Chapter 4: End of the sprint
197 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kiara frowned. 

Her deaths still flashes in her mind everytime she closed her eyes. 

Although it didn't mind her that much, overexposure to the images reduced the recovery rate of her mental power. 

In just a minute, she can already feel the recovery rate dipping down. 

She opened her eyes. 

"This is not going to work." 

Kiara sighed. 

She stood up and started walking.

She decided to stop closing her eyes. 

Although closing her eyes doubles the recovery rate, until the price of being regressed has not passed, the recovery rate will dip down to half, making her efforts worthless. 

At least when walking, she can see the path and wouldn't be disturbed by images. 

"I have a lot of time. I should do what I could do right now." 

Kiara pondered. 

So far, the only thing that could help her body's condition is removing impurities. 

Removing impurities take a long time since she's only using mental power right now. 

Mana is better at removing impurities, but her mana core hasn't been activated yet. 

She could only use mental power for now. 

Besides, using mental power also has its merits. 

Using mental power to remove impurities only consume a miniscule amount, while mana takes a lot. 

Using mana, you let it combine with the impurities, making it mixed. 

When it's mixed, you'll control the mana towards any exits of your body. This results in 1:1 exchange for impurities and mana, since they both go out.

Using mental power however, let's you directly push the impurities outside your body. 

The only downside is that it's slow, and painful. The rate of exchange should be 1:100. 

This method could also improve her concentration and mental power, albeit miniscule. 

Every little counts. 

"Okay. Guide the mental power slowly... The main vessels first."

Mental power surged. 

It started from her head, down to her heart, before revolving inside it. 

Slowly but surely, she pushed the micro impurities into a clump. 

Minutes passed.

The normal red surface of the heart now riddled with black dots. 

Surely enough, these are impurities inside her heart. 

Although the mana core is not placed in the heart, major vessels where mana flow through pass in the heart. 

About ninety percent of mana needed to pass through in this eternal organ.

Mental power moved again. 

The black dots slowly moved from the heart, into the vessels, outside the vessels, to the pores, throat, and all other exits of the body. 

Kiara was absorbed into clearing out impurities. 

Every black spot that were released out of her pores made her feel refreshed. 

The longer she did, the lighter she felt. 

She felt like a shackle was broken everytime a large amount of impurities were expelled from her body. 

With these, she's simultaneously improving her control over mental power, improving the capacity, and recovering. 

She's also improving her bottlenecks by removing the potential clogs in her mana passages. 

Growl~~

It's a blessing in hungry disguise. 

Time flowed. 

...

Four hours later. 

Kiara stopped expelling impurities. 

The path she took is now riddled with black spots on the ground. 

Kiara cringed at the smell. 

"Even after regressing five times, I still can't stand the smell of these." 

Kiara sighed. 

A burst of mental power surged from her. 

The remaining stuck impurities on her skin and clothing were splattered everywhere. 

She nodded. 

Her mental power capacity was improved by a little bit, and she could feel it was also full. 

She could now continue her sprint outside. 

...

Thirty minutes later, Kiara found a door resembling the colour scheme of a mountain rock. 

"This should be a camouflaged door, looking at the colours." 

Kiara raised a brow. 

She was suspicious of the outside. What happened? 

5