Chapter 33. Valentine Day Event. (3)
435 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: MC}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After the announcement of the first event result, the whole event was suspended temporarily as the maid and security needed to clean the table and take out the cake from the first event. While we don't have anything to do... I take a look at the score on the monitor and can't help but feel sad. We are not at the bottom, but compared to others like a couple in military uniform in the first place, the difference is huge!

I guess this is what happens to a person who almost does work every day and then suddenly encounters a romantic situation.

Also, as I expected that stinky old man... He really gives the pair of cats a better score than us. Damn it.

...

"Umm... I am sorry Vera-chan, I did my best but it just feels that embarrassing to me." I apologize while slightly bowing my head.

Vera shook her head and answered, "Un... I also do the same. I guess we are not prepared... Or not compatible?"

"No! We are just inexperienced! We should do better, next time!" I replied, trying to convince her.

Hearing my reply, Vera hold my hand, and nodded while looking at me, "Umm. I believe you, Jin-kun!"

Looking back at Vera's beautiful eyes, I can't help but guilty that I did not do my best. Remember your mission, Jin! Give her the best experience!

Remember what she did experience Jin! 6 years of bedridden! 

I really need to be serious!

I grab her hand back in conviction, and then declared, "Let's do our best on the next event!"

"Yes!"

...

After that both me and Vera talked about a lot of things while we are waiting for the event to continue.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

...

After waiting for about 5 minutes, the Valentine event was finally able to continue to the next part... As both our twin hosts went up to the stage. To be honest, the efficiency of the maids and the security that got hired was really impressive.

It is also made me wonder, do they really not need any money?

"Thanks to our cleaning staff, we are ready to enter the next event!" Saya energetically opened the hosting.

"What will happen in the next event, Saya?" Kaya who stood beside her asked.

"You didn't bring the script, Kaya? We have a total of 3 events today with a set schedule." Saya answered her twin.

Kaya shook her head and replied, "I mean... I became your companion all of a sudden, of course, I didn't read it."

"Ok... without wasting any time, the next event is... the mystery box performance! Let me explain!" Saya announced.

Shortly after, Saya begins to explain how the event worked and it turns out to be pretty simple. Basically, each couple will pick a paper inside the box that has been prepared beforehand by the event staff members. 

After that, Saya will read what is inside the paper and the couple must do any kind of activity listed in it. 

Basically, it is a game of luck. Should I wish myself to become the luckiest person?

["No. Even without you are doing it, Miss Vera got a devil luck by herself anyway."] The system commented.

Uh... You are right! I forget how lucky she was.

...

Knowing her luck, with confidence I hold her should with both hands and seriously said, "Vera-chan. Listen!"

"Y-Yes!" Vera got startled by my yell, but I need to talk seriously with her.

"Unlike the first event, this time the event is heavily influenced by luck... since everyone needs to take a loot in a box." 

Vera nodded at what I said and commented, "We got a better chance to do this event well than the previous event, right!"

I also nodded and continue said, "You are right, but since this is heavily based on luck... And you are basically a child of luck. Please just wish we got something easy to do!"

Realized what I mean, Vera's eyes widened as she was aware of her own luck, and then muttered, "I-I see. But is this cheating?"

I shook my head and rejected her idea, "That's your inherent luck, not cheating. There is no reason to hesitate, Vera-chan. If I am the one who does that, now that it can be called cheating... considering my identity."

To convince her that's nothing wrong with this kind of action, I hold her right hand firmly and her face quickly gets redder. 

I also get embarrassed here, but I have learned from my previous mistake now. I won't be easily embarrassed from now on!

"I-I believe you, Jin-kun." Vera muttered, and also hold my hand, intertwined with my finger.

Now we just need to be ready physically and mentally to be called anytime as the staff brought a lot of stuff from the kitchen such...Extra microphone, musical instrument, Extra speaker...

Is there a band that would perform here? I don't remember that I wish that many items.

["Sponsored by Original One."]

...Is that fucking power abuse, oii?!

["His response was no one can reprimand him so he could do anything he want."] The system answered.

...Goddamn it.

["Stop damning yourself."]

I am not mean to do that!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After waiting for a while, the staff was finally done with their preparation for the event.

Saya and Kaya quickly came back to the stage to resume hosting the event to the next part. On Kaya's hand, there is a big purple box, that should be where the participant picked their act.

"The preparation is done! Now, it is the time to call the couple!" Saya announced.

"What do you want to call first, Saya?" Kaya beside her asked.

Saya murmured for a while and replied, "Let's call the best couple in the previous event!"

Kaya nodded in agreement, "Good idea."

"Without said further ado, the couple in military uniform, please walked up to the stage and pick the mystery box!" 

*Clap* *Clap*

...

Called by Saya, the two couples took to the stage accompanied by cheers that came from the audience. Saya then told one of them to take one of the papers in the box that Kaya was holding... which was done by the male. After that, Saya took the paper he took, and read it aloud in front of the stage.

"Dance with your partner in front of the audience!" Saya announced loudly.

""OHHH!!!"" The audience cheered with joy hearing what Saya read. 

"That's cool. I want to see what kind of dance comes from people in the military." Kaya commented beside Saya.

...

Dancing huh? So the contents of the activities in the box are like the contents of a talent show? With the available sound systems and musical instruments, I guess the other activity may include singing and playing musical instruments. 

I am glad that I did not get it with Vera though... because I can't dance, and I believe neither Vera does! Vera's omnipotent luck has proved its miracle again!

After hearing what they should do, the two military couples discussed with Saya and Kaya what they wanted to do because it seems they can't dance. 

Not surprising for me, I doubt they got any kind of dance training in a military environment. 

In the end, The result of their negotiation was... instead of dancing, the compromise plan is they performed a demonstration of their military exercise movements accompanied by military-themed music in front of the stage. Basically, a dan e but military version... Or you call it an exercise.

The military couple does some exercise stuff such as push up and pulls up together, and then followed by little martial art (?), and knife plays in the front of the stage.

They do look pretty impressive, but what they do is not at all like a dance at all. All the judges seemed to think the same as me, and commented on them after they finished their show.

...

(Judge Comment)

"While I don't think those movements are counted as dance, I appreciated the effort." (Kobayashi)

"Not a dance, but beautiful movement!" (Susanoo)

"That's not a dance, but considering your background... well, it is just both of you getting unlucky." (One)

...

Finished their performance, the military couple gathers fewer scores than in the previous event, which is 6, 8 6 respectively coming from the judge. 

I was surprised that Susanoo give them an 8 score, but then I remember this guy probably just admired their guts.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

,,,

After the performance by the military couple, Saya and Kaya back to the stage to pick the next participant. 

"We already have our first participant performance, who will be the next Kaya?" Saya asked her twins.

Kaya hold her chin and muttered, "The first performance was a bit boring in my opinion. Let's pick an interesting couple."

"Which one?"

"The cats."

"Cats!"

Saya looked at her twins with unbelievable expressions looks but then she grinned and loudly announced, "Then, without further ado, Mr. and Mrs. Nyan please walk to the stage!"

*Clap* *Clap*

...

Like what happened with the previous session, the two couples walk to the stage accompanied by cheers that came from the audience... Even though they are cats! 

Like seriously, is there no one here with common sense complaining about why a frickin cat participates in a human event?!

["There is literal youkai also participate, and gods as your judge in this event."] The system suddenly commented.

I would prevent them if I know they would enter! 

["Don't forget your own partner, Miss Vera  technically also not human anymore, Jin-sama."]

...

Ah. I forget about that. 

Let's forget about what I said.

["Pffft. Please think before trying to give an opinion."]

Yeah, I am sorry. You are winning this time.

...

Back to the stage again, it seems since the cats were unable to take any paper inside the box with their paw, (Because they are a cat, duh), Saya volunteered herself to do it for them, and then she quickly read the content inside the paper loudly,

"Sing with your partner in front of the audience!!"

...

*Clap* *Clap*

The response they got was rather underwhelming compared to the military couple but unlike the previous participants, it seems the cat couple is ready to sing together immediately without hesitation.  

Now, I just realize... how the did Saya was able to understand what they said and why the cats also understand human language?

["They are a smart cat, Jin-sama. Stop questioning everything with logic."]

Everything with Smart is able to solve any kind of question, huh?

...

"Nyan~ Nyan~"

"Nyan~ Nyan~"

"Nyan~ Nyan~Nyan~ Nyan~"

""Nyaaaaa~~~""

...

Somehow... The moment they started to sing, these cats are impressing everyone with their singing performance. Even though I bet no one understands cat language here.

It is a completely stupid performance logically and rationally, but I admit even I could tell how much both cats were affectionate toward each other. Even all of the judges seem also impressed by their performance!

The moment they have done their performance, the audience cheered got much more loudly than the previous participants!

...

"BRAVO!"

"IT'S AMAZING!"

"UOOOHHH!!"

*Clap* *Clap*

...

"What beautiful singing from our first participant!" Saya also gives her opinion along with the audience.

"Maybe we need to learn how to meow later, to impress the owner." Kaya added.

"Good idea, Nya~ let's do it after the event is done, Nya~ " Saya approved.

Hearing the twin's conversation, I really want to smack their head together at the front stage to stop their nonsense. 

Please no. I still want to have a human employee!

["So, you rejected Miss Vera as your employee? After all, she is also not a normal human."]

Can you not touch that side, System?

["Pffft."]

...

(Judge Comment)

"The cat's couple meowing together, complement with each other voice, making a wonderful a vocal nyan~ music!" (Kobayashi)

"Nothing to say but impressive." (Susanoo)

"Perfect singing combination!" (One)

...

In the end, the cat couple gathers a much better score than the previous event, which is 7, 7, and 10 respectively coming from the judge. I wonder if that old man is a cat lover? He literally just gave them a perfect score!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

...

Since the performance by the cat's couple is done, the twin quickly picked up the host again to decide which next participant going to walk on the stage.

...

"Kaya, please pick the next participant." Saya said to her sister.

"But, I already did previously?" Kaya replied in confusion.

Saya nodded and continue said, "That's why I am asking you again, it seems you are good at doing this. The last participant is superb after all."

"Ah. I see. Then, how about our new not-so-helpful siscon employee?" Kaya suggested.

"I see. I guess that would be interesting too. Forbidden relationship." Saya agreed with her twin's suggestion, and proceed to announce it loudly, "Without much said, Please Oga and Sakura, aka siscon brocon couple walked to the stage!"

...!!

*Clap* *Clap*

...

Getting called, the Kuroba siblings walked to the stage accompanied by cheers. Unlike the previous participant, Both couples seem to get nervous when they go up on the stage, especially Sakura. However, Oga pretty much holds her sister's hand tightly to calm her down and as a result of that Sakura followed him obediently. 

As expected of my cousin, he is really a freak sister control... knowing the weakness of his own sister.

When they reach the stage, Kaya quickly instructed Sakura to pick up one of the papers inside the box she carried, and when she is done... Saya quickly stole the paper from Sakura and announce it loudly, 

"Tell the audience what you disliked from your partner!" 

""NICEE...!!!""

*Clap* *Clap*

When the audience heard what Saya announced, they cheered and seemed very excited about this. I understand where the attraction is because this time the audience might expect drama between the couple. I didn't even expect something like this to be in a box, and to be honest it's a lot easier to do than dance or sing along with your partner. My cousin's luck turned out to be good... huh?

Rather than expecting my cousin to have a good time, he suddenly slumped to the floor in despair and muttered, "I-I can't do this. Host, we are giving up this round."

"Why?" Saya asked.

"I don't have anything that I didn't like from my sister!" Oga loudly answered,

"Even if it's her panties?"

"I like them!"

"Her filthy?"

"I still like them! I like everything about my sister!" Oga stands up and proudly announces publicly.

"Stop it, Onii-sama!!"

Meanwhile, Sakura knows how embarrassing her brother is right now and begs him to stop talking furthermore.

"Saya, I think we should call the police. We have a super pervert here." Saya said to her twin, watching my cousin proudly admit his pervertedness.

Kaya nodded, "It is comparable to the owner."

...

I really want to walk onto the stage and smack their head together for slandering me in public!

I thought this should be easy for Kuroba's sibling to do this but I didn't expect my cousin is so much stupid... or admirable that he refused to say anything bad about his sister. I mean, if both me and Vera got this option, I would say it without hesitation that Vera is clumsy, an airhead who likes to mess around, and in the past, she loves to prank me!

["Alright, I have done record it. Do you want me to tell Miss Vera, Jin-sama?"] The system commented.

No! Don't you dare!

...

Anyway, Knowing that Oga is useless to ask furthermore, Saya quickly approaches Sakura to ask her opinion to continue the event, "Well... Since the male is useless, How about you, Sakura-san?" 

"Eh?! What?" Sakura reflexively answered in confusion.

"What is the thing you dislike from your brother?" Saya quickly asked.

"The thing I dislike from Onii-sama... Uh... He is a liar! He is also stupid, a lot of time he embarrassed me and he never gives me free time on my own!" Sakura answered loudly.

"S-Sis..."

Hearing the answer from his sister, Oga fell to the floor again but this time he was mentally dead in front of the stage... getting executed by his own love. Witnessing this, I can't help but laugh... Damn, watching other people suffering really made me happy! Vera stared at me in dissatisfaction for that, but I was just happy for him to suffer!

...

(Judge Comment)

"This is disaster result." (Kobayashi)

"The male is admirable and disgusting at the same time." (Susanoo)

"At least the female does the performance properly." (One)

...

Due to their disastrous performance, they only gain barely any score, which is 4, 2 4 respectively coming from the judge. This is yet the lowest score gained by any participant so far.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After the humiliating performance of the Kuroba siblings, Kaya and Saya returned to the stage to host the event as before and did their skit again.

"Kaya, your pick on the previous round was horrible." Saya said to her twin.

"Then, you are going to pick this round?" Kaya asked.

"Yup, and I know the perfect candidate." Saya answered and then looked at me with a grin. Suddenly, I got a bad feeling and it didn't take long to prove it.

"With that said, Please Jin and Vera, the owner of this restaurant, and her partner couple come to the stage!" Saya announced cheerfully.

...!!

After Saya announced that, Vera who has been standing beside me called me out, "Jin-kun, we got called!"

"Vera-chan, are you nervous?" I asked her.

She slightly nod and answered, "Unn. I mean, I have never done something like this before... At least in front of hundred people."

"Neither I do, but all we can do just move forward right?" I smiled, trying to reassure her.

Vera did not reply, but she hold my left hand firmly as we slowly went up to the stage, accompanied by the cheer of the audience. My heart beating so far the whole time as if it's about to rupture... Holding Vera's hand who also blushed so hard but we manage to persevere as we arrived at the stage. 

After that, Kaya swiftly handed over the mystery box containing all the orders that the participants would carry out without saying anything. I looked at Vera, and she nodded... meaning I'd be the one to get the paper in the box. 

I took a deep breath and then took a piece of paper in this box with a relaxed feeling. After all, I know how lucky Vera is and I'm sure we'll find something easy to do inside the paper.

I give the paper to Saya, and she quickly looks... but then her eyes widened in surprise. For a moment, I thought that our pick was too good and that Saya getting surprised but then when I hear her announce the inside of the paper...

"Hug and Kiss your partner! Damn, Vera-chan you are so lucky!!"

.......????!!!!

""WOOOOHH!!!""

Hearing what Saya told us to do, the audience cheered in joy meanwhile it took me a while to digest the information that came into my ears. 

After completely processing it my mind went blank and stood on the spot.... isn't this the hardest thing to do with Vera?! I would rather have a dance or sing together with Vera!

...

System, this is not what you have promised!

["What are you talking about, Jin-sama? Miss Vera luck stat clearly worked here."]

But, the command was to hug and kiss her! what is the luck, I am afraid if I did this, the other girls would be jealous!

["Pffft, you actually aware of your harem quo status, Jin-sama."]

Of course, I would aware of this. I am not a sort of dense protagonist at all!

["I see... I need to re-evaluate your intellect again and made it slightly higher."]

System, you bastard--

...

As I still debating with my system in my mind, Vera suddenly interrupted it as she called me out, "Jin-kun!"

I quickly come back to reality and asked, "W-What?"

"Let's do this! You have promised me earlier..." Vera answered me with a hint of anticipation in her tone.

...

Ah, Yes I do... But, Can I take it back?

...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Intermission: How did my sister manage to plan all of this Valentine's Event?]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(MC): "As the title of intermission said, can you tell us who is the real planner behind all of this event?"

(System): ["To be honest, your sister did along with the twins. You shouldn't underestimate their intellect, Jin-sama."]

(MC): "I am not! In fact, that's the reason why I leave the management to my sister."

(System): ["Thus, you are ready to answer your own question."]

(MC): "As much I want to trust you, are you sure that stinky old man does not have any hand on this?"

(System): ["Why you are so against my creator, Jin-sama. Did he offend you in any way?"]

(MC): "Not really, but all of this was too coincidental. And too perfect to be a plan."

(System): ["Stop running away from reality and face it. Your time has come to face your relationship problem."]

(MC): "You still did not answer my question! Also, I never run away!"

(System): ["To be honest, there is no way for me to answer your question. If my creator wants to do something unnoticed, I probably have no way to notice it."]

(MC): "Then, the answer is yes! Damn it, I will make him pay for this later!"

(System): ["Grow up Jin-sama. I have said 'probably' there. I don't think there is a reason for Original One to do that."

(MC): "Of course there is, my life is amusement for him anyway!"

(System): ["...When you say that. I can't deny there is a big possibility my creator really do something behind us. Just hope you are coming alive out of this."]

(MC): Why do I suddenly get a bad feeling as if I just trigger some of a death flag?

(System): ["..."]

Spoiler

: MC comes out almost dead out of this lmao.]

[collapse]
The next chapter is probably the hardest chapter I have ever written so wish me luck because it is confession scenes... even after 3 weeks of writing it in advance I still have no confidence to convey it right lol.

Anyway, this chapter was also the most fun I have been in a while.

Thanks for reading!

 

 

 

 

16