Chapter 116: Peace [1]
440 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Commander, this is?"

"You guessed it right."

"A system? I didn't expect that I'll only receive it now..."

[You have been elected as a Guardian. Do you agree?]

A blue panel appeared in front of Vaune, surprising him greatly.

"Read the terms first. Then, decide whether you agree or not. I'll have to erase your memory regarding this matter if you decline, though."

"I understand."

He began reading the simplified terms. Meanwhile, Lugh was surprised just now, too. He never expected the Panel to have this ability after having the loading bar at 50%.

Even though it's still missing some functions, giving someone a <Guardian> role is doable. But, it only applied to the ones that the Panel deemed as extremely talented.

Lugh only received some basic information regarding its background, but it shocked him greatly. Turns out, the Panel is created to fight against apocalypses!

Its functions revolved around fending against apocalypses. The Complete Extermination Mode that he used earlier is an example of that.

Now that these apocalypses were trapped in the distortion plane, they couldn't bring out their powers to the fullest. After all, only when they could spread it to living beings could they grow stronger.

'Though, that day might approach sooner.' Lugh thought.

"I accept."

Upon his consent, an invisible power descended on him. That was a sub-console, the consoles that were created by the main console, which is in Lugh's possession.

Soon after, he gained the power to see through people's strengths through panels. Unintentionally, he used it on Lugh.

[Lugh Austere Bayer]

Status:???

{All information is kept confidential.}

In that instant, he quickly closed the panel and apologized directly.

"There's no need to apologize. Anyway, it can appraise combatants up to Deity Realm-Oh, it is the equivalent of the Primary Transcendents for your power system."

In the technological civilization, there existed special energy called "Universe Matter". Later on, it was found out that it can be used to awaken each race's true potential, leading to an increase in individual power.

After they've absorbed enough Universe Matter, or UM for short, they break through their limits and transcend. There, they gain the power to control Transcendental Power, the ability to control the world's laws.

"P-primary Transcendents? I'll use it well!"

Lugh headed towards the door and left. Before he did so, he adjusted his aura with <<Insconpicuous Rock>> and gave some reminders to Vaune.

***

"It went well."

I muttered in a very low voice as I walked in the streets. If I hadn't known that this is a different planet, I'll think that this is a street on Nisch.

Drones, androids, high-tech-looking cars... The modern look of technological civilization is surely different from cultivation civilizations and magic civilizations.

"The tournament? I couldn't even dream of joining it. The minimum requirement is 3rd Rank!"

"Hah, we're the same. The 3rd Rank in high school? It's outside our reach."

"I heard that there's a 5th Rank who signed up."

"5th Rank? What the hell!"

A group of high school students passed by. They were talking about a tournament in

5th Rank? It corresponds to A Rank, then. There's someone who's only worse than the Fenrir royalty that I met back then?

Still, he or she is now no match against Vaune. He's in his freshman years, but he already has strong mental power. Coupled with the sub-console, he'll only get stronger now.

'Ah, youth. My school life ended so suddenly.'

After that, I reminisced some memories of my 'youth', I proceeded to a hotel. That's where the others went.

Just as I was about to enter, I saw a familiar face exit the glass door.

"Jiel."

"This vibe? Senior!"

As I was under disguise, I thought that I'll need to explain to him for a while. Well, I didn't expect him to recognize me immediately.

"Where are the others?"

"Some went out to investigate this dimension, while some stayed here to rest. You didn't know this, Senior! There's someone who'd been locked up in his room for a day!"

"Sigh. Is it Mister Jikel?"

"How did you know?"

"Can you please take me to him? Right now."

"Alright."

We went inside the hotel, which is mostly unmanned. Except for a few guards and staff workers, it is mostly automated. Going inside the elevator, we went to the 16th floor right away.

As if only a few dozen seconds had passed, we arrived in the 16th floor.

I didn't waste any time and ran to his room number straight away.

"Captain Jikel."

...

He wouldn't open it, huh? He even fortified the entire room so that only Mid-Rank Deities could enter. Moreover, his companions didn't force him to come out as they know his suffering.

After all, Song Er is his brother's daughter. Ever since he died, he took care of her, treating her as if she's his own child.

When she got wrapped by the Life Assimilator, he thought that she's dead.

"Captain Jikel, she's still alive."

I took out a while crystal from my subspace. When I'm battling against that Life Assimilator, I stored this crystal quickly. Thanks to my quick actions, I saved her soul.

Creek-!

The door opened in an instant after he sensed the crystal outside. Inside it, a vague silhouette of a woman could be seen. Like a baby, she curled up in it.

"Song Er!"

His surprised face could be seen, along with his 2 black horns with jagged purple lines that emitted lightning just now.

He grabbed the crystal in my hand in a very fast manner. Of course, I let him do it.

"You.. You must be Lieutenant Kerr?"

"Yes."

"Thank you. Thank you.."

I let him be like that to calm him down for a while.

"Thank you..."

"It's alright, Captain."

'This is the fifth time already.'

At last, tears stopped coming from his eyes. He didn't shiver in joy now, too.

"Come in, have a seat first."

Mister Jikel opened the lights to his room. His unkempt brown hair was seen under the light, though it didn't look that messy since it only reached up to his neck.

"You can have a seat anywhere."

He pointed out to couple of chairs in this hotel room.

While I sat, he went to the small kitchen and took out some stuff in his spacial storage. Later on, he came out. Holding a teacup and a saucer in his hand, he placed it down on the glass table and said to me.

"From now on, you'll be my life-saving benefactor."

A benefactor? This is my first time...

17