replied: "No. Unless you just let me die peacefully and didn't revive me back. I don't mind floating back again in that nothingness."

"Ugh... I can't do that."

...This job become surprisingly hard, damn it!

*Sigh*

I take a deep breath and said: 

"Please, believe me, I just want to send you to the new world, not send you back to your past world."

He spits to the side and replied: "I won't believe you... But if you insist, you should make a death contract with me and I will at least try to believe anything you will say."

A contract of what?

["It is like an agreement between parties, and if one of the parties broke the agreement, they will suffer the  direct recursions from it."] The system quickly explain.

That sounds scary! Death contract means I would die if I did break the agreement!

The system snorted and said: ["You are a literal true god, you won't suffer anything except attack from Original One himself. After all, you are above the law. I bet the man in front of you didn't know that you are much much stronger than his local god."] 

Ah... I see. Then let's just do it if it is safe for me.

Though if I died, I will blame you, system!

["Pfft. As if both of you were affected by it. That man forget that he is already dead."]

...that's right.

"Alright! Let's make a contract."

 I said out of loud to him, which made him surprised. 

...

Though I have a better idea for the contract context than death.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: Quile Dreadwork}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

...

I can't believe the god in front of me just agree to do a contract with me.

I know it very well, that not even god can escape from contract backslash. And most of them are just egotistical creatures that won't do something like this to prove themselves.

Is it because he believes he won't be affected by it? Consider I believe that he is stronger than the chief god himself.

...It might be it, so I will stay vigilant against him.

*ZAP*

....!!

As I thought about that, a table and contract paper suddenly appeared between us which made me surprised. 

To create something like this almost instantly, he is indeed very powerful. 

...

The god in front of me suddenly clap his hand and then said: "Alright, let's test the contract paper. If any of us told a lie, there is will be a liter worth of water falling into us."

"What...?" 

What a dumb contract is this? A lie detector where water would fall into the person who told a lie?!

Is this a harmless prank or what?

He seems to notice my confusion, but still, continue his explanation:

"For example, The man in front of me is looking younger than me."

...!!!

The god in front of me was immediately splashed by water that suddenly appeared above him.

*Splash*

...

...

All of the parts of his weird clothes got wet, and even with that he still put a dumb smile on his face.

"S-see? Now you can also test it." 

"....Un."

This god, perhaps is stupid or he just does this to lower my vigilance? 

Anyway... I need to test this too. Who knows if this is just a lubricated lie coming from him.

I clear my voice and said: "The man in front of me is weaker than me."

*Splash*

...!!!

And I also immediately got splashed with water after saying that.

"It is really working..." I muttered.

A bit stupid, but I might at least be able to believe what he said as long there is no water involved.

Noticing my astonishment, the god grinned widely and said: "See, it worked right? Now we can begin the reincarnation procedure." 

...

I can't deny that it seems working.

Though I will ask him later to tell a lie to check whether the contract is still active or not.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: MC}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As both of us right now got solid ground to trust each other, finally we could start communicating properly.

["At first, I thought your idea actually a bit stupid, Jin-sama. But I realize that you want to gain his trust and not to force him.. which means this is a correct decision. As expected of Original One chosen."] The system said as he praised me.

...I ignore what the system said and continue with what I am going to say to the soul in front of me.

"Quile Dreadwork, Here I was want to offer you to reincarnated to my world and live free on there to do as you like without any role you need to fulfill."

...

After I said that, I notice that he was staring at the top of my head almost immediately.

But since I didn't tell a lie, of course, there is no water splashing from the top of my head.

...

"I am wearing a crocodile skin jacket right now."

*Splash*

...!!!

I did say a lie on purpose so he could see that the contract actually still worked.

...

He looks surprised and but he also seems convinced after I did that.

After a while holding his chin, he asked: "I see you are really saying the truth. So, what kind of the world it is?"

I nodded and start explaining to him: "Magic exists, a lot of races exist, and then also while demon king exists, they are not as many as your past world got. Not even 0.0001% of your past life demon population." 

...Again, he was looking at the top of my head, and of course, there's no water splashing to me. 

It is not a lie after all. I have seen the exact data of each race population, and the fun fact is that demon has the lowest population in that world.

He continue his question and asked: "Then tell me, why you are doing this? Convince me to go to your world. You should be able to do it without my consent with your overwhelming power."

...Uhh.

This one is tricky to answer.

"Because it is my job to do so?"

*Sigh*

I said it with clear confusion... which made him look skeptical toward me. 

...I mean, it is clear this job just has been forced on me, and the reason why I am doing this is because that old man did force me to do this. 

Of course, I don't have a better answer to his question.

...

I thought he was about to lash out due to my stupid answer but he actually looks at me with concern.

Uh... What just happen?

"I see. It seems that even a very strong god like you is also forced to do something that they don't really want to do. I can tell from your face that you are confused answering my question because someone forced you to do this right? I know that face very well."

What...?

Well... he is right I was forced to do this but why he looks concerned about me?

["Jin-sama, This soul seems thought that you are forced to do this against your will, and he feels bad for you since almost in his entire past life, he was also in that kind of situation."] The system explained.

...Ah it does make sense.

I forget that he is also a victim of forceful conditions, as the gods technically forced him to be a demon's machine killer in his past life.

"I am sorry about all of my rudeness so far."

He bowed at me and looks at me with a very understanding look. Ugh, the guilt.

....

I think he just misunderstand something here but at least, it worked well in the end. 

Besides, our case is much more different, at least the old man didn't control or force my mind at all while doing this.

...

"Y-Yeah... No worries. Let me continue my explanation so I can be done with this." 

"Go ahead."

I take a deep breath and said: "My job here is also to grant you the ability that will help you to live in that world."

"Ability? There's would be no catch about this right?" 

"Nothing."

"I see. Then just do it quickly."

...

The communication between us becomes very smooth after he apologize, and he seemed didn't really doubt me anymore.

System, please drop the card quick. However... This time, Do it carefully.

["Yes, Jin-sama!"]

*SHINE*

...!!!

*CRASH*

And the system even did more mess by dropping all the cards exactly on top of man's head.

["I am sorry, Jin-sama!"]

...

...

Uh, happen again... This is awkward like the previous reincarnator situation. 

He looks at me with deadpanned expression and waiting for my explanation.

...

I scratched my back head and said: "Uh... It happens again. Q-Quile-san, please pick one of any cards that fall on the floor, In that card, you can pick one of the abilities contained within the card."

He sighed and replied. "...Are you kidding me? Those are hundreds of cards dropped on my head and now just scattered on the floor... you want me to look on them too?"

"I am sorry about that! I am still new at doing this!"

After saying that, I quickly bowed my head toward him to apologize. As a professional, I need to be responsible for whatever I do after all.

He sighed again and responded: "...I can't tell whether you are stupid or incompetent god, but at least I know you didn't have a bad intention and consider you got someone forced you, no worries at all."

"T-Thank you for your understanding!"

...

After saying that, he began looking at the cards scattered on the floor. And as like happened before, I used this time of waiting to learn more about my godly power.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After a while (Only 10 minutes or so), the man told me what he pick as his ability.

====================

[Crafting EX: Ability that makes the user able to summon portable craft table anywhere you want, and crafting item and also able to discern any crafted item composition as long you know what the material is and how it works. This ability works very well with blacksmith jobs].

====================

...

This card is a much better ability than the previous guy choose. Though it made me curious why he pick this ability instead of any power-up-related ability...

"This is a good choice. Can you tell me the reason why you pick this? I am just curious by the way." I asked him.

He quickly explained: "Besides killing demons, back in the hell, my hobby was crafting weapons for myself. I think this ability could tremendously help me in my new life."

I nodded and replied: "Ah, I see. It does make sense."

 ...It seems everyone picks the ability that really suits their best with their past lives experience huh. Not bad at all.

But again, somehow I still I got a bad feeling about this like the previous man... but meh... not my problem.

...

"Alright, since you are done picking your ability, Let's proceed to reincarnate your soul now." 

"Just go for it, God."

...

You hear that system. Proceed with the procedure, please. I just want to get over with this. 

It is only 2 people so far and I am already feeling exhausted from this.

["R-Roger!"]

As I told the system, the man in front of me suddenly shone, and then a portal to another world appeared below him, sucking him in slowly. The exact same thing happened with the previous one.

*SHINE*

...!!

"Enjoy your next life, Quile Dreadwork."

He salute me and said: "Thank you. I also hope you will be freed from your forced duty someday, God."

Hearing what he said, I just keep smiling at him and didn't say anything.

...I got a feeling that I doubt it will happen, but at least the old man didn't force me to fight the endless demonic creatures in hell like your past life.

...

And a few seconds later, the man in front of me is gone.

The second reincarnated soul is completed!

 ["Great work, Jin-sama."] The system congratulates me.

You are also helping here, I won't be able to crack this guy if you weren't here. Thank you.

["As expected of Jin-sama, you are naturally so kind."]

Stop your useless flattering system and let's just summon the next soul.

["Yes, Jin-sama! As expected of your professionalism!"]

...Whatever.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[Intermission: Why we could communicate with Reincarnator?]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(MC): "As the title of this intermission said, why we could understand every reincarnator and talk to them even though they are supposed to be from a different world or universe?"

(System): ["Because it would make our job easier. Imagine if you can't understand them, We can't even tell them what is going on and what is they are going to do."]

(MC): "I understand, but I mean... like Quile just we reincarnated, I am sure he is not speaking the same language as me. His looks really look western-ed after all, with blonde hair and sharp eyes."

(System): ["Obviously you are right, Jin-sama. But you forget one thing."]

(MC): "One thing?"

(System): ["The power of setting. It was the setting that decide we were able to communicate each other in the procedure."]

(MC): "...Setting? What is that?!"

(System): ["Tsk...You need to learn more about your job, Jin-sama."]

(MC): "What do you mean by setting?!  It doesn't make sense to me at all! Like the plot, and now the setting ?! Next what? Power of Background?!"

(System): ["Just understand that is the reason. You don't need to know more since it was related to the secret of how the world works."]

(MC): "Stop saying something nonsense!"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This character was referenced to Doom Guy (From Doom series), reincarnated to isekai with crafting ability. What the worst could happen?

*Chuckle*

As always, no editor. Any kind of edit whether you find something incompressible or grammar typo mistake is really highly appreciated!

This is 3000 words chapter, so I really might miss something!

97