Chapter 118: Hardest Slap [1]
707 8 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sound of chattering inside the bus resounded as we went to the tournament venue. Their nervousness is evident in their voice and vibe.

Only Vaune is very calm due to his rare disposition, as well as the million EXP that he received from me.

Meanwhile, the student who sat beside me continued showing her resentment towards the girl who kept being too close at Vaune.

'This is so fun.'

So this is what it feels like to watch an anime in person? I barely prevented myself from teleporting to buy some popcorns, as it might show some fluctuations that'll bring me troubles.

'Let's see my panel, then.'

[Lugh Austere Bayer]

Rank: EX-

Latent Potential: C-

EXP: 34,000,000,430

Strength: EX+

Agility: EX+

Stamina: EX+

Vessel: EX+

Wisdom: EX+

Traits:

[Dagger Mastery (LV10)]

[Dexterous Hands (LV10)]

[Sword Mastery (LV10)]

[Decisiveness (LVMAX)]

[Sixth Sense (LV6)]

[Poison Body (LVMAX)]

[Damage Offset (LVMAX)]

[Stone Skin (LVMAX)]

[Resilience (LVMAX)]

[Spear Mastery (LV10)]

[Truth-Piercing Eyes (LVMAX)]

[Darkness Control (LVMAX)]

[Corruption Resistance (LV10)]

[Armament Connection (LVMAX)]

[Light Control (LVMAX)]

[Parallel Minds (LV10)]

[Life Marker (LVMAX)]

[A Reader's Perspective (LV10)]

[Stylishness (LV10)]

[Mechanical Affinity (LVMAX)]

[Mechanical Sense (LVMAX)]

[Smooth Skin (LV10)]

[Energy Recycle (LVMAX)]

[Beautiful Voice (LV5)]

[Amiable Guy (LV10)]

[Space Swap (LV10)]

[Unbreakable Bones (LV10)]

[Perfect Physique (LVMAX)]

[Life Control (LVMAX)]

[Frost Control (LVMAX)]

[Moon Blessing (LVMAX)]

With the EXP that I got from the Life Assimilator, I upgraded many of my traits into LVMAX. To that, I gained many authorities.

Poison, Defense, and Undying Authority are what I got from the three traits that I got from that tanky zerg. I also got the Truth Authority from [Truth-Piercing Eyes]. Other than that, I acquired Light, Life, Frost, and Moon Authorities from the God-King Bodies.

As of now, I already have 10 Authorities! Surpassing my master, I am only second to the monstrous Heavenly Sovereign.

With this fighting power, I might be able to hold my ground against Low-Rank Deities. Even if I receive the 200-fold enhancement now, I could play more instead of just swings.

Moreover, I could see the breakthrough requirements now.

==========================

Breaking through the Deity Realm costs:

5T EXP

100 Origin Power

Completion of the system repair

==========================

3 things. I only need 3 things, but it seemed so hard to fulfill. Thankfully, only the system repair wasn't completed as of the moment along with the 5T EXP.

This just means that the Deity Realm is in my sight!

I closed my eyes as I thought about the plans that I need to implement in the future.

***

"This is my chance to clear everything up..!"

Vaune enthusiastically entered the tournament ring made up of white tiles.

Opposite him is a sword-wielding student with ordinary looks.

"I'll do my best."

"The same goes for me."

The sword-wielding student unsheathed his sword while Vaune readied his silver spear. Yet again, it is 'sponsored' to him by Lugh.

That silver spear is a 5th Rank Arms. Even Lena was surprised when he saw him pull out its cloth. After all, Vaune never asked for her family's help and stubbornly made a living for them.

To him, it is enough that they've helped them when it comes to his sister's expensive medication. He really doesn't know what to do if he still asked for more help after that.

Though, he made an excuse that he bought the spear with his earned money from his part-time job.

"Begin-!"

Not wasting any time, the two of them clashed immediately. The sword got knocked back due to the fast stab that Vaune did, but the student immediately regained his stance.

To counter, he did a double vertical arc towards him.

Clang-!

Vaune decisively blocked the sword with his spear's shaft, knowing that another strike would come at him if he didn't do so.

The gazes of the two met.

"You're strong."

"You too."

'Unfortunately, it'll end here.'

Swooosh-!

He let go of the sword that he blocked and move to the student's side. Then, the flurry of spear stabs began.

The two kept blocking and attacking.

Here, the first one who makes a mistake loses. Though, Vaune is destined to not do so since he took this fight seriously.

In the end, he pierced through the protective barrier of the student, giving him his first win.

"Winner, Deusolford University!"

The referee announced the winner quickly. Seeing this, some of Vaune's classmates were in disbelief. Though, his win isn't that notable at the moment since there are other rings to pay attention to.

"The youngest 5th Rank in our Star System, she's really fierce."

"There's also the Peak 4th Rank on Ring 014. He's so fast that he might be able to catch up to 5th Ranks!"

'Talented people...'

At first, Vaune didn't think highly of himself. When he became a transmigrator, he took it seriously. If he didn't have any cheats, then he'll only have to work harder himself!

Still, his determination was broken when he almost got killed. Without talent or hard work, it's impossible to become stronger.

That's why he's very thankful to Lugh for giving him a cheat.

"What a strong Spear Will... He's at Weapon Comprehension at the very least."

Not far away from him, another acquaintance of his thought.

As someone who'd been chasing after Lena, he was very much heartbroken when he saw her being close to a random man.

Yesterday, he's barely suppressing the impulse to beat up that guy's face, in fear that he might have something big on him.

When he asked someone to investigate him, all they got is very ordinary information.

But... That scared him even more.

At least, he noticed Vaune a few times, and except for strong willpower and good comprehension, he doesn't have anything else.

He was so sure that he was barely at the peak of 1st Rank when he last noticed him. How the hell did he jump from 1st to 3rd Rank?!

Many speculated that he relied on some strange resources to break through, but as a class representative for more than 3 years, he felt something unsettling.

As if he'll definitely pay when he dared move against him.

'Let's just hope that there are some fools who'll be willing to be a sacrifice.'

It didn't take long for his wish to be realized.

When Vaune is about to enter the resting room, a handsome man with a very condescending gaze called him out.

"You!"

"Hm?"

"Yes, it's you! The one with the silver spear!"

Vaune looked behind him, quite confused as to what was happening.

"Do you need something from me?"

"Heh. Give your best later before I beat you into a pulp! I'll prove Lena that you're not worthy of her!"

He left as soon as he said that.

Vaune: ???

Mike, the class representative, rejoiced loudly in his mind as he saw this.

'What a brainless fool! This is gonna be a show...'

Lugh, who was watching this, has the same thoughts as Mike.

'This is the first time I saw such person. Is he really dumb, or is he blinded by love?'

Looking forward to it, he ate popcorn as he sat in the audience seats.

18