CH 67: INTERRUPTION
2.2k 11 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Basara. How have you been?”

The moment Basara entered and closed the door behind him, Hasegawa stood up with a huge smile on her face.

Even though she was always observing and keeping him safe from the shadow, she had to admit that she was much happier when they could face each other like this.

As for the guilt of having such a relationship with her ‘nephew’, there were no such things in Hasegawa’s mind. In the first place, it was foolish to expect a goddess like her to have the same view of the world and morality as humans.

Furthermore, even if she was affected by them, her cousin was technically only the surrogate mother of Basara. This was why the god blood in his body was far weaker than his devil or dragon blood.

‘Speaking of, I wonder if I should help him balance the different bloodlines.’

Unlike what many people might think, having many bloodlines was not really a good thing.

Even though Hybrid had the advantage of not possessing the weakness of their original race or simply being less affected, in exchange they lost most of the talent of the original races.

While there was always a few oddities who in fact got the best of both blood, the result would generally be that the weaker blood affected the stronger one.

A Damphir may be able to walk under the sun with no problem, unlike a Vampire. But a normal Damphir can never beat a normal vampire all of this was under the circumstance that the two blood were not equal in power.

When they were the problem became even worse and may result in the conflicting bloodline fighting against each other. 

In her opinion, Basara was a true miracle of nature. A child born with the blood of the strongest Human, the strongest Dragon, the strongest female Devil, and the strongest Goddess.

But at the same time, because of this, it became harder for him to truly express his full talent.

‘Well. No matter. I should begin the preparation. The stronger he is the better.’

Hasegawa bit her lips, anticipation in her eyes. After all, this ritual would require her to…

“Hasegawa-sensei?”

Hasegawa woke up from her thoughts and faced Basara.

“Though I am happy to have you here, I wonder for what purpose you came? Also, I remember asking you to be more casual when we are alone.”

She pushed him to a seat and began to brew some tea while gently admonishing him. 

Basara stared absentmindedly at her back. She was still wearing her usual white cloak and her short skirt. No matter from which angle you looked at her, Hasegawa was a great beauty with amazing curves and even now, Basara had a hard time believing he was having a tryst with such a beautiful and sensual woman.

Still, she was right in saying that he wasn’t here just for fun, 

“I really can’t hide anything from you. I guess I am a little lost about what to do lately.”

Hasegawa frowned and stopped brewing the tea before taking a seat opposite him.

“I do not believe I have all the answers. But, if you are troubled, I am always willing to listen and give advice as much as I can.”

Basara nodded, ever since he met her, he had always felt a great trust in her and she had never betrayed that trust until now.

“It’s just…Many things are happening one after another but now I wonder…What should I do?”

Basara was indeed a little lost. 

Because of the trauma he suffered as a child, Basara had given up on life as an exorcist and decided to live as a normal student.

But now that his trauma was greatly abated he begin to wonder if it was truly the best solution. 

He knew that he wanted to protect his family and peerage. But then what?

Should he continue studying and become some blue-collar salaryman in Japan? 

Basara knew that this was absolutely impossible for him now.

Then what? Should he go back to the Vatican and ask officially become an exorcist?

Basara laughed inwardly. In the current situation, there was more chance of him getting exorcized the moment he placed a foot there.

As if it wasn’t enough, there was the situation with the Gremory. During their discussion, Mio explicitly told him that the moment he was recognized by the main family, it was absolutely impossible for him to starve.

The Gremory had a great strength in terms of economy. Be it Rias or Mio, the two of them had received many buildings and business here on earth and in the devil world[1].

The Gremory were truly filthy rich.

But Basara wasn’t particularly interested in money either. While, of course, not to the degree of the Gremory, Jin was also someone very rich. Otherwise, how could they have traveled all other the world? Since Sapphire was also rich, Basara knew that he already a great wealth under his name even if the Gremory didn’t recognize him.

He was rich, handsome, and talented.

‘Heh. When I think about it, my problem truly seems like they are worthless.’

He laughed self-depreciatingly but Hasegawa didn’t think the same.

Even though Basara didn’t give too many details, she obviously knew everything about Basara and this was why she was worried.

For supernatural creatures like them who could live for thousands of years, the scariest thing was to have no goal.

Except for the gods, no one was truly immortal and with his bloodlines, Basara would live far longer than a normal devil could ever hope to.

But here was the hic. The longevity of a god with the mind of a mortal was the recipe for disaster.

This was why mortals needed goals. Without goals, the weight of the years would crush their mind and they would either end up crazy, kill themselves, or simply choose to have long naps that would last for hundred or thousand of years.

Supernatural creatures didn’t need to fear their body getting old. What they needed to fear was their heart and spirit getting old. 

She wanted to live a long life with Basara and for that she…

‘!!!’

Her thoughts were once again cut off but this time she had no sweet smile on her face. Meanwhile, Basara looked up with a serious expression. 

After all, 

‘A force field?’

The school was entirely covered by a strange power.

(AN: Welp, time to kill someone.)

[1]: This is no joke. This is mainly because of Rias’s grandmom. The moment she meet Issei and so she was ready to give them enough ‘pocket money’ (that’s how she called it) to buy themselves a castle. She is basically the gentle grandma who spoils her grandchild with sweet only replace sweet with cold hard cash and jewels and gold. Lol.

66