Chapter 13. Another Reincarnation Work to Do As a God. (2)
1.8k 7 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: Esmeralda Satania}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

...

*Sigh*

Looking at my current situation, I can't help but sigh at my predicament. I am currently floating in an endless void without being able to do anything except think about all of my problems in the previous world.

I am sure I am dead.

1000% dead.

Reason? Because I remember getting beheaded with a holy sword.

Fuck the goddess and her god council who blessed their weapon.

*Sigh*

Now both of me and my father already died, I am sure the demon race would suffer under human oppression. Either we got under slavery-like elves by humans, or goes extinct. I am sure it will be the latter since the conflict of both races has started since immemorial. Although my father has tried his best to announce that the demon race won't be attacking humans, the human army is the one who attacks us instead because of getting an oracle from the goddess.

Even worse, with the help of 40 summoned humans from another world and their superior number, to begin with... Our race is getting slaughtered and blasted from all directions. We just... stood no chance against them. After getting attacked constantly for about 2 years despite I am trying my best to stop them, the massive human army with the hero party finally arrives at the capital of the demon race and from there, all hope was lost.

All the demons were discriminately exterminated, even the civilians, women, and children who didn't do anything to humans in their entire life. My fathers come forward to fight back along and unleash his full power with his elite member... though, in the end, my father was also bested by the heroes party. With their blessed weapon and superior number (40 summoned humans), there is no way my father would survive the onslaught.

Yeah, Fuck the goddess and her god council.

As the daughter of the demon king, I know when my father died there would be no hope for the demon race unless we are surrendered to the human race to avoid extinction. I tried to declare the demon race surrender to the human race and beg the heroes to stop humans from slaughtering our race. Well... You can guess what's happening next since I am here in the afterlife.

They didn't listen to me and the heroes proceed to kill me, thinking that my head would be a good trophy alongside my father's head.

I tried to resist them with all of my ability as demon daughter and even called all of my summon, but in the front of the blessed weapon of party of heroes...

Again, Fuck the goddess and her god council.

...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After floating in the endless void and insulting the goddess endlessly, I suddenly found myself lying... in a room?

The room itself resembles those human noble rooms... Where I am?

I look at my own body to find if there is something wrong. I still got my horn, red ponytail hair, my troublesome big breast... *cough* there is nothing wrong with my body.

My head is still here too...

As I still checking and analyzing my body thoroughly, suddenly I hear a cough sound which makes me realize I am not alone in this room.

*Cough*

...!!

I looked to the source of the cough sound and then I saw a man with black hair who looked about the same age and quite handsome greets me with a friendly smile.

From his voice and aura... I had a feeling that this man in front of me was no ordinary person.

"Welcome to Afterlife, Esmeralda Satania."

...!!

His voice is so... divine. Even I am sure the man in front of me is much more divine than the so-called god in her world. Even so, she finds herself is not scared of his presence despite her existence as the antithesis of god.

I look at him and asked: "Are you a god?"

 "Yes. And my name is Jin." 

As expected, he was truly a god. But why god is wearing a chef uniform?

Well, there is a more important thing to ask.

...

"Jin...-sama, right? Is this truly the afterlife? Why I am here? I thought I was going to hell or purgatory with my fellow demons."

The god in front of me smiled, shook his head, and answered: "You are here because you are given the second chance to enjoy new life which is getting reincarnated in the new world."

"Then, Jin-sama... Why your kind keep sending blessed humans toward our race?"

He frowned and quickly replied, "That's not my fault. I am not your world local god."

"Then, what kind of god are you?"

He shrugged and replied: "I am a god above them, technically. Others called me true god... Though I am still new on this."

...!!

Ah... That makes sense, I mean he is much more powerful than anything I have ever faced so far. I might be not combatant, but I could tell how strong a creature is on instinct... as I am familiar with my father's presence.

This god, I feel that he could destroy my father with mere thought... which is genuinely scary.

...

Knowing how rude I am so far, I quickly bowed my head and said: "I-I see... I am sorry for being rude, Jin-sama."

"Don't worry, it is your right to hate god though I hope you don't hate me... considering your past life."

He then walked up to me with a smile then stretched out his hand saying: "In fact, I want to friend with you."

...!!

Does he really want to befriend me... A True god with a normal demon like me? 

I quickly calm down and then asked: "I am flattered by your offer, but Jin-sama... Can you tell me what is your purpose to befriend me?"

"Nothing. I just find your previous life history was fascinating and I can't help but respect you. Despite the harsh situation you have faced, you manage to hold defense from the human army by 2 years which is a miraculous feat. Not to mention you are also cute... like my sister."

Ugh... A god praised me... Handsome god too on top of that... Damn.

I can feel my face getting heated so hard, that I can't help but avert my eyes from him. No one really praised me, except my father. And no one ever called me cute before!

Besides that, I doubt a powerful god like him would plot against me... and looking at his expression, I can't help but trust him.

...

"R-Really?"

I asked once more to ask for confirmation.

"Yes!"

Hearing his answer, I felt very happy and also extended my hand to shake hands with him.

The beautiful friendship between former demon princess and clueless true god is officially begun.

...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: MC}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After holding out my hand, and trying her best to make a good impression, Esmeralda finally agreed to befriend me.

["Congratulation, Jin-sama. Though I am surprised this is the first time you want to befriend the soul you need to reincarnate."]

I didn't violate any rules, right? 

["No, the reincarnation procedure is fully in your control thus it is your right to do so."]

Good.

Also for the reason why you know, I have checked the detail of her previous life before she comes here and I find it very interesting.

Being the daughter of a pacifist demon king, and still being killed after surrender... The human race and the hero at that world was... evil.  

["In every world, the human race is always like that. They might be weak, but they had the potential to be the evilest race in the world, surpassing that arrogant dragon race or the vile of the demon itself."] The system explained.

Yeah, but more importantly is how Esmeralda managed to hold them off for 2 years even with so much disadvantage on her side. Need to remind you that the demon race population is only 1/10 of the human race, there are 40 isekai'ed humans with various cheat abilities, and not to mention how there's also a mass amount of blessed weapons which is fatal for any demon.

Her strategy mind during that time is nothing but genius, and I need someone smart to help me with the restaurant problem or god duty problem.

["So that's your purpose. You want to use her strategic mind in case you need someone to advise you. As expected of you, Jin-sama!"]

Y-yeah stops giving me praise, I mean I am aware that I am not that smart. By being her friend, I will get her help whenever I need "brain" and she will also get my help whenever she needs it. It is a win-win situation. Beside!! She really looks like my sister!

["Where is your motto "As a god, I need to be fair to all kinds of souls regardless the gender!" that you told me yesterday? Pfft.]

That motto doesn't apply to friends!

As I still bickering with the system in my head, Esmeralda called me out, "Jin-sama? Are you okay? Why do you suddenly get absentminded?"

...!!

"A-ah... Nevermind. I was communicating with someone in my head, don't worry about it."

I wave my hand to show that there's nothing to worry about. She looks at me skeptically but I quickly put on my business smile. 

Damn, I forget she is still in front of me.

"A-Alright, Jin-sama."

*Cough*

...

I cleared my voice and said to her: "Let's talk about what we are going to do. The reason you are here is because you have been given a chance to be reincarnated to my world, Theon. The situation is about the same with your former world with demon race, church, etc, but Theon was much peaceful than your world since the god in that world wasn't really care about demon race."

Hearing my explanation, she becomes quiet and muttered "I see..." 

She looks like thinking really hard about what I said, which made me curious about what she come up with.

Shortly after, she begins to ask me: "Jin-sama, We are friends, right?"

I smiled and answered: "Yes. We are friends. Do you need something to help with?"

She nodded, looking at me seriously, and replied: "Can you... At least reincarnated me as human? And makes me the princess of a human kingdom on top of that?"

I hold my chin and asked: "Can you tell me the reason?"

*Cough*

She cleared her voice and then explain: "Since last time persuading humans as demon princess is failed, I am going to try to persuade them to stop attacking demons from the human side. For that, I need position and power. I don't want to have another war happen in my life and my plan is to try my best to convince humanity that not all demon is bad."

"Please!"

After saying that, She bowed her head deep at me, showing her sincere she is asking her request. I can't help but get touched by her effort... and her plan is also not bad at all.

"Hmm, that makes sense. I like how you keep your principle to help demon race despite in your second life going to be human, Alright... as your friend, of course, I will help you."

She look at me with disbelieve and said: "Really?"

System, I can do that right?

["Yes, I can help you to control the reincarnation system manually so it is possible for her to be born under any premise."] The system replied.

Hearing the system confirmation, I smile widely at her and replied: "Yes."

...!!

She got blushed really hard hearing my response, did I accidentally trigger the flag here?

["Pffft!"]

She quickly take a deep breath, perhaps to calm herself, and then said: "T-Thank you, Jin-sama..."

I shush her and replied: "Just call me Jin. We are friends, right? I don't my friend called me with -sama suffix."

"But you are..."

I quickly shook my head and replied: "Nah, we are friends. And I will call you Mera from now... Because calling you Esmeralda is too mouthful. Let's talk to each other as a friend and I will explain what you are going to do."

After saying that, I quickly wishes for a table with 2 chairs filled with all the good sweet cookies and tea on top of that... also, make them generate on their own when they got eaten.

*ZAP*

...!!

"Let's talk about this while enjoying ourselves."

She nodded and follow me to sit on the chair. After that, I tried to answer any question she got for me while enjoying ourselves with the snack the table provided. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A few hours later...

She really did ask a lot about the world she is going to reincarnate in. She asked various things from culture, technology, the law, geography, and even political situation in that world.

I wouldn't be able to answer those in detail without system help.

["Your welcome, Jin-sama."]

Yep, you are my best partner. Besides, I also learn a lot of info about the world I should be governed... which is a good thing. Not to mention that she is getting comfortable and open to talking with me now as a friend without looking at my status as a god.

["It is like throwing stone hitting three birds."] The system comment.

...

*Nom* *Nom*

Well, right now I am waiting for Mera to pick the cheat she wants to bring with her in the next world... while enjoying myself with the rest of the cookies on the tables.

I bet the girls would love this, I should bring this set to them for an apology for not joining their training.

...

"I am done picking my cheat, Jin!"

...!!

As I am thinking of a mundane thing, suddenly Mera yelled out called me. It seems she is done picking up her choice, so I smiled and answered: "Let me see what you pick, Mera."

"Unn!"

...

She quickly approached me and give me the card of her choice.

=====================

[Summon Magic EX: Affinity with summoning magic is maximum. The user of this magic could call their summon with any limited quantity or quality and reduce mana cost. The summon type still depends on the user attribute. For example, if the user has an affinity with fire, then their summon is a fire creature such as Fire Imp, Fire Golem, and even Red Dragon.]

=====================

Wow... This ability is truly something... I can easily imagine this ability could make the summoner own an army of monsters. I know she is a summoner in her past life, but just in case...

I look at her and asked: "It is a very good ability, but tell me... Why did you pick this ability, Mera?"

She nodded and answered: "In my past lives, I was summoner and strategist of the demon army. I am bad with any kind of combat and I dont think getting a second chance of life changed anything about it. Thus, rather than try something new, I am trying to improve the best I could do."

"I see..."

Hmm... With this summoning ability, I got an idea of how to help her furthermore.

System, I wish to be integrated as summon of her. Not as subordinate, but a friend. Also, make her be able to contact me anytime she wants.

["Affirmative."]

...

 *Ding*

=====================

[Origami Jin (True God) have been registered as summon for user: Esmeralda Satania]

=====================

...

She looks at me with disbelieve (Again) and muttered: "Jin, you..."

"I will include myself on your summon list in case you need my help."

"But you are..."

I put my hand on her head and said: "We are friends, right? Something like this is nothing."

She nodded and averted her eyes from me. Her face blushed again hearing my answer.

I really feel that I am triggering a flag here, sigh.

["Jin-sama, are you sure you are not a natural lady killer?"]

Ugh... I mean, her appearance resembles my sister but with red hair and horn. It's just instinctual you know?

["...And bigger breast?"]

Shut up.

...

"A-anyway, since you are done picking your ability Mera, this is time for you to be reincarnated."

She nodded and replied: "Jin, thank you so much for your assistance."

"Don't worry, we are friends, right? Something like this is nothing." I said while smiling.

"Unn!"

...

System, as always... please do the next procedure. 

["Roger!"]

As what happened with the previous procedure, the girl in front of me suddenly shone in golden light, and then a portal to another world appeared below her sucking her in slowly. I am really getting used to this sight after seeing it 4 times.

*SHINE*

...!!

Before she disappeared, she bowed her head slightly toward me and said loudly: "Thank you Jin! We will meet again, right?!"

I smiled and answered, "Yeah!! I promise. This is not farewell. Just enjoy your next life and hopefully, your plan is also worked."

"Unn!"

She nodded with a very pretty smile for the last time before she completely went to the portal.

...

...

*Sigh*

Finally, It is done. There is no one to reincarnate anymore, right?

["Yes."]

Great! System, tell me how long I have been separated from the girls?

["About 4 hours Jin-sama. The current time is 2 AM. You spend 1.5 hours on the first procedure and 2.5 hours on the second procedure."]

...Damn, I didn't realize I spend too much time on these procedures.

Now I think about it, Unlike me, the girls are still human, they should need asleep right? Especially Vera who has been training from the morning.

["Normally, Yes. But I have prevented all the mortal need to do so with my existence in them."] The system replied.

You can do that?

["You have underestimated me Jin-sama. You remember my duty is actually to assist you right? My ability is not much less than your true power, Jin-sama."]

I see... Sorry for doubting you, system. Let's move to the girl's training location. They are OK, right?

["Yes. Actually... You will be surprised when you see them. They are doing pretty well."]

Now, that makes me feel curious. 

I wish to be teleported to the girl's location.

...

...

Uh... what?

As I wondered what happen to my power, suddenly I hear a familiar voice from someone who was responsible for my situation.

"Ohohoho... stop right there Young man Jin. We had something to talk about related to your punishment."

...!!

I look at the side to see the source of the voice and find the old man with no more homeless attire but wearing... chef uniform sitting on the white couch(?). He grinned at me and replied, "Sit down, young man Jin."

...

I guess I couldn't really join the girl's training right now.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[Intermission: Why do non-humans also get reincarnated in my world?]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(MC): "As the title of this intermission said, I wonder why I also reincarnated non-human in my world? Just curious... like Esmeralda was a pleasant surprise."

(System): ["There is no rule to limit the scope of reincarnated person."]

(MC): "I see... there are really no limitations huh?"

(System): ["Yes. So prepare yourself to be not surprised if that happens again, Jin-sama."]

(MC): "Such as? Can you give an example so I will be not surprised later?"

(System): ["Yes. For example a cultivator soul. Try to answer this question... think me as cultivator soul asking for a request."]

(MC): "Cultivator? Like those Chinese novels huh... Okay."

(System): ["Ehem... "Esteemed Lord Jin! I was dead like a dog alongside my entire family because I offended a random young master in the street. Can you teach me how you cultivate to become strong like you, Lord? Little Li seeks enlightenment! I want to get stronger and come back to life for revenge so I could teach that arrogant young master for killing me. I believe when my cultivation level is high enough, I should be able to control life and death! Little Li promise to join your sect and be your servant forever, Lord!"]

(MC): "..."

(System): ["You give up, Jin-sama?"]

(MC): "...Those requests are so cliche and wrong on many levels which made me speechless. Offended young master... Seeks enlightenment, Revenge, Joining sect?! "

(System): ["Pffft. But this is usually a normal request for cultivator soul."]

(MC): "...Goddamn it. I will beat that old man if he gives me troublesome soul to be reincarnated."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

All joke in this novel is made for fun, peace!! Please don't take it seriously lmao!

Also, Esmeralda aka Mera will be one of the important characters alongside the main. I haven't decided if she should enter the harem though.

I promise this will be the last reincarnate soul so far (until I feel like adding more). Too many character is also bad for this story.

I got no editor, peace out! Just tell me if there is something wrong!

55