CH 64: SCHOOL 2
1.9k 3 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Student council; Kuoh Academy.]

The atmosphere in the student council office was generally calm and comfy. After all, while Sona was a rather serious young girl, she saw all the members of her peerage as her friends and treated them with respect. 

But this time, the atmosphere was quite strained. 

The reasons? 

The number of transfer student applications on her desk. 

"Asia, I can understand. I am the one who made the paper for her after all. But what about this man, Yahiro?"

Tsubaki opened her folder with a frown on her face, "This student is legit. He is the nephew of one of the high-graded teachers in the school. It seems that Yahiro was a delinquent student in Kyoto and his parents wished to send him to town a little far from the hustle of the city."

Sona scowled a little. Kyoto wasn't really in the control of devils. It was more the territory of the youkai and their Leaders, Yasaka, a powerful Daiyokai, who was the descendant of Tamamo-no-mae a youkai sealed by the five great families.

Because of this, it would be hard for Sona to prove the veracity of this background and this disturbed her quite a bit.

"This man is quite suspicious and I do not wish to introduce him in the same class as Basara, Mio, and the others. Still, we need to keep him under surveillance, Ruruko, would you be willing to take the job?"

"Leave it to me!"

Ruruko was a short girl with brown hair in long twin ponytails and green eyes. She had a pair of green clips in her hair and she also wore striped green stockings.

Her Evil piece was the pawn piece.

One had to know that while her peerage wasn't as over top as Rias', all the members of her peerage had relation to the supernatural before becoming devils. They were either cursed, from a Witch family, an exorcist family, were related to the company of her father, or were simply born with a sacred gear.

Ruruko was the only one who had been a perfectly normal human with no particular skills nor relation to Sona until Sona reincarnated her as a devil.

Still, Sona did not regret her choice. After all, her peerage wasn't a power type. 

Now that the situation with Yahiro was partially taken care of, Sona turned to the next problem at hand,

"You said that Sazaki-sensei suddenly acting suspiciously?"

Saiji nodded, "That creep didn't come since the last week. I thought it was weird so I decided to take a look but he suddenly came back this morning and it was like I was facing a new guy."

Sona's finger tapped rhythmically on the table. Sazaki Mamoru was indeed a creep like Saiji described. The way he was ogling girls who were half his age and moreover his students always disgusted Sona but as a reasonable woman, she couldn't just expel him since he never did anything over the line. 

 Still, Sona had long since wished to expel him from the school and all she needed for that was a valid reason, 

"Saiji continues to observe him and at the slightest suspicious movement, mind wipes him." 

"Roger."

Saiji nodded as he clenched his fists, eager to prove himself. He had been in this state ever since he saw the fight of Basara. It was so shocking but also inspiring. Since he also had a Dragon-type gear, even if it couldn't compare to the Boosted Gear, he hoped to at least get a better control of his skills.

"Now then, the last report."

Sona could already feel a headache settling in when she recalled the content of that report. As a close of Rias, she knew the origin of all her peerage members and this was why she was uneasy.

She even wondered if she should show this to Rias but in the end, she decided against hiding. 

This would change nothing.

'I hope he won't react too strongly.'

She spoke so even as she doubted herself, 

"What puts you in such a state?"

Tsubaki, curious, couldn't help but ask, 

"I received a message from the church. It seems like it was attacked and a few holy weapons were stolen."

Sona held her forehead as she answered. "If it was just that it wouldn't be a problem. The problem is…What was stolen exactly and where are the stolen goods."

Tsubaki could feel her heartbeats accelerate as she an ominous feeling filled her chest.

"For some reason, those swords seem to be currently in the surrounding of Kuoh town. As for the objects that were stolen…Those were Excaliburs."

Her voice was grave. Holy weapons were the nemesis of devils. Of course, the effect depended on the user—--Not everyone was Vasco Strada.

Still, a few Excalibur were very dangerous.

More than anything, this could have serious political repercussions. 

The peace between the three factions wasn't just because of the distaste toward shedding blood. But simply because they were pretty much enemies or had a neutral relationship with all the others Pantheon.

If they fell, everyone would simply watch them with a big grin at best and at worst, join help but with the enemy rushing at them to tear them to pieces.

This was why, even if not united, they needed to keep a semblance of peace and harmony.

Sona groaned and took a last look at the list of exorcists the church was about to send.

It was an entire team, composed of 5 women, she did not recognize four of them, but she did recognize the adult woman. 

"Griselda Quarta. They really sent a big shot this time."

"When will they reach Japan?"

"This week. No exact date, I guess to avoid us ambushing them or something of the like. You never know with exorcists."

'I really need something against headache.'

Tsubaki nodded but then showed a worried expression, 

"Miss…"

"Hum…What might be the problem?"

"Wasn't Basara expelled from the Vatican while he was a trainee? You think…?"

Sona was startled and looked down once again, aside from Griselda, the other four were obviously young girls old enough to be in high school. Meaning they were the same generation as Basara. 

What were the chances that they knew each other? 

More than anything, what was she supposed to do?

(AN: Not much happened, but with the Last chapter and this one I think I have made enough preparation and foreshadowing. Now time to accelerate the pace and visit our dear nurse for advice.) 

71