Chapter 3
33 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3

[Alert!...]

[Alert! Great Stalker of the Night is unable…]

[Alert! Great Stalker of the Night is unable to condense spirit orb within the host, Great Stalker of the Night is asking the host for permission to force the process. Y/N]

‘AHHHH!! What the hell!’

Within my mind, a loud obnoxious noise was blaring alongside a message had caused me to wake up.

 ‘Wait… I’m alive!’

Shooting up from the ground I opened my eyes to see nothing but darkness in my immediate surroundings.

‘Or not?’

Taking a look around darkness had seemed to continue on endlessly but when I looked down, I noticed a blue transparent screen, and on it was words that I seemingly could understand but had never seen before.

[Alert! Great Stalker of the Night is unable to condense spirit orb within the host, Great Stalker of the Night is asking the host for permission to force the process. Y/N]

‘What does this even mean’

As I gazed at the screen the question that I had asked was quickly answered as its definition was plopped directly into my mind.

[The Spirit Orb of a daemon is its source of power and where its mana is stored]

So that’s why I’m so weak, without this spirit orb thing I could never compete with even the weakest of beasts or should I say Daemons out there. Without hesitation, I pressed the “Yes” button.

[Host has chosen “Yes” artificial soul restoration will begin in 3 secs]

‘Wait, what is ‘artificial soul restoration’?’

[3]

The answer that I was looking for never came.

[2]

‘Wait, what is going to happen to me!’

[1]

At that moment something in my mind had shut down, my mind was calm, peaceful, but suddenly a wave of pain that I could never have dreamt of experiencing had hit all at once.

‘…!’

I tried to scream but no sound erupted from my mind, my inner voice was silent, all that was with me was this ever-present pain as it only continued to get worse.

[Host has almost blacked out; Great Stalker of the Night has kept host awake as to no ruin the chances of restoration]

This blasted system! It wanted me to suffer.

This process continued for who knows how long, during this process my emotions were in an endless loop of anger and sadness, I wanted to shout and curse but couldn’t, I wanted to cry and scream but couldn’t, this loop continued until I just accepted my fate and my mind went numb as I made myself comfortable in the darkness that now surrounded me.

When I had realized that the pain was gone, I had already lost all feeling in what I assumed was my body but directly in front of me was that blasted blue screen; working up the strength I had attempted to smack it away but my hand had phased through it.

‘Damn’

Seeing that my efforts were for nothing I gave in and read the screen.

[Congratulations, Host has survived the soul restoration process and now can leave the soul space of GSN. (Great Stalker of the Night) Since host’s body has been destroyed GSN will synthesize host’s body, the process will begin in 3 seconds]

Not again

[3,2,1]

With the hastened countdown I had simply prepared myself, nothing could hurt as bad as the first time, right?

Hi

2