CH 68: SOMEONE FROM THE PAST
2k 9 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So this is the school those devils are going to?"

Floating in the air was a petite young girl who was surprisingly developed for her age with blue-violet hair tied up in a ponytail and golden pupils. 

She was clad in a battle outfit that was tightly wrapped around her slim figure consisting of a navy blue leotard with a black collar and white skirt as well as short tights underneath her skirt and a navy blue cape. All four of her limbs were covered by armor and she had a special gauntlet on her left forearm.

She frowned in disgust. She really did not wish to come to japan for this mission. But she didn't wish to let her friends and sister come alone.

After all, her sister aside, the other two had never really left the country and would have been lost without help.

Even with Griselda, it would be a little hard. After all, despite all her experience, Griselda also knew nothing about Japan.

'Sigh. To think Xenovia simply wanted to storm this place and threaten the devils.'

She sighed again but didn't dwell on it. She knew that Xenovia was in no way stupid. The girl simply liked using more direct means rather than subtle ones. But she was different.

She wasn't as fast as her sister nor as strong as Xenovia and Celis 

But thanks to her sacred gear [1], she was pretty good for a scout and it was her job to observe the terrain first before any operation.

Once again, Kurumi was glad that she decided to observe the situation before making any plan.

After all, 

"What's going on?"

Her skin crawled at the feeling of wrongness. She initially thought that it was the job of devils, but it wasn't so.

For some reason, Kuoh academy was suddenly surrounded by a sort of holy barrier. She could feel the spirit rushing away.

This power was wrong. 

Divine power it may be, but it was as if it did not come from her.

A power different from everything she ever felt.

Kurumi hesitated.

What should she do in this situation?

She knew too little. There was no way to make a report with that she had in hand.

She beat her lip slightly.

'He is there…Right?'

There was another reason why all four of them followed Griselda even though only Xenovia and Celis were wielders of Excaliburs. 

The existence of someone that was noticed during the report they received.

A man who brought much pain to her young heart whenever she thought of him.

She hated him.

She was sure she hated him.

But at the thought that he might be in danger. Something in her stirred.

In the end, she made her decision.

Closing her eyes, she focused a little while and began to communicate with the spirits of the wind and the spirits of the earth.

'Please guys, if I don't come back soon, go warn them.'

Kurumi was not stupid, even if she wanted to rush, she couldn't simply do so without leaving a message behind.

If nothing happened in the end, then it was fine. If not, then help would come.

Once she was finished with her message she breathed deeply and walked toward the barrier.

It was very thin. It did not even stop people from going on, only from going out.

'Very well, let's go. I am certainly not doing this because I am worried for him…I just want to get more information.'

It was with such tangled thought that Kurumi Nonaka entered the scene.

Meanwhile, Basara was hesitant about what he should do. From the current situation, It seemed that someone had covered the entire school with a barrier.

He wanted to go and investigate but with Hasegawa next to him, it was quite difficult. In the end, Basara made his decision, 

"Chisato. You should have felt it, right?"

Even though it was a question, the way Basara spoke showed that he was absolutely sure of her.

Chisato could see that if she lied now, all the goodwill she built up with him might crash down, 

"Indeed."

She even had a guess about who the culprit was. But she wasn't sure and in fact, she hoped that she was completely wrong. 

"I see."

Basara sighed. "There are many questions I have, but now isn't the time. Are you able to defend yourself?"

"Of course. I am pretty good at support."

She wasn't lying. She was very good with some support skills. Of course, she could do much more. But she had to be careful.

"Very well."

Basara nodded, "In this case, I will leave you my back."

{Ddraig, also guard my back, please. Just in case}

At the end of the day, even though Basara and Hasegawa seemed really close, there was still too much secret between them.

In the first place, the fact that she already knew about him being from the supernatural side while he did not mean that she might have approached him with ill intent.

Truthfully, he did not believe that Hasegawa had ill will toward him. But he couldn't afford to be careless.

Just because a woman was beautiful did not mean that she was worth trusting. There were already too many stories about heroes dying because they trusted the wrong person.

"Let's go."

Hasegawa nodded. How could his wariness escape her?

But far from sad. She was in fact a little glad. As she thought, Basara wasn't the kind to let lustful thoughts take control of him.

This was good news.

Of course, she would be lying if she said she wasn't sad about him not trusting her completely. But trust was something that was earned rather than given. She knew how suspicious she was and she was glad he was simply being wary of her rather than outright distrusting her. 

The moment the two of them walked out, they immediately rushed toward the building of the first-year student.

Basara wanted to make sure that Mio and Maria were alright.

At the same time, he used his power to verify that Asia was safe. Only then was he able to leave a sigh of relief.

'Poor Asia. It seems like her first day of school will indeed be something to remember. Though not in a good way.'

[1]: In my setting, since Kurumi isn't a witch or mage and doesn't use a holy weapon, I decided to make her gauntlet a sacred gear. Spirit gauntlet. Like in Shinmai, she can use the power of elements through it.

[AN: Irina Shidou might not exist in my story. She and her father's entire existence are replaced by the Nonaka. For those who know the novel, this means the event that happened in Vol 18 of DxD with the back story of the king piece was caused by Kurumi and Yuki's father. Irina is another character that doesn't really bring anything to the story in my opinion so rather than struggling with more character I rather off her. This is even more so since the character of Celis and Irina overlap too much in my opinion and I like Celis more. So yeah.

---

(Patreon Perk:

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/HikaruGenji

Join my Patreon You can get up to 57 advanced chapters, 19 of SHK and 19 of Gojo, and 19 of Lustful Paradise. 

SPECIAL GOJO: 4 chapters of GOJO 

SPECIAL SHK: 4 chapters of SHK

SPECIAL LP: 4 chapters of LP

Tier 1: 4+4 chapters of Gojo and LP

Bronze:4+4 chapters of SHK+LP

C Tier: 4+4 Chapters of GOJO+SHK

Tier 2: 12+12 chapters GOJO+LP

Silver: 12+12 chapters SHK+LP

B-TIER: 12+12 Chapters of GOJO+SHK

Tier 3: 14+14 chapters GOJO+LP

Gold 14+14 chapters of SHK+LP

A Tier: 14+14 Chapters of GOJO+SHK

Legend: 17 chapters of SHK, 17 of Gojo, and 17 chapters of LP+ illustrations of SHK

Overlord: 19 of SHK, 19 of Gojo, and 19 chapters of LP+ illustrations. Can also ask or vote for special chapters once each month. 

Supreme: Same benefits as overlord+ right to ask for the creation of an OC(Name/Gender /Race/Power) that will be added to the story.

64