Chapter 5. My First Job As a God. (3)
3.2k 9 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: Ushida Ayaka}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I can't believe that I am dead... Even more so, A wild truck is the one who hit me when I came back from my only friend's place!

My life sure is miserable enough to be ended this way... But I bet my parents won't cry or anything about me.

Well, I really don't have any attachment to my past world so I don't have that much regret, to begin with.

Probably a bit sad that I didn't have time to say goodbye to Rikka, but that's might be the only regret I have.

I think she would envy my position right now though!

Since I was dead because of Truck-sama, does it mean I will be reincarnated to isekai? And considering I was back then playing an otome game in Rikka house, does it mean I will be reincarnated to the Otome world too?!

You know, what happened to me I believe was one the classic cliche that usually happens to the main characters in novels with the reincarnation genre into the otome game world.

Like, usually they just died after playing otome game. Either on people murdered them, falling from stairs or truck-sama kissed them with highest speed

... 

They always ended in those kind of world after that.

...

Woohoo!

I can't wait for it to happen!

However, right now, I can't do anything except nothing in this nothingness. Seriously, why just not reincarnate me quickly?!

...

And it just almost immediately happened, I wake up and immediately find myself in a luxurious-looking room.

"E-Eh? I am okay? I thought I was dead because truck-sama did crash into me." 

I look at my own appearance, nothing really changed except I am wearing a white robe right now instead of my casual clothes... which might be standard clothes for the dead soul. My glasses and ribbon are still on my hair, and there's no blood or wound that appeared to exist in my body.

...

"Nah, you are really dead, Ushida Ayaka. Welcome to the Afterlife."

...!!!

I look toward where is the sudden voice coming and then I realize in front of me, there is a handsome young man... probably about the same age as me.

Though I wonder why he is wearing a chef uniform?

But his aura scream 'Divine' to me, so...

"Are you god?" I asked him.

The god nodded and introduce himself.

"Yes. And my name is Jin." 

I can help exclaimed: "Wow! I didn't expect for God of Death to appear to be a very handsome-looking young man at my age! My name is Ushida Ayaka, nice to meet you!"

He smiled toward me and replied: "Uh. Nice to meet you."

If someone said he is one of the capture targets in Otome world... I obviously going to capture the man in front of me! 

However since he said that he is god, right now I got a more important thing to ask him.

I take a deep breath and said: "So... since you are the god here, can you tell me what kind of otome world I will be reincarnated in?! Also the role I fill?! Is it the heroine, mob, or even the villainess?!"

...

...

I eagerly waited for his answer, but instead of replying to me, he looked at me with clear confusion on his face.

...Did I say something wrong?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: MC}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

...

Hearing Ayaka's' unique' question, I can't help but get confused right now. 

Based on her question alone, I didn't need to see her profile to know that she is an Otome game maniac!

["You are right, Jin-sama."] The system replied to me.

How to answer this system? Is my world is a part of otome or something like that?

["No, I don't think your own world is otome realization or something like that."]

...

Then, tell her the truth?

The system immediately responded: ["Usually, I would suggest doing so... but for her... I am strongly against it, Jin-sama. From the profile of her past life, she is a kind of cheerful soul who got easily depressed when she doesn't get what she wanted. You can look up a summary of her past life if you don't believe me."]

...Let me check it for a little bit.

I wish to see a rundown version summary of Ushida Ayaka's past life.

*DING*

==================

Ushida Ayaka, A normal otaku girl born from a family where is both of her parents too busy working together, thus Ayaka feels a lack of love and care when she growing up in her childhood. It doesn't help that she didn't have many friends, and even experienced a bit of bullying back in her elementary school since she was used to being a fat little girl.

She tried to cope with the lack of love in her life by playing a lot of otome games. She also really wish to be reincarnated in the otome world after she died.

==================

...

Yep, I will agree with your suggestion, system. Let's just go with your plan.

...

"Jin-sama? Did I say something wrong? Why you are not answering my question?"

She looks very confused right now since I have become unresponsive for a while.

I shook my head and replied: "I-I am sorry. I was discussing with the other gods about your question. However, it seems I can't tell you about that. All I can tell is that the world is fantasy, so there is magic."

...Hopefully, she believe what I said.

I also put a guilty expression on my face to even convince her furthermore, something that I could do easily as a professional business owner.

...

After hearing that, it seems she believed me and replied: "I-I see... sorry for my rudeness. I forget, even god can't bend their own rules in the isekai trope." 

She also proceeds to bow her head to show her furthermore sincere apology after that. She is really the best example of a good Japanese citizen.

I wave my hand and said: "It's okay. Thanks for your understanding, Ayaka."

Well, since the problem is solved, let's be done with this real quick.

I did a clap to gain her attention and start to explain what is coming next to her: "Alright since you are aware of the procedure, it is time to pick your ability that will help your life in the next world."

Hearing what I said, she quickly cheer up and replied: "I can pick my own cheat?! Really?!"

I nodded and answered: "...Y-Yeah, that's how the rules go."

"Yay!!"

...She looks so happy that she jumping out several times, huh. She is much energetic and bubbly than the previous two. I wonder if I can do something more for her since my impression of her so far is quite good.

["Actually, you could grant her any ability you wanted without limit, Jin-sama."]

Hmm...

As tempting as it sounds... I think I shouldn't do that.

As a god, I need to be fair to all kinds of souls regardless the gender!

["Oh! As expected of Jin-sama!"] The system applause me.

Well, let's just summon the cards system. But this time, for the old man's sake, please put all the golden cards carefully instead of making a mess on the floor.

["Yes!! This time, I will be not disappointed you, Jin-sama!"]

*SHINE*

...!!!

Shortly after that, the hundred of golden cards appeared in a stack in front of Ayaka... Not scattered on the floor like the previous two procedures.

Good job, system. 

["Thank you, Jin-sama."]

*Cough*

I clear my voice, move my arm as I start to explain to her: "All of these stacked cards in front of you contain all possible abilities you could choose to bring with you to another world. Take your time to pick your cheat, and be careful on your choice."

Hearing my explanation, Ayaka looked at the cards with clear excitement.

"Jin-sama, I could start looking at them, right?!" She asked me cheerfully.

"Y-Yeah, Go ahead."

"Yay!!"

....

She is a truly energetic person.

As she begins to pick her ability, I also use this time to understand my ability better as I do with the previous 2 soul reincarnation procedures.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I thought it would take a while for Ayaka to pick her ability but it turns out she is the fastest one who picked up her ability. It is not even 5 minutes has passed since she starts looking after the card after all.

"Found it! I will pick this one, Jin-sama!"

...

She give me the card she picked up and I look at her card description.

==================

[Holy Magic EX: Affinity with Holy magic is maximum. Able to perform miraculously feat with a holy magic type such as Cure, Heal, Holy Guard, Rejuvenation, etc.]

==================

...

This is underwhelming but quite good for support, I think?

"Uhh... Can you tell me the reason why you pick this ability?"

She immediately replied: "Yes...! Because with this ability, it means there are always good people that will always be trying to be allied with me. And if I was even reborn as mob or villain, I could even replace the heroine by proving myself a better holy magic user... Since the most cliche thing is heroine mostly being branded as a saint, or something like that!" 

...

Hearing her explanation, my thought of this girl: This girl really has very high delusion! 

["She thought very well of her choice at least."] The system suddenly commented.

I kinda agree, but it's kind of underwhelming compared to the two previous cheats, I think.

It is just... really generic.

["But at least she is happy with her choice, right? That's what is the matter the most for us."] The system commented.

...

*Sigh*

Welp, you are right about that system. Let's just proceed with her quickly.

"Alright, since you are done picking your ability, I will complete this procedure and send you to be reincarnated in another world."

"Alright! I am ready! Capture target, here I come!" She optimistically replied.

System, as always... please do the next procedure.

["Confirmed!"]

As I told the system, the girl in front of me suddenly shone in golden light, and then a portal to another world appeared below her sucking her in slowly.

Like what happened with the two others before her.

*SHINE*

...!!

"Oh!! This is it!! Isekai here I come! Jin-sama! Thank you for your hospitality!"

She bowed her head multiple times to me, which was honestly very flattering.

I wave my hand and replied: "Your welcome, Please enjoy your next life!"

...!!!

And with that happening, the third reincarnated soul procedure is done. 

All of them really unique so far, although I admit... sending people's souls to another world is quite a satisfying job.

["Good job, Jin-sama. Please hold yourself because this will be the last one."] The system commented.

Thanks for you too, system. Your assistance really makes this job much easier.

...

*Sigh*

I am really tired of standing, so I wish to sit in a chair. 

*ZAP*

...

And shortly after the chair immediately materialized.

["Apparently, the last one came from your world and is also Japanese, Jin-sama. I think you will have an easier time handling this one."] The system explained to me.

Well... very good then. Summon it, please. I am afraid that it would be soon morning, and I need to take care of so much stuff every morning for my restaurant... especially when it is Monday.

["She is here, Jin-sama."]

Another girl huh, let's see what kind of soul she is...

...!!

She is...

["Jin-sama?"]

...!!!

I didn't expect I would meet at all for the rest of my life since our life is vastly different.

...

A girl who seems much thinner and pale compared to what I remember, but her short twin-tail, her childlike face, and a mole under one of her eyes easily made me recognize her at the first sight.

My childhood crush or my literal first crush, Amamiya Vera.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[Intermission: How it was decided which soul is going to reincarnate to another world?]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(MC): "As the title of this intermission said, I wonder how it was decided which soul is going to reincarnate to another world? Is it based on how they died? Is it based on their lingering regret? Can you answer me please, system?"

(System): ["Actually all soul was going to be reincarnated after died automatically, but only small chance of soul has a chance to be reincarnator. The rest of soul going to forget their past lives and just reborn somewhere else."]

(MC): "I see. Then what is the factor for a soul to qualify as reincarnator?"

(System): ["It was luck."]

(MC): "You are serious?"

(System): ["Yes. Though there are high chance they would become reincarnator if they were got killed by Truck crashing down them."]

(MC): "Like Ayaka today? Huh...  Now I wonder, my parents were dead in a traffic accident years ago with a truck crashing into their car... I wonder if they have also become reincarnator."

(System): ["..."]

(MC): "Why you have become quiet, Oi... system? Did I say something wrong?"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The next chapter might contain... feels? 

But I can't avoid it since I need to do this if I wanted this novel for this novel to have a plot a bit xD I might be writing wish fulfillment, but at least I want to flesh the character a bit.

As always no editor, tell me if there is something wrong! Really appreciated!

Spoiler

The next girl will be ended in a harem anyway.

[collapse]

93