Chapter 20. Preparation Time. (2)
923 6 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: MC}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

5 days before Valentine day's

I have learned the new dish for valentine's menu. So, when the restaurant has been not opened yet, I call everyone to take a look and ask their opinion about the new dishes.

Well, one of them... Since we don't have much time.

The first special menu I put on was Origami Strawberry Sundae. This is not a normal strawberry sundae though, since I have been working a lot to make it our unique sundae.

The ice cream itself is a normal basic strawberry taste but, the appearance is far different from that. On the top, there are candies and choco-chip acting as the topping along with cherry, on top of vanilla cream. Right in the middle, I put a layer of custom cherry peppermint cream to give a surprise taste... hiding inside the base cream. The sauce (drizzle) itself can be chosen by the customer whether chocolate or strawberry. I want to add more choices, but the lack of ingredients prevents me to do so.

We are after all restaurants, not cafes or dessert shops.

...

"How does it looks?"

""Wow!""

I put 4 sundaes in front of them and their eyes suddenly look gleaming. As expected, most of the girls really like sweet foods.

"This looks good! What is this?" Vera excitedly said.

"Is this an ice cream? This is a sundae, right?" My sister answered.

I nodded and explained, "Origami Strawberry Sundae, it looks like but believe me there is a surprise inside it."

"Owner, I don't think we have an ice cream maker, and our freezer was full...." Saya asked.

I have expected this kind of question coming so I quickly explained, "Well... It was easy, I just wish for a literal ice cream maker and another freezer so there should be no problem to accommodate this. The system also helps me to make it possible."

...

Really, Thanks for the help, system.

["Your welcome, I am after all your assistant after all."] 

I might be unable to create life, but creating and modifying non-living objects is something I have mastered even when the first time I have become a god.

["You should keep studying soul first, and then you can create a clone to train faster, Jin-sama."] 

Don't worry. I will try my best to learn after we are done with this event.

Alright then...

They haven't eaten yet...??

Looking at them seem not eating it yet, I can't help but clicked my tongue and said, "What are you all doing? Please taste it before it melted."

Saya raise her arm and answered, "Well.. we are waiting for your permission, owner." 

I shrugged and replied, "Just eat it. Believe me, it will taste good! My career is at the stake!"

"Alright then, Onii-chan." My sister nodded, which was also followed by all the girls.

""Itadakimasu!""

They took a spoonful of it and put it into their mouth about at the same time together.

...!!!

"Dish ish shoo goodd!" Vera exclaimed while she was still 'tasting' the ice cream sundae in her mouth.

The others didn't immediately react as Vera did, but I can tell they are enjoying it, especially my sister. Looks like it is a huge success for me, and once again, I have proven myself as the best restaurant owner.

["You mean the best chefs, Jin-sama?"]

Nah... they are just the same. I think.

["No. They are not."] The system retorted.

...

One minute later after tasting, this is the time for evaluation.

"10 out of 10, it looks pretty and delicious!" Vera responded excitedly.

Well... I didn't expect any kind of depth opinion coming from Vera. She seems like a girl who just enjoys tasting delicious things.

My sister then also commented, "9 out of 10, I think you add too much sugar on this a bit Onii-chan, especially the sauce is too sticky in my throat. It is still delicious though."

"Hmm... I see, I will add more water later." I quickly replied to my sister's suggestion.

"10 out of 10, everything that owner makes is always good" Saya answered.

"I will put the same score as Saya." Kaya followed. 

"Your guy's evaluation doesn't really help..." I said while I let out my breath.

Hearing my comment, the girls just giggled while looking at me amusedly. Well, I can only smile wryly at them while shaking my head. 

I did never expect them to give me any valuable evaluation since I know the girls would do their best to annoy me.

["Are you masochist, Jin-sama?"] The system blurted.

I want to say No, but I know my current action is what makes you think so. I won't even bother to argue.

Now, Time to clean the table and back to the kitchen.

...

"But on a serious note, Onii-chan. You are already a really good cook." My sister commented.

"Thank you." 

Getting praised by my sister is always something that I would be proud of. After all, I know my sister is honestly much more skilled than me in a lot of aspects.

["Inferiority complex?"]

Maybe.

"Owner really would make a good wife." Kaya commented.

Hearing what Kaya just said, I quickly replied, "I am a male, oii!"

"Well... Jin-kun surely will be a good husband." Vera supported.

"Ugh, stop saying unnecessary things," I said to hide my embarrassment.

I speed up my table cleaning because this topic is kind of embarrassing to listen.

As I have finally done cleaning the table and going back, my sister suddenly commented, "I think Onii-chan would be good in woman clothes, you know?" 

"Sister?!" 

["Pffft!!"]

Hearing that shocking statement by my own beloved sister, I almost slip on the floor and was barely able to prevent all the tableware from falling on the floor.

 Why did my sister get such a dangerous idea?!

...

"Hmm... I am curious... owner is good with woman's clothes."

"I also the same, Saya."

"Jin-kun as a woman..."

...

I can tell my instinct as a man warn me to GTFO here as the girls look at me with a dangerous gaze.

*ZAPP*

...!!!

I quickly wished to teleport to the kitchen to save my dignity from being trampled. After that, I hide in the dungeon world until the time the restaurant opened.

["You are pathetic, Jin-sama."]

Stop being mean toward me, system! If there was something I won't do no matter what, it is wearing a woman's clothes!

["Pffft."]

Damn it, you should not learn from the girl around me. They are not mean, a normal girl!

["Even your sister?"]

Yes, even my sister is dangerous. No sister would confess her loves for his own brother!

["You guys not even connected by blood."] 

That doesn't change anything!

...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After the restaurant opened...

I will admit... I haven't solved the lack of manpower and security issues for the event yet. Not even Esmeralda knows the answer because she is still unfamiliar with our situation here. (law, environment, etc)

But Mera wasn't the only person I could ask for help.

Just 10 minutes after the opening, as always our daily first customer old man Kobayashi entered the restaurant. Even after knowing him for years, I honestly didn't really know what he is doing for life, or why he likes our restaurant... aside from talking with me every day. He is a punctual person and has always been giving us advice whenever we got a problem that we can't solve on our own. Honestly, talking to him is like talking to my own grandfather, someone that my parent said they are long dead before I was even born.

What I know about him is that he is generous and helps us a lot. 

["And rich."]

Yeah, that too.

As always, I come to him personally to serve him, but this time my sister also followed me to sit beside me. She might be able to help with this discussion after all.

...

After serving his order, and explaining our situation to my sister, the old man quickly asked, "I see, You need security and manpower for this event, Jin?" 

"Yes."

He raised his eyebrow and asked, "Can you tell me why you want to do this event?"

Hearing his question, I averted my eyes from him because I feel embarrassed.  Can I really tell him the real reason was for Vera?

["Yes. I don't see any reason to not answer this, Jin-sama."]

You didn't help, system! This should be something personal!

As I am still struggling with an answer, my sister suddenly said, "He is doing this for his crush, Vera-chan."

...!!

"Sis!!"  I can't help but be shocked by my sister's response. She answered it like it was nothing!

["I mean, it was nothing, You are just overthinking, Jin-sama."] The system retorted.

Hearing my sister's answer, the Old man Kobayashi laughed heartily saying "Hahahahaha!! I see, it was for a girl!" 

"Ugh." 

*BAMM*

I can't help but plant my face on the table to hide my embarrassment. I can tell my sister also chuckled beside me, and she seems expected this kind of reaction from me.

Seriously, I wonder why they are so mean? I don't think I have ever offended any of them. I really can't understand girl.

["If this makes you feel a bit better, Jin-sama. Other girls also laughing in the kitchen watching this from afar."] The system commented.

It doesn't help at all! You evil system!

["Pfft."]

The old man Kobayashi seems pondered for a while and then he replied, "I do have some connection with a security company, but for manpower of a restaurant-- honestly, you should be able to recruit temporary workers by yourself." 

Again, my sister cut me in and said, "Naturally Kobayashi Ojii-sama, we have thought about it but the question is do you have someone that you could recommend for us?"

As expected of my sister, she is really worthy of being a manager, and bringing her in here is indeed a good idea. Well, As the owner, I also need to prove that I am not useless. 

I quickly added to my sister's question,  "Indeed, we planned to start recruiting from tomorrow, but as an owner, We can't help but think we need to be careful to recruit employees."

"Why?" The old man asked again.

I look at him seriously, and replied, "After all, my employees are also my family. And because of that, it is obvious that I don't want to bring any bad people to my family."

I would rather have the event fail than potentially harmed my employee after all.

Hearing my answer, the old man Kobayashi smiled and answered, "How about my granddaughter, Jin?"

""Granddaughter?""

Both of me and my sister reacted at the same time. We have known him for years by now, and yet we didn't even know that he has a granddaughter!

Looking at our reaction, the old man just chuckled and then explained, "Yes. She has been postered me for a while to let her work part-time, but I didn't allow it for her own safety. However, I think she should be okay in your hand, Jin. She should be trustable and diligent, although you might need to teach her a bit. And of course, I need to ask her first... but I don't think she would reject this." 

So... another complete newbie like Vera. I don't think that's a big deal for us. After all, I can't reject the old man's offer toward us, that would be rude. 

"So, what do you think, Jin? Deal?" The old man asked and then stretched out his hand for a handshake with me.

I put my professional business smile, shake his hand, and answered, "No worry. That's already really helpful, Old man. We have a deal." 

"I see. Then, I will leave her with you. Don't worry overworked her. She needs to learn how harsh working is." The old man added.

I shrugged my head and responded, "Leave it to us! There's no slacker on our establishment!"

"Besides, you know... My sister is a professional teacher." I said and then we look at my sister for some reason already holding a harisen in her hand while smiling smugly at us.

I can't help but sweat right now, sis you didn't convince him at all!

"Uh... No violence toward my granddaughter, please." The old man said while slightly bowing his head.

"As long she is not as bad as Vera-chan, sure, Ojii-san." My sister answered with a smile, but I doubt that would reassure the old man at all. At least hide that harisen first, sister!

...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

On the night after the restaurant closed down, I called everyone for a meeting again. I know, there are too many meetings lately, but communication is a key after all. Besides checking the progress of each girl, I also need to tell them something.

We need more time... and for that... we might need to be absent from the school before the main event day.

It is just something I realize recently because Mera told me... she told me that it is impossible to set up the place normally without using god power within a few hours... which is true. The decoration will be arriving a day before the main day, and I might need to set up a day earlier to process all the ingredients. Just think about this... cultural school festivals need a week of preparation.

Setting all things on the main event day? I am not a god!

["But you are."]

...

A-Anyway, Thank god Mera reminded me. I am really thankful for my decision to befriend her to become our consultant!

["*Sigh* You did see the uniform design though."]

That's the most important thing after all! The girl's appearance is one of the main attractions of this restaurant after all!

"Ehemm!"

...!!

As I am still bickering with the system in my mind, a sudden hump from my sister made me come back to reality... and I realize everyone's eyes are already on me.

"Yes, sister?" 

My sister let out a breath and said, "Onii-chan, I know you might be having fun talking with system-chan, but we need to start this meeting."

I scratch my back head and replied, "Yes. I am sorry, everyone. Let's start the meeting."

*Clap*

After clapping my hand to gather their attention, I immediately announce," Before I ask about everyone's progress in here... First, I need to announce something important we might need to decide" 

"Something important?" My sister commented.

I nodded and continue said, "Yes. But if any of you would disagree I want to say, that's okay. This is something that any of us shouldn't do after all."

Suddenly, Vera raised her hand and asked, "Jin-kun, you really want to wear girl's clothes?" 

"No!" I replied loudly to deny her accusation.

""Pffft!""

All the girls laughing together, while I pinch my nose, wondering if Vera would soon come back to her old self. Being a girl who loved pranked me.

Dang, thinking about it even made my back feels the chills.

["That would be good, right Jin-sama since it means she has adapted to your current situation and feels comfortable about it."] The system replied.

...You are right. I should be happy... but I also feel sad. It is complicated.

...

Ignoring their previous comment, I continue to explain what I want to say, "A-Anyway...!! As you all know, we got ourselves an event to do, coming under a week in here, but looking at our current progress... I can't help but wonder if we might need to sacrifice more of our time to prepare for this event.  I suggested, for everyone not go to school a day before valentine's day happens and even close the restaurant for preparation. So, how it is?" 

"One day absent from school shouldn't be a problem, Onii-chan." My sister replied.

"Owner command is more important than school." Saya also replied. followed by a nod from her twin.

"I don't even go to school..?" Vera added.

I didn't expect they would agree with my idea of being absent from school for the sake of the restaurant easily. I thought my sister would disagree with me... considering I know she got a lot of friends. And I know, she is never absent from the school aside when she got sick and when our parents died.

"Are you guys really okay with this?" I asked for confirmation.

""No problem!"" All of the girls answered together.

I look at my sister and again asked, "Sis, are you sure?" 

"Of course Onii-chan after all, I am the manager here. I need to be here when the business has something important ongoing." My sister firmly replied and looked me back seriously.

"I see."

...

My sister seems really determined on this, so I stop asking her. What she just said was true though, she indeed needs to be here as the manager.

I quickly wished for our whiteboard filled with Valentine's Day plan to appear beside me, so I can officially start the meeting.

*ZAPP*

...!!

After the whiteboard appeared, I also quickly wished a marker on my hand and don't forget to add a snack to the table. After all, none of us have dinner yet, and we need the energy to talk about this.

*ZAPP*

*ZAPP*

...!!

The moment it appears, the girl quickly takes the sweets on the table and munch on them. I also kinda want to take one, but right now I need to be serious.

While pointing at the whiteboard with a marker, I look at them seriously and said, "Alright, looking at the whiteboard. How's the detail of each preparation, girls?" 

My sister immediately raise her hand and said, "M....mecomation mould be awwive tomorrow!"

I shook my head and replied, "Please do not talk while eating, sis."

"I am sowwy!" My sister answered with an apologetic face. Seriously, Sometimes I wonder if someone could bribe my sister with sweets to do whatever they wanted to. I am seriously concerned with her future.

"Jin-kun!" Vera suddenly raised her hand.

"Yes, Vera-chan?" 

With confidence, she stand up and proudly said, "I think I have done my part! I also got several participants for the event in the event so we don't need to recruit participants on the main day! The system recorded them, by the way!"

System?

["Don't worry, I will give out the detail after this meeting. You need to focus on the meeting right now, Jin-sama"] The system answered.

Thanks. I will count on you on that.

To think Vera is the first one actually do her own part is actually amazing. I thought she got a problem when it comes to communicating in public, but it seems I worry for nothing.

["Well... her luck is surely one thing that made it possible for Miss Vera, Jin-sama. Never underestimated Miss Vera's luck."] The system commented.

I did remember Vera is the one who has the highest luck stat among us. When you said it, it sounds amazing. 

...

I nodded to show my understanding and then asked, "I see... did you completely give out the flyers, Vera-chan?" 

She cheerfully answered, "Yes! All of 1500 completely gone in 3 days!" 

She did all of that in 3 days?! Even though she just got like 1 hour before the restaurant's opening?

["She did it from the morning, Jin-sama. She doesn't go to school, remember?"] The system commented.

...Ah I see. Even so, that's still amazing work from her.

"Good job Vera-chan. You did a great job!"

Hearing my praise, Vera looked very happy and her eyes shone like a child who had just been given a compliment by her parents. Suddenly I have the urge to pat her head, so I did... and she reacted quite... cute about it.

*Pat* *Pat*

...!!

"T-Thank you! Awawawa Jin-kun praised me! I did a good job!"

Well... she looks childish and giddy at the moment. She looks so... dazzling, that I can't help but averted my eyes from her. I really don't regret bringing Vera back to this world, the current Vera is even very different from before... very cute and obedient, unlike the one, she used to tease me.

["She is maiden in love, Jin-sama. Are you also in love with her?"] The system asked.

Maybe...? I still have a crush on her, for sure.

...

After patting her head for a while, I release my hand and walked back toward the whiteboard to continue the meeting. Vera also sits back and becomes quiet as she blushes so bad, but still... clear happiness still shows on her face.

"Alright, then... who's next to report?"  I asked while giving a clear check on the promotion part on the whiteboard.

"Onii-chan, Me!" My sister raised her right hand with a high spirit.

"Yes, sister?"

"I got a call earlier from the supplier and it said the decoration set would arrive tomorrow!" My sister exclaimed.

I held my chin and answered, "I see... so we might have more time to prepare earlier."

"Yeah!" She answered excitedly.

This is actually good news. We can start setting the decor from tomorrow so on the last day we can focus on something else, like the event itself. I haven't seen the detail of the decoration itself though, can you show me later, system?

["Yes, Jin-sama."] 

Good assist.

...

After confirming with the system, I should ask the twins about their progress too but then---

*RING*

...!!

My sister's phone ringing interrupted our meeting. She made eye contact with me and asked if she should answer it since it looks like she got an important call, and I nodded.

After that, She hurriedly answered the phone... and we can't help but get concerned about what happened. My sister's complexion on her face becomes bad after answering the call, but we still wait for my sister to finish her call.

Looks like my sister got bad news from the caller... because my sister answered the caller like she is asking for help. There was an answer 'Can you do something about it?' and 'We don't have enough time' among my sister's answers... but it seems that at the end of the call, my sister failed to negotiate with the caller.

...

*BEEP*

After my sister close the call, she looks depressed and said, "Onii-chan... it seems the decoration order is canceled without clear reason."

...What?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[Intermission: How does Vera do her job quickly? ]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(MC): "As the title of this intermission said, system... can you tell me how even Vera managed to do her part quickly? I was curious and I forget to ask you."

(System): ["Pffft. All I can say, it was because of her luck, Jin-sama."]

(MC): "Did her luck really that amazing? how does it work?"

(System): ["Yeah, it's like fate itself is favoring her and reality changed based on her whim! For example, every time she asked people to take the flier, people seems to take pity on her immediately and take initiative to ask the detail of the event itself."]

(MC): "Well... considering how cute she is... of course, people would do that..."

(System): ["It works on all kinds of people, Jin-sama. 100%!! Even people who are being late still stopped by and asked Miss Vera about the flyer's content instead of worrying about coming late to work!"]

(MC): "Hmm... That would still be because of how what Vera-chan looks like... I mean, even I want to revive her back to life at that time."

(System): [" You really underestimated her, Jin-sama...There is also a moment when she approached a crazy man in the street, and he suddenly becomes sane and then enthusiastically asked Miss Vera about the event."]

(MC): "Huh? How it does work? Did Vera-chan's luck is more amazing than my own ability?"

(System): ["There is also a criminal, a veteran otaku, 3 years old kid, a member of JSDF, a literal bunch of cats---"]

(MC): "WaitWaitWait! What kind of people Vera-chan just invited to our event!?"]

...

I got busy last week on something else (rhythm game stuff and reading a novel). Then, when I finally have time to write, I got stuck on conveying scenes with words in this chapter a TON, and made me got a headache lol! I am seriously suffering from writing this xD the issue of having a bad English writing skill... uhh...

4k+ words btw.

 

22