Chapter 0
79 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Heyy... I know I've tried to write this before and I have also forgotten if the name was Refracted Moon or Fractured Moon, but there is one guarantee that I can say for sure. I will write 30 chapters before even thinking of stopping, so I hope you enjoy

On the night of the full moon the sounds of new life resounded throughout a hospital room; the hospital workers congratulating themselves on a job well done and congratulating the family on their new baby girl.

“Audri, are you sure you're ok, you look a little pale” The husband looked down at his newborn and loving wife.

“I said I was just lightheaded *cough* believe me please” contorting her face it to a joking frown

“If you say so?” Still worried the husband decided to look past it and gaze out the window behind him, “You know I was never sure if I could be a good father, but I feel that with you around Audri that anything is possible, I ready to be father, I can’t wait to raise her into a beautiful young lady”

“Ahh *cough* *cough* look at him get all worked up Ayla, that dummy sure can dream. *cough* *cough*”

“Hey!” Turning around quickly he looked into his wife’s laughing face

“You know I kid, calm down you big softy”

Somewhat offended he turned back around to face the moon “Ayla? That wasn’t on the name list, what does it mean?”

“*cough* Look out the window and try and figure it out”

“You know what, I’m getting tired of your smart mouth, don’t forget your ticklis-” Before he could finish his sentence the loud sound of a flatline resounded throughout the hospital room.

“AUDRI!!!”

______________________________________________________________________________________

The sun was beaming overhead, tropical trees were flowing, and deep in the mountains a black car was pulling into the driveway of a mansion.

*Bang* The doors to the mansion burst open with vigor as a stubby legged energetic brown skinned girl ran through, her green eyes glistened and bouncing curls radiated of pure excitement and energy.

“Daddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!” She shouted at the top of her lungs swiftly making her way to the stairs “I’m baac-” *BANG! *

“Young Miss, are you ok?” Running quickly into the house was an aging white man dressed in a butler’s suit attended to the little girl, “I’ve told you many a time to slow down when entering the house, you might hurt yourself” 

“It’s ok Alexy I’m fine” Jumping back on to her feet, “See look, I wouldn’t be daddy’s little girl If I were to cry over a little fall” She quickly resumed her head on sprint up the stairs, making a sharp left turn at the top and made her way down to the hall before stopping at a pair of large brown double doors, he figure was dwarfed in comparison to these doors, “*Gulp* Da-Daddy” but before she could knock on the door she heard the sound of shouting on the other side.

“What the fuck do you mean that you can’t do it? I don’t care if you don’t feel comfortable doing it, I’m paying you to do it. I am giving you the supplies to do it. So, guess what… I EXPECT YOU TO FUCKING DO IT!!!” *Slam* He slammed the phone down onto its holder.

Upon hearing the conversation coming to an end she slowly peaked her head through the door” H-hey daddy”

WHAT.DO.YOU.WANT” His eyes held no patience as he stared at the little girl poking her head through the door.

“Nothing-” she quickly shut the door and began to run away from the door but fell on her but when she ran headfirst into something blocking her way.

“Young Miss, go wait for me in the living room I promise that when I’m done with Mr. Spears that I will take you to go get your favorite ice cream”

“Really!?” The tears that started to pour from her eyes quickly dried up.

“Yeah” Putting a smile on his face he patted her head before walking towards the office.

Ayla quickly made her way to the stairs but her interest in their conversation got the better of her, causing her to sneakily make her way back to the room and peek her head into the door to see Alexy get smacked.

*Smack* “Why in the hell are you spending $130 dollars on that girl?” *Smack* “Don’t waste my hard-earned money on that girl she is nothing but a waste, I expected better from you Alexis” 

“I apologize sir, but it is her birthday sir, I thought such an expense would be fine if it were only for today”

“Did I ask for your opinion on whether or not it’s appropriate to spend my money on her? I don’t give a damn if it’s her birthday, to me it’s just another reminder that my wife is dead!“ His face was seething, she had never heard her father speak with such anger, she had been told before that it was her fault that her mother was dead but hearing it like this caused her to start crying, but stopped knowing that if she got caught she would be in trouble.

“Sigh, get out of my face” He pinched his brow.

“Ye-”

“OUT!!!” Hearing this she quietly shut the door and ran downstairs.

______________________________________________________________________________________

The sun had begun to set and many families at the park began to head home but sat on a bench were an old man in a butler’s outfit and a small girl. It had been an hour since they have left the house and now were sitting in a park enjoying ice cream, Vanilla in Alexis’s hand and Banana in Ayla’s

“Alexy, can you hold my ice cream while I go potty” holding out her messy cone that was dripping onto her hand

“Sure, but Young Miss remember if anything happens scream at the top of your lungs” grabbing the cone.

“Ok” quickly jumping down from the bench she made her way to one of the nearest porta potties.

Once she was sure she was out of sight she instead went into the forest and sat in front of a tree in the fetal position and began to cry, all of the emotions that had been struck upon her earlier were too much for her to bear causing her to break down. Her crying would continue for another 10 minutes until she heard rustling in a nearby bush.

She decided to go check out what the noise was and made her way to the bush, and the bush continued to rustle until she was directly in front of it, suddenly something shot it’s head out of the bush.

“A fox?” It was a baby fox maybe only like 3-4 months old, its fur was brown, seemingly caked with dirt but it didn’t seem aggressive and made its face closer to Ayla’s face before licking the tears off her face, “Hey stop it” She began to laugh, her mood quickly flipped as she began to play with the fox.

______________________________________________________________________________________

“Where did that girl go?” Alexis has long since thrown away the ice cream cones and began to make his way to the porta potty, “Hey, Ayla are you in there” “...” Silence, nothing but silence resounded from the porta potty and that when it hit him, “She didn’t go to the bathroom”

Quickly looking around he noticed small child footsteps heading into the forest, “She must have gone somewhere to cry, dammit why didn’t I predict this” He began to sprint deep into the forest.

______________________________________________________________________________________

“Hey little girl, you know she should play with wild animals, they might be dangerous” The voice of a young man resounded from behind her.

“Wh-” But before she could respond a napkin would be pressed over her mouth and nose. The man was strong, she could do nothing to break out of his grasp, but that doesn’t mean she did try.

Thrashing back and forth the man held her tightly in his arms waiting for the chloroform to kick in but before it could he felt a sharp pain in his leg, looking down it was the brown fox.

“Damn you” The pain had caused him to loosen his grip giving Ayla enough time to let her mouth free.

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!” Her scream caused the birds in the trees to fly away.

“Shut up” “Whimper” The man quickly kicked the fox off of him, sending it into a tree while slapping Ayla but before he could do anything else he felt a thick arm wrap around his neck causing him to quickly drop the girl.

“What do you think you're doing?” Alexis was behind the man. The sudden chokehold causes the man to drop Ayla flat on her but and try to free himself from the chokehold.

“S-stop, stop” His attempts felt like simple love taps upon Alexis's arm as he tried to get loose but stopped as he lost consciousness.

“Young Miss, are you ok?” Looking down he picked her up and dusted her clothes

“Yeah *sniffle* but is Theo, ok?”

“Who’s Theo?

“The little fox that helped me” looking around she found the tree that he was laying against, “Alexy I think he’s hurt can you help him” But before she could move to check on Theo, she felt Alexis bring her close to his chest.

“Ayla. You don’t need to handle the burden of your emotions by yourself, I’m here, I’ll always be here, believe me” Hearing these words she burst into tears she had begun to furiously cry on his shoulder and eventually cried herself to sleep.

“Young Miss, wake up” Opening her eyes she saw that she was home and sitting in a chair next to her was Alexis.

“Alexy when did-” before she could finish a white fox jumped onto her face, “Phhht, stop, stop haha”

“If you're curious he was just dirty, I didn’t know that foxes could be white in the summer, but you learn something new every day” Alexis quickly explained what she was thinking while peeling an apple, “Here" handing her a plate of apple slices, "And yes he is yours now, I managed to convince the man down the hall to let you keep him at my expense”

“Really?” She managed to pull the fox off her face to ask this question

“Yes really” An accomplished smile was plastered on his face

“I love you Alexy!” She threw the sheets off and threw herself around his neck.

“I love you too Ayla” 

4