First Kill
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8

My mind had slowly begun to form again after what had felt like an eternity. I have returned to the dark and empty void that I was once reformed from after I fell into the ravine.

<Host’s body will be ready in 20 minutes>

<Body Reconstruction will begin now>

Suddenly a wave of pain rushed me, the pain was like the pain this void had brought me before. If I could squirm I would, if I could yell, I would shout my lungs out, but in the void, I too had no physical form and therefore couldn’t do anything but exist with this pain as the image of a fox was slowly being reformed in front of me.

<Host’s body has been reconstructed>

<To ensure the survival of the host these lists of changes have been made>

< 1. Removal of pain

2. Improved body functions>

<That concludes the list>

The vision was suddenly filled with a bright white light, it didn’t hurt though. The light had gradually faded to reveal the misty cave. ‘Damn it! Sigh, looks like I’m back in the mist.’

<Welcome back to the land of the living>

My current location seemed to be different than what it was previously, around me was a dark decrepit space filled with bones and cobwebs, but strangely no dust, as if it something occupied this space, but my train of thought would be interrupted by the robotic voice in my head.

<Due to hosts death and rebirth 3 days have past, the host now had 197 days left>

‘Well, isn’t that great’ I am now down 3 days on all my missions, this wouldn’t be so bad if that new quest I got didn’t have such a short time period.

[Dodge]

My instincts had screamed at me to dodge but before I could truly recollect myself a large mass had dropped down from the ceiling and crushed me under its massive weight.

< -210 HP >

<Lv 8 Mist Cave Spider>

‘What in the hell’ My back was bent into an unachievable arch and by limps crushed into broken and bloody and like before it didn’t hurt much but unfortunately, I couldn’t move and above me was a massive spider, about 5 meters tall, was standing above me, with corrosive droll dripping from its chelicerae, looking down upon me, ‘Well I’m screwed’

If I were to describe it, I would say imagine have all of your being drained from your body by its corrosive venom entered your body while it stuffs you into its mouth feet first so that you can watch yourself be eaten as you quickly die from the venom.

<You have been devoured by a Lv 8 Mist Cave Spider>

<You have been drunken by a group of Lv 5 Mist Vampire Bats>

<You have been shredded to bit by a Lv 10 Mist Crocodile>

<Welcome back to the land of the living>

‘Good a decent location for once’, It had been 5 times now, 5 times that I had been dropped directly into another beast’s nest, 5 times I’ve been someone else’s morning snack, I will not get devoured again.

‘Status’

[Name: Unknown]

[Level 3]

EXP: 0/400

Heath: 250/250

Mana: 30/30

STR: 3->5

AGL: 8

DEF: 3->5

INT: 7

WIS: 8

Free Stat Points: 0

[Skills]

<Observe (Passive) Lv 1>

<Death Resistance (Passive) Lv 5>

[Death Resistance gives the user the ability to ignore that symptoms of imminent death and continue to fight until the draw their final breath]

[Condition]

<Mild Insanity>

Quickly scanning my surroundings, it became clear that this was an excellent location to build myself up. I was surrounded by beautiful, lush, plant life and hidden within these plants were my prey, they would be mine and mine alone, nothing will stop me this time.

*Rustle rustle* It was time, time to be the hunter. Looking over at the direction of the sound I caught the image of a plump round rabbit tail poking out from the inside of a push, the color of its fur was the same color of the bush only mixed with a little gray.

I do not let my excitement consume my and quickly and carefully make my way to its location, I kept my body low to the ground out of instinct and make carefully planned steps toward the rabbit, my heart-rate began to slow and my breath became shorter and spread apart.

<Skill Acquired: Sneak (Active) Lv 1>

<Sneak has leveled up>

There it was, unaware, defenseless, and here I was, right above it, It couldn’t even imagine that it’s end was near, it was mine for the taking, yes all mine, mine and mine alone, no one is here to take it from me, NO ONE! I pounced, my sharp teeth dug their way into the supple soft flesh of the rabbit, this feeling, it wasn’t like before when I used traps, the thrill of catching it when it was least expecting, that was true pleasure, is this what the mongoose felt, if so I don’t blame it for chasing me down, there couldn’t be any better feeling than this. I need more.

<Lv 2 Mist Rabbit killed>

<100 exp gained>

<Mist Rabbit Soul Consumed>

<Skill Acquired: Enhanced Hearing (Passive) Lv 1>

I kinda like this chapter for once

1