S3E4 – Promises [#205 Right and Wrong]
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shiratori Haruto

“But… I need one day…”

“One day…?” He asked back. “Why?”

“Just give me one.”

“O-Okay…” The robotic voice replied. “So, y-you’d like to isekai tomorrow?”

“Yeah,” I nodded, my eyes determined.

“Okay, then, I’ll just wait for twenty four hours,” He replied.

SNAP!

The logo suddenly disappeared in thin air. The chatter of other boys and girls surrounding the whole class emerged again in an instant. Suddenly, all the voices hit my ears—the voices of thuds of shoes, the voices of the indistinct chatter, the voices of laughter, of chewing. I sat in the right back corner of the room with a complete row of desks in front of me—all of them light brown in shade, fitted with shining silver legs. I was taking breaths in and out, my eyes neutrally open, sitting silently at the corner.

“I got just one day here now. I gotta make full use of it.”

***

Hina stood in front of the railing of the top of the school roof with her arms intercrossed on top of the railing. Her eyes, narrowed and depressed, were fixed at the ground of the school downward. In the ground beneath her, a football match was taking place where about two dozen kids in two jerseys—one red and the other black—were running all around the ground beneath the ball. The ball was kicked by the goalkeeper on the right side and it rose up and went further. It went away and bounced at the center of the ground in the wide circle. Some players around it were running at it.

Hina was glaring at the match when behind her, on her right, the door of the staircase opened and I appeared from the staircase. I turned my head to my right and looked at her back standing alone, her back a little bent to the front. I turned to my right and started to walk to her. With my hands inside the pockets of my trousers, I stopped and stood on the right side of Hina’s face, tilting my head at her. “Miyamura-san.”

“What’s it?” She asked in her expressionless voice, still glaring at the ground.

“I know that you might not want to talk to me… since I was what people say a ‘killer’s friend’, but… now that I have my memories back, I know why I befriended him in the first place.”

“Mm,” She nodded, still lost in the match.

“Every single one of my questions… about what had happened to me, why was everyone shunning me, how I lost my memories… every single one of my questions is answered.”

“So what?”

“I… I have something I need to do, Miyamura-san. I have some people to fight for, to protect, and a mission that I need to do. I still have a story to end, and… someone to return to.” I turned my head down. “I started all that drama, and returning back to those guys would feel really awkward. I’d be embarrassed, but… for the sake of my friends, my companions, and all those who have put their lives on line, I gotta go back.” I then turned my head at her again. “I know you don’t understand a thing, but… I just gotta tell this all to someone.”

“Are you done then?” She uninterestedly replied. “If you are, then leave, because, you know, like, I don’t want people to think I roam with guys like you.”

“I…” I tilted my head down. “Did you ever feel threatened while talking to me?” My lips turned into a painful smile. “Do I really act like a yakuza or something?” I took in a deep breath, raising my chest front a little, and as I turned my head down in despair, I exhaled it out with my open mouth. “You know, I thought you were a friend of mine, and if you’d have pushed off a girl at the age of nine due to your innocence, and then gone to juvenile, I’d still have been friends with you and fight against society for you, just like I did for that guy.”

She turned her head to her right at me. However, I didn’t see her face since I had my eyes tilted down. I then turned my head back right, twisted my body back, and started to walk off.

“But… you’re just like him too… giving up on me for some reason.”

“Yes… that’s the guy I’m going back to save… a guy who gave up on me… a guy who left me on my own when I needed him…”

THUD. THUD. THUD. THUD.

I was walking away toward the staircase. Just as I was halfway in the middle, I heard the feminine voice calling me from behind.

“Shiratori-kun…”

I turned my head to my back, looking at her teary eyes as she looked at me.

“Like, can’t you just say you’re sad about it and you think I’m the wrong one?”

I gulped in. “I don’t know who’s right and who’s wrong either, Miyamura-san,” I replied.

“Like you didn’t make it that obvious!” She said with a smile as she turned her head down. “I’m… sorry. I should have known you have other problems in your life too.”

“I… don’t have problems. I just have responsibilities I gotta fulfill,” I replied. “I… I won’t be around here for a while. It might take me weeks, months, or even a year, but I promise, I’ll… I’ll come back here. And when I return, I’d tell you the complete story about where I was, where I went, and what I did.”

“Don’t make it sound like you’re gonna save the country, dummy!” She commented. “But…” She then turned her head down. “Come back soon. I’ll be here… fighting for you.”

I remembered my own words I’d said to Itsuki, “We’ll always be together.”

I smiled. “Yeah, please wait patiently for me.” I then turned my head to the front and started to walk down the stairway.

“Where are you going, you dumb kid?!” She shouted. She then started to run at me. “Wait for me!”

0