Chapter 1
51 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The air of winter blew strong this time of year, many would usually decide to stay inside this time of year but not everyone, standing beside a black Mercedes was a brown skinned girl of medium stature, not too tall nor too short, her box braids hung all the way down her back, her edges laid, and dark red lipstick was applied upon her lips. She wore what seemed to be a prom dress. It was a sleeveless dress, with one strap that was across the right shoulder, the dress itself was mostly black leading into a deep crimson around the calves and feet, underneath she wore a pair of bright red stilettos, you would think anyone that could get her to dress like this would be here but.

“Oooh, I bet if it were Jasmin, you would make it your life's purpose to get out here” 

“Ayla, you know I didn’t mean it that way, something really did come up I-”

“You know what, I’m sick and tired of your shit, every time I wanna do something, “Oh I need to go get my car cleaned. Oh, my phone is dying I can’t come” If you don’t love me JUST SAY THAT! if you're messing with other hoes, JUST SAY THAT!  I don’t have time for you and your nonsense, we’re done, bye.” Her face shone bright red, hanging up the phone she swiftly put the phone into her purse.

“Young Miss, are you ready to go back home, or do you wish to go get some ice cream?” Hearing the voice come from the driver's seat of the vehicle her mood almost instantly sobered and a small smile crept across her face. Looking at the man he was aging like fine wine, his hair had large patches of gray but besides that his body was well built, and face filled only with the slightest of wrinkles, without prior knowledge one wouldn’t be able to correctly guess his age.

“Unfortunately, I will have to decline the offer to get the delectable substance made from cow’s milk. The pomposity and nonsensical behavior of the man on the other side of the phone has made me quite tired. I would indeed like to make my way back to my dwelling. “ 

Hearing this all the man named Alexis could do was chuckle, “Whatever you say young miss, or should I say mademoiselle of the Spears dwelling.” 

The two began to chuckle to themselves as Ayla entered the backseat of the car, “I’m sorry you had to hear that Alexy but no, I think I’ve had enough today” The smile and laughter dampened as her face became a little more serious. 

“Young Miss, it’s going to be a long ride, why don’t you take a quick rest” He looked at her through the rear-view mirror, his face showing nothing but concern and worry.

“Sigh, sure, why not.” Positioning herself in a comfortable position she closed her eyes and quickly entered a state of slumber.

Looking back Alexis saw the stress on her face even while she slept and quietly shook his head.

“Young Miss we’re here” The voice of Alexis had woken the sleeping Ayla, along with the feeling of the chilling winds that rushed into the car as he opened the passenger door.

“Thank you Alexy” preparing to get out she found there happened to be a blanket draped over her sleeping figure, she could only assume that it was Alexis that had put it over her.

“With pleasure Young Miss” He had extended a hand to her as a way to help her out of the car, she ended up smacking it away with her white gloved hand.

“I’m not that much of a damsel that I can’t get out of a car by myself” She had cracked a smile at his slightly laughing face, he has known for a long time that she hates when he does this. 

They had both begun to make their way to the front door of the mansion that they had both called home for a number of years but before they could open the front door the sound of a doggy door rattling could be heard followed by the sound of rapid steps.

“Oh, my baby!” Quickly bending a knee on the cold stone brick of the walkway Ayla was met by the pounce of a white fox, many years after taking the poor boy home they found out that it was just albino, “Theo, did you miss me, did you miss me?” She happily swung the fox around in her arms speaking to it in the voice of a dotting pet owner.

“Bark bark” The fox was just excited to see her as she was to see him and began licking her face repeatedly.

“Young Miss I believe that you should save this for inside, remember it is 20 degrees (in American) outside” as soon as he said this the ever so prevalent winds made themselves known once again causing her to shiver down to the bone.

“Yeah, maybe you're right.” Quickly standing up off the ground with Theo in her arms she made her advance towards the double doors of the mansion, her face seemingly becoming more and more expressionless as she got closer to the household, before Alexis opened, she had taken a deep breath to prepare herself for this house.

Upon entry nothing much changed, as she walked with Alexis by her side she was only greeted with a short “hello young miss” or “welcome back young miss” from any of the workers inside the mansion. There was a rumor among the staff that Ayla was a soulless beauty, she expressed no emotion to those other than Alexis or her pet fox and wasn’t shy when it came to firing workers that she didn’t like, this had led to many in the house to be somewhat afraid of her as making her upset meant losing their jobs, or whatever they believed she would do to them.

Alexis had led her to her room before retiring to work that he needs to do as the Head Butler of the Spears Household, “You know how to contact me if you need anything Ayla, remember I am always here for you.”

“Yes yes, I understand Head Butler” He smiled a little at hearing this before leaving without a witty retort. 

“What’s wrong with him” She looked down at the fox in her arms but all her did was look back with confusion, “I guess you don’t know either” She said this before retreating to her very few happy places within the house, but this would soon to be proven wrong as when she had stepped into the room she had found a blond headed blue eyed women in a loose fitting dress, it had left ample enough room for her assets to be visible, her name was Emma and she was Ayla’s fathers new girlfriend, she was sitting in the chair that was located in front of the table that held her makeup drawers. 

“Oh, hey Ayla, welcome back” She didn’t stop what she was doing, going through her makeup collection purposely damaging the lot of them.

“What do you want!”

“Woah there, don’t get violent, I know how you black girls like to tussle” She made this remark with a smile on her face, obviously trying to get a reaction out of Ayla, “Why do you even have all this makeup anyways, it’s not like it shows up on your skin”

“Makeup is to enhance my features not create them, unlike you” Ayla simply flipped her hand through her hair and sat down on the bed before putting Theo down.

“YOU B-!!” Emma had spring out of her seat and approached Ayla with a hand in the air.

“Hit me and I will beat yo shit” Ayla looked her dead in the eyes and said this with no expression. Emma had stopped in her tracks before making her way to the door.

“Few, I shouldn’t get worked up over you monkey women, but your fa-” Before she could finish her sentence a punch collided with her teeth making her head bang against the door that she was standing by, “I won’t let you get away with this” Holding her cheek and bloody mouth she ran out the room and down the hall to the big double doors of her father’s office.

Ayla didn’t bother closing the door because she knew someone one would be coming to get her very soon, so she decided to look down at her phone, “He really isn’t gonna call me back” looking through the phones call logs they showed no calls from Camerin even during the hour that she was asleep, but before she could think any more a maid had come running down the hall telling her to go to her father’s office.

 

4