Chapter 37 – New Experience
358 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Observing the surface of the red planet's desert surface, deep cavities spread far and wide as two silhouettes dashed across the surface, violently pursued by another much larger silhouette traveling at high speeds. The smaller silhouettes being the two Martians, maneuvering and evading the larger silhouettes concussive blows, focusing on their defensive capabilities rather than retaliating against their target.

Spencer, who was in his most monstrous form, continued his relentless attack against the two White Martians, taking advantage of his massive size and momentum to place the two Martians at a greater disadvantage. He continually sent out massive area effect attacks to allow the two enemies fewer opportunities to evade his strikes.

The two Martians tried to attack him mentally from time to time to slow him down and allow them ample opportunity to retaliate and potentially severely wound him, but each attempt they made to assault his mind would be fruitless as he had already greatly enhanced it to resist the attacks. His body had already greatly adapted to combat the frequent psychic anomalies.

They were growing agitated by their failure to severely wound Spencer, and they soon came to notice that any damage that they would manage to inflict upon him, would heal in a manner of seconds, leading them to be in a standstill that they felt that they would soon lose if they could not find a way to finish Spencer off.

To hold this humongous beast, the male Martian increased his size and clashed against Spencer. Hand to hand, the two colliding created a gust that lifted the sand and disturbed the terrain. Pushing to overtake the other, the ground beneath the two began to split as they pushed the other away.

Whilst this was happening, the female martian would attack Spencer from various angles, using her ability to phase as a way to disorient him and attack him in his potential blind spots, inflicting minor accumulating wounds.

Spencer aggressively kicked the male Martian in the stomach, sending him flying back with an audible shockwave. The Martian bounced on the sand and caught himself after a slight tumble, then immediately charged back at Spencer.

Seeing that Spencer was paying her no mind, the female Martian grew irritated by the fact that he did not see her as a considerable enough threat to attack, placing all of his attention on killing the male Martian. In her annoyance, she used this to her advantage, attacking Spencer from all sides, using all of the methods that she could. She bombarded Spencer's body relentlessly.

Meanwhile, the male Martian who was continuously surprised by Spencer's neverending resilience realized that no matter how much they attacked him, it would be for naught. This beast would continue to attack as if he was unaffected by their attacks, no matter how fierce they were, even it would be able to kill any other creature on this planet instantly.

Morphing her lower body into that akin to a snake, the female Martian wrapped herself around the lower half of Spencer's body in an attempt to restrict his movement. As she did this, the male Martian punched him in the face and sent him bouncing roughly a mile in the opposite direction.

Catching himself with a flip, Spencer used his inner energy as a means to kick off the air and launch back at the male Martian. Holding two condensed balls of inner energy in his hands, he threw it at them. Upon collision, a dust cloud was formed.

Spencer emerged from the cloud and instantly dodged to his left. On his right side, the female Martian had shifted her arms into blades and tried to impale Spencer. He quickly waved his hand in her direction and projected a wall of spines.

The female hastily phased through the ground. Spencer was then immediately hit in the face by the male, which he then retaliated by infusing his fist with inner energy and punching towards it with his maximum output. Entering its phased state, the male Martian continued to move towards Spencer, but instead of Spencer's punch phasing through his chest as it normally would, a deep cavity was formed on the Martian's chest as it was sent flying with great force.

Feeling his chest being held down to the ground, Spencer looked down to see a pair of hands holding him. Raising his hands above his head, he slammed the ground beneath him, forming yet another cavity.

Seeing that he was released, he flew up and extended both his palms.

Spencer began to wonder how he managed to punch the male MArtian even though his hand was supposed to go through him. His thoughts soon landed on one potential cause.

"Hmm... Let's see if my theory is correct!"

Forming six small balls of energy, he condensed them and slowly made them rotate around his wrists. Flickering from the sky, Spencer appeared in front of the male and threw a flurry of punches, pummeling and pushing him back with each hit.

Despite trying to phase through Spencer's punches, -due to them being coated in energy-, the male Martian was unable to and had to endure all of the beast's hits. Soon, breaking from the pressure, the male could no longer retaliate as his body began to shrink back to its normal size.

"Where's all the spunk you had a second ago, huh?!"

Kicking the male Martian into the ground, Spencer turned around and spat a ball of energy at seemingly nothing. However, in the next moment, as it collided with the phased female Martian, a shriek rang out as she revealed her body while plowing down to the ground.

Turning back to the male Martian, Spencer went for another barrage of punches to make sure that he would stay down for sure this time, but this time around, less and less of them landed until the martian was essentially capable of avoiding all of his punches.

Evading Spencer's punches, he was going for a kick to his leg to get him to lose his balance. They could no longer take this monster lightly in his new state, as he could now hit them even while they were phasing. Putting all his strength into the kick to Spencer's leg, he was greatly shocked when Spencer simply ignored the kick and proceeded to punch him through the ground in one swift motion.

The female Martian who phased from beneath Spencer, with her blades arms, was about to execute an attack on his back and phased underground only to sprung up below him. However, Spencer long had sensed her actions, and as soon as she sprung up she was swatted out of the air like a fly with a backward kick infused with his inner energy. She went tumbling through the sand, but before she could stabilize herself, Spencer appeared before her location and caught her in a hug.

Embracing the struggling female Martian, Spencer looked down at her with a threateningly calm expression.

"So, you like penetrating things huh? Guess what, I do too!" He said with a chilling smile on his face.

Before the female Martian could attempt to escape or phase through his hold Spencer hugged her tighter. His frame swelled and countless spines suddenly protruded from his body, impaling his captive and him a pained shriek from her. With the added paralysis effect infused within his spines, the female Martian was now unable to move.

Dropping her hole littered and paralyzed body on the floor, Spencer bound her body with his inner energy to make sure she would not get back up for a while. Breaking off a spine from the countless on his body, Spencer infused a decent amount of inner energy into it and threw it to his left, seemingly without a target.

The spine collided with something in mid-air and began to surge violently, enveloping what it had hit and created an outline.

The male Martian slowly began to materialize as the target that Spencer had hit with his spine, paralyzing him as well. Before he had time to react to the attack, Spencer flickered over to the now stunned enemy and picked him up by the neck. Watching as he struggled in distress, his form shifting and changing, looking relatively unstable.

Waving his hand, the female Martian covered in his inner energy began to float towards his side and rested there without even a glance from Spencer. Still examining the male Martian in his hand, Spencer made him levitate as well.

Undoing his transformation, his bones shifting back and his muscles shrinking, Spencer returned to his normal state.

"I remembered something that I read before… Supposedly, you Martians can only use your abilities if your minds are intact and fully functioning."

Raising his hand and waving it in front of the male Martian, Spencer continued his speech.

"Now that you both can barely think straight from the poison and my inner energy messing with you from the inside, you are basically no longer any threat."

Now that he had the two dangling in front of him, Spencer placed his hand on his chin and began looking at the two white Martians up and down. He carefully analyzed the two.

"Apart from the obvious skin-color difference, you guys seem to look more intimidating than your Green counterparts…"

He examined their appearance closely: exoskeleton-like armored skin, sharp teeth and claws, while also sporting red eyes. Spencer wasn't especially impressed by their outer appearance, he only cared about the unique abilities and traits they held within their species.

Holding out his hand, Spencer slowly channeled concentrated amounts of his inner energy into his palm, condensing what would have been the size of a small house, down to that of a tennis ball. Due to the immense pressure, the condensed ball of energy radiated an immense amount of heat into its surroundings. He then slowly shaped the ball into the shape of a thorn.

"I also read that you guys are weak to heat-based attacks… Though I have to admit, that makes no sense… Your home is basically a big never-ending desert…"

Moving the energy thorn in between his index and middle finger, Spencer extended it into a blade and swiftly severed the heads of the male and female Martians before they could have a say in his actions. In the next moment, their carcasses liquefied and slowly migrated into his body similarly to all the other creatures he killed and absorbed so far.

Opening his arms and embracing the assimilation, Spencer relaxed his body as the essence of the two white Martians fused with him and became one with his mass. He immediately felt an immediate increase in his strength and power, filling him with an intoxicating sensation that he hasn't enjoyed in years.

"Ah… Nothing can surpass this feeling…"

Clenching and opening his hand, Spencer was restless to make use of the new abilities had just earned. Attempting to figure out how to become invisible as they did, Spencer soon succumbed to a mind-shattering pain. His body began to convulse and shake, he felt as if molten lava was being slowly poured on his brain and every nerve in his body.

He could only scream out in pain as his body began to slowly melt before his eyes, his skin began to liquefy and drip to the sand as his bones soon followed. His screams halted as his lungs and vocal cords have liquefied as well. His eyes melted out of their sockets. Within just a few moments, he became a mass of fluid on the arid sands of Mars.

12