Side Story Rin (1) : Getting Stronger For Onii-chan!
1.9k 5 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: Origami Rin}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Back to a few hours ago...

After being transferred to the dungeon with the twins, we found ourselves in a green forest with a peaceful (?) atmosphere. I looked around carefully with vigilance for a minute, and there was not a single creature around us.

...

"Rin-chan, it seems there is no monster? Is this really a dungeon?" Kaya asked me.

"Kaya, you want us to fight the monster directly?" Saya retorted to her twin.

"I mean, that's what we do here right? Leveling up and fighting a monster with our new ability, right? "Kaya replied.

...

Well, Kaya's assumption is not wrong. I also thought we would fight straight away after being transferred to this place, after all, we are here to practice our ability.

["Well, Miss Rin, there's no way I would do that to you guys. Jin-sama would complain to me."]

...!!

Ah... system.

Tell me, Onii-chan is okay, right? 

["Yes he is. Currently, he just does his duty normally as a god, reincarnating soul to his world."]

I see. I'm sad that Onii-chan can't join us here but I know Onii-chan over there probably doing his best as always. Then, we also needed to do our best to help Onii-chan!

Open the Menu, please.

*DING*

==================

[Menu: ]

1. Status

2. Inventory

3. Map

4. Dungeon List

==================

Oh!

This is similar to those role-playing games that I've played with Onii-chan back when we are still middle schoolers. 

["Ah, unlike Miss Vera you all seem aware of what you are doing."]

Yep. The twins were avid gamers before meeting Onii-chan so they should have more understanding regarding this compared to me. Comparing us to Vera-chan isn't a fair comparison you know? She was bedridden for years.

Then, Status!

*DING*

==================

[Name: Origami Rin]

[Race: Human.]

[Lv: 1] 

[HP: 800] 

[MP: 100] 

[STR: 6]

[AGI: 8]

[INT: 10] (Soul based stat)

[DEX: 10] (Soul based stat)

[LUK: 20] (Above Average.).

[Skill: Plant Magic EX ((Passive)]

==================

[Plant Magic EX: Affinity with plant magic is maximum. Able to communicate with plants and perform miraculously feat with a plant magic type such as Absorb Essence, Custom Spore Manifestation, Custom Seed, Morning Wood, Instant Growth, etc. One of the requirements to have is to be able to grow the World Tree.]

==================

...

["Wow, Miss Rin. Your status is really below average. Well, considering you are normal female human, this is already pretty good."] The system commented.

Thank you, System. Can I ask you something?

["Yes?"]

I want to use a sword, can you give me one? I had an experience doing kendo before, so I think I am pretty good with a sword. There is no way I would fight the monster without a weapon you know?

Also, I might need a spare wand in case I need to do a magic spell since my ability is kinda more alienated from being a mage.

["I see. Let me give you something better, Vera-sama."]

Suddenly, A plain-looking sword suddenly appeared in my hand.

*DING*

==================

[Magic Staffword (Growth Rarity) has been collected!

==================

[Magic Staffword (Growth Rarity) [Bound to Origami Rin]

Requirement Level: 1

ATK: + 100

MATK: +100

Durability: Unbreakable.

A weapon that grows with its user, changes it is 'form' to either sword or staff despite it is plain looking.

==================

...A weapon that can grow? and could be used as staff replacement to do the magic spells?

["Yes. This should be perfect for you Miss Rin. This weapon will grow with you. The stronger you are, the stronger your weapon is. Not mention it is also could change it is 'form' so you can use it depend on the situation."]

Thank you, system.

Then I should be ready to go right now. How about the others?

["Don't worry, I also have them covered with the same kind of weapon."] The system replied.

I look at both twins and in their hand, a plain staff and a plain dagger also appeared in their hand. 

...

"Let's go."

There's no need to explain more as our goals are clear even before we are coming here.

The system has explained that we need to get stronger to help Onii-chan, which made it our current goal.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After taking the time to completely sync our team work together as a party, all of us quickly able to understand our own ability and getting stronger much faster than ordinary gamer users and Vera, according to the system. 

Right now, we are on the second dungeon and our goal is to reach Vera dungeon, which is on the third dungeon type.

["No joke, you guys already level 19 under 1 hour and already about to fight the second dungeon boss... You guy's efficiency is scary. I almost had no job here, Miss Rin!"] The system retorted.

Pffft.Your job is to tell me what is Onii-chan does and for that, I am very grateful you are connected to my brother.

["You had asked this question 14 times! Jin-sama is fine!"] The system replied.

Great! I wonder if the twins did the same ask you Onii-chan situation?

["They did. respectively 9 and 10 times asking about the same question as you did."]

Yes, I am still ahead of them!

["That's not something you should be proud about?!"] The system retorted.

As I want to reply to system banter, suddenly my skill [Hostility Detection] picked up something.

...!!

"Everyone."

Both twins nodded and pull out their weapons again out of the inventory.

"Ooorggaaa!!!"

...!!!

Out of the one of thick bust around us, A huge orc came out and tried to ambush us. Sadly, we are combat prepared so his ambush tactic is useless, especially when the monster is alone.

"[Root Bind]"

..!!

"Uga?!"

As the orc moved toward us, A root entangled on his foot, stopping his movement, which attract his attention from us for a few seconds.

And that 'few seconds' was enough for Kaya to sneak behind him and cut his neck with skill.

...

[Accelerate]

[Burning Slash]

...!!!

The orc quickly beheaded, and a roasted meat smell could be smelled until the monster corpse was gone from our sight.

*DING*

[You got 800 Experience after party distribution!]

[You have leveled up to level 20. 4 free stat distribution acquired!]

[Total Free Stat: 76]

...!!

"No drop again." Kaya frowned as she looked at the system notification.

"Well, we leveled up." Saya commented.

I nodded and said, "Let's keep moving and find the boss."

Hearing what I said, Both twins nodded and then followed behind me.

...

["Good job as always, Miss Rin. Very efficient again... Sigh. Your root bind 1 hit strategy is quite scary."]

Thank you system.

With this I have reached level 20, getting close to helping Onii-chan.

Efficiency is something we are proud of as a team. It would be impossible to run the sweet carrot restaurant with 4 people around without trusting and efficient teamwork between us, and that's also applied in here.

["I am happy about this, but this also made me curious... why everyone does love Jin-sama a bit too... much? Especially you, Miss Rin."] The system asked.

You didn't know? I thought you would be able to access my memory and look for the reason.

["I won't do that without your consent. Don't get me wrong Miss Rin, I am glad for this because this would make my job easier."]

Hmm... Alright, I can tell you.

I still remember the day when I realize I already falling too hard for my brother. It was the day when our parents died.

...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Flashback 1 year ago.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

...

It was a very late night, Both of me and Onii-chan was surrounded by 3 adults who admit themselves as 'relative' despite our parent never introducing them when they were still alive. 

We were very scared at that moment. Our parents just died on that day and yet some adults were yelled at each other about our child custody right.

I am also aware most of these adults look at me with lustful and calculating eyes, which made me afraid of the possibility of getting adopted by them. 

Unlike now, I was weak mentally and has no ability to protect myself back then so I can only hide behind Onii-chan.

...

"I am the oldest guy here, I will take care of them."

"No, it will be me. Old man, Age is nothing on this."

"No. It should be the one who takes care of them."

"What? You wanna fight?"

"Who is afraid?!"

...

Shortly after, They were again arguing over our custody. 

Seeing the situation in front of him, Onii-chan suddenly snapped at the table in front of him and yelled, "NO!"

*BANG*

....!!!

What Onii-chan did make the 3 adults stop arguing and look at him in surprise.

Onii-chan who was fed up stand up and continued yelling,  "I won't let any of you taking us! I know every shit of you surely after my parent's wealth and my sister! I won't let you guys ruin our parent's dream! And I will protect my sister!"

...!!!!!!!

"What did you say, you dipshit?!"

"Oh?! You dare call me shit?!"

Hearing what Onii-chan said, the three adults looked very angry and looking at each other.

"Eat this you little shit!"

One of them suddenly attacked Onii-chan by punching him in his stomach. At the last moment, Onii-chan pushing me away from him to protect me.

*BAMM*

...!!!

"Arrgh..." 

"Onii-chan!!" 

...

Onii-chan immediately held his stomach and groaned after getting attacked. 

Even that, knowing the situation is not good, looked at me with concern and quickly yelled,"S-Sis, R-Run!!"

"No! Onii-chan! I won't leave you alone!"

He shook his head and yelled, "I-I will be okay, y-you know I have practiced kendo back then even more serious than you."

The other adult hear what Onii-chan said kicked him and soon all of them attacked Onii-chan.

 *BAMM*

...!!!

"Arrgh!"

"Bigmouth aren't ya?"

"Kendo what?! Can't-do-anything you mean?!"

 *BAMM*

...!!!

"Ugh...!!"

...

As the three adults beat up my brother, I understand what my brothers plan to attract their attention. Meanwhile, I need to escape from here and asked for help. 

I quickly get away from them and run toward the stairs.

"Catch that little shit!"

...!!!

One of the adults try to chase me but thankfully since I am familiar with the restaurant layout, I was able to maneuver faster than him and run downstairs.

"Damn it!!"

...!!

*TAP* *TAP*

I ran as fast as I can toward the door and when I came to the outside loudly yelled, "HELPP!!"

Thankfully, despite the restaurant located on the corner of Tokyo, it is still Tokyo... meaning a densely populated area and one yell enough to attract a lot of people.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

...

Not long after, our neighbor's association member in this place manages to apprehend those adults together and save my brother. Though, in the end, he still needs to get hospitalized due to multiple bruises and wounds he got from them.

An ambulance car comes to take my brother. Looking at his condition, I can't help but cry because I can't help him at all.

*Sniff* *Sniff*

"O-Onii-chan, you liar. You said you will be okay and able to fight back."

My brother half-awake slowly replied, "E-hehehe... I-I am sorry sis. I-I forget I didn't have a s-sword with me to fight back with kendo... B-But at least you are okay... Y-You are the only family I had--"

I got confused why my brother suddenly asleep tried to shake him and call, "Oni-chan..?"

I tried to shake him several times but one adult come close to me and said, "Don't worry, he just passed out... probably tired."

At that moment, I look at his smile...

...!!

What is this feeling?

I hold my chest tight and feel my heartbeat beating so hard.

...

From that moment, I know that I have fallen toward my brother so hard and thus, it can't be helped that I want to stand beside him.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Back to the present time...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

...

["Looking at your history, Jin-sama sure really amazing."] The system commented.

I always liked Onii-chan as far I remember but from that moment, I realized my liking toward Onii-chan is not a familiar thing... it's the attractiveness of the Opposite sex. 

Well, shouldn't be a problem since we are not blood-related...

["That's true. God doesn't follow mortal rules anyway, so it is okay to commit incest if Jin-sama want to."]

...

I want to help Onii-chan.

I want to stand beside Onii-chan.

And I want to become stronger for Onii-chan... that's why I... no, everyone agrees with your plan, system.

System, Can you help me convince Onii-chan to accept me?

["...I will do my best, Miss Rin."] The system firmly replied.

Thank you.

...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{3rd POV}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2 hours later...

Not so long after, the girls were able to catch up with Vera in the third dungeon... which is a cave ( minimum level 40) since the girl's party really efficient at killing their enemies.

Actually, their level was way below Vera but with the power of teamwork, they were able to fight monsters level way above themselves.

==================

[Group Party Leader: Origami Rin]

==================

Member : 

[Origami Rin: Lv.29]

[Urakashi Saya: Lv.29]

[Urakashi Kaya Lv.29]

[Amamiya Vera: Lv.47]

==================

...

Vera wave her hand and shouted,"Rin-chan! The twins! You guys are here!" 

""Yahoo, Vera-chan.""

...

Obviously, Vera join the girl's party as the frontliner and damage dealer of the team, which made the team much stronger.

Rin, who used to be in the front position now back off to the rear to be able to give a command to the party better.

In the beginning, they were only doing basic teamwork.... but soon when Rin was able to get [Captain] title, which gave her a better grasp of each member position, and applied a buff to the whole party. And after that, we also developed tactics and formations that we could adjust depending on the situation.

==================

You got a title: Captain!

When you are the leader of the party,

==================

...

The party right now fighting the third dungeon boss together despite they were still 10 levels below the minimum requirement.

...

==================

[A boss has been spawned in the close of your location! Good luck!]

==================

...!!

Rin quickly identified the location boss and yelled, "Look above! The boss... is a very big spider!"

The spider boss tried to ambush them but Rin was able to react quickly before the boss was able to harm them.

*DASH*

...!!

"[Wood Wall]!"

*BANG*

......!!!!!!!

A 3 meters height wide wooden wall raised from the ground in front of them and blocked the spider legs from reaching them.

"Thanks, Rin-chan!" Vera said.

...

[Dark Cave Spider Lv.60 - HP: 300000]

...

After knowing her attack is failed, The spider backed up again and attach herself to the ceiling of the cave. Looking at his enemies outnumbering him, the spider decided to grow a cocoon around him to summon his minion around.

...

Rin, who usually acts as manager of the restaurant, now acts as leader and controls direction for the team. With her plant magic ability, she could bind or slow the enemy from afar to help her teammate in the front most of the time. But, in an emergency situation, she was also able to do close combat with her magic sword to give surprise to the enemy.

Looking at the boss who suddenly stops his movement, Rin's instinct told her that she should try to stop him from whatever the boss doing, and quickly release her favorite skill.

"[Root Bind]"

....!!!

"Kreeeonkk!!"

A root suddenly entangled to spider eight legs in the ceiling, surprising him and interrupting his summoning. The spider tried to break it, but it wasn't easy to do as Rin's root bind was already B ranked, not to mention her Plant Magic EX passive skill.

==================

Root Bind B: Growing a root below the opponent to stop it is movement. 

Mana Cost: 20

==================

Rin looked at her skill successfully holding the boss said, "It is rooted! Saya! Break his legs!"

Saya quickly raises her staff and replies, "Leave it to me, Manager!"

...

Saya, one of the twins who picked up Water Magic, acts as the only pure ranged offensive for the team and is positioned in the middle. Like Rin, she is also able to crowd control the enemies to a certain extent with freeze (Ice magic) but she mostly acts as an attacker.

Saya aims her magic toward the spider's eight legs and shoots it with one of her strongest magic.

"[Ice Shower]!"

*Bang* *Bang* *Bang* *Bang* 

...!!! ...!!! ...!!! ...!!!

(20000 x 4!!)

==================

Ice Shower: Shooting multiple Ice shards toward the designated targets and having a chance to [Freeze] the target.

Mana Cost: 40

==================

A super-fast ice shard with 5 feet diameter goes directly toward the spider legs and heavily wounded it, thanks to B ranked and EX ranked passive it is damage quite terrifying.

"Kreeeonkk!!"

Being hit by Saya's skill attack, the spider's four left legs were injured... causing him to be unable to attach himself to the ceiling of the cave. The spider screamed in pain, and then quickly fell to the ground.

*BOOM*

...!!

Rin quickly saw this as an opportunity to defeat the boss and quickly gave a command to everyone, "Opportunity! Offensive A formation!"

""Roger!""

Rin quickly spawned her Root again to lock the boss movement to make sure their attack worked. 

"[Root Bind]"

...!!

The spider, who currently howled in pain tried his best to break out but in his situation, it is even harder for the boss to break Rin's root.

After listening to Rin's command, both Vera and Kaya who are the close combat offensive in the party quickly drink full MP potion and then approach the spider boss to commence their 'killing move'.

Kaya, the other twin who picked up Fire Magic, acts as a close combat offensive for the team on the front with an assassin fighting style. She mostly acts as an enemy disruptor and deals the highest attack both magic and physical damage toward their enemies with an additional burn effect.

And lastly, the strongest on the team is Vera... who is responsible to protect the team in the front. She is also able to deal with devastating physical damage with her super strength but her role is mainly to protect everyone in real with her immunity. The only weakness of her is poor damage control and battle skill.

...!!!

When they are just 5 feet ahead of the boss, both Kaya and Vera immediately active their skill together to execute the boss together. First, Kaya quickly buffs herself and Vera's attack speed with 'accelerate' skill.

[Accelerate!] [Accelerate!]

...!!

==================

Accelerate: Increase attack speed and movement speed of designated target equal to 200% user Agi for 5 seconds.

Mana Cost: 25

==================

"Thanks, Kaya! Leave this to me!"

After that, Kaya quickly escapes as fast as possible from Vera, and Vera who has been speed buffed releases her strongest skill attack skill. Rin and Saya also quickly ran as far as possible from Vera's destruction range so they wouldn't be affected by Vera's attack.

The boss himself tried his best to break Rin's bind but it was far too late the moment Vera had already jumped on him.

...

[Destruction Punch!] 

*DUARRRRR!!*

....!!!!!!!!!!!!

-28341928

It can be said, with Vera's current immense strength and speed with stat which above level 50... the boss is quickly smashed to nothingness.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: Origami Rin}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

...!!

[You got 150000 Experience after defeating the boss!]

[Spider Leg Dropped]

[Spider Leg Staff (Equip) Dropped ]

[You have leveled up to level 35, 8 free stat distribution acquired!]

*DING*

==================

You got a title: Boss Speedrunner!

Deal 50% more damage against a boss or giant creature.

==================

...

As the dust of the explosion cleared, Vera suddenly yelled, "Fighting together is so fun!"

I nodded and replied, "Good job everyone!"

"I got a shoe... I want a spare weapon though..." Saya commented.

"I got a helmet as drop, Can't help you, Saya." Kaya answered.

I pull the staff out of my inventory and give it to Saya, "I got a staff. You can take it if you want Saya."

"Ohh! You can take the shoe, then Rin!." Saya cheerfully replied as she also give me the [Spider Leather Shoe]. It seems like a good shoe so I quickly wear it.

Equip.

*DING*

==================

[Spider Leather Shoe (Epic Rarity) has been equipped.

==================

[Magic Staffword (Epic Rarity)

Requirement Level: 30

Magic Resistance: 50

HP: +200

Durability: Unbreakable.

A weapon that grows with its user, changes it is 'form' to either sword or staff despite it is plain looking.

==================

Status.

==================

[Name: Origami Rin]

[Title: Captain, Boss Speedrunner]

[Race: Human.]

[Lv: 35] 

[HP: 2350] (+1200)

[MP: 650] (+150)

[STR: 41]

[AGI: 43]

[INT: 45] (+20)

[DEX: 22] 

[LUK: 20] (Above Average.).

[Skill: Plant Magic EX (Passive), Natural Energy Regeneration A (Passive), Root Bind B, Wood Wall C, Leech Seed D, Hostility Detection D, Wood Golem F, Meditate F, Poison Resistance F]

==================

...

["Really, Miss Rin. You guys are ridiculous. Are you guys doing speedrun? I feel sorry for that boss."] The system suddenly commented.

Not really, system. But as you said, we all need to get stronger to help Onii-chan so we are doing that as quickly as possible. Besides, it is Vera's strength that causes this strategy to be actually possible.

Onii-chan really loves Vera-san huh?

The system listening to Rin's comment remembers that if she didn't stop Jin from adding more cheat to Vera, She is probably getting even more ridiculous right now.

The system quickly replied, ["A-anyway! Be careful as this place is much more dangerous than the previous dungeon. You guys are still 25 level minimum requirement except for Vera who is only 5 levels lower. Are you sure, everyone moves to the fourth dungeon right now?"]

Yes.

Never underestimate our love power to Onii-chan. 

We want to surprise him thus we want to get stronger as much as possible until Onii-chan joins us!

...

After that, all the girls quickly transferred to the fourth dungeon, Volcano... determined to get even stronger for Jin. It was 2 hours later, in found them fighting the fourth boss dungeon and successfully shocked him.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[Intermission: Is it actually easy or hard to obtain a skill?]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(MC): "As the title of this intermission said, I wonder if it is easy to obtain a skill since from what I can see all the girls seem got a lot of skill in the dungeon."

(System): ["It is varying. Depending on the type of skill, some are pretty easy to get... some are actually really hard to get. Most of the time, the chance of activity somehow becoming an actual skill is about 5%"]

(MC): "Can you give me an example?"

(System): ["Hostility Detection was easy to get if you are entering a battle frequently, but specific skill such as Temperature Detection is much harder to get... which is a more advanced type of detection."]

(MC): "Hmm... How much harder it is to get despite the same detection type?"

(System): ["You need to enter the very hot place and very cold place frequently in order to get it. Like the middle of a desert or tundra."]

(MC): "...That sounds ridiculous."

(System): ["You could try to cheat it though, for example, boil yourself in hot water and shortly then enter a freezer... Repeat until the notification of getting the skill shows up. In this way, I believe you will get the Temperature Detection much faster than doing it in a proper way, Jin-sama."]

(MC): "I don't want it! Besides doing that I believe I would catch a cold instead of a skill!"

(System): ["Don't worry! There was also Cold Resistance so you could get 2 kinds of skill instead of one!"]

(MC): "Even so, I am not so dumb to do that just because I want to get a skill!"

(System): ["Sadly there were no Dumb Resistance skill if you wanted to, Jin-sama."]

(MC): "...I wonder if there is a skill that increases my patience toward the system."

...

I was busy (12 hours working a day this week lol, just ask people on SH discord how busy am I lately) and then got sick on these days... Coughing so frequently but thankfully it was not covid. 

Thus, I can't force myself to write something, and the chapter coming way too late... Pardon me. 

The good news is this chapter is 4k words.

No editor... seriously... I will edit all my non-edited chapters later when I am not busy anymore.

45