Chapter 19. Preparation Time. (1)
1.2k 4 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Previously I am focusing on 3rd POV (experimental) now I am back with multiple first POV, baby! Enjoy!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: MC}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

*Sigh*

 I can't help but let out my breath after looking at the note in my hand, which contained a simplified plan for our upcoming event.

This valentine's event plan was done on a whim for Vera... but looking at all the stuff I need to care of on this list...

Costume, Event, Food, Security, Time management, Decoration, Promotion...

This is just too much! Now I understand why my parents were never really done something like this when they were still alive.

I feel so much pressure right now, that my stomach begins to hurl up.

["And later you will need to manage an entire world... bravo Jin-sama."] The system commented.

You are really getting cheekier lately, system. Is this because of the maintenance?

["Pffft. Maybe? My learning capability was improved a lot since the maintenance. I'm also infected by the girls around you, Jin-sama."]

No one said you need to join them. I am getting even more oppressed if you also join them!

["Well, as the wise man said, If you can't defeat them, join them. Besides what kind of man are you, being scared by a woman."]

I am clearly outnumbered here. And you are supposed to be my side, you are my assistance system!

["Pfft. I am also an assistance system for the girls, since you ordered me to do so."] The system replied.

...

*Sigh*

Whatever, I need to do my job now... since we got a limited time before the restaurant opened, I need to do this quickly.

Let's see... On the note, it was said I am taking care of the food and drink, easy peasy. I will also need to contact our wholesaler, Celia nee-san to provide us with more ingredients for February 14th.

My sister and Kaya taking care of the decoration... wait, why it is Kaya? but I don't think it matters if they switch their role... they were twins after all.

Saya prepared herself to become the host of the event..? Damn, her job is the heaviest. I still don't know what the event was about though.. the girls prevent me to do so.

and then there is Vera... who taking care...  the promotion? Vera who is timid and frightened a lot in front of the public is taking care of promotion? Really?

["You want Miss Vera taking care of decoration? Costume? Or become the host of the event? Are you stupid, Jin-sama? She was never in a valentine event before."] The system snorted.

I am sorry. You are right. 

Vera, I am sorry but keep your spirit up!

["Don't worry, I will report to you anything that happen to her, or happened to any employee for this matter. I have connected to every girls in your harem after all."] The system explained.

Alright, I understand. Please, help them.

["I just curious, You seem to begin to accept that your employees are your harem, Jin-sama."] The system asked.

I haven't fully accepted it yet, but I know it's no use to avoid this happening. You know, adapting to the situation.

I think we have been talking about this before.

["Or just realize it is useless to fight back? Pffft."] The system replied.

Well, interpret whatever you want. Just stop disturbing me, please.

I need to try to create a new kind of recipe for the event after all. As a professional restaurant owner, food is the most essential part of our business, so I need to do my absolute best for this.

...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: Amamiya Vera}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

At that time when Jin prayed for Vera who just arrived on the part to do her part...

*Aaaacho!!*

...!!

Uh, What was that? Did I just sneeze without reason?

Did I just catch a cold? Or does the stress begin to accumulate as a cold?

Anyway! What I should do?!

["Pffft. Don't panic, calm down Miss Vera. Do as you had been practiced in the restaurant with everyone. Find people, offer your best smile, lend your hand upfront with flyers in your hand, and said 'Please'. "] The system explained.

Alright, I can do this. Thanks, system!

I hold the flyers in my hand and look at my surrounding.. and there are a lot of people in this park, much more than I have ever seen in the restaurant.

There are a lot of children running around, people who jog around, some people seem just walking after coming back from work, some old people group together and talking on the bench, some happy couple that seems to have a great time together... Uh, I want Jin also doing that to me. So envious...

["Focus, Miss Vera!"] 

...!!!

Ah, I am sorry!

But there are so many people in this park, I don't even know where is to begin!

["You can start with an easy target, Miss Vera!"] The system ordered.

Easy target...

Children who are running around? They should be easier to persuade. And I think I am much better at dealing with children!

["Rejected. You need to chase them and people around might look at you suspiciously for giving away flyers to children."] The system refused.

Uh... Alright.

Then, how about those old people who are enjoying themselves on the bench? 

["That's a good choice for start! They look kind and surely not refusing your advance, Miss Vera."]

But I don't want to disturb them...

["You are forget we just got one hour to do this before the restaurant opened! Do not hesitate! This event is for you!"] The system exclaimed.

...!!!

Yes, how could I forget? Jin was the one who propose this event for me... Jin is so cool! I must work hard and never make Jin felt disappointed! Thanks for reminding me, system.

["I think I just find your soft spot, Miss Vera... But your welcome."] The system replied.

...

Since the system agreed, I slowly walked toward one pair of an old couple who currently sitting peacefully on the bench while also holding their hand.

Even at such old age, they look so sweet... I am so envious, I wonder when Jin would be asked me to date?

We don't even hold hands, yet... I think?

["Focus! Miss Vera!"] The system warned.

...!!

I'm sorry!

...

I stand in front of them and lend my hand upfront with the flyers I have with me. I take a deep breath, close my eyes (because nervous), and quickly recite all the sentences I have been practiced before in the restaurant.

*Inhale*

"Excuse me...!! Sorry for disturbing both of you, it seems both of you are a nice couple, would you like to participate in the event that will happen in Sweet carrot restaurant?" 

...!!

After I said that, I opened my eyes and both grandpa and grandma look at me dumbfounded. Did I spell the wrong words in those sentences?

"..."

...?

["No Miss Vera... *Sigh* I think you are talking too fast!"] 

...!!!

Ah! I messed up my first attempt! I forget old people might have difficulty hearing. 

This is not an easy target, this is an expert target!

The grandma is the first one out of her daze, and quickly asked, "Huh? What did you say, young lady? You are speaking too fast!"

"I am sorry!" I replied while bowing my head down 

...

As expected! So embarrassing! I want to bury my head in a hole!

["Keep optimistic, Miss Vera! They didn't reject, you know?"] The system cheered.

As I bow my head, suddenly the grandpa who has been quiet for a while takes one of the fliers on my hand and then he takes a look at it. 

I look at him in surprise and it seems the grandpa takes interest in what is written on the fliers. Does it mean I am actually doing a good job?

...??

"I see... I see..." The grandpa muttered.

"What do you see on there, dear?" The grandma beside him also take look at the flier.

"Ah, dear! Don't worry this nice girl just want to invite us to the valentine's event in that Origami restaurant. It also said special for a couple who loved each other." The grandpa explained.

"That's us!" The grandma suddenly becomes excited?

Then the grandma suddenly hold my arm and asked, "Hey, twin-tail young lady! There should be no age restriction right?!"

...!!

"T-There should be nothing like that!" I quickly answered.

"Great! Then, We will participate! You had no problem with that right, dear?"

"Nope. This is interesting ohohoho!" The grandpa beside her also agrees.

"I see!! Thank you so much! Just coming to the restaurant in designation time later!" I answered while bowing my head down to them again.

["Don't worry, I also have recorded their DNA so they couldn't be faked!"] The system proudly said.

DNA?! Isn't that bit too much?!

After confirming with them, I quickly leave the old couple as I have so many fliers to giveaway with me.

...

Anyway, We are just actually got our first participant too! This is great!

["I guess your luck stat sometimes really works, Miss Vera. I think you should be fine from now on."]

It seems so. It's actually not hard to do! I just overthinking this.

"Alright, I will work hard!" I said as my spirit is high.

...

After that, Vera continue her promotion of the event while recruiting couples who were interested in the event. A lot of weird couples decide to participate because of Vera's persuasion, and they soon make the valentine's event more interesting than usual.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: Urakashi Kaya}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In the department store, decoration section, Kaya and Rin looked around for the decoration of the event. It was an unfruitful effort, but it can't be said to be a failure either.

...

This is our 4th store visit and it seems we can't find 'fitting' decoration either. It seems Rin's ideas were just good in front, but to actually find them... so troublesome.

I can tell that Rin is currently not calm at all as she frantically looks around for something in here. I can tell she is just afraid to disappoint the owner, but it is obviously impossible for the owner actually be disappointed in Rin. As expected, love made people blind.

Sigh, I need to calm her down.

 I tap her shoulder and said, "This might be rude, Rin-chan... But there's not a lot of decoration heart-shaped in here either. We should move again."

Hearing what I said, Rin clearly looks stressed. After that, She looks around in distress and points to random objects in the distance. "W-Well, look! we found a heart-shaped pillow in the home application section."

...

Hearing what she said, I can't help but find it funny. Rin has always been calm among all of us, but once it is about her brother, she often acts like this. She literally just makes a bad excuse right now.

As expected of hardcore brocon.

I shook my head and answered, "Pillow is not decoration and it was placed in a completely different section, manager."

 "Ugh..."

She slumped down on the floor and hang her hand in depression even though we are in public. I can tell everyone look at us weirdly, and we become the center of attention,

Once again, I tap her shoulder and this time I said, "Don't worry."

"Yes?" She looks up at me while clear confusion in her eyes.

"Let's go to the adult section, and I bet we can find heart-shaped item much easier--mhmgmgmgd"

Rin quickly gag my mouth with her hand and yelled, "That's an even more worst idea! Stop saying embarrassing this and be serious." 

I look at her deadpanned and can't help but thought... Really she just said that when she just slumped down and depressed on the floor just now.

Geez, sometimes I think Rin is just too pure, even though she is supposed to be mentally adult among us.

["Did you just forget about Jin-sama?"] The system suddenly commented.

Ah, system! I forget you are there~ 

Owner? For the time he was acting like a kid. But we still love him regardless.

["I am really curious about your twin's backstory, seriously... what kind of action Jin-sama have done for both of you? You guys are even willingly pretending to be perverted twin in front of Jin-sama every time."] The system asked.

That's Still No - No.

Unless Owner asked it to reveal it to you, then we won't tell you anything. 

Besides what you said is not wrong, we are perverts after all.

["..."]

...

"Kaya, did you just talk with the system just now?" Rin suddenly asked. I didn't even realize Rin has released her hand from my mouth.

I nodded and replied, "Ah, yes sorry, my bad Rin-chan."

Rin continued asked, "Anyway, what we should do?"

"I don't know, want to go adult section?" I asked back with the intent to tease her more.

"No!! Stop being a pervert for while, Kaya!" Rin responded violently, meanwhile, I just shrugged off her response. What's wrong with being honest with yourself?

["The problem is you are too honest, Miss Kaya."] The system commented.

Pfft. It is not a bad thing.

...

"Well... We have placed an order anyway for custom decoration anyway, and it said 3 days later it would be delivered. Let's give up on decoration for now and help me with the costume." Rin said to me.

I nodded and answered, "Hmm... Okay."

After this, we headed to the clothing store, and they also ordered custom costumes according to the plan to be worn on the day of the event. Unfortunately, the clothes will be available within 1 week, the day before the event day... but these are just costumes and not as urgent as decorations, so we are willing to wait that long.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{3rd POV}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

...

In the evening when Vera has come back to the restaurant after giving away the fliers, there's a man who has been following Vera for a while currently holding one of the fliers about the valentine's event. He take a photo of it and sent it to his boss. After all, It is the same man who has been lurking around the restaurant, and right now he is waiting for his boss to answer.

*Ring*

...!!

Not long after he sent the photo, his phone rang, and looking at who called him, he quickly answered the call.

...

'Hello, Kumagaya here.'

'The restaurant seems to want to do a valentine event?'

'Yes, Boss. It seems it will be happening on February 14th in the restaurant based on the information on the flier.'

'Good job, Kumagaya. I am sure they are clearly preparing for it right now and that's our chance. '

...

Hearing what his boss said from another side, the man can't help but be excited and can't wait for his time for revenge.

...

'Tell me what I should do, boss.'

'We will make sure that their valentine event becomes a failure in order to ruin their reputation. After their reputation is ruined, It would be much easier for us to continue to weaken them, and then applied more plans to them so they could give up on their building.

'Uh boss, Why you just don't send me manpower and I can clearly beat all of them?'

'Don't be stupid, Kumagaya, Do you want to enter a jail again?'

'I am sorry.'

'Whatever, I will send the detailed plan to you later. I will do something on their preparation, meanwhile, you will keep sending me the situation.'

'Roger.'

*Beep*

...

After making sure the call is ended, he put back his phone in his pocket, and grips tightly the flier in his hand while muttering, "It seems my revenge would come pretty quickly soon."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

...

In endless white space, a man wearing a tuxedo sitting on the sofa while watching the looking old TV in front of him, and also there's a popcorn labeled 'unlimited' in his hand. On the TV monitor, you can see there's Jin and another girl's situation as the show inside of it. The man clearly having a good time watching them as he smiled widely.

"Ohohoho... I see some problems might be coming toward that young man in the future. <System>."

As the man said that. A woman in a white maid costume appeared beside him. If Jin were able to see her, he would easily recognize that this woman has the same appearance as his sister, except with pink eyes and hair.

["I am here Original One."]

...

Even though he looks different, this man's identity actually the man that gives Jin his current power... the Original One. Sure enough, as the strongest god, he could change his appearance to whatever he wanted. And the maid-girl is actually the system humanoid form, granted by Original One after maintenance.

"It seems young man Jin would have a lot of trouble coming for him in the future."

["Do we need to warn Jin-sama, Estemeed creator?"] The system asked.

The man smiled, shook her head, and amusingly said "No need to do that, system-chan! What I asked is to do the opposite! Don't tell him or any girls beside him about the mice around them. Also As always, don't tell him about my monitoring."

["Alright..."] The system helplessly replied.

"Don't worry! I don't have any bad plan for him!"

Hearing what her creator, she can't help but exclaimed, ["Really?"]

"Keep staying beside him. While he needs to learn how to manage another world, of course, he also needs to learn about his own birth world first. After all, his world actually not that simple. Ohohohoho!"

...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[Intermission: Now I just wondering, what's wrong with everyone's name?]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(MC): "As the title of this intermission said, system... do you have any idea what the deal is with everyone's names?"

(System): ["What do you mean, Jin-sama? I don't get your question."]

(MC): "Just think about it system, my name is Jin... My sister's name is Rin. My father's name is Gin, and my mother's name is Lin."

(System): ["Uh... quite unique name for your whole family, Jin-sama."]

(MC): "Then, there's a perverted twin.. whose both named Kaya and Saya."

(System): ["I see?"]

(MC): "Then, there's my crush, Vera and there is also a new girl who joined us, Mera."

(System): ["..."]

(MC): "Why everyone's name is so similar to each other? It's confusing to me sometimes!"

(System): ["I don't know about that... maybe it was because of the setting."]

(MC): "Few chapters back I have said do not use that kind of 4th wall breaking answer, system."

(System): ["But I don't really know the answer. Even I just realized it."]

(MC): "Well... at least, there's no one who named similar as you, system."

(System): ["Now... I can't help but have a bad feeling you clearly jinx this one, Jin-sama."]

(MC): "..."

2 days update, is this miracle? Well... I mean, I  did say that I am trying to pay back all lateness of updates. I got free time a bit and decided, it is time to write baby. A lot of premonitions appeared in this chapter, and there's also the first time I am doing one of the twin POVs... and as you can see... they are not that simple.

I am actually having a bit of fun again in this chapter, and honestly, I can't wait to have more fun later when the 'valentine's event' is started, lol. 3k+ words btw.

Anyway, no editor, or proofreader. They are just myths xD

27