S3E5 – Artificially Engineered KCs [#212 Bad Days]
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kabata Katsuki

“Embed… hatred…?” The eyes of the king were wide open. He sat on top of the dark wooden table, his hands on top of the round table in front of him. There were a couple of seconds of silence in the dark narrow room. The fire inside the lantern on top of the table was crackling. The two shabby men, both confident and dominant, looked at the king. The king was looking back at them, shocked, and then he turned his head down. “The seven sinners… are gonna be the personal bodyguards of my son…”

“It’s your choice how to use them afterward. We just want to experiment with the idea.”

The king nodded.

***

“And… that motherfucker made the deal. The Seven Sinners Program was given a go. Fifty bereaved children were taken from the war against Sataria, and these filthy asses…”

The small figure of me slowly opened the first half of its eyes, and noticed the blurry white room lightened with brilliance. I then closed my eyes, and then opened them again. I then closed my eyes, pressed them hard, moved my fists in front of my eyes, and started to rub them against my eyes. I then opened my eyes, blinked thrice, and then looked at the figure of a man in a white thin jacket and a black pair of pants.

“Good morning, Kabata Katsuki-kun.”

***

“Don’t you… hate the first day?”

My eyes were fixed on the setting sun, shining brightly. My lips were serious. I stood on the terrace in front of the garden of the castle with Ayato on my right. Both of us had our eyes fixed on the sun setting on our right. Ayato then suddenly turned at me. “Yeah, I do.” He then turned his head down with a little smile. “But we were just kids back then. Do you think it makes a difference?”

***

My small figure was completely naked as I lay on the bed surrounded by other girls standing—both of my age and some adolescents—looking toward me.

***

“Still, though, it’s so… evil… to…” I commented.

“Yeah, it sure is. That’s why our first day was hard, wasn’t it?”

I glared at Ayato’s emotional eyes as he looked at me.

“Why… are you making me remember those days again?”

“Because… I feel like something big is approaching us… and I feel nostalgic now. This… This anxiety… I’ve never had it for years, and now, I… I just can’t control it.”

“What the fuck are you feeling so anxious about?” He frowned his eyes a little questioningly.

I turned my head to the front and tilted my head down. “I don’t know. There’s been no news of The Bar lately. And… watching Kurayami again has already had a toll on me. Then, the punishment.” I turned my head to the front again. “This situation that we’ve created… This makes me feel anxious, and anxiety makes me feel nostalgic.”

Ayato looked at me with a smile. He then turned his head back to the setting sun again. “I can feel you, Katsuki. Don’t worry. We’ll go back to normal again.”

“We never will, will we?” I commented. “This fight… is gonna change all of it.”

“I can’t wait for it.”

“I too… want to get over with it now.”

“But all we can do is gotta wait.”

“Wait for either the police forces to find them, or wait for The Bar to make a move.”

“Yeah.”

I smiled. “This time, Imma kill the hero, no matter what. That filthy ass always gets lucky and finds a way to run away.”

“He sure is too lucky,” Ayato smiled. He then turned his head to his left at me. “He ran away all three times, and that too without a scratch.”

“That’s why Ishida-sama is angry with me. I could have killed him on all three occasions.”

“It sure must be irritating.”

I turned my body to my back and rested my back on the white sparkling railing of the castle. “Next time Imma see him, he’s a goner. And ya stay by my back in case he tries to run away again.”

“Yeah. We gotta get his running techniques covered for the war. Imma make sure every one of his pals is busy when he fights you.”

“Great.” I then turned my head to the front. “Let’s get dinner now and then go to sleep. I can’t wait to end this day already.”

“It’s been hard on you, right?” Ayato patted my left shoulder.

I then stepped to the front and started walking as I replied. “Yeah, my mind is so fucked right now…”

“It’ll be alright tomorrow.”

0