CH 63: SCHOOL
2.6k 10 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day was a beautiful Monday. 

Of course, most students or workers would not agree with this opinion since Monday was a cursed day for them. But, at least, this was so for Asia.

After all, 

'I am finally going to school! Kyaaa~!'

Asia squealed in excitement in her mind.

Even though it was a Japanese school and she needed to learn more about the written part of the language, Asia was incredibly happy.

All her life she had lived in the monastery and rarely had the chance to meet people of her age.

She was excited at the prospect of making friends and making good memories with said friends.

But more than anything,

'I am going to school with Basara.'

Though she was transferred as a second-year student, it didn't change the fact that she would go to and from school with her beloved.

She would be able to witness sides of him she could never see while at home and she would increase the time the two of them could spend together.

Looking at herself in the mirror while she changed her clothes to her new uniform, a bright smile etched on her face.

Sadly, when she remembered what would happen tomorrow, her smile receded like the tide.

Didodora Astaroth. 

The devil she saved and who indirectly caused her expulsion from the church.

In the past, she never hated that devil. As a healer, it was her duty to save lives, no matter who they were. 

Furthermore, she was sure then and even more so now that not all devils were evils. 

This was why she had saved him without any hesitation.

But…What if everything had been fake from the start?

What if her sacrifice was simply the result of the machinations of a sly devil? 

This would mean that all her life until up to a few weeks ago had been under the control of people who simply wished to use her.

First the church.

Then that devil.

Finally the fallen angels.

Asia lowered her head in thoughts and a bleak laugh escaped her mouth, 

It was truly ironic. The fact that all the three factions had a hand in her current situation. 

Of course, the fact that Diodora's motives were impure was yet to be proven. It was simply the result of Lucia and Basara's inference from the information they had at hand.

In the past, Asia would have dismissed those worries for she wished to believe in the good that existed in everyone's hearts.

But ever since what happened with Freed, her trust in people and men in particular, was at an all-time low.

The only exception to this was Basara. Asia trusted Basara. Asia only trusted Basara.

Asia liked Lucia but she could see now that everything Lucia did was not for her own good but for the good of Basara. She knew that if should she become a liability to Basara, Lucia would mercilessly crush her.

But she didn't mind that.

A new smile lit up her face.

She liked such Lucia very much. Because she knew that she would do the same. Basara was the only one who never tried to use her nor manipulate her.

He was her first source of true warmth in this world and the anchor of her psyche. She knew that Basara would rather hurt himself than allow anyone to hurt her.

'Hah…I am going to school with Basara.'

Like a broken record, her thought went back to this point.

Basara was slowly becoming her everything, even her source of faith. 

She did not know yet if it was a good or a bad thing.

But she did not plan to stop it. After all, the more loyal she became to him, the stronger he would become. 

"Asia! Are you ready!? Come down for breakfast."

Lucia's voice came from below, startling Asia awake. She looked at the time and realized she had been daydreaming for quite a while. She hurriedly finished wearing her clothes and took one last look at her reflection in the mirror before nodding in satisfaction.

"I am ready!"

This would be her first day at school.

—-

Hiding outside the town, Zolgear and Diodora were facing each other, 

"Old man, lend me your girl."

Zolgear frowned, ready to lash out but calmed down quite fast.

"What do you mean?"

"I believe I have been clear. Tomorrow, when we face that disgusting man, I will challenge him to a game with our pieces as collateral."

Zolgear frowned, even more, distaste evident on his face, "And why should I lend you Zest then? Your problem does not matter to me."

Diodora shrugged, "Then it's your loss. But let me tell you that Lucia Gremory or should I call her Lucia Asmodeus? Is part of his peerage."

Zolgear breath grew ragged instantly.

For a researcher like him, a succubus like Lucia was a wonder in itself. He had always searched to find a way to capture a Succubus but had never dared to do so. After all, the three remaining succubi were related to the Gremory and as such to Sirzech.

If he managed to get Lucia, not only would he be able to potentially obtain the secret of the Master-servant pact, but he would also obtain a true old blood.

As the direct daughter of Asmodeus, Lucia was would be a great symbol for the Old Maou faction and her strength would be without a doubt welcome for their future uprising. He could also get Creuserey Asmodeus to owe him a great deal if he brought back his grand-aunt [1].

As a member of the Old Maou faction, Zolgear could not and would not use the Evil Piece. All of his comrades saw it as a disgrace since it brought those impure reincarnated devil to life. This was why he had no peerage and such could not participate in a rating game.

Seeing that Zolgear seemed interested in his proposal now, Diodora decided to sweeten the deal. He desperately needed to add a powerhouse to his peerage since Lucia would be on the other side and Zest was the best one at hand.

"Furthermore, since that man helped Kuroka, Asia and Lucia should have information on her. Once I get them, I will be able to get all the information we need. Not to forget that Lucia is also a high-ranked member of the New Maou faction. She should have many top secret information we could get our hand on."

Zolgear was basically sold but he wouldn't plunge into such a deal without thinking more deeply.

"What makes you so sure that you will win? Lucia has never chosen a master until now. For him to get her and with his fight with Zest, we can be sure that he is no slouch."

"Since we have her power, there is no way I can lose, and…Don't you believe in the power of your own creation?"

"No need to attack my ego. Then another question. What makes you so sure he will accept your challenge?"

Diodora gave a mean smile, "I know his type. The knight in white armor who saves the damsel in distress. How do you think he will react if he knows he could set free all the saintesses under my control?"

Zolgear's eyes grew wide, "You mean?"

"Yes! I will bet my entire peerage. There is no way he will refuse!"

Diodora's eyes were bloodshot. He looked like a gambler ready to stack everything on one last gamble.

The question though, was Zolgear ready to follow him in this gamble?

Zolgear frowned before nodding, "Give me some time. I will answer you tomorrow before we meet them."

Even though the answer was delayed, Diodora smiled. He knew that he would receive a positive response. 

What they didn't know was that in the shadow someone was observing them and listening to their conversation.

Once Zolgear and Diodora left the premise, the shadow moved and appeared in a clearing.

It was a man dressed in a formal black suit with white accents, a white dress shirt with a black bowtie, and boots. His face was hidden by a white mask with gold designs on it but one could see his long pointed ears.

"How troublesome and I cannot even kill them since they did nothing wrong yet."

The shadow muttered irritably. Torn between the desire to simply end his infiltration mission now or take the long road.

"Still, the queen is as incredible as always."

Thinking about the sister of his King that liked to act like a cute and weak woman but was in reality more like a hidden boss, he gave a hollow chuckle and gave up on any idea he had of slacking off.

'Then…Should I infiltrate Kuoh Academy?'

This was another problem. With his skills, he was sure that he could easily do so. But this was a territory under the sisters of two Maou.

Even though his own King was one of the four Maou, he knew that if he got caught he wouldn't be able to avoid punishment.

Thinking like this, he let out another sigh, those were the risk of the job.

His master had long since wished to exterminate the Old Maou faction. They just lacked a valable reason to do so.

Now though? His instincts were telling him that this wouldn't be a problem anymore vey soon.

'Now then, I obviously cannot use my name. How should I call myself?'

He hesitated for a while before snapping his finger, "Yahiro." He closed his eyes before opening them, 

"Yahiro Takigawa. This will be my name for now."

It was time to enter school now.

[1]: In my setting, Lucia is the direct daughter of Asmodeus. Meanwhile, Creuserey was just a descendant of Asmodeus. The same way Vali is the great-grandson of Lucifer. 

(AN: Kuoh academy is welcoming new students and this is just the start hehe. What do you think of Asia growing psyche? She is a little cynical and less naive than the original but at her core she is still a very kind person.)

(Patreon Perk:

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/HikaruGenji

Join my Patreon You can get up to 57 advanced chapters, 19 of SHK and 19 of Gojo, and 19 of Lustful Paradise. 

SPECIAL GOJO: 4 chapters of GOJO 

SPECIAL SHK: 4 chapters of SHK

SPECIAL LP: 4 chapters of LP

Tier 1: 4+4 chapters of Gojo and LP

Bronze:4+4 chapters of SHK+LP

C Tier: 4+4 Chapters of GOJO+SHK

Tier 2: 12+12 chapters GOJO+LP

Silver: 12+12 chapters SHK+LP

B-TIER: 12+12 Chapters of GOJO+SHK

Tier 3: 14+14 chapters GOJO+LP

Gold 14+14 chapters of SHK+LP

A Tier: 14+14 Chapters of GOJO+SHK

Legend: 17 chapters of SHK, 17 of Gojo, and 17 chapters of LP+ illustrations of SHK

Overlord: 19 of SHK, 19 of Gojo, and 19 chapters of LP+ illustrations. Can also ask or vote for special chapters once each month. 

Supreme: Same benefits as overlord+ right to ask for the creation of an OC(Name/Gender /Race/Power) that will be added to the story.

63