Chapter 16: World Regression
99 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Illusory world, also now known as Undead realm. The dimension where all dead, and undead can exist. No one alive can enter, as the dimension itself rejects them; with an exception of few, but they were dead already. 

The few that forced themselves were hunted by the dimension using undeads, the countless flesh eating beings. There are also skeletons, but they are the same. 

Think about it, a group of living beings that can be counted in one hand, against the whole world of undeads. Only death is escape. Literally. 

And that's why a new race was born. 

There was a story of a human being that was plunged into this world. Unknowingly, the dimension didn't reject him, but the undead did. 

Legions of legions of undeads came on his way, but he battled them with a single sword. 

No one knew who that human was, but he was strong. Stronger than anyone. He gave rest to every undead he slashed and cut. His figure was coated in blood, all undead. There was never his blood. 

He cut every undead being, reduced the population by half in just a year, and he was still going by the second year. In the third year, he reduced the population to just a single percent. 

After that, he stopped, not moving at the slightest. 

Was it because the undead was already finished? Or is there something at play? Only the few intelligent undead were left 'alive' by his sword. 

The hundred few intelligent undead grouped together and made a village. They taught every unintelligent undead to regain their sanity, increasing conscious minds. 

Meanwhile, the man was still unmoved, not even a flinch from mother nature moved him. The only difference is that the very ground he's standing on, are full of flowers.

The undead blood that flowed through the cracked earth already disappeared, now flowing through the man's body. 

All the blood shed of undead beings are now being absorbed by the swordsman. The blood red unending plains are now being transformed into a land of flowers. 

Such that time passed. Years and years co—" "—Wait a minute."

I interrupted the reading Luna. She looked at me and set back down the book. "What is it? Do you want to read it yourself?" She pushed the book towards me. 

I was speechless. "I can't read my own book if you're going to read yours aloud." I sighed. I can't even go past the table of contents. She's been reading on her own the past minute, forgetting that I'm here. 

I pushed the book in return. "Right. I forgot that I'm not alone here. Force of the habit." Luna grabbed the book, letting out a cute tongue and a wink. 

She looks cute, but I can see her mischievous air behind those eyes. "It's fine, I can manage." I can seal my own hearing using mental power, so it's fine. It's not easy though. 

It seems that she took it seriously, as she continued her loud reading without any shame. To that result, I can only seal my own hearing to read peacefully. 

Now that the pain in the ears are gone, I can finally focus on the book I'm reading. 

[Regression] 

I took another look of puzzlement at the title, but dismissed the random thoughts and opened it. 

Time passed and I went through pages and pages of paper, spending tens of minutes reading the whole thing. Mental power helped me process the details by memorizing and analyzing, so my reading speed is just less faster than a computer. 

To that end I still finished the whole book in more than half an hour. Fourty minutes or so. 

It seems that the book was enchanted by a spell, since it didn't look like I'm reaching the halfway pages after two thousand. I'm sure mana can't do this unless there are runes, so it's a different system completely. 

"Phew." I reopened the functions of my ears and sighed. "This answered many of my answers, and gave me more questions than ever." I looked at Luna who was looking at me with two hands on her chin. 

She really likes to stare at people. "Is that so? Then good for you." Luna grinned. If I'm a normal person, I would be uncomfortable. I'm only seeing a child looking like a copycat villain. 

This answered my current questions though, so I'm not complaining. I should compress it though so it's easier to understand. 

In summary, the world or dimension, what Luna calls it, is a world that loops. It regresses into the point of return every thousand years. All beings are returned to the same state, dust. 

It's also outside the domain of normal worlds floating in space. Meaning my own Regressor powers didn't affect this space at all. So now it's going to somewhere. 

Here's the thing. 

My world where I always regress is the same, but the illusory world is not aligned with my own world timeline. So in some weird miracle or curse, I was plunged into this world of undead by mistake. 

As for how, I am 'lucky' enough to die when the dimension regressed to its returning point, where a there's a small dimensional crack from being birthed into existence, exists. 

Apparently, my soul slipped into this world, and the world decided that my regression powers are a no go, since it just regressed already. 

'They', assuming the world. They gave me a living body that defies the rules of this world because the whole dimension regressing again is not a good thing for the dimension foundation. 

So now, I'm unkillable until thousand years pass. 

3