Chapter 8 – Changes
500 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking forward, facing the horizon, a field of chaos, the reminder of a fearsome exchange could be seen on the edges of a nearby lake.

Rows of trees torn apart and splintered, the soil displaced greatly, showing signs of being plowed through by something massive facing an even mightier adversary.

At the epicenter of all this carnage and chaos, a fairly deep crater could be observed emitting an immense golden hue.

Within this crater, the shape of a body, the true cause of the golden glow was lying on the ground. The glow that had proceeded after hours, was beginning to slowly dim over time but was still relatively bright when viewed from the surface.

.

.

.

.

As time passed and the morning luster was replaced by the midday glory, the glow dimmed considerably, making its unnatural cause visible to the surface.

What could be seen was Spencer. His appearance was vastly different than it was prior. His skin was no longer scaly like reptiles, instead, it became similar to mammals. His hands no longer had claws. His tail vanishing back within his body.

Spencer's body had completely reverted to its original form.

Observing his body, other than a massive change in muscle mass, having the build of a modern-day bodybuilder and gaining the perfect proportions, he looked relatively human. His hair changed to platinum, rather than its previous golden color.

As the glow began to fade completely, Spencer's form could be admired in its full glory. His skin could be seen glistening as the sun's rays caressed his chest, seeming delicate to the touch and filled with luster.

*CRACK!*

Not long after the glow faded, a medium-sized chuck on debris broke off from the edge of the crater, plummeting towards Spencer's body.

*, CRUMBLE!*

As if colliding with metal, the debris shattered as it came into contact with Spencer's skin.

His skin's delicate appearance was merely an illusion, in actuality, it was much stronger than most materials generated on the planet, capable of absorbing and repealing high levels of pressure generated against it.

Spencer didn't so much as flinch to the debris, as it went completely unnoticed by him.

*GROAN*

He granted as he began to open his eyes, expressing another noticeable change.

His eyes were still reptilian, but they changed greatly from how they were before. The slit in his pupils gaining depth, giving off a sinking feeling to those who observed it, his irises and sclera radiating a purple and blue hue, gaining the main characteristics of a more mythical creature.

"Uhhh… my head…" Spencer groaned in pain clasping his forehead.

He was still disoriented from the changes his body had gone through.

Spencer stood up with zero difficulty, due to his body's newfound instinct of being less wasteful of movement.

Standing up, Spencer looked at his hands.

"Huh? What happened to my claws?" He asked, confused.

Noticing he no longer had his claws, his hands reverting to that of a human, he was shocked.

"Wat a second…"

Despite his claws not being visible on the outside, Spencer could still feel them. Feeling as if he could still use them, but he still couldn't understand what changes his body had made, what he had become.

Walking over to the lake, Spencer knelt and leaned over to see his reflection on the water's crystal clear surface.

"Woah…"

He noticed that his body had reverted to how it was before, except for a few noticeable changes. His muscles were massive, each fiber was visible below the skin. He also noticed that his hair has changed from his original gold to a more platinum sheen.

That was when he finally noticed the changes in his eyes.

"Holy shit…"

Seeing his irises and sclera glowing a purple and blue hue he was flabbergasted.

"I kinda like this new look!" Spencer said as he began to straighten himself and stand back up.

Turning around, he saw the damage caused by his battle against the massive beast. Deciding to ignore this, he began walking back into the forest.

After the first few steps, Spencer noticed something, his balance was much different than it was in his previous forms. Seeming more spread out around his entire body, rather than being centered at his core.

Wanting to test the changes in his balance, Spencer placed his leg back on the ground.

To test it further, he also placed his hands on the muddy floor, transitioning into a one-handed handstand. He began shifting his weight in as many positions as he possibly could, even with his supernatural flexibility, his balance did not falter even once.

Satisfied with his newfound capabilities, Spencer wanted to further test what other changes he had.

Looking back at his hands, he remembered the strange feeling he was having. He began to experiment, tensing the muscles in his right arm, waiting for the result.

To his surprise, his right arm exploded in size, replicating the layers of scales he had in his larger, reptilian form. His nails elongated and hardened, morphing into the claws he once had.

"Ohoho, nice!" Spencer grew even more excited about this discovery.

Releasing the tension in his arm, it quickly reverted to its previous state.

.

.

.

.

After continuous experimentation, Spencer had concluded that he still had all of the traits he had absorbed, but his body had decided to store these traits within him, only expressing themselves when they were needed in combat.

He also found out that he could revert himself completely into his more massive form by contracting all the muscles in his body and focusing on the change.

Now in his larger form, Spencer could be seen smiling, flashing his terrifying fangs in anticipation of how much stronger he was.

Walking up to a nearby tree, he raised his claws into the air.

*FWOOSH!*

AS he swung his claws, a burst of wind followed, slicing the tree into parts and proceeding to do the same to the ones behind it, blowing the sections away with the erupting pressure.

Satisfied with what he had seen, Spencer had a look of approval plastered on his face.

"I think that's everything."

Concentrating, he reverted to his smaller, humanoid appearance. He continued to walk into the forest, searching for the cave he was once in.

19