Chapter 6 – Out for blood
524 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shrouded by the darkness of the night, deep within an ancient forest, wails of creatures could be heard only to be torn apart and silenced within moments. Flashes of a blur could be seen flickering through the forest at unbelievable speeds, tearing apart anything it could find within its range, letting nothing escape.

The blur was obviously Spencer, still lost in his rage, he began massacring the various creatures of the jungle, killing and consuming them, making himself stronger in the process.

Spencer did not hold anything back, he would attack anything he could find, assimilating them into himself, gaining their traits. Enhancing the ones he already had, each creature he absorbed sped up the process of killing the next.

His strength kept soaring, reaching to the point that tearing apart any normal-sized dinosaur would be of no difficulty to him.

"AAAAARGH!" His roars echoed throughout the forest.

*CRACK!*

*SNAP!*

The grotesque, horrifying sounds of bones breaking and flesh being ripped apart could be heard. Spencer had released all his restraints, showing no mercy. In his eyes, these creatures were only the means to become stronger.

As Spencer kept hunting, the once boiling rage he felt began to subside. The more he killed a new, a more intoxicating feeling replaced it.

He was getting stronger at an incredibly fast rate, his body began to reform and grow exponentially. He grew to be over 15 feet in height. He was euphoric from the sensation of the raw power welling up within him, slowly becoming more feral as the night prolonged.

It had gotten to the point of him hunting and attacking by pure instincts alone, the instincts of all the creatures he had absorbed began to take over.

For the entirety of the night, Spencer kept hunting, killing, and consuming, until an unexpected change took place.

"AAAARGH!"

His body suddenly began to overheat, rapidly releasing steam, his heart rate peaking and his lungs contracting. Spencer's body expanded uncontrollably, forcefully snapping Spencer out of his absorbing frenzy.

The constant assimilation of traits did not have time to settle inside his body as Spencer kept consuming without rest for hours.

His eyes began to blur, an immense amount of fatigue began to wash over him, causing him to fall down to his knees, fading into unconsciousness.

.

.

.

.

-MORNING-

Spencer was laying within a cave, unconscious. Within his nightly rage-induced rampage, he consumed a large mass of smaller animals throughout the lush jungle, eventually becoming greatly fatigued and had collapsed.

*GROAN*

Slowly coming back to his senses, Spencer was still disoriented, unable to move. His body was constantly changing, fluctuating at a visible rate. These changes were caused by the mass assimilation of all the creatures he had consumed, his skin increasing in density, while also changing itself to a more lightweight, condensed material.

Spencer's body also began to shrink, returning to its previous size of 6 feet. His body was not simply only getting smaller, it was condensing its mass, greatly increasing his overall capabilities, maintaining all the strength of his larger form. His tail became thinner, gaining a hardened point at its tip, his claws turned smaller yet denser, gaining sharpness. The layer upon layer of scales he once had, began to fuse, becoming a thinner, denser layer of skin.

He was evolving.

Feeling the changes his body was going through, Spencer decided to stop trying to move and closed his eyes, letting his body state calm down.

.

.

.

.

As time slowly moved forward and the morning turned to afternoon, Spencer's body had finally finished its changes. Sensing this, Spencer's eyes snapped open revealing a bright yellow slit instead of pupils.

He began to move his body.

*POP*

The sounds of joints popping resonated in the small cave as Spencer's body began to wake up from its completed metamorphosis.

After a few awkward movements on the ground, Spencer had started to get used to his new, improved body. Positioning himself against the ground, he pushed himself up.

*BOOM!*

"What the…"

In the process of getting up, Spencer had exerted so much strength that he effectively launched himself to the top of the cave, sinking into the walls, opposite to his goal of simply getting off the floor.

Spencer was oblivious to the changes his body had gone through, he did not know the limits of his new form or what he was capable of now.

*THUD*

Falling from the newly created hole in the ceiling, Spencer was perplexed. He tried a gentler approach in his second attempt, slowly pressing himself up from the floor while examining himself. Noticing how different he looked than his previous self, he was shocked, mainly by the fact that he was smaller. He rather liked his increase in height.

Looking at the exit to the cave, he took a step in its direction. As he did, his feet stomped the ground loudly, each step he took carried an immense amount of weight behind it, displacing the soil at his feet.

Choosing to ignore this, for now, Spencer walked outside the cave to examine the area. Seeing nothing interesting, he continued on his track, trying to get used to his current self.

As the fresh air and afternoon shine of the sun caressed his face, Spencer decided to test his changes. He began walking and soon running in a direction, slowly picking up the speed. He kept getting faster and faster as he adjusted, the pace soon reaching speeds beyond anything possible by the creatures in this period.

Becoming excited, he began going even faster, causing a gust of wind so strong, that the tree swayed as he passed by them. Building up momentum, he directed his body towards a boulder, running at it full speed.

*BOOM!*

Crashing through it like a comet.

Planting his feet to stop himself, his momentum dragging him through the ground leaving a trail behind spanning several yards.

Looking back, Spencer grew even more excited, he was leagues above what he was before. Seeing how dirty he became, he decided to wash himself off somehow, searching for a river or any water available.

.

.

.

.

Finding a lake not long after, he went towards it to drink some water and then to proceed and clean himself down. Once near, he noticed a relatively small dinosaur was already there drinking the refreshing nectar.

Deciding no to disturb the creature as it was no longer a threat to him, Spencer went up to the border of the lake and knelt down. Using his hands, he began pouring some of the crystal clear drink.

*RUSTLE* *RUSTLE*

Behind him, the rustling of bushes could be heard.

Spencer turned around to check the source of the noise. In front of him was a massive dinosaur that seemed familiar to him, although he couldn't remember why.

The creature crept up on a smaller dinosaur that was on the other side of him, opening its jaws and snatching it up by its neck, shaking it violently.

*CRACK*

The shaking continued until a small cracking sound was heard, indicating that the neck of the creature had broken.

The bigger dinosaur placed the smaller one on the ground and looked at Spencer. Seeing the creature's face, he recognized it.

How could he not?

It was the one that had eaten him on his arrival.

Seeing his predator once again, Spencer grew excited.

"YOU! I finally found you, or should I say you found me? It doesn't matter, you'll be dead soon anyways!" He exclaimed with excitement as his face contorted into a cruel, menacing grin.

*SNARL!*

The creature snarled and rushed at Spencer.

"Ohoho, you read my mind!"

Spencer rushed at the creature as well.

This was the start of an epic battle for revenge and dominance.

17