Chapter 25. Crossing the Line.
737 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: Kobayashi Raika}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I, Kobayashi Raika admittedly underestimated this restaurant's busy hours earlier. I thought I would have no problem with the training I have received from my family, but this is a new level of hell.

I never expect that working for real is really demanding.

The customer coming nonstop for hours and all of the employees here has been running around serving all the incoming customer for one hour!

...

Right now, I am currently busy delivering the food ordered for table number 1.

"Thank you very much for waiting. Here is the order delivered, which are 3 Origami special fried rice, 1 iced tea, and 2 orange juice." 

"Thank you! You are a new employee, right? You are doing pretty good!" The customer praised.

I nodded, quickly take a note, and asked, "Thank you! Anything you want to order more, customer?"

"No! Keep it up, newcomer!" The customer shook his head.

"Yes!!"

...!!

After that, I hurriedly come back to the kitchen, waiting to deliver another food for another table since everyone else is occupied with something to do.

Surprisingly, some customers were even okay with waiting for available tables in order to get inside the restaurant instead of finding other establishments so this place seems got a lot quite a good reputation. 

Thankfully, the customer seems to understand the situation and patiently waited while some of them even cheer me up... Recognizing me as a new face in here. 

I admit... this restaurant deserved to be my grandfather's favorite restaurant despite the real circumstances behind his action.

...

As I am indulge in my own thinking, the chef and the chief of this restaurant, Jin-san suddenly called me out and ordered, "Raika-san! Table numbers 8 and 9! Clean it up! And after that be ready to send the food to table number 4!" 

"Y-Yes!" 

Listening to Jin-san, I take an empty tray from the kitchen, quickly go to table number 8, take out all the dirty plates and cups from it, and then also clean the table afterward with a clean cloth.

"Welcome to the sweet carrot! Customer, please follow me to table number 8--"

Rin, the manager who noticed I have done with it quickly deliver the new customer who has been waiting at the entrance to sit on table number 8 that I just cleaned like it's a natural thing to do. She proceeds to professionally ask for the orders and deliver them to the kitchen. She is also able to handle consecutive customer requests with ease.

...

"I'll have the usual Origami Fried Rice with lemon tea." (Costumer A)

"Understood. Please wait shortly."

"Can I order too?" (Costumer B)

"Yes, right away."

"Excuse me, I spilled my water."

"I'll clean it right away! Won't be a moment."

...

Seriously, The manager's efficiency is scary, and unlike me, she doesn't seem tired at all! Meanwhile, I am here was out of breath, my leg is sore, and my dress is wet because of my own sweat, pouring a lot due to excessive activity I have been doing for hours... 

Now I just realize it, I did notice that Vera-san is working twice as fast as I do, even though she sometimes makes some mistakes. And like the manager, she doesn't seem tired either. The twins, who both handle the register and helped with the drink and food delivery with Vera-san also do not seem tired either. Obviously, The scariest person here is the owner who made all the food order by himself. 

I also realize this restaurant should be opened every day... Does this mean, they really handle situations like this everyday basis?!

I can't imagine how crowded the weekend is, since the usual work day is already full of the costumer. And I also wonder how much money they could get every night...?

...

"Raika, Table number 3 is just done. Prepare to clean!" 

"A-alright, Manager!" 

...

Anyway, I need to survive until the end. Since grandpa is the one who recommended this place to me, I won't let my grandfather be disappointed!

...Hopefully.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: MC}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

...

After 3 hours of endless service, we were finally able to relax. I feel today is particularly crowded for some reason but with the help of the twins who managed to come back 10 minutes before the busy hour, we managed to survive.

Except for our new employee, Raika.

She has fallen asleep about a few minutes ago in the storage room due to how tired she is working for several hours without any break. Unlike Vera or everyone here, she is just a normal teenager without any power who just experienced the hardship of working in society. 

I can't blame her though, she is already doing a good job as a new employee. She has already exceeded my expectation.

*Sigh*

...

Anyway, since we were able to breathe right now, I can start to ask the twins why they are getting so late to come back to the restaurant. So after making sure the situation is okay, I call both of them to the kitchen directly, as they refused to tell everyone in the chat group.

"So, what's happened?"

I stared at both twins seriously while folding my arm, waiting for their answer. Instead of answering my question, they begin to banter with each other as always.

...

"Saya, owner seems not happy." (Kaya)

"Yes, Kaya." (Kaya)

"Why? I thought he would be happy after we completed our task successfully, delivering the uniform." (Kaya)

"Then, we should offer ourselves to be forgiven by the owner. Like showing him our panties." (Saya)

"I forget to wear panties though." (Kaya)

"Me too." (Saya)

"We are really twins, aren't we?" (Kaya)

"Un. It feels chills below but it should be doesn't matter for the owner." (Saya)

...

Listening to their ridiculous conversation, I can't help but hang my head and want to slam it into the nearby wall.

"It does matter, you perverted twin!"

*BONK*

...!!

I hit both of their head at the same time to stop the conversation getting even more weirder.

""Ouch!""

Both twins rubs their head in pain after I hit them. I would believe their act if I don't know that they are not normal humans anymore.

"Owner, this is domestic violence." (Saya)

"We can report you for this." (Kaya)

"But, he is our owner? It is natural that he can do anything to us?" (Saya)

"Hmm... So the owner is sadistic." (Kaya)

"We need to grow M attribute." (Saya)

"I think we already have it. After all, Owner forced us to work tirelessly nonstop for years." (Kaya)

....

Holding my forehead in annoyance, I rolled my eyes and commented, "Saya, Kaya, stop playing and tell me what actually happened, please."

Saya suddenly raised her hand and said, "Why you don't ask system-chan in your head, Owner?"

"The owner is sometimes really forgetful" Kaya commented.

...

Hearing what Saya and Kaya said, I felt stupid as I really forget about the system. Damn it!

System, you come out!

["Hello, Jin-sama."]

Hello, system. I really forget that you were supposed to report everything that happened to twin for me.

So, you should know what I want right now.

["Yes. I can transfer the memory of everything that happened with the twins in detail instantly."] The system replied.

Alright. Please do it quickly.

["Affirmative."]

...!!!

*DING*

==================

[The memory has been successfully transferred.]

==================

After hearing a notification in my brain, of a sudden I got a lot of information poured into my brain regarding what the twins and the system did in the evening.

...

Starting from the twins were getting attacked, the bounty. finding out about the club, wreaking havoc in the club, and then finding out who the perpetrator is.

...!!!

At first, I want to smack the system because of her persuasion and help, the twin was able to make a lot of trouble. Maybe if I check the television right now, I could see the news 'Power Raider beating people' which might ruin countless people's childhood dreams.

But then the interrogation revealed a piece of shocking information to me. It turns out that the bounty was issued by someone from the Kuroba Group... Which means, my mother's main family.

Why?

I can't help but wonder if there is someone that still hates my mother from that family?

Knowing how serious this matter is, First I need to prevent others to get known to this information.

"For now, Saya, Kaya... Please do not tell everyone else about this situation."

""Roger!"" Both twins immediately salute together.

After that, I told them to back work in the main area so the other would be not suspicious.

I know both twins are smart, they should understand my decision.

After all, they need to focus on preparing for the event after all. I don't want everyone to get distracted and concerned, especially my sister.

Next...

System, find out who is behind the attack on the Kuroba Family. Even if it would notify the local gods in here.

["...Are you sure, Jin-sama?"]

Yes. Because someone had crossed the line when they dare to attack my employee directly.

["Even though it would make your normal life even more difficult, Jin-sama?"]

Yes. Compared to the safety of my employee, that would be nothing. 

["I see. Then, I will do as you said. Be prepared to be visited by my creator though, since he is actually told me to not assist you, Jin-sama."]

Wait, so you actually had noticed this a long time ago? But prevented to tell me since that stinky old man does not allow you?

["Of course I do. After all, I am responsible for anti-magic and monitoring of this place."]

Why he would do that?

Ah, whatever. I would never understand the logic behind his action like I still do not understand why he wants me to be a god.

["I am glad you are getting smarter, Jin-sama."]

I don't need your sarcasm, system!

 ...

*DING*

==================

[Scanning the targetted area...]

*DING*

[The memory has been successfully transferred.]

==================

Only in a matter of seconds, once again, a lot of information entered my head regarding everything that happened behind the attack.

At that moment, I find out the truth about the attack, the reason behind it, and coincidentally discover a lot of things including the situation with our new employee, Raika.

After knowing all of this 'information', I admit the perpetrator is really smart. We would definitely fall into his plan if we are normal humans in the first place. Despite being smart though, I also discover his evil act like killing his own father, forcing his own son and daughter, and abandoning his own wife when she was getting sick.

He is truly a bad son, father, and husband. 

...

*Sigh*

After processing the information in my mind, I take a deep breath and sit down. A lot of this information feels shocking to me, especially knowing one of those despicable men was getting out of jail seeking revenge on me and my sister. 

...

"I see, that guy was stalking us everyday and we don't realize it at all." I muttered.

["I am sorry Jin-sama, but the Original One prohibited me to inform you."] The system replied.

I understand your situation, don't worry. That stinky old man probably was testing me or something like that, right?

["Are you a prophet, Jin-sama?"]

I am supposed to be beyond that, you know? Besides, I had just begun to get used to that old man's antics.

["Pfft."]

Anyway... Too bad, I am now aware of that man presence. Even I am aware of the mastermind behind him, which is technically still part of my biological family.

System, Keep updating me whenever that man behind the scene changed his plan.

["I am planning to do that, Jin-sama."]

Good. 

I might be not as smart as him, but no matter what plan he comes up with, I will be able to anticipate it.

I also might need that man after this event, to straighten things up.

After all, he is still my biological uncle.

...

Though right now, I didn't realize there would be so much trouble would be coming for me in the future because of this decision.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{3rd POV}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Somewhere inside the Kuroba Group Mansion.

...

"The underworld club in the south of Tokyo got attacked by someone in Power Raider costume? What kind of dumb person does this?"

A rich white-haired man in his late 40s frowned inside his own office after hearing the news about the underworld club coming from his phone. He never expect that someone would dare to wreak havoc inside the club, a place where multiple people with a lot of authority played inside it. This accident definitely disturbed his carefully planned scenario, and he needs to revise his plan again. But the problem is his time is limited, and it would be harder to achieve his purpose outside this chance.

As a current leader of the Kuroba family, Kuroba Gotou does not know the word 'failure', and no matter what he will achieve his goal.

After that, he keeps tapping the table with his finger while thinking of a solution for this unexpected setback in his plan for a long time, until he hears a knock on the door.

*Knock* *Knock*

...!!!

"Enter!" Gotou yelled out.

*Click*

From the door, Kumagaya, the man who has been observing Sweet Carrot restaurant for the past weeks entered the room with a grim expression.

"Boss, did you hear the news about the underworld club?" 

"Yes. It seems we need to do the backup plan." Gotou nodded.

Kumagaya become excited hearing his boss answer and asked, "That plan... is to hire the yakuza group and attack that place directly? Can you let me handle this for you, boss?"

Looking at Kumagaya enthusiast, he quickly shook his head and replied, "Not yet. I need to find out if there is still Kobayashi group protection in that place."

Either way, Gotou feels that Kumagaya's frenzied desire for revenge is not suitable for participating in his backup plan.

"A-Alright, boss." Kumagaya nodded. Kumagaya is aware about the political situation between the rich group is complicated, and naturally, he won't dare to play around with it.

Gotou looked at Kumagaya, tapped his table again, and asked, "Do you have any new updates about that restaurant?"

Kumagaya nodded and then replied, "Yes. It seems they got a new employee again. Also, while we are able to stop their decoration order, it seems they intended to make them on their own."

Gotou smiled and explained, "That's something I have been expecting. What I want to achieve is a sense of insecurity for them, but as I expected from my sister's son, he wouldn't easily give up."

Remembering well how his sister acted when they are still together, made him wish to come back to the past. However, he know that was impossible. The only thing he could do right now is to get his sister's son back while destroying the place where they used to live in.

"Do you have any idea what is the identity of the new employee?" Gotou continues to ask.

Kumagaya shook his head, "I haven't known about the name of that new employee, but I do have the photo of the new employee."

After that, Kumagaya quickly takes out his phone, which contains the photo of the new employee from afar, and shows it to his boss. The moment his boss looks at it though, he is really surprised as he is quite sure of the identity of the new employee itself.

...!!

"This girl, is Kobayashi heir, my son's fiancee!" Gotou exclaimed. 

Kumagaya who hear the answer also surprised and can't help but asked, "Then, what we should do, boss?"

Kumagaya is not stupid. He knew the implication of his boss's son's fiancee mean they can't attack the restaurant arbitrarily.

Gotou held his chin for a while, thinking of a solution, and then suddenly he thought of a brilliant idea.

"For now, you keep what you are doing right now. I will be told my stupid son to infiltrate that place by also working there with reason to deepen the bond between fiancee." The man explained while smiling.

With his plan, he believes that it would solve all his current problems in one sweep. One is to get his son more chances to deepen their relationship with the Kobayashi princess. Second, more direct information about that place would be beneficial for him. Third, he could tell his son disrupted the situation inside that cursed place.

Confirming his thought, Gotou told Kumagaya to leave as he want to make a call with Kobayashi Group's current leader about his plan.

...

Too bad he does not realize that his plan was already doomed the moment he started to frontally attack Jin people.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In the supernatural world...

Takamagahara, Heaven of the Japanese god realm.

...

Inside the majestic traditional-looking castle, one young girl with long black hair sitting impatiently alone in a very big luxurious room. Despite her fragile looks, she is actually one of the strongest gods in the Shinto religion, the goddess of the authority of the sun, Amaterasu. 

The source of her current trouble is a strong divine fluctuation a few minutes ago, which swept in across all the japan and could be felt by any supernatural creatures in this land. There is a clear frown on her face and personality, she wants to go find the cause, but as the manager of this place, she can't leave as she pleases.

Is she wondering what she needs to do in this situation, suddenly she hears a step coming toward her room, followed by the door sliding open.

*Slide*

...!!

"Amaterasu-sama!"

It was one of her direct subordinates, a blonde girl with a voluptuous figure and well known as nine tail fox youkai, Kyuubi. After entering the room, she closes the door and kneels down in front of her master.

Amaterasu look at her subordinate and asked with a serious tone, "Did you find the source of divine power fluctuation?" 

"N-No, but we had concluded that it was coming from Tokyo, the capital of Japan." Kyuubi timidly answered, afraid of getting punished.

Amaterasu who didn't look satisfied with the answer, replied, "We need to investigate this. I didn't recognize this divine power. We might have a rogue god lurking in our area. Raise your head."

Kyuubi "What we should do, Amaterasu-sama?"

"Dispatch those all Omyouji to help, including in the Kyoto to find the bottom of this.  Also! Don't forget to warn my brother to be not to do anything stupid... And-- never mind. That's all my command."

Amaterasu want to say that the owner of that divine fluctuation should be stronger than herself and they need to be careful, but in the end, she didn't because it will cause unrest to all supernatural forces in this region.

She just hopes that there won't be any conflict between the owner of that divine power and supernatural forces in this land. 

...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[Intermission: Why after becoming a god does not make me any smarter?]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(MC): "As the title of this intermission said, System... Become a god meaning become omniscience, omnipresent, omnipotent, omniblabla... But why it doesn't make me any smarter?"

(System): ["What do you mean, Jin-sama?"]

(MC): "Well, I mean with all the power I got to become a supposed strong god, why it does not make me smarter?"

(System): ["Authority of god does not work like that. The power does not affect the user itself. After all, intelligence and behavior were a part of your own identity."]

 (MC): "So, I could be the strongest god in any world but it won't make me smarter?"

(System): ["Yes, unless you wish to change yourself. But if you do that, I warned you Jin-sama, please don't do that, because your current attitude is deemed to be perfect to carry the duty of true god."]

(MC): "I see. No wonder that old man, despite being strongest still doing a lot of stupid things. Thank you for answering, system."

(System): ["If you don't mind, Can I ask you the reason why you want to be smarter, Jin-sama?"]

(MC): "...Because I know that I am not smart. The mid-exam would be coming next month and I don't have time to study with my tight working schedule!"

(System): [*Sigh* "In the exam, you could just wish to use your power to achieve any score you want, Jin-sama"]

(MC): "But that would be cheating!"

(System): ["Do you think making yourself smarter does not count as cheating either, Jin-sama?"]

(MC): "Ah."

(System): ["With your current logical thinking Jin-sama, making yourself smarter a bit is indeed a good idea."]

...

I was a bit writer blocked this time (decision how much supernatural aspect I should include), and then I forget to publish this when I am done writing this lol. The arc is near completion anyway.

I am currently binge-reading a novel with thousand chapters right now, so my focus on writing isn't exactly here. I am sorry! And thanks for keeping up with me!

18