Chapter 35. Valentine Day Event. (5)
421 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: MC}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After Saya and Kaya explain the rules, they lead the female participant to the outside along with the judge, leaving us in the main area waiting for them in here. What is happening is that all of us males standing in the main area have nothing to do while the girls make their chocolate on the outside.

Thankfully, there is a free snack available provided by Raika and my sister from the kitchen so we, the males quite have a great time as we get acquainted with each other.

...

"So, you are not really samurai?" I asked the man in a samurai costume, which was surprisingly pretty nice to chat with.

He shook his head, smiled wryly, and replied, "I am not, but my girlfriend force me to wear this as she is a cosplay maniac. The other day, he forced me to wear a magical girl costume so I am glad about her current choice..."

"My condolences, Samurai guy." 

I thought having an airhead idiot as a partner was already hard enough to handle but this guy really having it at hell difficulty. Wearing a magical girl costume as a grown man? I would rather die than do it.

"Ha... No worries, I have to get used to it. My name is Ito, by the way." He introduces himself.

"Then, you call me Jin. Ito-san" I also introduce myself, then we handshake together.

"I see. You are the owner of this restaurant, right?" Ito asked me.

Confirming his question, I quickly explained, "Yeah, inherited from my dead parent. Has been running this for a year."

"Ah, sorry if I asked for an unpleasant thing."

"No worries. No worries." I answered, to show that it was nothing.

"Anyway, your partner is your employee too, right? Good for you since I am kinda concerned about this last event as my girlfriend cannot cook." Ito said with a concerned tone.

Hearing his situation is similar to mine, I quickly followed, "Ah... Actually, my partner, Vera-chan was banned from the kitchen--"

At that moment, before I was able to complete my sentence, Saya's comment could be heard in the main area, "Woah! Vera-chan, that's salt, not sugar!"

"I wonder where she got the salt?" Kaya added.

...

Hearing what Saya just yelled loudly, Ito approached me and asked, "Vera... Is the name of your partner, right?"

I answered him by nodding while did not say anything, as I currently wondering how really idiot for Vera mistook salt for sugar.

"You have it hard too, Jin" Ito commented, looking at me with pity.

"...I guess my chocolate would be salty now." I answered with a resigned look. There is nothing to do except accepting my imminent doom because it was impossible to escape either. 

["You might as well turn off your bud taste later, Jin-sama"] The system suggested.

Good advice. I will leave it to you, system.

["Don't worry, I won't let you die, Jin-sama."]

Now, I think about it... System, you are connected to the girls too, right?

Can you help Vera with her cooking, at least to make sure what she currently makes is edible?

["Actually, I tried to help her at the start but she refused to do, believing that she must do this alone as her first cook as your girlfriend, Jin-sama."] The system commented.

I am really doomed, aren't I?

["This time, I really apologize that I was unable to help."]

...

As I wonder how to minimalize the damage caused by this unavoidable situation with the system in my mind, as if I didn't get enough to get more pity, Oga walked toward me, pat my shoulder, and said, "Cousin, my condolences."

I notice Tora-san also walked at me behind him and said, "Jin, Stay Strong."

The others also walked at me with sympathy and uttered condolences to me... which makes me want to cry. I am happy that all the males here seem to understand my situation but at the same time, it made me feel more miserable about my upcoming doom.

I am seriously beginning to regret the decision to this event in the first place.

 However, at that moment comes another yell from Saya made me feel a bit better.

"Participant, Sakura-chan! Where did you get medicine from?! You can't put them on chocolate!"

"Adding medicine to chocolate does not make it more healthy."

...

Hearing that I am not alone and suffer from my partner, I turn around, look at Oga with pity, and said, "You too, Cousin. You too."

After that, the other also followed me to give condolences to my cousin, and he got a resigned look from our condolences. While I dislike my cousin so much, I would say I am glad that I am not alone in this.

As expected, he is really my biological cousin.

...

>>>>>>

After waiting for 30 minutes or so, all the female participants finally come back to the main area to offer their chocolate to their partners. Each female participant brings chocolate of various shapes on a tray, which of course is their work of making chocolate outside. The judges and hosts, Kaya and I returned to their respective positions, and the event seemed to resume again as the other participants also returned to watching in the main area.

"Alright! Ladies! Get ready to give your chocolate to your partner!" Saya announced with instruction.

"So what's the order, Saya?" Kaya, her twin asked.

"Hmm..." Saya pondered for a while and quickly answered, "Let's start with the most confident... *cough*, namely the owner and Vera."

"Good choice. If the owner falls, the owner can recover over time as other participants give their turn."

...!!

Hearing Saya announcing us as the first couple who showcased the chocolate-giving performance, I instinctively looked at Vera who seemed to be looking at me nervously. Even so, my instincts told me the chocolate on the tray was very dangerous, and I felt a cold sweat and a high amount of instinctual danger just looking at it.

...System, can a true god feel a cold sweat?

["Shouldn't be possible, but I also feel the same threat from that chocolate. Even though I don't have a physical body."] The system responds nervously.

I'm in danger, huh? Am I going to get killed because of this chocolate?

["R-Relax, Jin-sama. As I promised earlier, I will turn off your taste bud and put temporary [Immunity] on your body so you won't suffer from it."] The system reacted.

I hope so. My life depended on your protection, system!

...

After that, Kaya called me to the stage where Vera was waiting for me there with her homemade chocolate. No one cheers me up or made a noise while I am walking to the stage as if they know I am going to walk toward my execution. Not even that old man, hell... I could tell he was looking at me with respect, which is unbelievable.

"Alright, brave Origami Jin, do you have any final words-- I mean, words to say to your partner?" Saya asked while putting a mic on my lips.

"I-I... just want want to say..." 

"Yes?"

...

Honest to earth, I don't know what to say to Vera right now, as my mind is currently in a mess because of the catastrophe that was about to happen to me. I can't utter any word to her, even though I know I should say something here, as part of the event.

...

"It seems our owner is too nervous to say anything to his partner, so let's ask the female, Vera-chan!"

Saya who seems to understand my current situation quickly changed the subject and put the mic on Vera's lips. Vera who seems also realize that her chocolate wasn't good, looked at me with an apology and said, "I am sorry... I did my best, hopefully, you like it, Jin-kun."

...!!!

A tear fell from her glossy eyes as she is done saying that to me... actually made my chest hurt. Looking at Vera who sincerely feels bad about her cooking...

*BADUMP*

...I feel like trash.

She did her best to make this homemade chocolate, and yet I was afraid to taste it.

*BADUMP*

What kind of man, I am? This is the first time she cook for me... And she is not a nobody.

She is my longtime crush and my official girlfriend.

She is someone special!

*BADUMP*

I realize how much I love the girl in front of me, both my heart and soul are very aware of this.

I would rather die than makes her cry!

...

As I made up my mind, I held Vera's face, and then with my finger, I wiped the tears that were on her face. She looked at me with a surprised face, and with the best smile I could offer, I said to her, "I am sorry, Vera-chan. Thank you for your hard work."

"Jin-kun..." Hearing what I said, her eyes widened in disbelief. Vera mumbled and her face turned red, making her look even cuter.

God, I love this girl so much.

...

"I will accept your first homemade chocolate even if I will die from it... because I love you so much."

...!!!!!!!

Hearing my confession, Vera gasped in surprise, and then she looked down at the floor, hiding her embarrassment. The audience, who had been silent behind the scenes, applauded loudly at my words as if they were admiring my courage.

*CLAP* *CLAP* 

Vera no longer looked gloomy and this time she smiled happily even though her face was very red. 

"Thank you..."

Vera who was still embarrassed then urge me to take the chocolates in her tray without saying anything. I nodded at her, and the audience become quiet again, even though a few seconds ago everyone cheered at us.

 ...

Looking at it closely, It looks like simple heart-shaped chocolate... no suspicious smell, and it looks good, actually. The instinct told me this is the most dangerous substance I have ever seen, which should be exaggerated.

I take the chocolate with my hand, and stare at it closely as I instinctively gulped, nervous about what happened to me. I can tell everyone is also nervous along with me, and even that old man is unusually quiet right now. Still, I have promised Vera to taste her first chocolate, and I really mean it.

System, you are there?

["I was here watching all your determination to your execution. You want me to turn on and disable all the protection I have prepared for you, Jin-sama?"]

Yes, please. As I said, I am going to accept it fully even if it will kill me!

Don't worry. The power of love will save me.

["I don't know whether I should call you brave or dumb, Jin-sama. But I will follow your will as your assistant."]

Thanks... partner.

*DING*

======

[Ultra Immunity has been disabled.]

======

["It has been a short journey, but it was a nice to experience to become your assistant."]

Thanks, but don't worry. 

I believe I will be fine!

...

The moment it entered my mouth, my vision goes black instantly.

...as if I'm a doll whose strings suddenly cut off.

......

....

...

..

.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

.

..

...

My body... I can't feel it.

...

What happened...?

...

...

I can't even open my eyes.

...

["Ah, did you wake up, Jin-sama?"]

System?

What happened to me?

["I am sure your memory should be still intact, but is this a hidden side effect?"]

Side effect?

...

...!!

I was eating Vera's homemade chocolate and then... 

I am here? Where it is?

Did I really just... die?

["Don't worry. You are still... barely alive. Not that you can awake at the moment."]

...It was that dangerous?

["Yes. It was so scary. If not because your soul has been transformed into a true god, you might already enter the reincarnation procedure."]

...

Wait, I almost got killed even though I am a true god?

["Of course, the large factor of this happened was because you turned off all of the protection, Jin-sama. What is the power of love? You almost died."]

...I am sorry, okay?

I guess my love was not strong enough.

Anyway, why I can't open my eyes?

["It is because only your conscious is awake, your body still repairing itself in reality. Don't worry, I will do my best to recover your physical body in no time."]

...How much time was left before I was able to awake?

["3 hours at the minimum?"]

...The lunch hour would be done by that time!

["Don't worry! The girls decide to close the restaurant and the customers also understand your circumstances."]

I am not concerned about that!

What I mean is that we are getting zero profit today!

It is a big loss for the weekend!

["As expected of businessman. You are really qualified, Jin-sama."]

...Sigh, this is so unprofessional. But I can only blame myself for passing out.

["Indeed, the moment you are gone, there would be no other main chef that could carry the restaurant. I suggest you find another chef, Jin-sama."]

It's not that I did not think about it. But it was hard to find a chef with the same skill level as me.

And I refuse to downgrade to quality for the quantity of food.

["You are surprising stubborn at this."]

Well, speaking of the event...

In the end, who won?

["It was a tie between you and a former employee couple."]

Annie-san and Tora-san?

So we got the same amount of score?

["Don't worry, Original One promises to grant both winners the wish."]

What do they wish for?

["They wished a lot of money to expand their business."]

...Ah, that does make sense. They probably need a lot of money to fund their own food business.

["Then, Can I ask what is your wish, Jin-sama?"]

...

I can't decide on this reward on my own. 

After all, I won this event with Vera.

...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Intermission: How did I manage to make that much cringe scene?]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(MC): "As the title of intermission said, How did I manage to make that much cringe scene in this chapter?"

(System): ["Why did you ask yourself here? Self-insert? Identity crisis?"]

(MC): "I mean... What I just did in this chapter could be said as completely stupid and illogical than usual me."

(System): ["Well... you are a teenager who just taste your first love, Jin-sama. Blame your puberty hormones I guess."]

(MC): "...Is it the real reason?"

(System): ["Nope. The real reason is that the arc has been gone too long, and we need you to do something stupid in order to quicken it naturally without skipping much detail."]

(MC): "RED FLAG! Even though you may be saying the truth, your answer is a 4th-dimensional wall breaker, which is something you can't do, system! We have talked about this a lot in the past."

(System): ["Saying by a person who started asking how much cringe he was in the chapter, which is sort of wall breaker in itself."]

(MC): "I mean, what we could do? We run out of intermission topics anyway!"

 (System): ["And he said don't do it... *Sigh* I really want you to increase your intellect sometimes, Jin-sama."]

...

To be honest, I am a bit burned out on this story (You probably noticed at this point) so I will take a short break after this arc is done. There is a lot to prepare for the next arc anyway, and I won't do it an injustice for it. The reason why the start of this story is so good is because I have written the content beforehand, not just outline... And I will do the same thing again in the next arc beginning.

Because of that, please understand my decision.

While on that, you can check my other ongoing stories. There is fanfic where I currently put my passion the most (if you are ok with fanfic) and an upcoming standard romcom novel very soon... (Which I honestly want to write on a whim).

14