Chapter 15: Reveal
93 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sky was clear of clouds. The moon was shining light down the plains, piercing through a window on a wooden house. 

The moonlight hit Kiara, lighting up her face. It was a face of surprise and confusion. 

Meanwhile, Lena sat opposite of her, having a serious face. 

***

I sat in front of Lena, just a meter away. 

Right now, I'm still processing what she said to me. We're in a place called Illusory world, and I'm dead. That's what she said.

The world where undead beings stay, that's what I'm getting. 

"Are you sure about undead?" I asked Lena again. Just in case, I want to make sure. I'm pretty sure I'm not dead. 

Lena raised her brows, but she didn't seem to mind. "Yes, undead. Things like living skeletons of the like. Zombie is one of the terms humans call them if I'm recalling." She said this, while producing a cup of tea. 

I stared at the floating tea in confusion. Lena seem to enjoy my confusion, since her eyes are telling me she's smiling even though she looks focused on sipping it. 

While I was confused by the floating tea cup, I'm also confused by how her aura changed when I met her earlier. When I first met her she seemed like a timid girl, but capable, judging from how she confidently pushed me out of her home. Now though, her whole temperament is just screaming mature woman. 

Although that's a point I should investigate later, I should focus on what's in front of me. The illusory world, where undead lives. 

Although I don't have mana to scan the inner workings of my body, I did use my mental power to scan my body and internal organs. There was no rotting, or any signs of being dead. 

As for the brain, it's already evolved into a container that can occupy my ocean quantity of mental power, so I'm not worried about it being 'dead' in a case. 

I still have to consider the case of regression too, as I haven't seen a sight even after dying, meaning there's a chance that I officially died when I overloaded my brain and forced it to evolve, and the supposed to be my regression points now depleted. Though the chance of it is utterly low since I already assured that it was safely evolved without any drawbacks besides piercing pain... And blood. 

Which comes back to investigating... As usual. There are countless variables for me to consider right now, and I can only draw conclusions as long there's enough parts that are proven true. Meaning I'm back to square one. 

"It seems you're really thinking hard there." Lena's voice awakened me from my thoughts. Although I was about to finish, it was rude of me to just stare at space. She looked like she found a little bit of entertainment at staring, since she's smiling. 

It is indeed true that I was ignoring her partly, so I assume to apologize. "I'm sorry, I was just surprised about where I was." I am surprised truly. "I am sure that I am a pure human that's alive though, that's why I thought of possibilities, quite bizzare or not." I chuckled, albeit shyly. 

Lena nodded, it seems she understands. "I know, but I am also confused. Only the dead or undead can stay here without being kicked by the dimension." She stood up and walked to the shelves. It looks like she's trying to find a book. "As for you, I know you have means to know your own condition, so I was wondering." Lena turned her head to face me and let out a cute giggle. 

I was also wondering about how Lena knows, but considering she have that black aura revolving around her, she has her own means. 

Silence for both of us prevailed for a few seconds, but the sound of Lena's ruffling on the shelf just continued without stopping. The shelf has more books than it was in the plain eye.

Time passed, and I was returning to my contemplative state again, but fortunately,  it seems that Lena is finished. "Ah. Here it is." Lena pulled a blue book stuck in the very back of the shelf. It looked old, but it also looked new. It was a bizarre state.

She sat back down in front of me, setting the book and pushing it towards me. "The human knowledge of Illusory world." Lena smiled at me. "Although I don't know how a living human is here right now, it was possible for living beings to stay here before. Humans too." 

So it was possible for all beings to stay here before, but now it wasn't possible? That's what I'm receiving here right? I took the book with a thank you and looked at the title. 

[Regression] 

Uh. Did she know perhaps? 

4